Blog: How to be really good at being average..

MoreTBC

Thursday 24/11/16 - Subroll 2: The Sequel

Thursday was a standard MTT League schedule for me, with standard results :( Bricked 5 out of 6 and only claimed one bounty in the PLO Turbo. Managed 3rd in the last event of the day, the Turbo Deepstack, to salvage the day but it's one of the lowest entrant €4 events so didn't make much difference to the leaderboard.

I know *think* I hold the crown as the only player to back to back top 2 the Twitch Subrolls. This completely made up achievement will probably never be be repeated (mostly because I don't think the freerolls are happening anymore) so I'll wear the badge with pride and gloat about it whenever possible. I probably should have won the second gold trophy but I played like an idiot heads up and donked off most my chips with AK on a 358 or something similar board when my opponent went all in on teh flop. I knew he had a piece of it and I just wanted to get lucky and end it there. It didn't work and when I shipped Ax the next hand whatever he/she had held up. It was another €60 I didn't really deserve added to the roll and another €10 SE sat ticket to torch on Sunday so I can't complain :)

Friday 25/11/16

Randomly played some PLO25 before DJing, torched a single buy-in, survived the second and ran away.

Saturday 26/11/16 

I spent the first two or three hours of the day typing out that rather long feedback post regarding the PC beta client so I didn't play much poker. The Beta client steals your cursor focus whenever action is required so it makes typing long forum posts incredibly tilting. I played a couple small buy in MTTs just to get screenshots and bug hunt and bricked them all. Also burned one of my SE sat tickets along the way. 

Once I'd finished my post/moan I jumped into a €10 Turbo and managed to get myself a cheeky silver trophy and nearly €40 profit. No idea what happened in it, can't remember a thing about it :Rofl:

Decided to have another crack at the PLO streets and left with 3 buy-ins. I also had a ten minute arguement with the Dominoes delivery guy because he didn't have enough change to give me. I made them send another driver with the change. The pizza was cold by the time all was said and done :(

I'll do Sunday tomorrow as I'm not playing tonight :)

• Like 3
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Sunday 27/11/16

Just going to do this quickly as it was a typical Sunday.

The Good

• Gold trophy in an early PLO turbo deep for €40 profit
  • 5th in the MTT league PLO Turbo Bounty for a few points

The Bad

• Everything else. Had some terrible run bad which I fully blame on me getting doomswitched because of the feedback post ;). Ended up -€65 for the day.

Tuesday 29/11/16 - Morning session

Played a single €10 turbo bounty which I finished 6th in for €4 profit and made a buy in at PLO25 :)

• Like 2

Wednesday 30/11/16 - Jinxed

Started the day off really well thanks to 's fantastic tennis tips thread. Every now and again I'll take a punt on a days tennis action based on these hot tips and nearly every time I've made money. The guy is an absolute end boss when it comes to this stuff. If I see him at a UO event he's get several beers from me because I made another €40 on Tuesday so he more than deserves them. 

I ended up getting a half day from work on Wednesday so that meant I could get a nice long session in... unfortunately it was a nice long losing session with added 2.0 rage. Out of the first 12 MTTs I played I managed to win a single €10 UO sat ticket, that's it. :( I also lost €35 PLO 25 during that time too. PLO 25 has basically become my slots now. I love playing it. Sometimes you get crushed, sometimes you crush. Either way it's great fun. The sweats are much bigger, the bad beats hurt more, it's just more exciting for me than NLHE. Terrible for my BR, great for my entertainment.

With the start of UO Bucharest there was a number of freerolls running so my first cash of the day came in the second one of them. €1.69. What a score 😏. That was followed swiftly by the client freezing mid session which turned my tilt level up a few notches. I was playing in the Community league when it happened and when I got back in I wasn't playing the Community League so it's anybodies guess where I finished :( I was never winning it anyway so I didn't instantly hit the community and complain.

Thinks picked up slightly with a 6th place finish in the €4 Turbo Deepstack and then it was time for the last two tourneys of the day. You know them by now.. The €10 bounties! I've not been Level 10 tilted in a very long time but my god did I hit the roof on Wednesday night.

Close your eyes and imagine the scene..

You're down to the final 4, stacks are kinda even but everyone has around 30BB. You're in the big blind with 83♣️. UTG opens for the minimum, next player goes all in. That's the hand over for me, I'll just go click 'fold to any'. Cursor is over the button, all I need to do is tap my finger on the trackpad and it's on to the next hand. In the split second it takes for me to do that the next player insta-calls the all in and is all in himself, the fold to any button disappears and is replaced with the ❤️♥️❤️ call button?!?!? Why Unibet.. WWHHHYYYYYY????? 😠. Both players show AK, A on the flop, game over. Cue Pulp Fiction level f-bombs. I have never been more annoyed at my laptop screen in my life. The irony of the whole situation is that I posted either earlier in the day or the day before suggesting that this situation might happen to someone and they should move the button.. and then it happens to me 😠. It still winds me up now. I don't mind losing a euro here and there to a bug but top prize was €90 and there was at least €30 worth of bounties so that's a 3 figure profit lost to poor UI design. I had a rant the next day so I'm done with it now. I actually saw a screenshot this morning where it had moved so hopefully the change has been pushed.  

