more MTT

Kliedz_Zivju

On 12/6/2021 at 2:47 PM, Estzen said:

I dont agree with that statement at all. Its just makes a game more skill dependant. If you think it suits tight players you are wrong, because with being a nit what it does it - you will loose a lot of value in spots where you should actually get it. It comes more down to the player knowledge base how much he has the ability to interpret the situations. Unibet is a unique place with recreational playerpools with good sturcture for the game flow where even they have the least of all varience. 

i belive the oposite. i think varying blinds and differing stack sizes increases the skill requirement in terms of ICM, The major factor in MTT all slow blinds does is allow tight players too wait for a premium holding and exploit the recreational who call down too light vs large sizing. im not sayin NO SLOW DEEP GAMES. im saying a nice variety too please all player types will keep the pool dynamic atm it just feels STAGNENT....not just having all games how you like them personaly. this UOS was so boring format wise. it was awful im not putting myself out to play it next time if it will be them same. (i think uni maybe trying too apeal too the live players which cant play live ATM)

and im not wrong? it deffinately suits tight players who can wait for premo holdings... you wont loose value from playing tight and aggresive vs call stations and weak players. you may miss a few spots but that will be over compinsated by bad calls vs your aggresion and that has nothing too do with the format of the MTT.

4 hours ago, Kliedz_Zivju said:

i belive the oposite. i think varying blinds and differing stack sizes increases the skill requirement in terms of ICM, The major factor in MTT all slow blinds does is allow tight players too wait for a premium holding and exploit the recreational who call down too light vs large sizing. im not sayin NO SLOW DEEP GAMES. im saying a nice variety too please all player types will keep the pool dynamic atm it just feels STAGNENT....not just having all games how you like them personaly. this UOS was so boring format wise. it was awful im not putting myself out to play it next time if it will be them same. (i think uni maybe trying too apeal too the live players which cant play live ATM)

and im not wrong? it deffinately suits tight players who can wait for premo holdings... you wont loose value from playing tight and aggresive vs call stations and weak players. you may miss a few spots but that will be over compinsated by bad calls vs your aggresion and that has nothing too do with the format of the MTT.

It may be the case here that you believe the opposite, but I think the reason you think so, is that our understanding of the game is in very diffrent levels. 

1. While slow blind levels do allow to "wait for hands more", it is not an optimal strategy to play the game. Some microstake winners can win because opponents are way too loose, but it actually just makes the game more skill dependant. 

2. Deeper stacks sizes favor people who have post-flop edge - in other words PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER PLAYERS. 

Unless UOS should be a banzai fest where champions are determined by 100 playerpool turbos where skill edges are much smaller. <- I think it just devalues sportsmanship by such way. 

3. "you wont loose value from playing tight" <- yes you do because you over commit to a strategy that is not optimally adjusted. I can tell you, there was a time I didnt listen cash game players much because I was MTT player. I am an MTT player, but after listening some very high profile cash players, I realised how bad many MTT players are, their understanding of post flop is just - really shallow. If you know good players - their not tight, even playng deep, it doesnt mean necessarily that you play "tight and wait for hands"- its rather something some micro regs say. A slogan, because they dont know any other way to win. They have no understanding of card interactions and combinatorics. All they know is , "if I play better cards in a pool with idiots - I will win." And since those other guys, have no brains to adjust. They win with sole being tight. But no it doesnt necessarily favour them - just the fact that POST-flop play starts to matter more , all losers lose more, not because their loose - but because their CrAZY and gamblers. 

Playng deeper is much harder, I have only some started to grasp, what it even means- it is very diffrent when some boards that are pretty mixxed are suddenly pure checks 100% etc. People suck deep. 

Unibet still has many hypers, some UOS were also pretty Turbo stuctured they werent all long levels. 

Everybody had their chance, and sometimes just varience factoring in wont let you win in a festival at all. Its just so small sample size to say much of at all. Sure, winning some major, "might" show some thing... but smaller field turbos for instance, show absolutely nothing someone with no knowledge can have his sunrun and win. I didnt make profit this UOS, even tho I had many bubbles, deep runs and 1 UOS title win and some nice cashes. I loved this UOS and the competitiveness of it. It just shows that I have so much more to study. Its not the fault of any structure, but rather knowledge base and varience. 

