Cuteraven poker stuff

CuteRaven

4 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

I don't think it's safe to say it's -EV at all tbh. If villain is over-limping with bad hands then you're going to be fine jamming wide because you're going to get folds a lot more than the times they call. There is also the ICM pressure of having them covered, they have to call tighter if they're aware of it.

image.png.58557f642deca0d8882a3695583d7b9e.png

I was referring to this, where call is completing in the SB after BTN folds, not calling a BB shove after completing.

In your last sims you have SB locked at completing with 76% of their range? Is this based on the idea that the player will complete their entire range and never jam? That doesn't seem realistic to me as I'd imagine population shoves pairs, Ax and broadway combos at some frequency from the SB and these combos would be removed from the completing range. 

image.thumb.png.3c01c1d9e622e109bd36c0084470a592.png

If we use this as an example of a player that basically just shoves their good hands and completes with speculative hands (with a small % trap with monsters), the BB response is to jam everything because with the exception of the small % time there is a monster under the bed, the SB can't call the hands in green on the bubble because hero now has all the purple hands in their range and dominate it.

You're also locking the SBs response to the jam but that's based on the massive limp range to start and that they're going to call it off with a big % of that range as well, both of which seems strange. If a player is going to limp/call a jam, would they not just jam in the first place? (with the exception of slow played monsters x% of the time).

Again, I've not played €1 SNGs in a long time and can't calculate the Unibet effect of the quality of the player pool but limp/jamming J6s or T7o doesn't sound like population on the bubble.

I fast read this just while Im doing other stuff so cant really make a big notion here atm. 

AT $1s people are very unware of ICM. They dont take anything much into account. Like I said, SB in most of peoples minds is "a big blind which is a bit diffrent"... Seeing Ax jams, not really. In you think much more what people do in 5 dollar MTTs, but they dont. People call-off wide enought that the marginal spots are not to be taken in my opinion. And they call off, without properly thinking what their doing they just react and do. 

Just a train of though here: People have no idea what their doing in 5s at MTTs and we are talking about $1 SNGs where suddenly people know what their doing 😄 ... even in 10s MTTs people just click buttons, if we suddenly think their taking all this decision making into account I dont know where were are living xD anyway, GG I think cuteraven was able to learn alot from our bantering.

53 minutes ago, Estzen said:

GG I think cuteraven was able to learn alot from our bantering.

If there's one thing I've learned from these hundreds of posts on one particular hand in one particular spot is that poker is extremely complicated. No wonder I'm so bad at it. 🤣

I wouldn't have shoved by the way. My shoving range in that situation is AA+ 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Haha 4

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

54 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

If there's one thing I've learned from these hundreds of posts on one particular hand in one particular spot is that poker is extremely complicated. No wonder I'm so bad at it. 🤣

I wouldn't have shoved by the way. My shoving range in that situation is AA+ 🤣🤣🤣

You can always get better, remember that 😉 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

f there's one thing I've learned from these hundreds of posts on one particular hand in one particular spot is that poker is extremely complicated.

I think you are old school like me, we just swallow hands that odds are against us and cry ourselves to sleep 🙃

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, WuDu said:

Going AI with J3o in this situation is totally stupid, I might even call this move Brocky-esque. If you have to, maybe with J8o, J9o or JTo.....In addition to that, there's always the chance at lower levels that you get a fun player who says: "I already spent 0,5 BB here with T8s, I cannot let go now." 😆

At the competition earlier today:

image.png.8266d8f8b18a84854884fef169ddf49e.png

image.png.11651c28c6b58e32363072d98b10698f.png

image.png.904408d867ab0d1c67923ad38970dd53.png

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Yesterday in my last 10 $ SNG at the competition:

Heads-up.

I'm in the BB. I have 10 BB left, SB has 15 BB.

SB limps. I go All-In with AJs.

SB calls. So we have a Limp/Call for round about 10 BB from the SB here again.

SB hits the flop and wins the SNG.

He had

Spoiler

:5h::2s:

People are not robots and some people want to have fun and gamble or have to close games early due to having to go on a cigarette break (Yes, someone posted that in the chat while I was playing after I wished him gl for the HU.)

mothers day smoking GIF

• Haha 3
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

3 hours ago, WuDu said:

Yesterday in my last 10 $ SNG at the competition:

Heads-up.