It was close to Midnight at that point and randomly I decided to go to McDonalds for food. Got there to find the hot water was broken and they were closed. Perfect end to the day :(

End of Month Review (November)

• +/- for the month: +581.86 :Thumbsup:
  • Days played: 24
  • Losing days: 9
  • Winning days: 15
  • Sessions/Games played - Cash: 21, SNGs: 17, MTTs: 240
  • ROIs - Cash: 21.61% , SNGs: 21.75% , MTTs: 57.80% 

Full results for the month

I'm actually writing this on the 30th so everything you have just read was typed after this.. Little bit of Blogception for you :) I couldn't be happier with the results this month. Barring a massive blowup tonight (which won't happen :Cheeky: Edit: It kinda happened) I'll be posting up at least €550 profit for the month. I really didn't think I would make that much of a dent in the deposit fiasco of last month this quickly. I've been helped with some big wins that cost nothing, like the Twitch Subrolls and the €25 MTT ticket generating a gold trophy, but I've also been hindered by my Magpie tendency for a slot machine so it's still been a little swingy. Unsurprisingly it's been a record month for MTT play with the League promo running. I look destined to finish in 19th place (Edit: I did finish 19th), unless I go on some mad trophy winning run, so that will be another €25 for the BR and a cheeky €4 MTT ticket.

The player at the top of the low leaderboard has over 1000 points now. That's an incredible run! It must be around 5 1st place finishes in either the Deepstack Bounty or the Early Bounty as they're the only ones that could generate enough points to get you to that level. Congrats to whoever you may be, you're a worthy winner :Ok:

So, December.. Not really sure how it's going to go :Wonder:. The Around the World promo seems like a cash game grinders dream and well.. that ain't me. I'll maybe load a table of PLO25 on the side while I do my normal grind but I'm certainly not going to be converting to cash for a month. I think the 25 level will be really juicy during December. It's the lowest tier you're eligible for all the prize drops so I think some players will move up and it'll create lots of action. I might be wrong though and all the crushers will move down and dominate. We'll just have to see about that one. None of the other promos, if any, have been announced as I type this so there may be nothing for me on the promo side.

The other strange thing in December will be not hunting for points. I've not even been thinking about cashing MTTs in the last month, just finishing positions, so it's going to be strange going back to things like the Daily 4 without the added incentive of the leader board. I'm sure once I get my first gold trophy I'll forget all about it.

Goals for December

• Get out the hole and start playing with profit again
  • Finish top 3 in both Jackpot Hold'em tourneys (Live the dream)
  • Blog regularly and post hands for discussion and analysis that will be helpful to the community.
  • UO or UOUK qualification
  • Sunday Entitled Win

Not much has changed regarding my goals, I've just added some of the old ones back in. I'm getting pretty close to being able to cashout my only deposit and start playing with pure profit again but I'd like to get a few hundred euro in the clear so I can manage the auto run bad you get after a withdrawal :) Another month like November and that should be a reality. I think adding the Sunday Entitled back in is fine now too. I only ever play the last chance sats on Sunday and the flip so it's €25 a week to try and win well over €1k.

It's hard not to get wrapped up in the excitement of UO Bucharest so I really want to at least attend London next year. Hopefully I can get a package somehow but I think worst case scenario I'll just fly down and play a side event and hopefully a community event if there is one running. I want a hoodie basically :Cool:. I also plan on going to at least one UO UK event in 2017 too. Same as UO, I'll try and get a package and if that fails I'll just take out some of the BR and pony up the :Cash: live and direct. 

That's three months of blogging complete now. Thanks for sticking around :) Things will probably be a bit more sporadic in December, you know how the festive period is. I expect I'll be DJing more and I need to visit family and real world things like that so there may be gaps in play. I'll try and get some IRL pics when I do stuff and I'll get a stream or two running as well over the holidays. I was waiting for 2.0 before I reset all my OBS scenes so now it's out I can get that done :)

Edit: This was obivously typed before the Betting comp thing happened but I'll go over it in the next post. :)

• Like 5

Thursday 01/12/16 - 2.0 launch day 🤫

It finally arrived, the much anticipated, super amazing, new Unibet poker client... and then the community blew up. Countless posts about not being able to run it with graphics cards, not being able to log in and just general dislike for all the changes. I jokingly said to Stubbe earlier in the week I'd hold the fort while they were all away in Bucharest completely forgetting about launch day. It was a busy few hours I'll admit. I tried my best to answer questions and help people out between here and 2+2. Let's be honest, If you've gone through the client window by window and reviewed/critiqued it you're probably one of the best people to answer the "Where do I find..." type questions so I did my bit :).

I understand peoples frustrations about things relating to the launch including communications about the lack of XP/Vista support and the graphics card issues. I think the first point could have been communicated much better pre-release but the graphics thing you just can't really test without giving the software to the masses. Ultimately the timing was poor on Unibet's part but may have been forced by things we can't see. Having the release of your new software coincide with your biggest live event really doesn't seem like a good idea. Poor Chris, stuck with multiple crippling issues for players while everyone else was having fun in Romania :(. 

The hysteria around the release appears to have calmed down now so focus can return to being constructive again, squashing bugs and suggesting things to improve playing experience. If you read the Unibet 2+2 thread you'll have seen numerous users going from "ARRRGHGRH YOUR NEW SOFTWARE IS :Heart::Hearts::Heart:!!!" to "It's not bad actually, you just need to change x, y and z" and they're the saltiest players to please so the foundations of a great client are there... It just needs some a lot of tweaks ;). It's probably going to take a month or two but rest assured I'll be keeping my bug list up to date and harassing them whenever possible to get stuff sorted :) Like I said in a previous post, it's in my interest to be playing on a great client that all the players around me like using because they're more likely to play.. which means I have more chances to take their money :Cool:. All you need for bug reporting is the windows snipping tool and notepad so if that's all I need to improve my chances of making a profit I'm happy to continue doing that.

On the virtual felt it was a mixed bag as per usual. Only played 7 MTTs (3 of them being freerolls) because I was spending a lot of time on the forums typing and in Twitch chat annoying Jonny. Freeroll profit was €1.13 and a €1 SNG ticket.. A healthy score. Other than that I finished 10th in the Daily 4 for €10 profit and that was basically it on the tournament front.

