Community League - Winter 2023

Stubbe-Unibet

2140503180_Winter2023communityleaguepost.png.459676875650abccaae1d7c75622bc9c.png

24 tournaments, excellent value super flip qualifier, leaderboard prizes, unique community avatar for tournament winners. Yes, it's time for another community league!

For chat during tournaments, head over to the Unibet Poker Discord: https://discord.gg/mKrgJxDH6P.

Remember to play with your community alias, in order to qualify for leaderboard points and the potential "The Double Jackpot".

Schedule

Buyin is €5 in every tournament with one re-entry being allowed. All tournaments - including the qualifier flips - will be password protected. Passwords are just below the schedule in this post.

Date Time Tournament
14/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community PKO
14/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community PKO
15/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community Hyper
15/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community Hyper
16/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community PLO
16/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community PLO
18/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community Turbo
18/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community Turbo
21/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community Hyper
21/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community Hyper
22/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community Turbo
22/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community Turbo
23/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community PKO
23/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community PKO
25/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community PLO
25/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community PLO
28/02/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community PLO
28/02/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community PLO
01/03/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community PKO
01/03/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community PKO
02/03/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community Turbo
02/03/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community Turbo
04/03/2023 19:30 CET €300 Community Hyper
04/03/2023 20:05 CET €300 Community Hyper

Passwords

Password for all flip qualifiers is: dolphin (until the 24th, the pw is flipper)

Passwords week 3:

• Tuesday: lastweek
  • Wednesday: rememberspc
  • Thursday: turboboy
  • Saturday: lastchance

Super Flip Qualifier

10 minutes before each tournament there will be a 10 ticket flip qualifier with a buyin of just 5 cents! OVERLAY ALERT!
The tickets won in these qualifiers can only be used in community league events.

The Double Jackpot

Win both tournaments of the night and we send a €250 Supermoon ticket your way!

All tournament winners will automatically get this handsome avatar:

image.png.255a2114070dae09a62d606a92137350.png

Top 10 on the leaderboard will also receive a new and exclusive "Community League Winter" avatar. This is still to be designed and will be added manually to the winners a couple of weeks after the league has finished.
This leaderboard avatar will be a shark with a winter theme and future community leagues will use the same avatar with a theme fitting the season.

Leaderboard

The leaderboard is simply based on money won in the tournaments. Prizes up for grabs are:

1. €200
2. €150
3. €100
4. €75
5. €50

The prizes are paid in bonus points

Terms & Conditions

• Players from Sweden, Belgium and Denmark can not win leaderboard prizes or the double jackpot
  • Players from Netherlands will need to opt-in in the thread (simply post "I opt in to this promotion"), in order to compete for the added value
  • Leaderboard points can only be earned when player uses a poker identity with a name identical or very similar to the community alias
  • "The Double Jackpot" can only be won when player uses a poker identity with a name identical or very similar to the community alias.
  • Leaderboard prize and the double jackpot will be paid within 72 hours
  • We reserve the right to change the promotion at any time
  • We reserve the right to exclude customers from this promotion
  • General Unibet terms and conditions apply
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

• Stubbe-Unibet changed the title to Community League - Winter 2023

This is a very good promotion. For €1,2 you will get a €5 ticket if those flip qualifiers won't reach the 90 player limit and the flip will be a 9 hand tournament. Theoretically you will win 1 from 9 flips and you will have 24 options.

1 hour ago, psrquack said:

This is a very good promotion. For €1,2 you will get a €5 ticket if those flip qualifiers won't reach the 90 player limit and the flip will be a 9 hand tournament. Theoretically you will win 1 from 9 flips and you will have 24 options.

Glad to hear you like it 🙂 Also think it's a great way for the league to be attractive to a much wider group of players.

• Thanks 1

Leaderboard can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nAVuGEHNwTwOjhnjsDuip3cn42MlVTV8DNOJynWOpao/edit?usp=sharing

and it will be updated right after each tournament.

Leaderboard will include all the players that reach the money or manage to win a bounty. It will also show those poker aliases that won't be eligible to win any leaderboard or Jackpot prizes. Those will be greyed out though,  so it'll be easy to see who you don't have to care about on the leaderboard battle 🙂

If you see yourself being greyed out on the leaderboard eventhough you feel like you played with a close enough alias to your community name, then please do let us know about it on this thread or on Discord.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Am I the only one with alias problem? I mean, I register to the community league with the right one, then I open few other (cash tables) with different aliases. When the community league table pop up, I'll be seated with the last alias used at the cash tables. 