I'm in the BB. I have 10 BB left, SB has 15 BB.

SB limps. I go All-In with AJs.

SB calls. So we have a Limp/Call for round about 10 BB from the SB here again.

SB hits the flop and wins the SNG.

He had

Hide contents

:5h::2s:

People are not robots and some people want to have fun and gamble or have to close games early due to having to go on a cigarette break (Yes, someone posted that in the chat while I was playing after I wished him gl for the HU.)

mothers day smoking GIF

You are totally right 😉 ; the amount of rec stuff can be seen is enorumous..

4 minutes ago, Estzen said:

You are totally right 😉 ; the amount of rec stuff can be seen is enorumous..

That we can agree on. 

Which then leads to the next question: How good are these solvers and programs if you have to make assumptions that have nothing to do with reality? That's where poker playing skills come into play.

If @Andy-Unibet played against me like he suggested here, I'd take a quick note "Limp-Trigger AI" and exploit that later on or a few days later...

Lets Go Reaction GIF by WWE 

17 minutes ago, WuDu said:

That we can agree on. 

Which then leads to the next question: How good are these solvers and programs if you have to make assumptions that have nothing to do with reality? That's where poker playing skills come into play.

If @Andy-Unibet played against me like he suggested here, I'd take a quick note "Limp-Trigger AI" and exploit that later on or a few days later...

Poker is a game of assumptions. If people dont have a brain and they use a solver, they get nothing out of it cuz they dont understand the theory enough. But People who do have a brain and know and understand what their using, will get better a lot. I think peoples lack of understanding is what confuses the mix a lot. If AI would be so bad then Pleriubus wouldnt go and beat everyone. Its rather that most people who are somewhere with very basic knowledge, do not understand how to apply things. 

10 hours ago, WuDu said:

That we can agree on. 

The solvers are fine as long as you know they're giving an output based on everyone playing perfectly. Once you know what that strategy is you adjust it to suit your opponent or the field. They just help you make a better educated guess for the most part. 

You can't exploit the solver output, that's the point. What adjustment would you make that would mean you win more often?

I'm not going to be jamming J3o in game for what it's worth because I didn't know it was a jam at equilibrium until I ran the sim and even if I had known, I'd be adjusting for the player based on how they'd played in earlier hands and my assumption population in €1 SNGs are calling too light too often.

• Like 2

Poker Janitor

Fun how much discussion one hand generated! Just goes to show how complicated poker is, which is a good thing for the game. Solvers are a useful tool, but they won't help you in game (unless you are cheating). Speaking of cheating, it is a worrying and seemingly growing problem in poker from what I can tell. The risk/reward seems to be pretty good for people without moral concerns. There also isn't much players can do but report suspicious players and trust the poker sites, since most poker sites are kind of black boxes to a greater or lesser. Well, I expect the problem to just get worse in the medium term, but on the other hand I do hope for the best. Online chess is still very much alive, despite strong chess engines (or chess bots, to use poker lingo) having been available for the last 20 years or so (though online chess mostly isn't played for money). 

Anyway, I played some SNGs (of both types, and of the 1€, 2€ and 4€ stakes) and 1€ Hexapros in the last few days. I ran really badly in the Hexapros (lost about 15€ in maybe 15 minutes to 30 minutes) and the 4€ HU SNGs (lost about 25€ in an hour at those stakes), so my bankroll fell to 21,70€. I realize I'm not really bankrolled for the 4€ SNGs and 1€ Hexapros, but the fate of having to redeposit doesn't sound that bad given the amounts of money involved. I'm mostly pretty happy with how I played, though I need to brush up on some of the push fold ranges (and having a loss always motivates me to have study sessions, which is a nice silver lining for all the losing sessions that I have). Hopefully I will eventually get a win-rate higher than the inflation rate 😅.

I had a pretty relaxing Juhannus (midsummer), managed to stay away from the alcohol, so I slept pretty well and didn't get hungover :D. The summer weather is melting me and my brain though 🔥, I might set up camp in a hammock in the forest to escape the apartment (here in Finland they are designed to keep heat in, and not the other way round), and air-conditioned libraries have suddenly become much more attractive.

