New MTT Schedule teaser thread

DavidP_Unibet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been instructed by Neil deGrasse Tyson to be his legal representative in the uk and he would like the following points addressed:

1. Mr Tysons own words "Are you kidding me with that avatar, are you f....g racist, are you f......g kidding me."

2. Why has Mr Tyson been given TRUMP hands. Why has a black man been given small white hands.

3. Where is the cheque for name and image rights.

I look forward to a quick response and a big cheque.

@DavidP_Unibet is like an atom. I never trust an atom because they make up everything.

@jonny2192 Yep, the qualifier tree is going to get an overhaul but not immediately (probably later in October). The plan will be to have generic 'live events' qualifiers up until a certain buyin level and players can then choose which live tour final they wish to play. It might mean some overlays in certain tour finals but it also gives country teams here an incentive to market their own tour more.

@pirahn I think the avatar is based on a meme and any reselblance to a certain US President should also be taken up with the meme creators. Ahem...

I have a request (and please excuse the terrible formatting below). Below are the other big tournaments surrounding the sunday major (mini-majors if you will). However, we'd like a low-stakes mini-major starting at the same time as The Big Bang but I'm putting it to the forum to join in the decision-making process. Feel free to fire away with ideas and suggestions :)

ReccurenceStart (CEST)NameGameEstimated Duration (minutes)Late reg (levels)Late reg (minutes)Table SizeStarting StackBlind lvl (min)Buy-in (€)TypeGuarantee
Sunday17:00€5,000 Cosmic RaysHoldem328108093,0008€ 10Unlimited rebuys € 5,000
Sunday18:00€5,000 Ice GiantHoldem35010100610,00010€ 25Progressive Bounty Freezeout€ 5,000
Sunday19:00€20,000 Big BangHoldem43210120912,00012€ 100Freezeout€ 20,000
Sunday19:00??Holdem  ???????
Sunday20:00€5,000 OdysseyHoldem4081012065,00012€ 50Re-Buy + Add-on€ 5,000
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@MoreTBC wrote:

+1 on not being keen on the Big Bang name.

Definitely open to suggestions on alternatives so feel free to keep them coming. Likewise for the other tournaments I have just listed and the yet TBC (excuse the pun) low stakes major.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Schedule looks good. 

1. Added prizes for winning mini and major. 

2. Bounties on ambassadors ie ticket for next week. Ambassadors should have different individual prizes. Try and create fun and banter as to who gets bigger bounties linked to community or social media. Prizes can be targeted to unibet specific needs.

To kick it off, a suggestion for promo. A big bounty prize on one of the "stars". To receive bounty, player must have made a contribution to social media ie retweet, join a stream on day, re post on facebook etc, or/and refer a friend.

Maybe a bigger comp for omaha players.

With such a big welcome change, interesting to know how qualifier sats will work. That scedule is as important if not more.

Oh boy this sounds awesome, and the space theme is pretty neat. Of course Lappin would be on board with a tournament being called the big BANG :laugh:

As @MetalWolf said maybe some stuff to acknowledge current space exploration events might be cool. Something like a Farewell Cassini smaller tournament after something bigger that has to do with Saturn, or maybe a last chance sattelite to it. Or anything. 

Some random space related names & ideas to toss around:

-Orion (the Hunter! - definately bounty related)
-Singularity (Winner takes it all SNG, don't know about the popularity of such ones, perhaps with deal making possible)
-Nemesis (Sounds like a heads up thing to me)
-Crown / Corona (A crown tournament or a big SNG, but the name corona does not rhyme well to me to poker, the idea is better than how it looks)

-Aurora / Solar wind
-Eclipse (Just a fun idea, play your hand blind, the table will be revealed afterwards. Again propably not a popular thing, just idea tossing around)
-Gravity
-Rogue star (You keep shuffling tables after every hand  played, probably not popular)

Just had my fun with toying around these. :D

I think there are various Astronomy terms that lend themselves to MTT names

*Goes off to Google*-

Meteor(ite) - Would be perfect for running two MTTs with the same structure at different buy-ins.

