rng is different level here isnt it

image.jpeg.55d5bb17472cb8d924acc8c91cfc5f67.jpegimage.jpeg.b7134fc207fcda028b7b4530f322af27.jpegimage.jpeg.5365e69d6ad88bbd2e2f400bf766cbf0.jpegimage.jpeg.ce54e02a8c38b82412ffaef002d030c6.jpeg

I guess its another 1 of those days, hopefully session improves!

It would be interesting to compare 3 or 4 million hands here vs other sites but you wont let customers export their hand histories

My advice is you should just stop playing here. Last year I had the same feeling about the games, it really felt like something is not right. I don't know if it was just a very bad run or if there was some kind of foul play going on. I just wasn't able to win like I used to anymore even though the games seemed to be very very soft. There were a lot of absurd plays by my opponents yet they ended up winning suspiciously often. Before I was winning player at unibet for about 4-5 years.

Now I have been playing elsewhere for almost 6 months and I have never had this "something is not right" feeling since then. And my "downswing" which lasted for months stopped instantly when I moved my games elsewhere. I do not have any proof or know if there was something fishy going on, even though it felt like that. I might give unibet another chance at some point, but for now quitting unibet was the best poker related decision I have done for years.

There have been shady stuff going on with poker sites over the years, sometimes the sites didn't even know about it. Moving your games elsewhere is always the safest way to go if you have suspicion something is not right.

Posted (edited)

@Tekes Can confirm everything you said, about 8 years ago I have noticed the exact same thing, and then I started copying the winning strategies, just staking off preflop for hundreds of BB with T6, T2o , 32o, 72 any suit, and since then I've had a winstreak like I've never had before, 92 consecutive winning months, and the winnings have increased over time. So if you've also figured out this strategy, please go to another site, this is my site now, I do not want to share my winnings with other observant people that understand the algorithm. I guarantee you, I WILL HAVE a worse hand and I will win, if you try to replicate my strategy. 😡

On a more serious note, it is good advice, if you feel like something is not right and is affecting your mental health, move to another site, not worth the mental anguish. I was serious about the first part too but even more serious about this. 😉

Edited by FeelsBadMan
  • Haha 5

I actually have a far simpler strategy on the cash tables. If two players (or more ) go all in and I KNOW I have the worst hand, 72o, 93o, 75o, etc etc etc then I simply call, KNOWING that their AKs, JJ, or even AA are absolute toast and can never ever EVER win. 

It Could Work Gene Wilder GIF by Laff

IT DOES WORK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

On 04/05/2024 at 12:31, GR1ZZL3R said:

I actually have a far simpler strategy on the cash tables. If two players (or more ) go all in and I KNOW I have the worst hand, 72o, 93o, 75o, etc etc etc then I simply call, KNOWING that their AKs, JJ, or even AA are absolute toast and can never ever EVER win. 

It Could Work Gene Wilder GIF by Laff

IT DOES WORK.

And you wonder why you are losing LOL. 

if you win 3 times with 72 because of this scenario, if thats a worth proof for anyone ... its just absolutely crazy. .... Well we wonder why recs cant win. 😄 If strats like these are the answer , on a serious note, I ll just keep taking that money. Its also probably the reason why I see 4bet calls with 54o vs my goods and people just punting even at Supernova 100 . 😄 ... dont study, dont use math. Just jam 93o and 72s - wins will skyrocket! Specially vs 3 people!

4 hours ago, Estzen said:

And you wonder why you are losing LOL. 

if you win 3 times with 72 because of this scenario, if thats a worth proof for anyone ... its just absolutely crazy. .... Well we wonder why recs cant win. 😄 If strats like these are the answer , on a serious note, I ll just keep taking that money. Its also probably the reason why I see 4bet calls with 54o vs my goods and people just punting even at Supernova 100 . 😄 ... dont study, dont use math. Just jam 93o and 72s - wins will skyrocket! Specially vs 3 people!

I'm not sure sarcasm travels very well. 😂

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

not today. obv do not believe theres something suspicious, but very weird losing every of the few big pots where people are calling off or jamming with 5-20 %

Edited by idioten

20 hours ago, idioten said:

three times today with pocket kings aipf and losing, all three times to a straight (vs K9o, 99, JQo). yes i am running good, really good. 

Banzai has one of the biggest variances. I've lost 20+ all-ins in a row multiple times. Also, the bad beats happen so fast due to the nature of the format, it can really affect your mental game. So the best approach, in my opinion, is to accept that every time you choose to play it, you might get bad beats, lots of them, endlessly 🥶

• Like 2
Better to be lucky than good.

I'll repeat the instructions even though I don't always follow them myself!

If you're sure you have the worst hand you should call, especially if it is or you think it's going to be 3 way.   image.thumb.png.70c69c5caa2844b085b759e9b8e18b40.png

image.thumb.png.36e2bbeb31e430d8e34fa82f8fb6128b.png

Regrets, I've had a few. 😄

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Esir said:

Banzai has one of the biggest variances. I've lost 20+ all-ins in a row multiple times. Also, the bad beats happen so fast due to the nature of the format, it can really affect your mental game. So the best approach, in my opinion, is to accept that every time you choose to play it, you might get bad beats, lots of them, endlessly 🥶

Yes, you are right. However, only one of the KKs i mentioned was in banzai, the two others in MTTs. But you are of course right

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very tilting when people have been playing in a MTT for the longest time, then jams J5s for 25 bigs, you call of with AKo with your 75 BB stack and then lose. Of course, statistically you should lose 1/3 of the times, but what the actual fuck is the play? 

Edited by idioten

1 hour ago, idioten said:

but what the actual fuck is the play? 

This i have wondered many times too. Don't make any sense when player has played long time good poker and suddenly jams with crap and so often hitting with them too.

I see it as a far from rare tactic. You play tight for two hours then when you do make a move the general opinion is you must have something, but... not sure I'd jam so wide. Of course it could be he was bored or distracted or didn't realise it would play so long and wanted to get to the pub or... whatever. 🤔

Posted (edited)

Yes, probably bored. But how do you call 70 bigs here, also with a all inn caller?  The 9320 guy had 70 bigs, I had 40 ish.This was not some random tourney either, it was a major...  He has of course both covered, but still, 1/3 of the stack with a hand where you practically are drawing to a 7 which is not a diamond. Must be knowing something? Maybe just an extremly wide player, called a 3-bet of 12 bigs preflop as well. I do however fell it is a bit weird. 

goodcall.jpg

good call 2.jpg

Edited by idioten