Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jappe Rank 13
Rank 13

@MoreTBC gongrats on nailing the daily 4!

nice to hear the story behind the nick,as well. Have heard about your cousin MoreTBA?  :-P

YpresX Rank 15
Rank 15

Congratz m8, finally you broke the curse ! Very Happy

Get rekt
MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

14/09/2016 - Technical Difficulties

I took Tuesday off after all the Daily 4 excitement and didn't really plan on playing much on Wednesday either. Started off with a little cash to complete the "Win 5 hands from the button" part of the second monthly mission. I also loaded up the two early evening Bounty MTTs and a €2 SnG to use my ticket I got from completing the first round of missions. I managed to finish 2nd in the SnG and then my internet died. I can count on one hand the times my broadband has died so it was not something I expected. The outage only lasted 20 minutes but when I got back the cash table had closed and I was short in both the bounties. Not much you can do in these situations, just one of the perils of playing online poker.

Jumped into the Community league and some PLO MTTs after the reconnection and did not too bad Cool. Finat table in the league for some healthy points and final table in one of the 2 PLO with 4 bounties. The drought might finally be over. Played a little more cash to clear the mission and then very late regged the Daily 4 and bombed miserably. No back to back for this guy Disappointed

Mr Grafton seems to be back to his Wednesday streaming schedule now so I joined the Squid Spectacular. I was playing well and then ended up on a star studded 'TV' table Cool. Sam was there, bookthewin was there, radge was there, nightshopper was there.. it really was a who's who of the Community/Twitch. I had Sam on my direct left and then bookthewin after that sporting his lovely Yoshi themed avatar. With the buyin only being €2 Sam's bounty of €25 is actually worth more than the 1st place prize so I was in the worst position to try and claim it. My other issue was whenever we got blind vs blind he always had better cards so I rarely won any chips. We sat like this during all of the last two tables and most of the final table. Sam going knocked out in an Ax vs Ax where he was out kicked and I ended up 3rd. The cash streak continues Smile I did get asked why I wasn't using 'MoreTBC' in the Twitch chat and basicaly it's so you can't read the Community leaague thread and know how well I'm doing Smile I need to save the drama for here.  

For anyone that hasn't looked at the backroll results I'm about €65 for the first half of the month which is great as far as I'm concerned considering I was down €95 at one point Wow. I'm gonna take Thursday and Friday off to do real life things and then it'll be the usual Sat/Sunday action inc. another Community freeroll I think Cool.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
Unibet Employee Robin-Unibet
Unibet Employee

@MoreTBC
Regarding the Jackpot tournaments, it is one of the older ongoing promotions that was there before I joined Smile

Back then we had €1 or €4 buy-in tournaments, nothing in between, and I believe therefore we had one of both to make it accessible to our players that play the lowest games.

From experience, I know that even when you have two of the same buy-ins, it doesn't mean players will automatically play both. There are players that just play one game at a time, register for one and see how it goes during late registration before they enter the other or players that just don't want to add more games at some point during a session. Not all the players are in them for the jackpot per se, however the jackpot as an addition surely helps to boost entrants. 

We manually check every week whether a player meets the jackpot criteria and once in a while we have a winning player. The last time, not that long ago, we had two winners on the same Monday. Both finishing top 3 in both tournaments Ok. Accidentily we didn't notice it at first because we had already spotted a winner and didn't expect to look out for another one - but sorted it out when we realized itSmile So players really win these jackpots now and then.

MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

Thanks for the reply Robin Smile

I'm toying with the idea of recording a session/tourney and then uploading it as some sort of review type thing. The idea is to record me playing a UO final (if I ever make one) or SE or something on the big side from start to inevitable bust, then cut out all the boring bits like folding and waiting for hands to complete, then rewatch it and talk over what I was thinking/doing at the time. I'll stick some random music on in the background too in case I forget to talk. Then upload it and stick it here so people can tell me all the mistakes I've made or agree with my amazing lay downs/hero calls Cool

Question is, would anyone want to watch something like that? If so, how long would you want it to be? I know guys like Jamie Staples and Kevin Martin have 'highlight' videos on Youtube but they are normally just 'big' hands instead of "what would you do?" type stuff. They normally cram an entire session into 15 minutes so I would imagine 30 minutes is probably the max anyone is going to keep it on for unless it's at the side while you grind.