Asteroid

Atom - €0.10 or 0.01 MTT possibly

Black Hole - sounds a bit negative but might work for a deepstack

Comet

Eclipse (Used for another sites series)

Flare

Galaxy - Seems like a decent option for the Sunday Major as it's the 'biggest' thing. Milky Way sounds a little childish.

Nebula

Quasar

Shooting Star - Hyper turbo obviously

Supernova - I actually think this would be a perfect name for the Sunday major and then have the 'Nova' as the mini one.

Mini major should be €4 IMO and be roughly what the bullet is now just with a bigger starting stack and longer levels, Say 3k with 8min levels... basically the Cosmic Rays on the cheap. €2k seems a little too ambitious for a GTD so maybe 1.5k?

The space theme is also crying out for an 'Apollo' MTT series

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@DavidP_Unibet

Did I understand that correctly? There will only be 1 satellite series for all Unibet events? So UO, UK tour, Belgium and so on qualify through the same tournies? So is there a chance we get more daily 50 Euro satellites we can use to get into the Unibet Open?

Also, what about the satellites to the new Sunday tournaments? Could you gives us a sneak peak here...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@DreamFyre wrote:

They should all be changed to 50/50. I literally don't know anyone who likes the current bounty structure. 

As for the mini major, how about 4e 6max turbo with unlimited rebuys and hefty guarantee?

IMO Changing all of anything because one (or a few) people particularly like one format ain't that great. Diversity is better, you can get what you want, and others get what they want.

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@DreamFyre wrote:

They should all be changed to 50/50. I literally don't know anyone who likes the current bounty structure. 

As for the mini major, how about 4e 6max turbo with unlimited rebuys and hefty guarantee?

IMO Changing all of anything because one (or a few) people particularly like one format ain't that great. Diversity is better, you can get what you want, and others get what they want.

+1. The current payout scheme works better for recreational players. I'd just like to see a daily with a different structure.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@DreamFyre wrote:

+1 on the turbo level.

I see all the other big sunday MTT's have a duration of 5 hours plus. I would love to see a tournament with a good guaranteed prize pool like the other ones but with a faster pace (I'm thinking 5-6 min levels). I think it would be nice for all the players that have to go to work the next morning and don't want to stay up late. By doing so, they also can get the chance to play a Sunday (mini) Major with a nice prize pool without having to play for more than 5 hours. 

Would just like to say that I'm glad Unibet is going to push MTT's a lot harder. 

Random suggestion that popped into my head.  Once a month double the big Sunday offerings prizepool.  In the first week of each quarter increase it to 50k.  That seems high but if you were to add a ticket at the 50K Point level (similar to the 100k mark for UO) you'd pick up extra qualifiers.  Obviously that tourney would have more seats guaranteed.  A smaller satellite ticket could be given at a lower level (5k point could be a 4euro ticket).  If it was a re-entry 50k Unibet would need less players.  With a big build up of satellites and incorporating tickets for those sats in the missions (other promos like a sign up bonus) it could be reached.  This type of tourney would be truly thought of as a special tourney to look forward to a few times a year.

I'd like to see Unibet incorporate something like the Double trouble.  If a player fails to cash in 5 mtt's in row or something to that effect he gets a ticket for a weekly MTT freeroll.

I'd like to see Unibet move away from the Badlands promo.  I never really took part in them but instinctively it didn't seem to cause much of a stir.  I could be wrong.

@DavidP_Unibet

Really like the idea of satellite tickets being grouped together and seemed a popular idea when people were talking on twitch last night.

Would be also great if you let at least let the lower level tickets maybe upto 10e be used for any satellite game and not just live events, sure a lot of people would play for more different games then.

I tend not to start on a new route unless I have already got a ticket from missions or a promo, If I could use existing tickets to go the different routes I would play them all. 

I also prefer a faster game for a mini-major with a sub 10e buy in but wouldnt mind something a bit more expensive if the ability to sat in with existing tickets was  possible.

Also maybe add a low level sat that would be similar to the old 18 man 1e MTTs(with less players to start), so theres always a chance to play a game at any hour.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Archived