VAR ZONE

Livertool

Anybody watching BVB-Sevilla? This VAR clown deserves some tarring and feathering!Ā šŸ˜ 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
53 minutes ago, psrquack said:

Let me introduce var 3.0- the referees.

And when that fails, it is time for 4.0 aka ultimate solution that removes all the stupid human elements from game. All championships are settled virtually using rng so we get perfect results all the time...

985bf4fea1ac21cae8f91491448ff930.gif.6d67707949dfa94ba6f7e95fbb1c73a5.gif

fifa-fifa-meme.gif.be849fc1e80f7f970669252cbad8951e.gif

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Livertool said:

And when that fails, it is time for 4.0 aka ultimate solution that removes all the stupid human elements from game. All championships are settled virtually using rng so we get perfect results all the time...

985bf4fea1ac21cae8f91491448ff930.gif.6d67707949dfa94ba6f7e95fbb1c73a5.gif

fifa-fifa-meme.gif.be849fc1e80f7f970669252cbad8951e.gif

What the heck did I see? Lol and lol again. Glad they will finish producing the game under name FIFA.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ā  Ā  It actually comes down to human error of the officials using the equipment. Now instead of officials on the field making mistakes it has been transferred to officials off the field making them, and taking longer to do so. Sadly as long as humans are at work mistakes will be made. šŸ˜ŖĀ Not that I'm saying if it was all run by machines or robots or AI it would be perfect!Ā šŸ¤Ø

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%." Ā  Ā Ā image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

Science approves VAR. VAR is perfection. #nomorewrongcallsĀ šŸ¤®

Don't listen so much to the opinion of stubbid Unibet employees.Ā :classic_biggrin:

My favourite VAR moment from the German cup last week:

Bochum-BVB, handball against Bynoe-Gittens and penalty for Bochum. Ref goes to the monitor to check the situation.Ā 

1. Ahead of the handball, JBG gets pushed in the back.
  2. Gets shot at from 2 meters away and turns his body, arm is close to the body as well.
  3. Contact itself might even be outside the box.

image.thumb.png.75fe42e85a8b7bd7a62f83b795f4e087.png

image.thumb.png.70d18637a8ce2dc5efbf4a7b4a38473d.png

Ref looks at it for 5 minutes. Penalty.

not safe for work no GIF

• Confused 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

18 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Now instead of officials on the field making mistakes it has been transferred to officials off the field making them, and taking longer to do so

Summa summarum, we have gotten nowhere and use more time to do it.Ā 

Besides wrong calls on the fly are way easier to understand than retard reviewing with video.

10 hours ago, Livertool said:

Summa summarum, we have gotten nowhere and use more time to do it.Ā 

Besides wrong calls on the fly are way easier to understand than retard reviewing with video.

I think the issue here is that the standard operating procedures for the VARs are totally stupid and up to personal interpretation. Sometimes they see something and say: "Foul/Handball" and overturn. Sometimes, they see something and don't overturn because it's not "enough" to change the ref's decision. Sometimes the VAR is taking a smoke break and doesn't challenge at all.

I'm not a fan of copying US sports, however a challenge system might be the best here. Goals, penalties and red cards get challenged automatically, anything else needs to be initiated by the respective coach within 30 seconds or so. 1 challenge per game and if the coach was right, he gets another one.

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

I'm not a fan of copying US sports, however a challenge system might be the best here. Goals, penalties and red cards get challenged automatically, anything else needs to be initiated by the respective coach within 30 seconds or so. 1 challenge per game and if the coach was right, he gets another one.

Might be slightly better, depending on match and how trigger happy refs are but overall it still comes to this on close calls

12 hours ago, WuDu said:

up to personal interpretation.

Ā 

This happened soem weeks ago in the local championship. Commentators in the studio said you can't kick the ball without hit your scond leg. VAR checked this and said there is no undisputed proof for the double touch, decision was goal on the field, so decision stands. From 1:44

Ā 

• Confused 1

• 6 months later...

Has the rules changed again and keeper don't have to be on top of line when shot is taken?

Ā 

Or maybe ref and VAR refs are so retarded that didn't even think of it. It would make sense since they had take minutes to solve clear penalty in the first place. This world where everyone can be what ever they want is so sweet, ain't it. But luckily VAR is here to save retards from wrong calls, well not this one but sometimesĀ šŸ¤­