With the 'Around the World' promo I thought I'd get involved in the PLO 25 cash streets again. I don't really remember the sequence of what happened so I'm just going by my results with this part. Started with two tables, lost on one, won on the other, and was up slightly. I must have closed them and then opened two again later in day with exactly the same results, one up, one down. The down was more than a buy in and the up was less so we're now in the hole. Late in the session I opened three tables of PLO 10. I can only assume this was because the last gold ticket of the day had been given out so I didn't see the point of risking more money than I needed to. I left the PLO 10 streets 4 buy ins up to put myself back in the profit for the day. No raffle tickets though :(

Friday 02/12/16 - Deleting my way to UO London

You've probably all read about this already but I'll just run over it quickly. The UO betting competition had been running here on the community and things were going well. DaVitsche had mentioned several times during the ladies battle royale stream that he would be on the feature table during his day 1 and nobody had updated the original odds for that happening. He was a 40/1 :Wow:. This made racking up points very easy as you could combine this with all the Twitch keywords and various other things that were likely to happen to create massive accumulators. A number of them came in for me and I ended up being 5th on the leader board after Thursdays action.

I wake up on Friday morning to an email saying  had tagged me in the thread. I didn't really think much of it as I just assumed he's tagged people in the top ten or something as an update. Turns out he put on his beer goggles and deleted all the info for the competition. I probably have to thank  at this point because I expect his screenshot of the leader board that he was using to gloat with when he was top is the only reason I'm going London for the UO :) I'm not really sure why they chose top 3 to get a package after the deletion (as only top 2 are getting in v2 of the comp) but I'm not going to complain.. I'm going to London baby!

The MTT league payout appeared in my account on Friday so that was a nice BR boost to start the day as well. I don't normally play on a Friday so I mostly stuck to trying to get a promo raffle ticket. I did play the Community League and a single €10 MTT but bricked both of them. Cash games were swingy as per usual. PLO by itself is more like that but it's me so I add my own additional variance in by being a fish. Started the day losing 2 buy ins at PLO 25 and then slowly grinded most of it back up finishing the day €8 down. Not a sniff of a raffle ticket again either. I was starting to get the feeling this promo might not be the one for me.   

Watched a lot of the UO stream again managed to win one of the many raffles and claimed a €10 ticket. To be honest, I was feeling a little sheepish about lucking into a UO side package so I gave it up and let them reroll it for someone else. Some lucky chap called ajax_[restoftwitchusernamehere] won it and I got a lovely message from him later in the weekend saying he turned it into a Sunday Entitled ticket! Passing on my community run good hopefully meant he made some good money.

Saturday and Sunday coming up soon..

• Like 3

Saturday 03/12/16 - I'm not going around the world

Saturday was a pretty terrible day to be honest. Nothing went my way and I ended up €90 down by the end of play. I lost every single session of PLO cash I played and lost in every MTT. The only things I made any money in were HU SNGs that I played to complete a mission and some NL4 which again as to complete a mission.

Saturday was the point where I decided that I wasn't going to try and take part in the Around the World promo anymore. It just doesn't make sense for me to risk 10x €4 MTT buy ins on a lottery odds chance of a raffle ticket. I think it's a great promo for the cash game grinders but it just doesn't make sense for me personally to move my play to cash. I'll probably play some PLO from time to time during the month but I definitely won't be mass tabling cash any time soon.

Spent most of the day watching the UO stream again which is always entertaining. Was good to see Hensie making his deep run and all the community members get behind him. Once you sit in chat for a few hours you get a sense of the dysfunctional family that makes up the community. You've got the chatters, the raffle/keyword/password vultures, the classic trolls, the parents.. it's an interesting mix. You learn pretty quickly to filter out the members of the family that don't interest you and focus on the ones that. I've made a few 'internet frrrriends' now so it's good to know when you log in that at least one other person in the chat is interesting in something other than typing 'password for the freeroll?'.

Sunday 04/12/16 - The late comeback

I just wrote 'the late comeback' as the title for the day thinking I had a pretty trerrible start to the day but the results sheet tells me differently :Rofl:

Started off the day with 3 MTTs, 2 €10 Turbos (one was a bounty) and the Four For Noon. Stone bubbled the bounty and got the bronze medel in the other two. €38 up by the time I ate breakfast/lunch :Thumbsup:. Went to play some NL4 to clear the mission, clicked on PLO by accident, won a single hand, left with 3 cents profit :Rofl:. Made €2 clearing the mission for the day and I was out of the cash streets.

Next up was a run of 13 MTT busts with nothing to show for it. I was running terribly. I know people say that all the time and when you read it you just brush it off as them making mistakes but I tend to record my bad beats so I can remember to moan about them later ;)

Ten players left in a €10 turbo I shove with QJs with less than 10BB and get called by 73.. yes 73. You know the rest.

€10 SE last chance AQs < A5 with runner runner for a straight.

€2k freeroll KK < QT, Q on flop, T on river.

Bounty Deepstack, TT < A3

Sunday Deepstack AK < A5

Daily 4, QQ < 56 when the player called my 3x raise and then flopped a straight (347)

It was pretty depressing to be honest. By about 21:30 I was left with 3 tables, the €4 early bounty and the two €10 bounties I always play. The €4 one was the first to be closed but luckily with a notification that I'd picked up the gold trophy and all the :Cash:. I recorded it as just under €60 profit but one of the problems that has always existed witht eh software is that when you get a bounty the notification doesn't say which tourney it's from. This made recording things a nightmare because *spoiler alert* I was collecting heads all over the place. 18 I think over the 3 MTTs but I have a funny feeling I missed one and just added the difference between the sheet and what I actually had in my account at the end. Another €50 profit over the two €10 bounties and the day was completely turned around and pretty much wiped out all the cash losses from Saturday. I'm now only €1.30 down for the month :Cool:

I had the UO stream on the TV for most of the day with the chat window on so I could say hello and troll. I think  and Marc did a fantastic job all weekend with the stream but Sunday was the best of the lot. The chat was absolutely toxic and they handled it supremely. I can understand a number of players were angry that they thought they were going to get a password from a certain time and they didn't but :Heart::Hearts::Heart: me, the reg didn't open for 2 hours or something between the announced password time and the actual freeroll.. relax! Twitch really makes you question sometimes if some people are actually over 18 on Unibet. Anyway, they handled that and the other freeroll and raffle issues perfectly IMO. 