• Like 1

Since the last update, I pretty much busted my original bankroll ( I was taking shots at 10 € HU because I was getting tired of having such a small bankroll). I then reloaded for 40€, and lost about 20€ mostly at the 1€ Hexapros (because no other SNG game modes were properly running and I got tempted). Maybe I'm truly becoming a proper fish 😆 (or maybe I always have been 🤔).

I have been a bit surprised at how low the volume is on Unibet compared to 2020, I guess the corona poker boom is mostly over and people are enjoying the summer weather. It makes sense, but the contrast is bigger than I expected.

Well the good news is that after that I was able to get my bankroll "back" to 32.27€ by grinding the 1€ and 2€ SNGs (both HU and 5 handed). I enjoyed playing especially the 5 handed games, it's kind of relaxing only playing 4 tables of those (since in the browser version you are capped to 4 tables only). The other bit of good news is that I feel like I'm relearning quickly, or at least making steady progress with my level of play. I took a look at some preflop ranges today (I had somewhat forgotten about how trigger happy you should be with the all-in button in HU SNG). I'm also slowly getting rid of my dumbest bluffs and "blowups".

I also made the decision that I won't be playing more Hexapro at least until I'm properly rolled (100+ buyins or so), no more getting tempted by it 😄

This was the most memorable hand of the session, and the one I was least happy about:

I min-raise the button with ATo, a very tight player calls in small blind. Flop is T32 rainbow. I cbet about 1/3 pot, villain raises small. My immediate thought is that this particular villain has 22 or 33 here 90% of the time, since they don't seem to bluff ever. I call the flop raise.

1567662704_ATbadcallflop.thumb.png.ae661f3ee10413883cff9e45711cf9bf.png

Turn comes 5s, which is basically a brick unless villain was bluffing the flop with A4 suited (which I block and don't think it's something this villain would do anyway). Villain bets turn about 2/3 pot, and I call once again. In hindsight, at this point I think maybe I should just fold. Unless villain overvalues something like KTs or AT of hearts, or decided to start bluffing suddenly (both seem unlikely to me), I'm basically always beat here.

River comes 8c, about the brickiest brick possible. Villain jams for slightly over pot and I call like an idiot. Villain shows me 33.

1889332250_ATbadcalldownriver.thumb.png.6df721d37972ce81b10ad68160f66564.png

I feel like I usually regret not trusting my reads more than I ever regret trusting them. I think I should just more bravely follow my reads even if it means bigger deviations from GTO (especially at these stakes).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CuteRaven said:

This was the most memorable hand of the session, and the one I was least happy about:

I min-raise the button with ATo, a very tight player calls in small blind. Flop is T32 rainbow. I cbet about 1/3 pot, villain raises small. My immediate thought is that this particular villain has 22 or 33 here 90% of the time, since they don't seem to bluff ever. I call the flop raise

The villain must have checked first, you cbet, villain raises. A x/c would not be all that significant, a x/r rings a big bell. A very tight player likes his hand. 

Turn comes 5s, which is basically a brick unless villain was bluffing the flop with A4 suited (which I block and don't think it's something this villain would do anyway). Villain bets turn about 2/3 pot, and I call once again. In hindsight, at this point I think maybe I should just fold.

A very tight player  has x/r the flop and donked the turn. I'm out of there. And yes, I have TP/TK, but is that really good here? 

I feel like I usually regret not trusting my reads more than I ever regret trusting them. I think I should just more bravely follow my reads even if it means bigger deviations from GTO (especially at these stakes).

I'm sure you know the answer to this, you've already more or less said so, but is anyone at the micro stakes really trying to play GTO. The whole point of it is that it can only be useful against others playing the same way. I've stressed the player type  throughout because for the last few weeks I've had it drummed into me over and over and over how important that is. 

Nice reading.✔️

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

8 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

The villain must have checked first, you cbet, villain raises. 

I have to agree, a C/R by a passive player? I think you should have either went AI on the flop right away or simply let go. Calling down is the worst choice.

Your hand is likely not getting much better, so you're either ahead or hopelessly behind on the flop. If you think your opponent holds something like KTs, QTs, JTs, T9s or 99, 88, 77 here, you have an incentive to push as there are a lot of cards you don't want to see on the turn/river and obviously your opponent is interested in the pot as well.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 1:14 PM, GR1ZZL3R said:

I'm sure you know the answer to this, you've already more or less said so, but is anyone at the micro stakes really trying to play GTO. The whole point of it is that it can only be useful against others playing the same way.

