Poker triathlon promotion feedback

Stubbe-Unibet

Haven't thought much about the details yet, but for the next community poker promo I was thinking of including all game types, with 3 separate leaderboards and a total. Leaderboards would be something like this:

1. MTT: traditional community league style. Using formula instead of prize money
  2. Cash: largest stack (in BB) achieved at a table
  3. SNG 5 seat/HexaPro: highest winning streak/most games won in a row

Above just the first that came to mind, so I'm all ears, if you've got any ideas 🙂 

Instead of simple leaderboards, it could also be a knockout system etc. Everything is on the table.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I don't know if 2&3 brings any value if we talk about community poker and fun aspect of it. I assume those would be won by players that grind cash or sitngos anyhow???

I guess adding leaderboard to all mtt stakes compined wouldn't hurt anyone and might lure peeps to play all buy in mtts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I also agree, 2 and 3 bring nothing to community. If you want to add something alongside MTT community tournaments, make it like 1 or 2 hour long period when highest stack at some game + level (probably NL4) get extra prize and that people have to use their community aliases to participate.

Otherwise just stick with MTT community and make sure that twitch and chat are working :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Farseer said:

If you want to add something alongside MTT community tournaments, make it like 1 or 2 hour long period when highest stack at some game + level (probably NL4) get extra prize and that people have to use their community aliases to participate.

Or give free entrance to mtts to whoever got highest stack or best winning streak in some timeline like previous week(end). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 and 3 are not really up for discussion 😉 in regards to game types, only one that can be left out is MTT, but not sure that makes sense either 🙂

Almost all past promotions have been for MTT's, so it's to offer something different. I of course get that you MTT players don't like it and want all the value for yourself 😉

The "highest grinders" part is definitely not true either, if it's based on biggest stack and streak. If it was greatest profit, I'd get it, but a big stack at a single table can be achieved by anyone, and it generally will be for the more lose players 🙂

Do appreciate the feedback, but let's stick to the framework of all game types being included - this is not a replacement for traditional community leagues 🙂

• Like 2

But I think you can do it rather smoothly by arranging so that SNG / Hexa / Cash Game promos runs simultaneously with MTTs. Same person who is streaming on twitch can also stream those games, too!

Just don't do a stupid promo out of which only results some boring print screens being posted with stacks. It is not a good way to promote community.

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

If you play for hours everyday, i think it more likely to biggest stack/streak compared to someone to take a shot once a week. Sure anything can happen but odds favours grinders for sure.

But if this got nothing to do with this Community mtt my mistake 🙂

It's indeed not intended as a replacement for regular community league 🙂

1 hour ago, Farseer said:

"Everything is on the table".

Except worst and most flawed parts of promotion, I see 😃

Should have made it clear that the subject and description should be taken into consideration 😉 Everything is on the table; within the framework that is all game types to be included, in order to have cash, SNG and Hexa players join in as well 🙂

• Like 3

@Stubbe-UnibetUnibet🫂

Man, I'm so excited about the second half of the year and going forward. I feel like right meow there are only two companies that wanna make poker fun again and Unibet is one of the two. I hope it's going the Gaming Platforms (Steam, GOG, etc) way. Adding achievements, trophy cabinets, career stats, etc.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I totally support that there should be something for cash + SNG/hexa players, I just struggle to see how to create some system that would reward the 'community player'. I think the options mentioned are not bad, but not great either. So would be interesting if some brilliant mind came up with a great idea of how to create an exciting competition for everyone...

14 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Haven't thought much about the details yet, but for the next community poker promo I was thinking of including all game types, with 3 separate leaderboards and a total. Leaderboards would be something like this:

1. MTT: traditional community league style. Using formula instead of prize money

Above just the first that came to mind, so I'm all ears, if you've got any ideas 🙂 

Instead of simple leaderboards, it could also be a knockout system etc. Everything is on the table.

Thats a great idea! i like this more than what i`ve read so far on the community league topic that just ended. Not sure about the knockout system tho? how would that be in the last part of a league? would people that missed the first few rounds/weeks still have a chance for the overall leaderboard? or will there be a weekly one in the knockout system case?

On 6/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I like the idea of the triathlon aspect, each branch of the poker tree having seperate competitions and then an overall winner, but it's not going to be easy to score.

The mtt variety takes care of itself, probably a good idea to score using the formula as the number of entrants varies a fair bit, types may need tinkering with, but the cash and sng/Hexas may present a challenge. As pointed out, the grinders could have an unfair advantage, playing every day so having far more chances to build a stack in cash or a winning streak in sng's/Hexas. I suggest if the MTT league is run over three days each week, six weeks was about right, maybe the stack building cash event is only run on the Tuesday, you have to post that day's best stack only, the sng's on Wednesday, best winning streak only from that day, and Hexas on Thursday, again only that day's best run. This cuts out the chance of the regs/grinders having a poor specific day but being able to post any one day's run good which would naturally be expected over a long period.

As for the scoring. Each game type could be scored seperately for each seperate game type, the MTTs accordingly. As for cash, each player is only allowed to post one cash stack screenshot from that day's play, maybe up till the evening after that day's end, to cover those playing till midnight. The points could be straight forward, if there are 20 screenshots posted the winner gets 20 points, second gets 19 and so on. If in the second week there are 30 shots posted the leader for that day gets 30 points, second 29 and so on, so each week points are awarded as to how many enter each week, and added up towards the final table for that event. The same with SNGs and Hexas, best winning streak gets most points for that day's efforts. Therefore each seperate branch gets scored according to how many enter, all kept distinct from each other.

For the overall scoring, that might be a touch harder, but to reflect the popularity of each type I'd suggest a basic scoring. If there were 60 overall entries in the MTT, the leader at the end would score 60 points, down to 1 point for last place, the same for each game type, 40 entries gets 40 points for the winner, down to 1. This would reflect the popularity of each type of game in the overall rankings, obviously open to weightings or percentages or anything that may be fairer. 

Unfortunately some markets wouldn't be able to enter each competition and wouldn't be able to win the overall event, but at least may have something to play for. 

And please, absolutely definitely during a quiet period when there's not much else going on. Please. 🥳

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Thanks 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I've already spotted a flaw in the scoring.😢

The MTTs are three events so those with larger bankrolls are probably going to play all three nights, maybe best position in any league only to count to the overall event. It's complicated. 💥

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png