While I'm giving people a virtual pat on the back I really think I should mention . NMPfan gets a lot of the credit for the Twitch stream running as smoothly as it does but Jonny was in there all weekend, all day, modding his heart out. He was also collecting betting keywords and sorting stuff for the competition on the side as well. What did he get out of it.. ':Heart::Hearts::Heart: all'. Didn't even hit a single raffle spin and didn't win anything in the betting comp (as far as I'm aware):(. You won't hear any complaints either and that's what great about some of the community members here. They'll happily give up their own time to help others without expecting anything in return. You just don't get that on any other sites as far as I'm aware. 

He's going on an ever increasing list of people I need to buy a beer! 

Going to take tonight and tomorrow off (apart from playing 3 showdowns in NL4 to complete the mission) as it's been wall to wall poker all weekend and I should really have a conversation with my girlfriend that doesn't end in me saying Kappa or some other Twitch keyword :Rofl:. 

Toodles.

• Like 7

So much to catch up on..

Monday 05/12/16

Played a single HU SNG as part of the December missions, won it. 94 cents in the bag!

Profit for the day: +€0.94

Tuesday 06/12/16

After my huge win on Monday i must have been feeling brave as the first thing I did was play a HU SNG for €10. Being the crusher I am at HU (😏) I took it down and landed some lovely profit. Played a table of PLO25 and dusted off a buy in wiping out all my HU skillz. I also won 50 cents playing NL4.. I can only assume because it was part of a mission.

Profit for the day: +€9.40

Wednesday 07/12/16

Strange little session on Wednesday. Must have got a €4 MTT ticket from the missions so I used that for the Bounty Deepstack. Ended up finished 7th with 3 bounties for €18, good start to the day. I must have been having some client issues because I didn't record the field or placed paid for the early bounty, only that I finished 10th, which I would expect was outside the money. It was probably the stone bubble actually.

*looks at 'winnings' cell*

No, I got paid €5 something and collected 3 bounties for pretty much €6 profit. Bricked the community league and freeroll and then lost a Euro playing Banzai. That'll have been a mission thing for sure.

Finished off the session playing two tables of PLO 10. I can only assume this is because all the golden raffle tickets had been drawn and I was hunting silver ones. I, of course, got none but did leave €15 up 👍

Profit for the day: +€17.96 (Made €20 worth of bets on Andrei's tennis tips which is why this isn't higher)

Thursday 08/12/16

Started off on the PLO streets again. Won and PLO10 lost a buy in at PLO 25, standard stuff 🤣. Played a total of 8 MTTs and only cashed 2 :( 3rd in a €4 Turbo for €16 and after getting a €5 SE ticket from the mission I managed to win a sat and get a €25 SE ticket. The rest were duds and then I dusted off just over a buy in playing PLO 10 again.

Profit for the day: -€22.81 (This includes winning on the tennis bets for about €2)

Friday 09/12/16

No play at all, missions are all complete and I was working at night.

Saturday 10/12/16

I was not DJing at night so my sole goal was to make it into the Saturday Stack! First MTT of the day was a €10 turbo where I was doing pretty well until I called an all in with AJ against KT and lost and then in the very next hand against the same player I lost AJ again AK :(.

The poker gods must have felt bad because they sent me on a mini heater after that:-

• Min cashed the next €4 Turbo for €3
  • Stone bubbled the Four for Noon (4th)
  • 2nd in the Lunch multi for €34
  • €1 HU SNG win from a ticket I had lying around 
  • cleared 40K challenge points for €8
  • Min cashed a €10 Turbo Deepstack losing A9 < QJ for €8
  • Played PLO 25 and left up €62
  • Min cashed another €4 Turbo for €4.50
  • Won €5 SE sat to get a €25 SE sat ticket
  • Final tabled €10 Turbo, no cash though
  • Won €25 SE sat to get a Sunday Entitled Ticket
  • Min cashed €10 Turbo for €9

Phew! That all happened one after the other. I don't remember it being that good to be honest and the order is probably wrong because I add the events as a I start them in the results sheet not as I finish them so muddle them up in any order you want :) 

Having used up all the run good for the day I then bricked the next 4 MTTs. I did manage to convert my €25 Saturday Stack ticket into a full €100 ticket so I was off to the main event... 

...and it lasted about 20 minutes :(

The rest of the night was a bust, apart from a 7th in the Daily 4 for €26.

Profit for the day: +€59.38

Sunday 11/12/16

Went to Edinburgh for the day so only played 3 MTTs when I got back. Fired 2 bullets at the Daily 4 because there was not long left in the late reg when I entered and it's be overlaying the last few days. Finished 15th, 12 got paid.. SO CLOSE! Min cashed the Ten-X bounty for a cool 80 cents profit and bricked the turbo bounty.