Well a true GTO strategy is unbeatable by any other strategy, but not the most profitable strategy against real life players (who never play true GTO even at the highest stakes). But in my opinion there is actually a lot to learn from GTO. Some of the plays that are GTO are pretty cool, and I sometimes watch some videos where "Deepstack AI" or "Pluribus AI"  (some bots created by universities that are meant to be close to GTO) are playing against human opponents to get ideas for things to add to my own game. Also things like opening ranges are part of "GTO" even though most people don't think of it that way.

But yeah I'm maybe nitpicking here, generally I agree with you. I never really know what people mean when they say "GTO" since different people seem to mean different things. Some people use "playing GTO" to mean never deviating from a strong base strategy, others mean having a strong base "GTO" strategy but being willing to deviate from it.

On 6/30/2022 at 9:29 PM, WuDu said:

I think you should have either went AI on the flop right away or simply let go. Calling down is the worst choice.

Going all in would have been interesting (against a different sort of player). I think going all in is the best against someone who valuebets and calls down the raise very thin (with something like 88 or KJ). But against someone overly bluffy, who would fold their bluffs against a flop allin, I think calling down is the best option. Sure they will get there sometimes, but a lot of the time they will miss and you will win a massive pot. When you go all-in and fold out their bluffs you don't win that much.

But maybe you are right about letting flop go, it was just a really small raise but maybe still 🤔. But at least turn I should've folded.

I haven't played on many of the days after the last post, since there's all kinds of nice summer activities to enjoy 🏊‍♂️🍺. The days that I have played have been a rollercoaster for my bankroll. My bankroll is 25.94 €, but at it's lowest point it was at about 3€ after some runbad (and a bit of playbad too). I was able to regain some after running a lot better at the 1€ SNGs (5 mans). Probably most of you won't agree looking at my results, but I think my game is starting to pretty good compared to the first days and I'm pretty happy with how I played (with some exceptions).

BTW, J3o is a lucky hand for me suddenly 😂? Here is a hand I won after shoving preflop BvB (button open folded) as the big stack on the bubble of a 1€ 5 player SNG. Villain was a mass multi-tabling reg (yes those exist even at these stackes), so I assumed they would have some idea about ICM (I wouldn't make this jam against other sorts of players at these stakes).

I'm not sure how good my shove (or villains call) was this time theoretically 😛

263578768_J3allinlucky.thumb.png.e406d0180cbeb5695d14f1a2e49fd5c8.png

Edited by CuteRaven
  • Like 1

Bankroll is now 75.49€. I've been running quite well. I think most of the winnings are from 2€ and 4€ HU SNG, but I also won a little bit in 4 € Omaha and Texas holdem cash games (while nothing else than cash was running earlier today) and some 5 man SNGs.

HU still seems to be the most fun game for me. Omaha was also surprisingly fun though I don't really know what I'm doing whenever I play it :D. Maybe if Unibet adds no limit Omaha SNGs I would play Omaha more often 😅

I'm not going to play much for the next few days because of work.

Edited by CuteRaven
  • Like 4

Came home at around 1 am from work and played HU SNG for a few hours, first the 4€ and then the 10€. Pretty happy with how I played, and even happier with how I ran 🤩. BR is 162.81 € now.

I know the shot taking is a bit risky but the BR is still pretty small so I don't really mind losing some bigger share of it (also I probably have some degen gambler genes in me). But karma will probably give me a downswing soon.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2022 at 4:58 PM, Rushbie said:

Sometimes success cannot even keep up with smart peoples potetential. 

GL 🙂

Thanks! Unfortunately variance wasn't on my side today.

I played some 10€ HU SnG earlier today, and I was running really badly, I was losing most of the all ins and my opponents were making all the bigger hands. But I made some mistakes too, I was tilting a bit towards the end and I made some bad call-downs (but wow, some players never seem to bluff! I should just be better at folding everything 😂). I also played 4 tables at one point, which is a bit too much (3 is still fine, maybe 2 if the opponents are really tough). In the end my bankroll fell all the way down to about 24€. I should've also stopped playing the 10€ level a bit sooner.

I think it's a good lesson for me to be more careful with tilt and know to stop playing sooner.

