Breaking Even

Samba

Wasn't sure on a spot from last night at 25bbs deep before the money.

I know at 20bbs it's calling with my hand ~90% of the time but that frequency should be adjusted for actual range of opponent in a vacuum (tighter than solver) &  the fact it is deeper.

SPCspot.png.cfcfe3fc80d026e42e17eca2ee044398.png

Flop vs 1bb cbet

image.png.036e77f25f3cbcc7008191ff34cfd44d.png

image.png.ef9c85f8ab581f543d0105c22e46e352.png

Spoiler

He had KK and we binked a T to win

Blog Profit: £7650

❤️ Sam

• Like 1

Interesting spot! I don't think I would fold any suited Tx pre but maybe I'm a fish. OTF I don't think it's that good to raise this hand, maybe I would raise stuff like A7 or A6 since they need protection but have better equity when behind if you go all in. But I would raise lots of low equity bluffs, flush draws with overs etc. (and strong made hands of course) against this weak 1 BB bet.

Not sure whats correct though 😄

Edited by CuteRaven
  • Thanks 1

I actually used the wrong flop in my sim so the hand goes from 90% call to 20% call at 20bbs.

So at 26bbs and factoring in the villains perceived range to be tighter than GTO I think it is a snap fold.

@CuteRaven That is what the solver output is for our continuing strat vs 1bb if we check this flop (lots of greyed out stuff that has pure jammed pre or pure led the flop)

flopvs1bb367duotone20bb.png.270ca9799d90dad3ca3e0693c66be095.png

@KrustyTheClown Thanks

• Like 1

3 misclicks in one day yesterday, one which cost me a final table stack in an SPC L where I called a 55bb open shove with 69s. Very costly leaderboard points punted!

update10th.png.260f34e084c033242e67bd0ee7f01bd4.png

Don't really have a chance at the All since I am not playing the H events

3 days of play left and I have a chance at some points, anything could happen yet though.

There is just so much value on the site.. After a bad run on the MTTs I played the deepstack challenge for about an hour and won it for an extra €100 cash game ticket. Played a few satellites that all had overlay into the main events. Unibet really does look after it's players. Thank you!

GL If you're playing today

❤️ Sam

Edited by Samba
typo
  • Like 5

I punted off yesterday morning at 200PLO and then punted my 100 cash ticket by blind jamming every hand, ended up losing 300. Didn't realise I had a £500 spending limit set and now I am locked out from registering tournaments until April 1st.

Let myself down, let my family down, just depressed af tbh. Going into the last 2 days in top 10 for both with a chance at some serious bonus points that would really help me move up and I go and do dumb shit like that. FML

Cya in april maybe

• Sad 4

We all do dumb stuff at times, sometimes for weird reasons. You've stood up and admitted it without trying to blame anyone or anything else, an all too often rare step these days, and will take your "punishment". Try not to let it get you down, you're already on the right track to recovery, and hopefully will come back stronger. 🏋️‍♂️

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

6 hours ago, Samba said:

Didn't realise I had a £500 spending limit set and now I am locked out from registering tournaments until April 1st.

Damn, too bad bro. I was rooting for you. 😕

I wonder if some rules will not be violated if @Samba accidentally gets tickets for the last tournaments of the SPC, and money in the value of these buy-ins accidentally disappears from his account? Just curious.

Spoiler

Too bad @Stubbe-Unibetwon't see this message. 😕

• 2 weeks later...

I had to decide if i wanted to try to recover my Unibet account with < €5 allowance or go and deposit somewhere else and grind a deposit bonus. Fuck that I like Unibet and I did it to myself stop being a fucking wimp.

Spoiler

update23.png.0b615657db163d33002587a042866289.png

The Best Reaction GIF by Boo! A Madea Halloween

Spoiler

EZ clap

Gonna keep grinding all the low stakes stuff and NOT play 200PLO

Also started gardening, it's helped me not tilt for a week, maybe it's the secret sauce?

❤️ Sam

• Like 5

The rungood continues, shipped ironman + 3 other smaller MTTs. All 1st none of the runner up nonsense.

Spoiler

update26.png.1ab46fbaa3fceef833c408b3372e19c7.png

Gonna play everything today even the high buyin stuff.

Gl if you're playing

Blog Profit: £8450

❤️ Sam

• Like 4

On 3/12/2023 at 7:57 AM, Samba said:

and now I am locked out from registering tournaments until April 1st.

Thought you were done till then? Was it a mistake? 🤔

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

At my lowest point, I looked up at the sun and heard a voice proclaim: "You must prove your heart and commitment to the game."

Spoiler

200.gif

€5 = enough to play 10 satellites into the battle royale

2nd place in battle royale = 150. After I had 150 to work with it allowed me to start using my bonus points again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Cashed out after running it up before resetting for Q2 and currently -200 so far this month playing a little bit of everything.