Profit for the day: -€17.20

• Like 5

Monday 12/12/16 - Run bad mode enabled

Turns out I had 10 days of holidays unused from my day job so to use them up I've taken the week off. I plan on spending my time doing basically nothing and playing poker. The poker gods have other plans. They'd like me to do nothing all week but lose at poker.. and they're choice for me appears to be the one that's sticking :(

Opening the client around noon and the first thing that caught my eye was a €10 Turbo Deepstack so I hovered over it, clicked it, and nearly registered some €1 UO sat. It's probably just me but I feel like half the time I click on a MTT in the lobby I end up getting a different one or I'll reg something and it'll jump to the one above or below making me think I've regged the wrong thing. It's a tilting way to start a session. Anyhoo, I didn't pay any attention to how far into the MTT everyone was and sat down with 12 BB 🤫. I survived for a while, scraping for chips and keeping my head above water, until the poker gods decided to dish out their first bowl of '❤️♥️❤️ you!' soup.

I had 22 in the small blind and decide to shove on the big blind for 6 BB or something. They call with Qx4♠️♠️♠️x on the flop.. and you know the rest :waterfall:. No need for that kind of start to a session.

The MTT lobby did not look appealing after that (and it's just €1 MTTs in the afternoon) so I decided to drown my sorrows in the PLO 25 pit. Somehow left a buy in up after an hour or two and ran away with a monetary bandage for my earlier tournament booboo. The afternoon €4 turbo then lead to everyone's favourite virtual currency, the gold trophy! 24 adversaries tossed to the side and another cup for the cabinet. Maybe things were going to end up alright... ;)

Nope.

Accidentally regged a SE sat that was already running and ended up finishing 5th after another sick (apparently gr0ss is not allowed on the community) beat. I had J9o in the small blind and shoved against the big blind as I had 6 BB or something (Sound familiar). Big blind shows Jx9♥️ also and I sing 'Everyone loves a chop pot' in EPT stream fashion and wait for the next hand. Flop is ♥️♥️x, turn ♥️, river ♥️ :waterfall:.

Final table a €10 turbo but didn't make the monay as only 3 paid. Bricked the next 5 MTTs before min cashing another €4 Turbo and randomly winning another 20 at PLO 25. I have no idea why I choose to play it, I think I was just filling gaps when there were not many tables open. I may have OCD as I don't like having odd numbers of tables open. Over the next 13 MTTs I only cashed 3 and they were all min cashes or 2x buy in. The bad beat highlights being AQ<9T going runner runner straight and TT<A9 going runner runner straight. I figured the best way t round of the night would be to just torch a buy in at both 10 and 25 PLO. No idea why, I expect I was tilted.

Profit for the day: -€23.81

Tuesday 14/12/16 - Burn baby, burn

21 MTTs played, cashed 3 :waterfall:. A simply brutal day. I don't even know where to begin. Here are some of the highlight from the notes I took.

• Turbo Bounty (A8s<75<KQ all in for 3 BB, full house on river while completing my flush)
  • Early Bounty (AK < JQ)
  • Daily 4 (QQ < 89 9 on river for two pair)
  • €10 CVB (Knocked out by sjlot) - Nobody likes getting knocked out on the TV table

To add to the misery I torched 2 buy ins at PLO 25 as well... here is my note. PLO 25 (1st buy in KKxx<QQxx, KJQ flop, Q on turn) (2nd buy in AAxx<JJxx J on flop). Heavy hit after heavy hit in the last few days. I'm not enjoying it at all :( I did clear 50K points for €8 and cleared a bonus step for €20 to stop the bleeding slightly so I suppose every cloud.. 🤣

Profit for the day: -€110.97 (Ouch!)

Wednesday 15/12/16 - ..and the pain continues

It's 00:23 on Wednesday night (well technically Thursday morning) and for the first time ever I'm writing the blog on the night of play. Actually, I'm still playing. I have three tables open because that's the right amount to steal your cursor focus for every sentence you type meaning you have to type everything at least twice and hate the client more than the average person 😠

Why am I still playing at this time I hear you ask? Well let's start with this...

2078006818_Overlaycity.thumb.PNG.5aa7b7167d0ad6ddeed560e00dd9d4b2.PNG

I don't have to get up for work tomorrow so these seemed like some great overlay opportunities. The €10/25 ones look like they will at this time but I'll keep an eye on them after my inevitable busts and let you know tomorrow :) I'll be the first to admit I shouldn't be in the €25 one but I'm stuck for the month and I really don't think it'll hit 15 people so the extra value has to be worth it right? :)

As far as things have gone so far,just re-read yesterdays entry minus the PLO. I actually had to go into work and do a system move so I didn't play during the day and only started playing at night. With me chasing my tail at the moment I just played €4 and €10 MTTs and sucked at the all. The closest I got to a cash was 4 bounties in the €10 Ten-x where I stone bubbled QQ<28. Yes, 28 beat me :(

After tonight I am going to drop €10 MTTs from my regular play and add back in the lower stuff. I'm hemorrhaging money right now and whether it's me just playing bad, running bad or something else I just don't know just now but I need to lower the buy ins until I work out which it is.

For anyone keeping up, the nightly 10 has 19 runner with 30 minutes late reg left (90 total), the nightly 25 has 12 runners with 20 mins late reg and the Multi-buy is over already and had 24 runners so it had at most €160 overlay. It's 1am GMT. I just doubled in the Nightly 25 (the only one I'm still in) and sit 5/7. Someone has just regged so we're up to 13. The overlay dream may not happen :(... and it hit 15 in the break.

Estimated profit for the day: -€101.97

• Like 2

I guess you're just running bad. Down swings are so frustrating.  And the worst thing is when it affects your state of mind - transforming the poker master mind to a joker field of mines. Continue to focus and your flow will swing up again! Rooting for you!

• Like 2

As to be expected in the €25 I lost AQ < A6 to leave me with a few big blinds, managed to get back to almost 10 BB when 5 handed someone limped and I shoved with KJs, they called with 87s and hit an 8 on the turn :(

I also just got called into work again, run bad has extended to IRL now too :(

• Like 1

Just keep doing what you're doing and things will turn around.

