IIHF World Champs Fantasy ( official )

Purps

Hi all

I put up a private league for community members to the official ice hockey world championships fantasy game. 🏒

It's a pretty easy one to play, as all you have to do is pick 6 players each day, without any restrictions ( other than you can only use one player 3 days during the group stage )

Player lists aren't yet up ( should be on this Friday, and that's also when the tournament begins ). You can join the league already and it's also a smart thing to do, as you can't join anymore after the first matches have started on Friday afternoon ( 15:15 CET )

Here's the invitation link: https://fantasy.iihf.com/leagues/join/2F6DNHKP

Please try to pick a recognizeable team name. Way more fun when we know who is who 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@MadAdo 

Could it have gone to junk mail? Mine came fine to my gmail inbox, and a few others have already also joined, so I assume no problem for them either.

Maybe you can try to register again and try to get it re-sent or something 😕

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steel_Hungary said:

I get the above message after open the link. @Purps

@Steel_Hungary You are already in the league. I also get that error if I click on it now, so it only works as an invitation for those who have not already joined 🙂

Use this one to get to your team page: https://fantasy.iihf.com/team

4 of us there now, so plenty of room for more players. Make sure to join before the first matches start at 15:15 CET today ( friday ) 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Purps said:

@MadAdo 

Could it have gone to junk mail? Mine came fine to my gmail inbox, and a few others have already also joined, so I assume no problem for them either.

Maybe you can try to register again and try to get it re-sent or something 😕

@Purps I got IN by 'hack' a little bit -> process "Forget password" option (for sure I don't forget it) to obtain verification code -> and I re-used it for log-in as well. Easy come, easy done 🤭

• Like 1

@MadAdo

Nice 😀

You still need to join the private league separately since it didn't happen automatically because of the "hack"

Click the "join league" and then inserting this code should do it: 2F6DNHKP

Hopefully the player rosters will be up shortly, as I have to leave to get my first vaccine shot soon after noon.

Damn few NHL players on this tournament. Doesn't make it any easier to pick the players for the first few days.

And remember guys that you can change your whole team every day to match the daily match schedule 🏒

Edited by Purps
  • Thanks 1

Now you can choose players, any idea of the deadline? Is there time to pick team when we have some knowledge of lineups?

Interface is quite bad, only filters to use is player positions 😞

@purps

If it is sputnik shot you are getting, don't be surprised if you subconsciouysly pick only russian players 🤪

5 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Now you can choose players, any idea of the deadline? Is there time to pick team when we have some knowledge of lineups?

@Livertool I don't see any players yet 😐

The way I understand the rules you can pick players until their match begins, and I suppose you can for example leave some slots open for the later matches when you pick players for the earlier ones. But I'm not sure of that, first time playing this.

8 minutes ago, Livertool said:

If it is sputnik shot you are getting, don't be surprised if you subconsciouysly pick only russian players 🤪

hehe, no sputnik nor AZ for me 💣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Interface is quite bad, only filters to use is player positions 😞

@Livertool

OK players showed up for me too 👍

Not the greatest interface, I agree. You can also sort by clicking on the column headers too. It should become more useful once there's some game data after a few matches....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Now all the players/teams from late matches has disappeared 🤔

Yeah, hopefully those will come back soon enough. 🙏

btw, you do have to pick all 6 players before the 1st matches of the day ( can't save a non full squad ), but you should be able to change your picks on the late matches before the matches have started ,after seeing the line-ups.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Now all the players/teams from late matches has disappeared 🤔

Those are all back again. Already picked a very German team, which may not be a bad thing today, so I think I'll leave it to that. Just gotta hope I picked the correct Teutons 💪

I'm glad they only have the players playing on the exact day available on the list. Would be quite a mess if all teams and players were available every day 😄

Last Call Hockey (@LastCallHockey) | Twitter

Last call with just short of 3 hours left for you to join the fun 🏒

I will now have to leave to get my covid shot and probably won't make it back home before the first games start, so hopefully no one won't have any problems or questions that I could have assisted with.

Don't forget to make a captain pick for double points. I almost did that since there's no separate reminder for that.

@Jami-Unibet @Stubbe-Unibet and other overlords are also obviously more than welcome to join us if you have any interest and a few minutes to spare 🙂

Good luck everyone!!!! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First set of matches done and Canada being shut out by Latvia was the story of day 1 🤯

Against what I thought, "Slovak Legends" managed to join the league after there were already matches played, so maybe it is still possible in case we have someone that wants to hop along at this stage 🙂👍

day1rank.thumb.png.ed55953c958afa8dcbddadb8a49d61c9.png

I have no idea who "Slovak legends" is though 🙁, and how about "TupuHupuLupu" ? Is that you @Rushbie?

Soon we go again ( 11:15 CET, picks can be made later too ) 😀

Edited by Purps
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Any idea what is that "usage"? You can only pick same player three times????

Yeah. A player gets locked when you have picked him 3 times and you can't pick him no more during the group stage. All players will be unlocked again when the knockout stage begins and then there aren't any limitations anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Just realized that you can change captain too if you have players left in later matches. My Slovak captain didn't do so good with -4 points but managed to reduce it two -2 points with changing captain 😄

Cheers, hadn't noticed that. So I suppose it would be GTO to have at least one player from all starting times... 👍

Hmmm... not sure if it works though since after changing the captain and refreshing the page the captain selection is back to the original one. We shall see if it stays or not after the next matches 😐

My overall rank was 25th after 2 days into the tournament, but today will be disastrous as I only have my goalie left to play ( went heavy with Slovaks and wrong Norwegian players ), and daily score for now is only 5 or 2 depending on if the captain change is successfull or not 😭

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1