New MTT Schedule teaser thread

DavidP_Unibet

Kind of sat structure I would like:-

1-5-25-100-500-2500 as a turbo game, similar to the UK games and also retain the same steps for a slower played structure similat to UO2/10s
Or anything similar that makes for as even steps as possible.everything above is 5-1 excluding rake apart from the 25-100 step which is only 4-1 

1-5 let you get to final stage of any MTT sat system

100 you can carry on or use as sunday major buy in or a UK final buy in if you dont like idea below.
500 you can carry on or exchange for a UK package.

2500 so the UO package can have all meals for guest.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jonny2192 wrote:

1-5-25-100-500-2500 as a turbo game, similar to the UK games and also retain the same steps for a slower played structure similat to UO2/10s

Or anything similar that makes for as even steps as possible.everything above is 5-1 excluding rake apart from the 25-100 step which is only 4-1 

100 you can carry on or use as sunday major buy in or a UK final buy in if you dont like idea below.

About the 2500 package, paying 500€ more for a package and not bringing a guest kinda sucks tho. Paying 500€ for meals kinda sucks too :Haha: . But I can also see how going to a destination like the EO this year in a super expensive hotel with super expensive meals can suck for someone bringing a guest since it doesn't cover the guest and if you want to eat cheaper with that guest you will have to give up on your free meals with no refunds. Personally I'm more of a fan of letting people choose what they do and where they stay and where they eat with their package value. Some people like trying out the restaurants where they travel, some prefer the hotel buffet, some people travel alone, some with another person, some with a larger family, some with a group of friends. And having a standard offer that unibet can arrange for them as well. But idk if something like that could even work since deals are probably made for a large amount of rooms and prebooked, and if they weren't then late qualifiers would probably miss out if they want the original UO experiance. 

As for the satties, diversity would be nice, turbo ones, slower ones, shallowstacked, deepstacked, 1 in 5 ones, personally I really enjoy the 1 in 10 ones too or the UO 10 multibuy to 250, they're really exciting and not as much of a DON like game, but obviously not everyone's cup of tea. So yeah, diversity :Smile:

I'm also wondering about the 25 to 100 steps (1 in 4), they worked well-ish in the uk tours due to multiple seats GTD and low amount of players needed to start and often overlays, small nowadays but still. I wonder how they would do as a general structure with no overlay, how attractive they would be to someone wanting to qualify to the next step so they actually register. And the profitability as well, but the last part is mostly based on my results orientated bad experience in the 1 seat GTDs (and mostly where that seat was 90€ not 100 :Smile: ) and might not be an issue at all,  just wondering, since nobody likes a raketrap (games where nobody wins long term) but this might not be such a case, just hard to know exactly without proper stats, but I assume Unibet does have very comprehensive stats on all their games and will use that to design the best experience for their players :Ok:

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@jonny2192 wrote:

About the 2500 package, paying 500€ more for a package and not bringing a guest kinda sucks tho. Paying 500€ for meals kinda sucks too :haha: . But I can also see how going to a destination like the EO this year in a super expensive hotel with super expensive meals can suck for someone bringing a guest since it doesn't cover the guest and if you want to eat cheaper with that guest you will have to give up on your free meals with no refunds. Personally I'm more of a fan of letting people choose what they do and where they stay and where they eat with their package value. Some people like trying out the restaurants where they travel, some prefer the hotel buffet, some people travel alone, some with another person, some with a larger family, some with a group of friends. And having a standard offer that unibet can arrange for them as well. But idk if something like that could even work since deals are probably made for a large amount of rooms and prebooked, and if they weren't then late qualifiers would probably miss out if they want the original UO experiance. 

As for the satties, diversity would be nice, turbo ones, slower ones, shallowstacked, deepstacked, 1 in 5 ones, personally I really enjoy the 1 in 10 ones too or the UO 10 multibuy to 250, they're really exciting and not as much of a DON like game, but obviously not everyone's cup of tea. So yeah, diversity 😃

I'm also wondering about the 25 to 100 steps (1 in 4), they worked well-ish in the uk tours due to multiple seats GTD and low amount of players needed to start and often overlays, small nowadays but still. I wonder how they would do as a general structure with no overlay, how attractive they would be to someone wanting to qualify to the next step so they actually register. And the profitability as well, but the last part is mostly based on my results orientated bad experience in the 1 seat GTDs (and mostly where that seat was 90€ not 100 😃 ) and might not be an issue at all,  just wondering, since nobody likes a raketrap (games where nobody wins long term) but this might not be such a case, just hard to know exactly without proper stats, but I assume Unibet does have very comprehensive stats on all their games and will use that to design the best experience for their players 🆗

With UO package, i would prob prefer to book my own hotel and wouldnt really stay in one of them very expensive ones. I didnt necessarilly mean all the 500 went to the meals but maybe a bit extra to the expenses aswell. I prefer to take a guest but dont want to be out of pocket to do it so anyway that would make that possible is fine by me.

Diversity is good, I agree not that keen on the 10-1 games though(even though I do like 10 UK last chance but I think that is more cos I had lots of tickets).