Later today I played a bunch of the 4€ 5 player SNGs and was able to recover my BR to 70.84€.

Here is an interesting hand in a 5 player SNG. I didn't really have reads on villain at the point of the hand.

Preflop: The SNG has 4 players left with pretty even stacks. Action folded to me and I limped into the pot with 54s in the small blind, and villain checked.

Flop: I flop the nuts and bet half pot, villain calls. I should have more Ax than villain, because villain would probably re-raise a lot of the better Ax preflop. Villain can probably still have A3 and A2 as well as some 2x and 3x, but also many hands that want to fold.

Turn: On the turn the A pairs. A2 and A3 would be full houses now, beating my straight, but I can still get value from flush draws and other Ax as well as probably some of the 2x and 3x. I bet full pot and villain calls.

River: River comes the J of hearts, completing the flush draw. I'm beaten by a lot of hands now. There are a bunch of flushes, as well as A2 and A3. Probably 2x and 3x are unlikely to call if I jam the river. Of the worse hands, I think usually only the Ax that didn't re-raise preflop are calling me on the river. I think villain can have 30-40 combos of flushes as well as 8-12 combos of A2 and A3, compared to maybe 30-50 combos of Ax that I still beat (this is a rough estimate and could be way off if villain re-raises hands on some street).

Anyway, I go all in and get called by 8h6h for the flush. I wonder if I should check the river (and probably check call because villain could bet worse Ax maybe)? For this hand the result would be the same 😂, but I could profit if villain bluffs into me, and avoid overplaying a hand that's pretty mediocre by the river?

180320257_Riverjam54s.thumb.png.07c5c79111e865e33c0b80cd12819ee0.png1235455101_54riverjamresult.thumb.png.806f5b78fa2b90eac0328cab440ca535.png

Edited by CuteRaven
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bankroll is now 143.35€

After the last update I decided that I would try to complete the July mission. It's complete now but it took quite a bit of effort. 😅 That involved playing all kinds of different types of poker games. I probably lost 50€ or more playing tournaments (not cashing the 5€ rebuy or addon tournaments if you rebuy/addon really adds up fast), so I'm not sure how worth it it was 😂 (involved some bad runs but also some big punts on my part).

Cash games went well on the other hand, especially PLO. I feel like I'm sort of figuring out how to play PLO, but I still don't know what I'm doing half the time. Still, it feels like I'm already better than most of the 4€ PL pool. Feels like most players are wayyy underbluffing and overfolding (apart from the whales). So something like 80-90% of my bluffs go through and mostly I can safely fold to lots of aggression because I know that they usually have it.

I also rolled a 100x 1€ buy-in Hexa, it really caught me off-guard, wasn't expecting it to happen 😀. Unfortunately I busted in third 🥲. Congrats to _ALOHA_ for winning it.

1051821801_100xhexa.thumb.png.9bd5f6073b1261d1d3a0f4f472874349.png

Playing cash always involves a bunch of fun hands, here's my favorite:

MP raises and I 3-bet in the cutoff. Button and SB cold call and MP calls:

464816526_JJhilariouspreflop.thumb.png.ebc4feba18ebd451843962e316ed5470.png

708388502_JJhilariousflop.thumb.png.ce0030d58808f636be57dfe1488aa4bf.png

Nice flop for me, but you would think this is not really and action flop right? Wrong! SB, first to act just jams it in and everyone else also goes all-in. Guess which hand wins it?

Spoiler

1544809587_JJhilariousshowdown.thumb.png.ab9e3805fd0b5d158553c66a6339f4d2.png

PLO has generally also gone well, these are the sorts of stacks you can often expect to have in a 4€ PLO session (with the help of a bit of run-good of course 😉😞

1313301223_goodomahasession.thumb.png.db673618ee85bfa2b1805c420538ea64.png

Overall after playing a bit of everything, PLO and also bounty tournaments surprised me with how much I enjoyed playing them. I said earlier that I hate tournaments, and that's still true for the non-bounty ones, but the bounty tourneys actually have something to do in the early stages for a tournament fish like me (like desperately chasing bounties with crappy hands), so I kinda like them 😄.