Anyway, let me know one way or the other if you could Smile

GotWhatItTakes Rank 18
Rank 18

I think 10 to 20 minutes would be good. I would watch it for sure :-)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.
0 Likes
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

@MoreTBC wrote:

Thanks for the reply Robin Smile

I'm toying with the idea of recording a session/tourney and then uploading it as some sort of review type thing. The idea is to record me playing a UO final (if I ever make one) or SE or something on the big side from start to inevitable bust, then cut out all the boring bits like folding and waiting for hands to complete, then rewatch it and talk over what I was thinking/doing at the time. I'll stick some random music on in the background too in case I forget to talk. Then upload it and stick it here so people can tell me all the mistakes I've made or agree with my amazing lay downs/hero calls Cool

Question is, would anyone want to watch something like that? If so, how long would you want it to be? I know guys like Jamie Staples and Kevin Martin have 'highlight' videos on Youtube but they are normally just 'big' hands instead of "what would you do?" type stuff. They normally cram an entire session into 15 minutes so I would imagine 30 minutes is probably the max anyone is going to keep it on for unless it's at the side while you grind.

Anyway, let me know one way or the other if you could Smile 

Agree with @GotWhatItTakes. Think you should start out with like 10-15 minutes Smile

Former community manager. Used to be known as "Stubbe-Unibet" | Bundesliga blog | How NOT to play poker blog
0 Likes
Nestabear Rank 22
Rank 22

@MoreTBC I love the Idea & would watch for sure. I think time wise you should go with what you got. First do all the recording & get to a Final Table. Then review & see what kind of game you had ( was it a game where you played a lot of hands, or one of those where you only played a couple... but made them count, in which case it will be a short vid with space for a intro & all LOL) There is a lot of knowledge to be gained from reviewing & positive critique from peers, in any sport. I say go for it !  Thumbs Up

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !
0 Likes
MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

15 to 17/09/16 - Minimum play, minimum results

Off site action took precedence at the end of the week so I hardly played anything on Unibet. I had to play a SnG for 3 days in a row so I got that out the way. It gave me a PLO4 ticket which I played through for a bit on Saturday and because I had a rare Saturday night off I took a stab at the Saturday Stack flip which I of course lost Smile

On 'the other site' Mini-WCOOP is stil going so I got involved in the $3.30 8-max NLHE on Thursday and made Day 2. 7205 players with a prize pool of $21615 Wow. Unfortunately like all my other day 2s, it started at 3PM so I was still at work. I ended up 297th for $12. Definitely nothing to write home about but there is a sense of achievement in making day 2 and surviving through that number of players. I hope Unibet 2.0 has some sort of phase tournament model in it because I think it's a great thing to have in MTTs. Being able to run multiple Day 1's to a big final Day 2 would be great for generating a big prize pool or even as an alternate to the UO qualifying structure. I've made a mental note to annoy the powers that be about at my earliest convenience Cool

On the same night I also played the 'Big $1.10'. It started at 6pm my time and I thought it would be done about midnight. I could handle that as I knew the $3.30 would play to that time and I don't generally sleep before midnight anyway. When I finally busted out it was 01:40 Sad. Over 7 and a half hours of play for 17th place and $16.64. Part of me was happy I'd survived another 4000+ player field to get in the top 20, part of me was miserable at the thought of my hourly rate being just under $2 and that I'd be knackered for work the next day. If I was constantly earning 16x my buyin for every MTT I played I could handle the 7 hours but when you're not doing it very often you question if it's worth it at all. I guess it's one of the things I like about Unibet. The fields are a lot smaller so you can get that final table excitement in half the time and with the payout structure the way it is you feel like you're getting more for your time if you min-cash. I'll go into this a little more later on but I think the satisfaction of beating people is more of a bug for me than the financial reward at the end.

I carried on my mini heater during Saturday on PS cashing a $1.10 PKO with 5 bounties ($3ish), a $3.30 I satted into for $0.55 ($10.57) and finishing another $1.10 PKO in 26th with 12 bounties ($6.65 + $11.0Cool. In true degen fashion I then punted most of it off playing the $11 Badugi and $11 Ultra deep Mini-WCOOP events Smile BRM, what's that? Rofl

18/09/16 - AK, the bogey hand.

Started off the Sunday grind playing the PLO4 ticket I had got from one of the September missions. Turns out the playthrough for these tickets is 300+ flops.. I ain't got time for that! I made the conscious decisions to go big or go ho.. well to €1.99. If you can't buy in for the minimum amount at the table your ticket just gets converted to cash so I figured I'll try and run it up to a huge number or if things went wrong just leave the table at €1.99 or under and just take the cash. I was on the 4rd step of the missions so I played a little NLHE to complete the 'Join any Omaha cash game table and reach the flop 10 times. Then do the same in Hold’em the next day' part, made a new Alias 'DeathTBC' and played a Sunday Entitled (SE) qualifer. Mission complete and an SE quali ticket was mine. Part 5 had two more cash game playthrough parts so I just left the tables open and completed them pretty quickly. Played a SnG, which I sucked out in (QQ < A4s), to start the 'play a SnG 3 days in a row' part of the mission and that was all the admin for the day done. now onto the fun stuff, tourneys Smile

Started off with a couple of bounty tourneys, one of each game type, which I didn't do well in. Hopped into one of the 'Step-it-up' tourneys as I quite like them. They play almost like a satellite in the sense that it doesn't matter if you finish in the first payout place or the last, you're getting the same reward. Unfortunately I bubbled the €20 payout when my AK did not hold against pre-flop shoves to 10 6 and A6 in the space of 3 hands. Sunday really wasn't a good day for AK. 