Here's how I deal with a downswing:

• You can treat them as good mental practice, and see them as a challenge, which you loose if you tilt too much or too long. I know this works for me. This meta-view helps me to care less about the results themselved, and more about my attitude about it, and it can even make me feel proud when I don't feel too bad after losing some buy-ins.
  • Reviewing the biggest pots I played helps after a big loss. The outcome is always positive: either you find some mistakes and you can learn something, which is good; or you find you played good and you were just unlucky, which boosts your confidence and takes away the doubts you had after your bad run, which is also good.

Good luck in your next sessions!

• Like 4

Cheers for the tips/support guys. 

I know it's just a mental thing and these things happen. I was just bummed out that it was a couple of big days in a row. It doesn't help that last month was so good that you kind of expect the run to continue but at some point variance has to hit.

All is good though, played yesterday, felt comfortable and I now sit here at work *AGAIN* during my holidays quite content with my poker world :)

• Like 2

Thursday 15/12/16 - Light at the end of the tunnel?

Started off the day following Andrei's excellent tennis tips and made around €10. I also played a very small amount of cash to try and recreate some crashes people were having in the 2.0 client. I didn't track the exact losses as it was cents and for reporting just lumped it in with the betting stuff. I also couldn't get the client to crash so it ended up being pointless.

My new "€4 and below" buy in schedule was in full effect. 17 MTTs played, €48 buy in total. Cashed the first MTT of the day, a €1 deepstack bounty for a cool €2 profit... A wins a win right? ;) AJ < 66 in a standard flip that I'm odds on to lose this month it feels. Next up was a 10 MTT run of sweet ❤️♥️❤️ all. Closest I got was 8th in a €2 Turbo where only 6 paid so it counts as a FT but did not reward financially.

I'm toying with the idea of adding a column to the results showing what % of the field I outlasted. I have no idea if that is a relevant stat to have so if anything thinks it would be valuable, let me know. I can see it be a helpful number to look at during downswings so you know your beating the majority of the field and just coming undone in the later stages but it may just be a waste of space.. let me know either way :)

Next cash came in the Daily 4 with another FT but only 8th to show for it. A8 < 33 in what I expect was a button or SB shove from me that got called. €21 profit though and a few bugs to send to the Unibet guys :)

Finished 6th in the OU bounty hunt and got two bounties in the DaVitsche Freeroll for a few more € to round off a fairly successful day playing wise. Profit, not great, but at least the deep runs are back.

Profit for the day: €1.83

Friday 16/12/16

Short session on Friday as I was working at night and was going through all the promos I'd been sent that week. Kept up the 4 euro max buy in again which was good and played 5 MTTs. Best results was a 4th in the €2 deepstack for €11. All the rest were busts and that was that.

Profit for the day: €2.66

Saturday 17/12/16 - It's back..

The run bad that is. Actually I maybe just played crap but to be honest I have no idea because I can't remember. Only played 6 MTTs and busted them all early on. Not sure if I just wasn't in the mood or doing something but it was a strangely small session. I did get called to DJ with an hours notice, I remember that, but not why I didn't play more during the day. Probably best I didn't considering the run.

Profit for the day: -€23.22

Sunday 18/12/16 - The Sunday Entitled..

My monthly casino exclusion ended on the 17th and a sensible man would just auto reapply. I, however, wanted my free spins from the advent calendar so left it off. I'm not sure if was on Sat night or Sunday morning but I played and I won for change. Not a lot, €15 or so, but I left up which is a minor miracle for me :)

In all my slots excitement I forgot that I'm not supposed to be playing MTTs with a buy in higher than €4 and regged the €10 Midday turbo. I was punished with a 8th place (6 paid) after my KJ shove for 6BB was called by K6 and the 6 hit :( This kind of run bad continued in the next MTT where I had QQ against 87, flop came 462, we both go all in and a 5 appears on the turn. For any of you % fans that was 80/20 PF and 78/22 on the flop :( 

The first cash of the day came in the €2 deepstack with a second final table in it in 3 days. Only 7th this time after JJ < AK on a 234 5 x board. Cashed a €4 turbo as well just after it finishing 5th after, you guessed it, another bad beat. AQ < KJ this time.

I had a Sunday Entitled ticket sitting waiting to be used so decided today was the day. I was sat next to @FreedoM for most of MTT and he consistently punished me when I had AK by three betting me and the flop being all low cards. I checked with him a few days later on Twitch and he confirmed he had AA or a big pair every time. I was sitting pretty comfortably until I called an all in from a player with a similar sized stack (5-10 BB difference in my favour) holding AKs. Villain shows JJ and holds to cripple me :( I doubled through FreedoM I think and then shoved for less than 10 BB with A8s from the button I think. Big blind called with KQs (different suit) and flopped the straight. Standard run bad for the day and it was GG. Run KK into AA in the Daily 4 while this was all happening too.

Tilting, I played a couple of €10 MTTs with full run bad enabled.

• AA < JJ in 2k Sunday deepstack
  • A4s < Q6 in Ten-X bounty
  • 55 < AK in Ten-X turbo bounty after AK5 flop, all in, K on turn.

What can you do? :(

Profit for the day: -€32.04

• Like 2

Monday 19/12/17

Ohh man, I'm soooo far behind now. I do not remember anything about the next few days I'm going to write about so we'll just skip through them pretty quickly. 

Advent mission appeared on the Monday and I think it was just to play a SNG so I obviously went straight to the HU streets and crushed someone for just under €4. Played 8 MTTs and cashed just one :(. Only cash was a 7th in the €4 early bounty for €8 after a QQ < AQ standard beat for me this month.

The rest of the night was the usual bad play from me and early busts. I went back to my nemesis, the sloots, and strangely saved my day.