• Like 4

On 12/14/2021 at 8:20 PM, Estzen said:

It may be the case here that you believe the opposite, but I think the reason you think so, is that our understanding of the game is in very diffrent levels. 

cash is a completely different game too MTT poker i wouldnt mix the advice.... even the flat pay outs favor tight play.

microstake winners can win because opponents are way too loose, but it actually just makes the game more skill dependant.   < that is a load of waffle... i think you just over rate your "edge"

• Haha 1

@Estzen its irrelevent to my point anyway :S im happy too say mix it up abit all the deep, slow and flatt formats favor the tight players and the players with an "edge" i dont see all these turbos you mentioning :s nearly every game in the shedual has a big S? if you discount and satty or madness format. different levels 😄 ok

Will leave it with Leo, but just one minor correction. You keep talking about "flat payouts", when the old payout structure was more flat then the current. Yes, more players are paid, but top 3-5 are getting more with the current structure than the old. I'm not saying the current one is better - I'm personally in favor of mix between the old and new - but let's not twist the facts 🙂 

• Like 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Estzenim talking about bubbles and ladders, your talking about 100bb stacks and cash games.... one day i will know what? you dont even realise we not talking about the same thing.

advise from me: if you play MTT study heads up and ICM before you study 100bb. if you think 100bb is were the skill is found then play cash game.

Edited by Kliedz_Zivju
  • Haha 1

@Kliedz_Zivju 🤣 I have been playng full time for some years now, good that you know terms like ICM, Ive studied stuff at least 1 hour every single day, let alone full study days, you can do the math with some years and quit talking about what I should study, probably I dont know just the term side of things. 

Edited by Estzen
  • Like 1

@Estzeni understand what you are saying.

you think all the MTT format should be slow and deep becuase poker is a game of skill and the skilled player should win all the money. you want the format too advantage you, who already has an edge...

what im sugesting is this will lead too all the fun players not winning enough money too stick around and the games being boring.

im sugesting that the formats should favor the bad players SOMETIMES so the weak players stick around. and dont go play at another client were the games are more "fun"

i havnt said im a bad player and i want unibet too take the advantage from the skilled players.

we just think differently. i think money is gained from bad players, you think its from your skill edge.

im not even sugesting taking any MTT away, im sugesting "add more MTT".

i cant do the math of "some years" im afraid. i dont even know what stakes you play too judge your skill level. study doesnt make you special it keeps you ahead of the learning curve. everbody does it...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kliedz_Zivju said:

study doesnt make you special it keeps you ahead of the learning curve. everbody does it...

I can think of at least one player on this site that doesn't. 🤣

• Haha 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

4 hours ago, Kliedz_Zivju said:

@Estzeni understand what you are saying.

you think all the MTT format should be slow and deep becuase poker is a game of skill and the skilled player should win all the money. you want the format too advantage you, who already has an edge...

what im sugesting is this will lead too all the fun players not winning enough money too stick around and the games being boring.

im sugesting that the formats should favor the bad players SOMETIMES so the weak players stick around. and dont go play at another client were the games are more "fun"

i havnt said im a bad player and i want unibet too take the advantage from the skilled players.

we just think differently. i think money is gained from bad players, you think its from your skill edge.

im not even sugesting taking any MTT away, im sugesting "add more MTT".

i cant do the math of "some years" im afraid. i dont even know what stakes you play too judge your skill level. study doesnt make you special it keeps you ahead of the learning curve. everbody does it...

Thats not exactly my point. But to this, I think Unibet has done very well with diffrent types of tournaments, both shorter structures and deeper ones. Anyway, I guess theres no point to go on. "Keep waiting your hands" and "Gamble in shorter ones" And dont forget the ICM. GG. 

you dont even realise that im thinking about the bigger picture? you dont have a point? your just going on with yourself like you know better, when you show very little understanding of my point and only care about yourself... the point you are trying too make is realpy basic entry level theory.. im talking about a comletely different spot too you? and you dont even understand too make relevent comments :s
@Estzeng

• Haha 1

your happy thats fine. im worried... thats also fine, this is my blog were i moan all i want so im nit bothering stubbe all day. im happy for you too keep posting bringing my topic up but your waisting ya energy trying too show off your skill edge on me. ill see you at the tables :s my alias is moist_flops if we play the same stakes? i presume your a high stakes crusher from your superior levels and some years study.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Kliedz_Zivju and @Estzen  it's  been a pleasure to follow your thread. It's always ideas and thoughts on how a tournament best suites a unique player, some players want long tournaments with lots of chips to start of with, some players want short (1-3h) tournaments where the entire stack is in jeopardy from first hand is dealt. I understand those different personal preferences on how a player want their favorite tournament to be. What I try to do and focus on is there should be a tournament out there what ever your personal preference is. But of course we focus on some setups which are "standard", nut there should also be tournaments out there like R/A , freezeout. Not just re-entry.
When it comes to the payout percentage we're between 15-17%, the old payout structure was much steeper which isn't as good player experience, and too be honest, not best for us either. We want first prize to be good obviously and that some more than before are in the money. Think's for sharing your thoughts, and good luck at the tables.              

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1