I also recently unlocked L4 of the loyalty system, this is what the "school" section of gamelab says about my texas holdem cash game play:

Call preflop: 7%

Raise preflop: 24%

cbet flop: 58%

reraise: 12%

fold to reraise: 38%

position meter: BTN 35 > CO 26 > MP 28 > UTG 25

showdown when flop seen: 33%

Maybe I should fold a bit more overall 😄

Edited by CuteRaven
  • Like 5

Bankroll is 308.40€. Played a really long session. Wasn't planning to, but the Deepstack legend was going so well that I ended up playing for about 8 hours. Would've won it too if it wasn't for two players running a chipdumping scheme 🥲 (or so it seemed to me). Oh well, a good profit anyway, was running pretty hot!

Maybe I'll post some of the interesting hands later when I have more energy.

1428657464_deepstacklegend2.thumb.png.0eb619d6861ca1b6835f6f1bd716768a.png

• Like 2

Here are some of the hands played in Deepstack legend as promised. I think being so deepstacked creates some really fun and unique hands. I didn't include a lot of the notable hands here.

For example there was a 171.50€ preflop all in (1715 big blinds) where I had TT on the button, went all in against a huge 3bet from the small blind by a whale (had a 879 BB preflop allin earlier that I lost vs this player where they had J7o), and the whale called with AJo, was hard to watch the runout of that one but luckily I won it 😂

Anyway, here's one of the first hands that happened, heads up vs unknown:

Villain opens and I 3bet in the big blind with K7s, villain calls. I cbet about 1/3 pot on the flop, villain calls.1814624544_K7flop.thumb.png.9d8583b92c035dbc9d1a8beba3bbd34a.png

Turn I check call a 3/4 pot bet. River I check and...wtf am I supposed to do here? Maybe villain has Q7 or 22? Would you call?1818338694_K7river.thumb.png.d330ce44fc506e635450ddb6e1242973.png

Spoiler

I'm a station so I call and turns out villain was crazy19994574_K7showdown.thumb.png.dc4e7e601762224fa2d16576816ea7b6.png

The player left soon after that hand, the table closed and I started later on a table with 100 BB again. Here's another big hand later vs unknowns:

I open the cutoff with 77, SB and BB both call. SB leads out half pot, BB calls, I raise, SB 3bets, BB folds and I call.

2139900379_77flop.thumb.png.e672ce9f101a20f90de8e79d3d55b4b7.png

SB bets 3/4 pot on the turn and I call. What should I do on this river? All of the draws missed but T9 is still the nuts, so basically nothing changed.

755107190_77river.thumb.png.8a1801df4322f5d6644b0d8b6b893eb3.png

Spoiler

I'm a station so I called. I guess lead-3betting the flop 3way and then taking this line really smells like T9, and I have no relevant blockers to it. Probably in retrospect I should find the fold here, or maybe I'm being results oriented? Would players do this with 66 though? Probably not?

1189019295_77showdown.thumb.png.60bb17fe7a701fafe321912c77df846b.png

Here is another hand later on (vs one of the eventual chipdumpsters).

Button opens, SB calls, I 3bet with 88 in the big blind, both players call. I get the dream flop 🤩. SB leads the flop for a tiny bet, I raise, button folds and SB calls.

110130300_88flop.thumb.png.8b6cb0f9ffeab66bf9397f617c5c75f4.png

I bet 3/4 pot on the turn and pot size on the river. SB just calls me down super loose. I had been bluffing a lot and for some pretty big pots but still pretty brave call 😂

1265018887_88showdown.thumb.png.1e925593e25cab214dc0a093961a2558.png

This next hand was against a villain that seemed somewhat tight (they weren't really bluffing much at all). Villain was also making big allins every now and then both preflop and postflop (with what sort of range, I'm not sure).

Villain opens in the cutoff, I call the big blind with 59s. The flop is nice! I check raise against villains 3/4 pot cbet, and villain just shoves for 500 BB, should I call? Villain could have 22 at least, maybe 55 or 99 that beats me, and probably not many bluffs.

1218102323_95flop.thumb.png.da696b72ff60408562a2a2c41e9acb93.png

Spoiler

I'm a station so I call, looks like I got it in good but can't win em all.

791342925_95showdown.thumb.png.679e5a9204d13bff67d7e111b8ac7213.png

Ok final hand. This was late in the night HU, I think the deep stacks really came into play in this hand.