I always prefered and did better at the 1 seat guaranteed than the multi seat guarantee, especially when there are a few of your money back prizes. Once in the money my nerves go away :)

Maybe swap the 4/1 spot so 5 to 20 to 100 or even 1-4-20-100, so the early step is the easiest and if you wanted a shorter route. 1-10-100(not sure how to go after that)

Sure whatever it ends up being it will be well thought out and we will all manage to get some wins.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Six pages and nobody's suggested a tourney called the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. I'm hugely disappointed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new structure though and I really like the idea of a 'steps' based broad satellite system that feeds into a final for a live or online event of your choice.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Some replies to individuals below, before that some more info on theme and naming convention. I didn't realise Big Bang was still in use elsewhere so we'll scrap that name - seems that it's not too popular here either. Sunday Supernova is tricky because it used to be a Stars name and anyone typiing 'supernova poker' into Google is not going to find our tournament :)

The other names we have so far for different formats, feel free to 'yay' or 'nay' them:

Freezeout - Singularity

Unlimited Rebuy - Multiverse

Set Rebuy + Addon - Meteor Shower

Turbo - Fireball

Bounty - Shooting Star

Re-entry - Wormhole

@pirahn

• A major for PLO players makes sense but I think I'll wait until the new Tournament Manager starts so that he can add that.
  • Likewise with bounties on ambassadors, agree with it but will wait for the new guy to start.

@Tillus

• Sunday Entitled will be removed, leftover tickets will be exchanged for tickets to the new Sunday Major

@EatMoreNaga

• Calculated by working out when there will be around 50bb left in play, based on expected number of players (according to the guarantee). Main reason to calculate it is to ensure that the schedule flows smoothly and we aren’t encouraging players to enter tournaments that take 5 hours to complete at 23:00.
  • There will be sats for generic €10 and €25 tickets and sats to the Sunday major

@MoreTBC

• We will have a mix of PKO (not all 75/25)

@WuDu

• Yep, there will only be one qualifier series for all events. It should mean more liquidity at all levels below the final but that the finals of some local events may suffer in the short-term. Long-term solutions for us are to get country teams to promote their respective tours more and some dedicated qualifiers added when we need to.
  • No sneak peaks for qualifiers to the new Sunday MTTs yet, should have them to share by the end of the week

@BroederTuck

• Good point, I think a €4 turbo mini-major looks like the most popular choice

@Sect7G

• Any changes to Challenges couldn’t be implemented until Jan (we've already configured Q4) but I like the suggestion. Perhaps there are other ways we could increase the prizepool periodically.
  • Double Trouble for MTTs at some point seems like a no-brainer, same with SNGs. We just have to spec it out at our end.
  • Agreed with Badlands promo, it’s actually part of a Wild West promo series we ran back in 2015 that we re-used as we were light on MTT promos. Now that there will be a member of the team dedicated to MTTs we’ll see some new promos and MTT series over time.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Could we get a quickish €1 unlimited rebuy in the daily schedule? Most other sites seems to have a €500 or €1k GTD one of these that run in the evenings. The €1 deepstack get's close to 200 runners most of the time so a €500 pot should be easy enough to achieve with R/A.

Call it a meteor shower or asteroid belt, something to represent lots of little things. Maybe the molecule or atom.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

To me the names multiverse & meteor shower sound a bit too "forced" to get something going on to fit that space theme maybe because they don't seem to rhyme that well,  but that's just me. No quarrel. :)

Just tossing out other names, not to replace but if there could be some use for later ideas: Shockwave, Spiral, Flash, Abyss, Twin star, Star ray, x radius (insert whatever instead of x like star/black/gold), Symphony etc.

@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

@WuDu

• Yep, there will only be one qualifier series for all events. It should mean more liquidity at all levels below the final but that the finals of some local events may suffer in the short-term. Long-term solutions for us are to get country teams to promote their respective tours more and some dedicated qualifiers added when we need to.
  • No sneak peaks for qualifiers to the new Sunday MTTs yet, should have them to share by the end of the week

giphy-downsized-large

In all seriousness, it would be great to get a look at the future satellites. I think a lot of players are sitting on a bunch of different tickets (myself included), be it UO, UK or SE, SS, and would like to plan ahead. Maybe the satellite regs could also give you additional input regarding the schedule etc...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Freezeout - tech error3:-) Stellar evolution

Unlimited Rebuy - The Apollo Missions

Set Rebuy + Addon -Karman Line ( includes: Troposphere:buyin+stratosphere:rebuy+Mezophere:addon)

Turbo - hyperdrive

Bounty - Mars Attacks!

Re-entry - Good Luck, Mr. Gorsky!

An idea for a Sunday special name 

The sunday Star Destroyer (implying that you'll destroy stars :p )

No but seriously, since supernova can't be the name.

Sunday Celestial (as in celestial body) sounds good and isn't hard to remember :D

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Sorry for the lack of spoilers since my last post. The new Tournament Manager starts tomorrow and we'll be quite busy over the next few days finalising certain aspects of the schedule and implementing everything in the back office. The whole schedule is getting an overhaul so it's quite a lot of work alongside our regular day to day tasks.

I'll come back in here on Saturday and give a final update before we go live and after that I think it will be Leo (new Tournament Manager) who'll be taking over and trying to collect MTT feedback from you guys. We have provisionally renamed the Big Bang to the Supernova though.   

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

I should add that although the whole schedule is getting an overhaul, we aren't going to try to dictate a new schedule to you. David Vanderheyden leaked a draft of the full schedule in his stream earlier and it was pointed out that we had removed the €25 bounty MTT without a suitable replacement (we have now added a similar replacement).

We'll be optimising the new schedule continously and it doesn't require much notice for us to add new new tournaments. If there is a demand for something on the schedule that enough players feel is missing then it's very likely it will be added quickly. 

― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Archived