Profit for the day: €35.04

Tuesday 20/12/16

11 MTTs played, cashed 2. Got a min cash in the Daily 4 and a 3rd in the Ten-X Bounty for around €55. Lost pretty much everything I won on the sloots the night before so with the buy ins it ended up being a losing day.

Profit for the day: -€17.61

Wednesday 21/12/16

Looks like a smaller than usual session on the Wednesday. Only 7 MTTs but 2 cashes which is a better return than the last few days. 4th in the €4 early bounty and 2nd in the Community League. Stuck to my lower buy ins for once so total buy ins were quite low so it would have been a minimal losing day (€3 ish) but you know me by now, it's not fun if you're not punting. Mahoooosive losing day on the sloots to set up Christmas with a big red mark on the results.

Profit for the Day: -€191.41

Monday 26/12/16

Back from the Christmas break at my Mums and with a few days off I was fully prepared to get back on the grind and turn the month around. I logged into the client to find I had 2 x €10 MTTs to play with. I know I won one on a twitch stream before Christmas but I have no idea where the other one came from. Anyway, I used one of them in the Ten-X bounty and converted it into €88 profit. 7 bounties and a 3rd place was a great haul and a good start to the road to recovery. I blew the other ticket on the Daily 10 but did finish 3rd in the Turbo PLO bounty and cashed the Four for Midnight but for some reason didn't note the finished spot. It was a €11 cash so I think it was a final table but I'm just not sure. 11 no cashes on spreadsheet but I would have been up for the day. 

Of course I went chasing my tail on the sloots and ... I won :)

Profit for the day: €173.51

Tuesday 27/12/16

Turns out it wasn't that difficult to catch up at all :) I forgot about the 4 days off and thought I had 1000's of words to write. Anyway, Tuesday kicked off with a double cash. 5th in a €4 deepstack turbo PLO and 5th in a €1 deepstack bounty for a cool €7.50 profit. Only other cashes were a 20 cents profit in a PLO bounty that I final tabled but didn't cash and a min cash in the Turbo version later in the day.

Bubbled both the deep crazy (or Hypers ;)) I played and busted everything else as. The only one that really tilted me was the Daily 4 where I got the curse to cripple me, KK < AK, and then after getting some chips back lost AQ < QJ to bust. Torched 2 buy ins at PLO10 for no reason whatsoever and then torched all the money I won the previous day on the sloots :(

Finished the night off by playing 11 HU €2 SNGs. No idea why, just wanted to play super agro while I was tilting about the sloots loss. Won 7, lost 4.

Profit for the day: -€171.47

It's not quite the end of the month/year so I'm not going to get into the 'end of year' kinda stuff just now but I've made a few decisions I can share just now.

The first and most obvious one is that the casino exclusion is back on and it's 3 months this time. The swings are just too big and I'm a sucker for either chasing my loses or seeing what the bonuses/features do. I'm not losing much value by doing it, I don't play any of the 'casino' stuff (the local Grosvenor is a 5 minute walk for that nonsense) and the sloots are just too easy too provide fuel for. I did win a little money from one of the 'tournaments' that were running but in general the promos do not appeal to me. I'm going to miss out on free spins and things like that but I make more than enough from the poker side to subsidise anything I could possibly earn on the casino side. 

I also think it's better for me mentally to focus on the poker side of things. I don't necessarily mean my game either, just the whole 'scene'. I enjoy a lot of the discussions here and on 2+2 relating to Unibet and improving the software/features etc. Unibet definitely feels like it takes it's players feedback seriously and that personally motivated to provide more and to encourage other people to do the same. Whether that's replying to posts with information I've read or generating conversations with new ideas or feedback on current offers it can only end up in the product being better. That's what everyone wants isn't it?

I do need to work on my game (a lot) but I'm just not the type of guy to sit down and review hands. I do my learning from watching and playing. I guess that's why I've been so bad at posting hands. It's obviously harder with the Unibet software to recall the hands but ultimately I'm just lazy. 2017 will be more focused in all aspects of the poker world. 

My second decision is to diversify my poker footprint. That's a fancy way of saying 'play on other sites' 🆒. Disclaimer at this point that I am in no way promoting other poker sites but if the mods feel the next paragraph or two is out of line then feel free to delete this mods, I won't be offended :)

It's a pretty standard mindset of the modern online poker player to play on multiple sites. In order to get the most value you have to chop and change between sties depending on who's offering what. I've not been one of those guys. For years I was a PS guy with the thinking that if you play on the biggest site your opportunities to win the most money are at their highest. This is not necessarily true and I learned it the hard way. I moved to Unibet in March/April time and found it much more enjoyable. The smaller fields and (in theory) easy players are great for grinding out cashes. The issue I have with Unibet, and this is not their fault at all, is that the MTT side of things is really not that big. The big motivation for a lot of players to move to Unibet seems to be the rake structure in the cash games. That may not be the case but from 2+2 it always seems to be what people ask when they start their post with "i'm thinking of moving to Unibet..".

As a MTT player that doesn't really help me. I played an EPTLive freeroll on PS a week or two ago and finished 140th out of 10k players. It was woth 50 cents or something but getting through that many players is exciting to me and I just can't do that on Unibet. I have a week or so off where I can play from 10am onwards and the Unibet schedule at lunchtime/afternoon isn't the best. With that in mind I'm going to put £50 on EightEightEight and PokerParty so I can play some bigger field stuff and get crushed there as well as here :)

This may all change come January where I hope they introduce the rebuy MTTs and we get some juicy prize pools going. I won't be updating the off site action unless something magical happens so just consider those deposits a donation to the poker economy :)

Moving on Up is back in January so I'll be donating to the cash pool as well I expect 🆒. That's enough for me, it's taken me 2+ hours to type this on and off with replying to other things and playing so I need to stop typing. I should be back on Friday with todays and tomorrow actions :)

See ya then 🆒

• Like 6

Wednesday 28/12/16

This feels like a world away now so I'm running off the results again. Played a monster session it seems with 23 MTTs played in total :wow:. Only recorded 3 profitable results but I did record 12 hands I got knocked out with so I think this will be a bad beat special :)

Let's talk about the good stuff first. 11th place in the €4 Daily deepstack for €6 of profit. Next up was the bounty version of the deepstack where I picked up a bronze medal and a whopping 10 bounties. Knocked out 66 < J9 but with a small amount off €50 profit I couldn't complain. It's one of the biggest daily fields so it's always good to get through the majority of players and pick up a decent prize.