So, if we are always playing with original alias there is no problem, but if we like to have different nicks on other tables there can be one

5 minutes ago, HardGain said:

Am I the only one with alias problem? I mean, I register to the community league with the right one, then I open few other (cash tables) with different aliases. When the community league table pop up, I'll be seated with the last alias used at the cash tables. 

So, if we are always playing with original alias there is no problem, but if we like to have different nicks on other tables there can be one

The alias used in tournaments is currently the alias that is active when tournament starts. It's not ideal, but nothing we can change right now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HardGain said:

I mean, I register to the community league with the right one, then I open few other (cash tables) with different aliases

Do it the other way around, register tourny with right alias and wait until it starts before you enter cash tables with different aliases. That should do the trick imo???

You are welcome, 5 dollars ty 🤲

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibetyeah, i thought it's not an easy task, but wanted to point out anyway 😉

@Livertool I used that trick few times when alias was required, but if I have a spare time, before the tourney starts I tend to play some cash hands, specially now with the ongoing banzai flips

5€ buy in is out of my UB budget, but if I will flip good I will take part of the league from time to time

@Purps shoudl work, until cash tables starts to fall apart 🙂

Edited by HardGain
  • Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet and everyone 🙂

Would it be a horrible idea to use a wider payout structure for the community league events than what it's been before?

I had a look at the previous edition and the tournaments paid somewhere between 11%-14% of total entries. Now I don't know which kind of automated set-ups there are to choose for the payout structures when setting up an tournament, but to me it feels like a number closer to 20% paid would be a lot more suitable for these games. Community tournaments should be a little more player friendly than regular ones anyhow.

Firstly, wider payouts would create way better leaderboard dynamics when we have more players scoring points, but even more importantly it can be very discouraging to play the first week without even min-cashing once. €5 buy-in is quite high for many players here that would want to play these, and getting your name on the leaderboard and also some money back is always a nice encouragement 👍

The "baller"-section of the community may well be against such a change, but maybe they'll be able to see the bigger picture also... And this is just a suggestion. No biggie if it doesn't lead to anything.... 🙂

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Purps said:

First joining the cash tables with the random alias, then changing the alias to the community one before registering to the tournament should also work I think ( don't change the alias back to random until the tournament has started though )...

I think it changes it back to last alias that cash table was opened when tournament starts and players are seated if you do it this way 🤔 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Livertool said:

I think it changes it back to last alias that cash table was opened when tournament starts and players are seated if you do it this way 🤔 

Oh. Well that's not good. I need to edit my post so that no one gonna sue me. 😖

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Purps said:

Oh. Well that's not good. I need to edit my post so that no one gonna sue me. 😖

I'm not 100% sure thou, i don't usually mess around with aliases but that is my image of how it goes..

What comes to prices, i don't mind wider payout and maybe pkos should be adjusted too vs normal payouts, winning one of pkos is huge advantage towards lb when it is based on money won

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Shouldn't be the case but can't say with 100% certainty there's not a bug 😄 

39 minutes ago, Purps said:

@Stubbe-Unibet and everyone 🙂

Would it be a horrible idea to use a wider payout structure for the community league events than what it's been before?

I had a look at the previous edition and the tournaments paid somewhere between 11%-14% of total entries. Now I don't know which kind of automated set-ups there are to choose for the payout structures when setting up an tournament, but to me it feels like a number closer to 20% paid would be a lot more suitable for these games. Community tournaments should be a little more player friendly than regular ones anyhow.

Firstly, wider payouts would create way better leaderboard dynamics when we have more players scoring points, but even more importantly it can be very discouraging to play the first week without even min-cashing once. €5 buy-in is quite high for many players here that would want to play these, and getting your name on the leaderboard and also some money back is always a nice encouragement 👍

The "baller"-section of the community may well be against such a change, but maybe they'll be able to see the bigger picture also... And this is just a suggestion. No biggie if it doesn't lead to anything.... 🙂

We could use the 17% structure we got 🙂 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Livertool said:

I'm not 100% sure thou, i don't usually mess around with aliases but that is my image of how it goes..

What comes to prices, i don't mind wider payout and maybe pkos should be adjusted too vs normal payouts, winning one of pkos is huge advantage towards lb when it is based on money won

If money won includes bounties then there is little to no difference between the winnings.

9/2 Ten-Spot - €1,573.20 PP - Winner got €377.69

9/2 Cage - €1,532.72 PP - Winner got €135.14+€240.05 = €375.19

Swings might be a little higher in PKOs but it's the nature of the beast really.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor