Poker Release Notes 3.29

Stubbe-Unibet

9 hours ago, Tom Siddle said:

We can’t really know the enjoyment level players are experiencing can we .
As I’ve said before the increased number of players is for different reasons than these gameplay changes. 

Everything I’m saying is just so obvious 

Of course we can.

Even if solely looking at transactional data, you can establish whether it's a better-liked game by for instance looking at retention rate, average game launches etc. etc. 

11 hours ago, fornicator99 said:

Was fun watching this  for a while but this just burns my eyes. It's obvious that no reg likes it but how do you know about what recs think?  I've seen mentioned the notion of "fun". They only people for which the games need to be fun are the recs and they seem to like it otherwise they wouldn't continue to lose money. You just keep repeating the obvious complaints of a reg and basically want NL200 but with banzai spaz fish that get it in with top pair 200 bb deep. I get it, I would love it too, it was fun while it lasted, but games change and everyone needs to adapt. my 2c
@Stubbe-Unibet Would it be possible to share some insight about how the game changed? Are there regs that do better, are recs losing slower, are there more new players than before, etc?

Yes, can share some data later. I'm off sick today so only doing urgent stuff.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

21 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Of course we can.

Even if solely looking at transactional data, you can establish whether it's a better-liked game by for instance looking at retention rate, average game launches etc. etc. 

So no new bonuses today ? 😄 get well soon

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Of course we can.

How would you know though why the retention rate is, you don’t know it would be because of the reasons I talk about (stacks resetting, break time being reduced, alias removal, 5 handed, games breaking quick).

It could be other reasons, the game looks much nicer now and has a more fun vibe,  or it could be for other reasons I don’t know. 

20 minutes ago, Tom Siddle said:

How would you know though why the retention rate is, you don’t know it would be because of the reasons I talk about (stacks resetting, break time being reduced, alias removal, 5 handed, games breaking quick).

It could be other reasons, the game looks much nicer now and has a more fun vibe,  or it could be for other reasons I don’t know. 

When I said the game is better, I meant just that, based on the data we got. I didn't mean that your issues in particular is what makes it better. I'm repeating myself, but I agree it should be possible to carry stack forward/avoid reset, so obviously it's not the case that I think the game is doing better because of this change specifically.

Sitouts being reduced significantly and games being faster and thereby more mobile friendly, that is very likely to be having a positive impact, but even if mobile traffic is up, I can't say that it's due to this specifically. Again, I'm talking about the game as a whole, and it's 100% certain the improved numbers are not just due to Banzai being in the header. 

@Tom Siddle Banzai 2.0 is the only interesting online cash game format. Of course, if you look at this format from the point of view of the player's REG, perhaps some of the claims are reasonable, but if this format has interested a player who hates the cash game (ie me), then this is already a cool change in the world of the cash game.

2 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

When I said the game is better, I meant just that, based on the data we got. I didn't mean that your issues in particular is what makes it better. I'm repeating myself, but I agree it should be possible to carry stack forward/avoid reset, so obviously it's not the case that I think the game is doing better because of this change specifically.

Sitouts being reduced significantly and games being faster and thereby more mobile friendly, that is very likely to be having a positive impact, but even if mobile traffic is up, I can't say that it's due to this specifically. Again, I'm talking about the game as a whole, and it's 100% certain the improved numbers are not just due to Banzai being in the header. 

Why do the sit outs have a positive impact? People just get angry when they try to do something quick like answer door or go toilet and get kicked out (And lose the stack they’ve been building)

There have been good and bad changes and I think the ones I talk about are the bad ones. 

I think you underestimate the header but that’s hard to evaluate.

Its fine that we have difference of opinion, don’t want it to be frosty.

4 hours ago, Tom Siddle said:

Why do the sit outs have a positive impact? People just get angry when they try to do something quick like answer door or go toilet and get kicked out (And lose the stack they’ve been building)

There have been good and bad changes and I think the ones I talk about are the bad ones. 

Game is built with mobile sessions in mind, so it's not really relevant. Old Banzai had way too many sitouts, on average. Less players sitting out is a good thing; we want 5 players at the table that are actually playing. 

But again, losing the stack is a separate issue where we agree it should work differently.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't bother to read through all banzai related threads but anyone player feel the same or something poker team has consireded that maybe you could adjust blinds lower when just 2-3 players at table or then let table only run with min 4 players?

I mean those blinds are really brutal against 2-3 players. I appreciate and like that it is suppose to be fast and loose poker but the fact that you can see your starting stack melt away after 10 deals with folding is just bit too brutal imo.