Will do a proper update when i stop doing it in everyday.

Good luck to everyone playing the community league, I am going to really try and play every event this time and go for the win since everyone else is tryharding.

❤️ Sam

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Been playing MTTs and hunting good cash tables where I leave within 2 orbits if the game isn't juicy since I only get 5% rakeback (impossible to be a rb grinder anymore.)

Shipped the 25 stack and 2nd in another 25 and 3rd last night in the Supernova 2 day, gutted I didn't win.

Me vs  2 recreational players who can't read their cards and I went 0/3 in all ins. Final hand (all in on flop with 64%).

Sat some 400PLO with the profit and spun a bit more up.

Also running good on other sites but will spare the details, no 5 figure scores so nothing worth talking about.

Sam ❤️

Blog Profit: £10500

• Like 2

Wish I could edit that above post because I didn't proofread it and I missed out on 2 allins I won, just coolers with AA and KK, I don't want to seem like I am trying to imply i ran really bad when clearly I ran amazing to even FT. Just a hastily rushed salty post cos I'm pissed I didn't win it when I had a decent chance. so yeah 2/5 in All ins. not 0/3

@FreedoM The "Rake X get Y" bonus thingy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My brother was murdered 7 days ago, he was my best friend.

That is his justgiving link, I don't share it asking for charity, I just wanted to share a picture of him.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/simon-bligh

I miss him so much, I spent almost everyday with him since the original covid lockdown

RIP Tommy everything I do is for you and your daughter- now and forever

• Sad 3

that's horrible! i'm stuck on your page, looking at the picture of your brother and don't know what to write 

I just want to express my sincere condolences to you and family. It's hard for an adult to lose a parent, can't imagine how it is for a little girl

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Struggled to play online for a few months since Tommy would always sit behind me and watch my MTT grind.

Everytime I loaded the Unibet software it would trigger memories of him and I couldn't manage to play.

Ended up grinding live cash games and went for a 3 week poker trip to spain and then back to coventry for the goliath poker festival. Made about £3500 net profit and got some sun. Would have been more if I stayed away from the hookers and blow xD. Got it all out of my system and am back to being an online poker monk.

It's quite amazing how bad everyone is at 6 card PLO. The good young NL pros who travel for games would come sit the 6 card PLO after the NL games dried up and they were massive whales. Hourly is close to double that of live NL games of the same stakes.

Going to be grinding online a lot again for a few months and trying for a bucharest package as my next trip away.

Been back 2 days and am about 15 BIs up so far which is a nice start.

❤️ 

• Like 6

Played some big online pots, managed to get into the €1000 hexapro jackpot for €1 by max tabling them when the timer got low. Sick value hunting!

Nearly

Ended up coming 2nd for €120 after i lose the above hand A4ss vs K5o. Rigged obv.

Had to go play live to return a £500 plaque someone gave me for safe keeping on a night out and they left coventry before I gave it back to them. Continued to run well in the live games so played them over the weekend.

Horrendous Saturday session that lasted 1 hour. Played bad and left early.

Hand 1:

Only reads on HJ are that he is way too lose and was winning @ 2/5 in coventry playing like a donk. Never played with him.

HJ raise CO call I 3b button w/ A6cc to 35, call, fold.

Flop Ah Th 2c

HJ check I bet 20 he insta jams for 250

I dunno what this timing means it basically feels like A2 or a flush draw. I end up calling and he has A2 and holds. Should just fold but the guy is extremely bad and super loose pre and don't need to take this spot without way more info.

Hand 2 vs same player:

I am in straddle , UTG1 limp MP raise to 20 (he just got stacked by UTG1) SB calls 20 I 3b to 90 with ATss folds to SB who takes 2 minutes to call and says "I just dont want you to win the 20" and calls.

Flop Kc Jc 4s

I bet 70 he snap calls

Turn 8d I jam for just under pot and he calls and holds with K6hh.

-800 in less than an hour. Well played sam.

session results

F*ck live poker 🙂

❤️ Sam

Edited by Samba
details details details
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Haven't updated in a long ass time, Volume went way down and was depressed af.

I won a couple of the UOS PLO events back in winter, the biggest being the £25 2 day main.

None of the low stakes matters though when you get fucked playing highstakes at the Vic.

Lost over 50% of my roll in 3 pots vs people who were all in blind pre. Blind

2 years of BR building to get wiped out by whales being whales. (and me being a degen sitting on big tables)

Went back to the lowstakes online grind and ran bad and lost all of my motivation.

Since my last update of August last year I am +1500 +150 in tickets.

Gonna try and turn it around.

Goals for month:
Get back to 100% accuracy on pairrd and hybrid poker

Crush everyone

Stop smoking blunts.

Don't play above .50/1

❤️

Sam

• Like 2