Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NMPfan Rank 19
Rank 19

IMO his suggestion for a stake restriction should be implemented as well as a loss limit. The loss limit doesn't stop someone from tilting off their money, just tilting off below a certain amount, and then when they are restricted from playing at all they'll just deposit on a site that cares less about protecting the players. Obviously a loss limit is a good option to have as well. A stake restriction if it were implemented needs to exclude any form of tickets from the exclusion like if you play satties to higher tournaments and win tickets for them or have a cash game ticket that would expire otherwise, but with no possibility to reload from outside the ticket on that table (or freeze the expiration date of the cash ticket) 

Reply
Unibet Poker Expert Stubbe-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've forwarded the thread to the responsible team. I know we're working on more tools that'll help cross-product, but I don't know the exact details.
I can assure you we take the topic very seriously, and we're considered the industry-leaders when it comes to social responsibility and responsible gaming - I do agree some poker sites have better self-limitation tools for poker though. https://www.kindredgroup.com/sustainability/responsible-gambling/
0 Likes
Reply
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25


I can assure you we take the topic very seriously, and we're considered the industry-leaders when it comes to social responsibility and responsible gaming - I do agree some poker sites have better self-limitation tools for poker though. https://www.kindredgroup.com/sustainability/responsible-gambling/

What can I as a customer do with the link? Should I read how engaged Kindred for responsible gambling is? Ok, I did it, then i face the reality, that many competitors have a better system. So when we add the link to the obligated marketing bs how can this link make my life at Unibet more confortable? So could you please explain why you added this to your comment?

0 Likes
Reply
Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've forwarded the thread to the responsible team. I know we're working on more tools that'll help cross-product, but I don't know the exact details.
I can assure you we take the topic very seriously, and we're considered the industry-leaders when it comes to social responsibility and responsible gaming - I do agree some poker sites have better self-limitation tools for poker though. https://www.kindredgroup.com/sustainability/responsible-gambling/

Who considers you that? Pokerstars for example allow you to limit how much you can stake per sports bet, hand of blackjack or MTT/SNG/Cash game.

Something similar would be amazing.

Reply
Unibet Poker Expert Stubbe-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert
@psrquack, would love to hear how you think other competitors are doing better Smile
If you actually check the page I linked to, you'd see there's a lot of relevant stuff and an extensive sustainability report Smile On the page itself you got high-level info about PS-EDS as well as the self-limitation tools, which is exactly what this thread is about.
0 Likes
Reply
Unibet Poker Expert Stubbe-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert

@Brocky, as I wrote above, I do agree that some poker sites have better self-limitation tools, but self-limitation is only a part of it. The ability to detect problematic behavior is key. I'm by no means an expert on this subject, but if you can't control your gambling and don't think you've got an issue, deposit and loss limits probably won't make a big difference, and what goes on behind the scene becomes of greater importance Smile

My impression is that Stars are doing a really good job as well, and I saw that they won award for their RG work recently. In terms of the industry-leaders comments, I based this on the number of RG awards we've won.

Reply
Kilpikonna Rank 10
Rank 10

Unibet should offer the following options

1) limit stakes (as discussed here)
2) limit game types (e.g. exclude Hexapro)
3) offer more options for self-exclusion period


Regarding 2) I asked this here a lot time ago but got never answered, which I interpreted that this is not possible.

Regarding 3) it is pretty dumb that you can only choose between 24 hour and 7 day (or longer) self-exclusion. Often I would like to exclude myself for a few days during a busy week but I never want to say out of the weekend games.

Reply
Highlighted
Rushbie Rank 22
Rank 22

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

.. but if you can't control your gambling and don't think you've got an issue, deposit and loss limits probably won't make a big difference, and what goes on behind the scene becomes of greater importance Smile



Funny thing with this one is that at the moment, it literally is not possible to control your gaming/gambling the best possible way individually. Not to mention being on absolute control of it. One can't simply put everybody that uses restrictions as a fine-tuning tools for themselves to same line/category with the ones that has major problems with the gambling in its entirety.
The more options there is, the better. Kinda like 50 shades of green when it comes to gambling restrictions Smirk
Different players have numerous reasons and ways to use those restrictions to make the best out of their playing, and not just one that is being seen and dictated like through the eyes of an overly-neurotic mother of somekind.
Most people still can handle things, especially if there'd only be more detailed ways to do it.

"Wise men know their limits. Great men have no limits."
Thunder402
Reply
Livertool Rank 24
Rank 24

Got to agree with stubbe here. There is already good ways to limit your playing with current limitations/exclusions and it is good thing. But you got also to take some responsibility of your actions and review your behaviour rather than ask sites to do them for you. If you over and over again do same mistakes and go beyond your limits and never learn from your mistakes, then you really already have issues and maybe shouldn't gamble at all. To take it extreme, we can't hide knives in the world too just cause someone wants to stab other fellas or make women wear bags over them so men don't get urge to nail them  Very Happy 

I don't mind if there is every detail that you can control/limit but that is not the ultimate solution, is it? Lets not just be victims of our behaviour but learn how to improve. After all, unibet ain't only site in the world, you can easily go to another site and gamble all your money where you yet haven't made all those restrictions.

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
Reply
Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18

@Livertool wrote:

Got to agree with stubbe here. There is already good ways to limit your playing with current limitations/exclusions and it is good thing. But you got also to take some responsibility of your actions and review your behaviour rather than ask sites to do them for you. If you over and over again do same mistakes and go beyond your limits and never learn from your mistakes, then you really already have issues and maybe shouldn't gamble at all. To take it extreme, we can't hide knives in the world too just cause someone wants to stab other fellas or make women wear bags over them so men don't get urge to nail them  Very Happy 

I don't mind if there is every detail that you can control/limit but that is not the ultimate solution, is it? Lets not just be victims of our behaviour but learn how to improve. After all, unibet ain't only site in the world, you can easily go to another site and gamble all your money where you yet haven't made all those restrictions.


The contradiction in your post completely invalidates your argument.  You can't claim that the current offering, such as deposit limits, are a good way to limit your playing and then later in your post go on to say that you can just go elsewhere to bypass more detailed restrictions.  How can a deposit limit be effective if I can just go and deposit somewhere else where I don't have a deposit limit?

Ultimately whether you have a deposit limit, whether you block products, self exclude or anything there will always be another gambling site out there.  If your problem is that extreme then you need to look at a complete block on gambling.  

However, there are people that struggle with some form of gambling more than others and we should have the ability to protect ourselves from this, as we are on Pokerstars for example.  If someone busts a tournament in brutal fashion near the big money, the temptation to jump in a Hexapro, with it's massive font and flashing lights on the homepage can often be too much.  I'm sure almost every gambler has done some form of chasing losses at some point in their time.  

Furthermore, you talk about learning from mistakes as if people choose to want to chase losses.  There's been various studies/documentaries that talk about how people who are addicted to gambling are in effect wired differently in the brain to other people.  Ultimately, offering something that gives a bit more protection isn't a solution to an individuals issues with chasing losses or gambling too much but what harm is it going to do to you?

Gambling has proven to be highly addictive for millions of people, I don't see how your knife analogy is relevant?  Nobody stabs one person and then chases their losses by stabbing 10 more.  I'm happy that you don't feel the need for various restrictions but for some of us they would be massively beneficial.  In a similar fashion, I've tried smoking, alcohol, drugs and never been addicted to any of them, but I don't feel the need to tell people to take more responsibility for their life if they are addicted to these things.  Everyone has their own issues.

 

 

Reply