Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoreTBC Rank 22
Rank 22

** END OF MONTH REVIEW - December 2018 **

• +/- for the month: €68.66 (BR Total: €116.73)
  • Days played: 17
  • Losing days:9
  • Winning/Break Even days: 8
  • Sessions/Games played - Cash: 7, SNGs: 119, MTTs: 46
  • ROIs - Cash: -43.42% , SNGs: 22.04% , MTTs: -7.38%

Bit of a slow bleed to round the month (and the year off). Fired pretty big on the UOS main Sunday and came up back with nothing to show for it unfortunately. No other big wins of note either, just small winning days on Hexapro really. It's good to book a positive month to round off the year but it's not been one to remember on the poker front.

** End of Year Review **

Start BR (Jan 1st 201Cool: €1739.38

End BR (Dec 31st 201Cool: €116.57

Capture.PNG

2018 has been the complete opposite of 2017 on Unibet. I'll be honest and admit I don't really remember when or why the downfall started but there are a number of factors that probably assisted in creating the black run of a graph you see above.

Probably the best one was the introduction of Esmee aka BabyTBC into the world. Preparation for her arrival took time, money and energy (physical and mental) which meant sitting for 8-10 hours on a Sunday clicking buttons stopped being an option pretty quickly in 2018. A lot of the time I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to play and when I did, I was playing badly. It's taken me a long time to get into a rhythm where I can play again at a level close to what I used to by adjusting when I play and for how long but I think things are starting to fall into place so that I can maybe get that graph heading upwards one more time in 2019

Another factor was the slow decline in my passion for the Unibet product. It's well documented here that I believe the product has changed for the worse in the last 12 months and when you don't like something you feel negative when you use it. I'm still having way more fun on other clients playing big MTTs and other game formats and really struggle to find a reason to open the Unibet client. I'm hoping the UO/UK Tour schedules get released fairly soon so I can plan at least one poker trip and spark some motivation to play again. The death of the ticket exchange has made the prospect of qualifying a little less appealing but I've always had the best times at Unibet live events so I'd like to continue supporting them in 2019.

The final factor is that I'm just not a winning player anymore. I may never have been a winning player and just ran well for a year or two, it''s very hard to tell. I know for sure that just now I'm way behind the curve and it'#s going to be incredibly difficult to catch up given how little free time I'll have in the next few years. Luckily I've already come to terms with this idea and it's stopped really phasing me. Over the last month or so I've gone into any MTT I play knowing that at any point I may just need to sit out and do real world things which are more important. It's -ev for sure but that's OK. Sometimes you'll come back and still have stacks, sometimes you'll be in 10bb push/fold mode but either way I'm still playing a game I enjoy and getting anything back financially is a bonus. So much of the focus in poker is on the money and I think sometimes people forget about enjoyment and fun. If you take golf for example, 99% of players are losing players, they make no money from it and actually lose lots of money in equipment and fees every year. They just play it because it's fun and they enjoy it. That's essentially how I see poker now.

Having said that I'm not going out there to punt in 2019 and breaking even/winning is still the ultimate goal. In any spare time I do have I'm still going to be trying to watch training vids, reviewing hands and talking strat with the Discord boys. On Unibet specifically I still want to get to a point where I could withdraw knowing I'd have withdrawn more than I deposited. That's around the €700 mark so I think it's completely doable in a year even without huge volume. I've got 2x cash tickets to play through and both are currently above starting stack so if I ever get through the flop requirements that will be a few bi in the MTTs. Other than that I'll just plod through the missions each month and play MTTs when I have time. Not sure how I'll play it BRM-wise as it's a mental struggle to play €1 MTTs again and have to dodge all the craziness but it might be a good test of discipline. I'm going to play it by ear based on promos and drive really.

I've got some money on most of the major sites and am just going to continue to bounce around playing wherever has a decent promo or MTT series running. I've been making several deep runs in the Winter Series on PS over the last few weeks, including one in an NL08 PKO which was a lot of fun, so I feel a little better in my game getting through fields of 20k+ players to the last few hundred. There might be some hope yet, we'll see in 2019.

Before typing this out I had planned on finishing this post with the closure of the blog. It's been getting increasing harder to type these posts because of lack of content to talk about and lack of passion for doing it. I'm now on the fence. Looking back at what my BR used to be I'd really like to get it back. I have two tables of NL4 open while typing so I can work through the mission and cash tickets so there is some desire to work to a goal left Smile. I expect what will happen is I'll play on Unibet in between the MTT series running on other sites and see where it gets me. I'll be around for the UOS as well and hopefully another bounty promo if they do one.

If anyone has any honest feedback on the blog over the last few months or wants me to write about anything specific then let me know. I quite like writing stuff, I just need more subjects to write about Smile

There definitely be another post at some point, whether it's an update or a goodbye is a AKs vs QQ at this point Smile

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
UAC Rank 12
Rank 12

Hey @MoreTBC just been catching up on your year. Congrats on the new arrival!!

You're right that isn't the prettiest of graphs, but thank you for the openess and willingness to share! Your point about too much emphasis been out on money with regards to poker is correct, we should certainly play it because we enjoy it first and foremost.

Having said that, I get you in terms of wanting to build your roll back and get into profit on the site. It seems you have some gripes with Unibet, the majority are fair and warranted, having said that, every site has its faults. Look what the likes of stars have done over recent times, supernova elite for example.

I think you are more than capable of beating the games with a little work and determination. But I will also so that you very likely will not suvcesu without that determination and desire.

My advice, given your lifestyle would be to avoid MTTs, yes they're the most fun, offer the biggest returns and probably are the best value it is not going to work if you're walking away from the table etc. Plus the huge fields bring huge variance. Personally I would focus on STTs or cash, probably the latter, as you can come and go as you please, less short term variance and a nice heater could soon have your graph going the right way.

Whatever you decide, I'd love it (and I'm sure others too) if you continued to enjoy poker, play and keep the blog goimg.

Good luck mate!

ArtyMcFly Rank 15
Rank 15

Thanks for sharing your graph. I didn't realise it had gone so badly for you this year. Are you trying to become the whale of the day? Wink
Esmee has a lot of explaining to do, imo.

Inb4 Hexapro hexapro.