Deepstack tournies must have been my lucky charm because my last cash was in the €4 deepstack turbo. Managed to get heads up for the gold trophy but couldn't seal the deal. Not sure how I got knocked out but I did note that there was a A5 < 45 hand where the villain hit a straight on the river to cripple me. Another €37 profit though  to add to the day.

The rest of the day was a bust. I tried the midnight time €10 and €25 MTTs but busted them all again. Finished the night playing HU SnGs as I obviously didn't feel like I'd had enough punishment. Played 11, won 4

Profit for the day: -€19.94

Thursday 29/12/16

17 MTTs play, a single cash :( 4th in the deepstack turbo for €18. Had a couple other near misses for cashes but in general it was a poor day.

Profit for the day: -€38.33

Friday 30/12/16

Only played 3 tournies, busted them all. I'm pretty sure I was caught up in off site action so didn't really feel like playing on Unibet.

Profit for the day: -€7.00

Saturday 31/12/16

Did some strange things on NYE when it came to poker. I was at 95% complete to clear a stepin the bonus I had so I played some PLO10 to try and clear it. I ended up loasing just over a buy in but I did clear it so I lost €12 to get €20... so profitable, just 🤣

Only played 6 MTTs but managed to record some profit in 2 of them which wasa  good % ITM to finish the year. Scraped a min cash in the €1 deepstack bounty and then picked up a silver medal for 2nd place in the €4 bounty. The cash plus 7 heads netted €42 profit. Maybe a sign that 2017 might not be so bad on the felt :)

Profit for the day: €37.12

• Like 4

End of Month/Year review

December results

• +/- for the month: -€457.74 :Wow::Teardrop:
  • Days played: 26
  • Losing days: 15
  • Winning days: 11
  • Sessions/Games played - Cash: 37, SNGs: 31, MTTs: 279
  • ROIs - Cash: -13.04% , SNGs: 25.84% , MTTs: -21% 

** Full Results **

Even without the sloots degeneracy it's been a pretty terrible month. I've been due a batch of run bad after the year I had and I got it in full after the first week of December :(. The MTT ROI stat is a particularly horrible one to look at. Strangely I've played more MTTs this month than I did last month with the MTT league promo running. I've had a lot less patience this month and been a lot more punty when it comes to certain situations. The promo last month really made me focus on playing the best I could and I just didn't have that same drive this month. I think this was also a part of the reason I decided to deposit on some other sites and mix my play up. I've actually enjoyed playing on these other sites and although I think both deposits will be gone shortly (As I'm employing no BRM whatsoever) I know which one of the two I'll be moving some of my play to until there is another good MTT promo here on Unibet.

The other plus side to this is that I'm playing less tables. I feel more focused just now when playing as I'm only playing 2 tables on any one site at a time. A lot of the time in December I was just clicking buttons and not really thinking bout my decisions. In the last couple of days I've felt like I've been making better decisions and playing a lot better and I'm putting it down to limiting my tables and being more focused. There is no MTT promo for January but I still feel like I can focus on the games I do play and and start getting some more green boxes in the results column in 2017.

Profit since the start of the blog/recording results: €65.68

This is a complete lie. This number does not take into account the £900 deposit fiasco in October so in reality I'm down massively but in term of what is in my BR now compared to when I started there is more in there now. It's going to be a long way back to break even but I'm still confident I can pull it off [unibetFist]

Goals for January 2017

• Get out the hole and start playing with profit again
  • Finish top 3 in both Jackpot Hold'em tourneys (Live the dream)
  • Blog regularly and post hands for discussion and analysis that will be helpful to the community.
  • UO or UOUK qualification
  • Sunday Entitled Win

Goals are very simple for January and the foreseeable future to be honest.. play the best I can and try and grind out the results until we're back in the black. No more out of BRM punts, no games that will not results in BR boosts (UO/UOUK/Sat Stack/Sun Ent qualifiers off the table) and no more cash game jaunts that result in disaster. I will have to play some cash for Moving on Up but it'll just be NL/PLO4 only. I'll probably change the cash tickets for MTT ones if it's possible but I might play the PLO25 one ;)

Well, there you have it. 2016 blogging complete. I've never blogged about anything before or typed this much since school but I think it's gone alright. People seem to read it and I've got a shiny gold badge to mark that people enjoy it so I must be doing something right. If I'm completely honest I think I won Blog of the year by default because I just post a lot more often that than the other guys and I type way, way more. I don't think what I'm writing is any better than anyone else in the community and I actually think it's been at it's worst in the last month or so. I just feel like I've been typing bad beat stories in the same style and it's not been very interesting. I'm really excited for UO London because It'll give me something new to write about. The travel, the live game, the side event stuff and meeting community members.. all that stuff will provide more interesting content than "I played the Daily 4 again, got beat AA < 72" over and over. I suppose there is only so many ways you can describe sitting at your laptop for 5 hours and clicking buttons before you start repeating yourself or it gets boring but I like the challenge :Cool:.

Anyway, thanks for sticking around the typos, trawling through my ramblings each week and essentially making me €50 for voting for the blog :) Hopefully 2017 will have a few more :Cash:'s and a few more good stories to share.

:Hearts:

• Like 8