From playing through the PLO ticket I got a UO spin, which gave me a freeroll ticket, so I played that next. It didn't take me long to get AK and have it lose to QJ in a pre-flop shove.

Next up was the SE last chance €5 qualifier as I had got a ticket from completing the missions earlier in the day. They're a bit of a crap shoot but somehow I managed to finish 2nd and get a ticket to the big one. This was a small miracle considering I commited ICM suicide by calling an all in from the second biggest stack when we were 3 handed. I really didn't need to and I don't know why I did it (I think I just wanted to get it over with to be honest) and I paid for it by losing AQ < AK. Luckily I survived after that and the short stack busted. Slapped wrist for me.

With the SE starting I decided to limit my tables to 2 so I could focus on playing the best I could. I played 5 other tourneys during the night but really wasn't paying attention to them and didn't do very well in them. I didn't mind, all the focus was on the SE.

At this point I'd like to thank everyone that replied to my question about recording a session for review. I'm gonna give it a bash at some point this week, probably Wednesday, and see if I can control my cringe glands as I hear myself talking on the mic. I REALLY wish I had pulled my finger out and recorded the SE as there are so many spots that would have been great for discussion but as I didn't really expect to get into it and the last chance finishing about 15 minutes before the main event I didn't really have time to get everything set up. I'll probably not make another one for months now and have nothing to record now Waterfall

Things started off well with an early almost double up where I rivered an Ace high flush vs a set vs Top pair with A kicker. Then we had some more fun with AK where in two separate occasions I came up against KK. One time I lost, one time I caught a straight. From that point on I think I played well, choosing good spots to pick up blinds and not doing anything silly. I stayed in the top 10 chip stacks for the majority of the tourney and made the final table in 7th out of 9 I think. Again, I wish I was recorded this so much because there were lots of spots on the last two tables where I was making mistakes and not being aggressive enough and also on the final table that would have been good to discuss.

At the final table I was paying attention but I wasn't remembering things so I don't really remember a lot about it. I know the short stacks busted pretty quickly and when we got down to 5 players there was a point where everyone was in the 30-40 BB range and things were quite even. I think I tried to make a move blind vs blind that didn't work and was down to about 20 BB when I got that hand again AK. It was suited this time and I was in the BB. It folded round to the SB who made a min-raise (I think we were at 2k/4k at this point) to 8k so I re-raised to 22K. SB took a little time and then went all in. I figured I was in 5th at this point, we're 5 handed and it's blind on blind.. we're going to be flipping. I hit call and see a pair of 10's.

[Insert standard Sunday, AK ruining, run out here] Waterfall

The SB had been pretty aggressive the whole time we were at the same table so I don't really see any way I'm ever folding. I don't know if that's the right mentality to have in that situation and it's 45%-55% so strictly speaking it's a losing play but there are plenty of Ax combos or even KQ he would jam over the 3-bet with though right? Either way it's €396 of pure profit as I was basically freerolling from the ticket Cool.

After I busted I remember feeling disappointed. Really disappointed Disappointed. Winning the money was cool and all that, as I've now basically tripled my BR, but I really wanted that virtual gold trophy for 1st place. I touched on this before but I'm at that point in my poker playing life where the achievements outweigh the financial gain. Don't get me wrong, I had already spend the 1st place prize for winning the SE in my head but I'd have valued beating all the other players over the € reward for doing that. You may disagree but I think that probably helps my mindset when playing. I'm not playing with scared money and don't have the pressure of needing the win, I just want it Smile On the flip side it also means I'm probably not always making the most profitable decisions all the time because I'll just go 'F*** it, it's only a €' and call people when I shouldn't. It's a fine balance but I think I'm starting to get on top of it and focus on getting those shiny trophies Cash

Late call to work tonight so I'll probably just play a single SnG today and tomorrow to finish my missions and then hopefully a full schedule on Wednesday with a test session recording Cool

YpresX Rank 15
Rank 15

Live by the AK die by the AK. 

Anyway, you did the right thing. Not being reliant of the money is a good attitude. It's more important that you make the right decisions and in the long-run you will be rewarded with those shiny trophies as well as with the bigger moneyzz. Very Happy

Get rekt