I open J8s and villain calls. Another dream flop, running hot 🔥. Villain leads the flop for half pot and I raise, villain calls.1237825578_J8flop.thumb.png.f0c00b93977924bd1197957b1365ca9a.png

Turn is 6h, bringing four to a straight (and a flush draw for me lol). On the turn I bet 1€ into a pot of 2.50€, villain calls. River is 3c and villain checks, how much should I bet?

Spoiler

I bet about 3x pot, but honestly I was quite unhappy with my betsize after the hand. I think an 8 is calling a much bigger river bet, maybe even all in. Anyway, villain calls with K8o.

1753581913_J8river.thumb.png.31aed244a192d09104fd798978e7c9d0.png

Edited by CuteRaven

I played the Deepstack legend today once again. Once again I almost won it. Once again there was also a weird hand towards the end that robbed me of the victory 🥲.

This time I don't think there was foul play involved, well I guess you never know...but anyway some massive whale joined the table literally 5 minutes before the end of the promotion and donated about 1400 or so big blinds to one of the players in the span of two completely ridiculous hands. I mean WTF seriously 😂. Well it happens I guess. 😂

Well, at least I made some money from the promotion. BR is now 454.65€, and the profit is mostly from DSL. Probably I will also get a 100€ cash ticket from last week once @Andy-Unibet has time to sort it out.

I haven't played much other than that. Have been really busy with work and other stuff (and quite tired as a result). TBH I was quite tired today so probably I shouldn't have even played, but DSL is pretty fun and good value.

• Like 1

My BR is 244.68€. Long story short I managed to lose a bunch in PLO 10€ mostly (as well as some 5€ Hexapro). I think I was running pretty bad, but also I'm probably a much bigger fish at Omaha than I even realize!

Losing so much at Omaha made me tempted to play more PLO and try to learn the game properly. I'm considering starting some sort of 4€ stakes PLO bankroll challenge at some point (especially when there is so little PLO content on Unibet community).

I would've actually lost more but I had a deep run in one of the Bubble busters on Tuesday. I was chip leading at one point with 6 players left, but I managed to lose 3 hands in a row where I was flipping or got it in good (there was also one all in where I got it in good but we chopped when the board came out as a straight). In the end I busted in 6th place and cashed for 52.21€ (last hand I jammed AK for about 10 bigs and got called by 55).

I think my all-ins were also justified ICM-wise, but this one I was a bit unsure off. I had a read that villain was jamming pretty light:

321639926_AJtoughdecision.thumb.png.40744c4718f951102bafa3c5a5da7006.png

Well, I ended up calling it off and lost to KTo when villain rivered a T.

I calculated that I need to be winning about 53.7% of the time to call here considering ICM. In reality, if KTo is bottom of villains range here, AJs is winning about 53.5% of the time. So the call is probably about breakeven, but since ICM doesn't factor in the strategic value of having a big stack or the risk of blinding out when you just fold every hand, ICM is usually a slight underestimation anyway.

As for how life is going, I feel like I'm really busy right now. I'm moving cities soon and changing universities, so there's a lot going on with that. Alongside that I'm working on many days and sometimes playing poker, and trying to find time to see people or just relax. It's starting to feel like quite a lot, so I'll probably not play much at all for a few weeks, or maybe just take a break from poker completely.

BTW, funny story: I had a day off from work and I was feeling really tired that day from all the work and sleep deprivation. I went to buy a coffee in the local corner store (R-kioski). Some days later I went to the same corner store and bought a coffee again. The cashier asked "were you the person who left their coffee on the counter last time you were here?". I told her "no, I don't think so", because I don't remember forgetting my coffee. But it got me thinking afterwards. I remember buying the coffee, and going for a walk afterwards, and I would assume that I was drinking the coffee while I walked, I even have some faint (fake?) memories of it, but what if....do I trust my memory more or the cashier...? Maybe I'll go there again and ask her how sure she is that it was me 😅.

But if that really happened then it might be one of the dumbest things I've ever done because of being tired. Keep in mind the coffee was the ONLY thing I was buying from the corner store 😂. Even the possibility of that having happened is a good wake up call to take better care of my sleep/energy levels, it made me a little bit worried TBH. I have a tendency to be forgetful when I'm lost in my thoughts, but I mean cmon...😂

• Like 3