Poker only

Wokeyedwill

5 minutes ago, Estzen said:

@Pionrj I dont consider small samplesizes much of beating. You do seems like. 

I didnt compare games I compared a mindset of overconfident and wishful-thinking side of brains. 

You didn't google that. 

Do you know what is Arbitrage?

Yes I do understand econonomics and how money exchanges and bookers make money. 

I really dont think theres much to beat that bush around. You still havent grasped the 2nd part which was written by me with 3 lines. All you did was read 1 and tell me that Im an idiot. Have a nice day sir. 

2 minutes ago, Estzen said:

You still havent grasped the 2nd part which was written by me with 3 lines.

I don't really see what is there to grasp about? Could you help me with that.

I didn't tell you that you are an idiot. I don't think that Merenitsu is an idiot. I think that you both are too proud to study when there's something you don't know and you keep just squeezing that shit between your hands tighter even when you should just let it go, wash your hands and find some new shit.

And you clearly don't know what is Arbitrage when we talk about betting.

I wish you a nice day too. Don't be offended by my words. They are just words.

8 hours ago, Pionrj said:

Didn't mean that you're a bad player. I just play way different style. At least the tourneys I've played with you at the same table. I play less hands and more aggressive when I play. And I think I'm pretty good on exploiting other players. 

If I remember right, you limp/flat alot. I limp/flat maybe 10% of the hands I play. And it's always only if I get to play the post flop from position or if the price is ridiculous from blinds. 

I can't send anymore likes 🙄😃

17 hours ago, Pionrj said:

That's Merenitsu level too. You are comparing a -EV game to a skill game. 

Just make me (and yourself) a favour and Google Arbitrage betting odds. Open a few links and you might notice, that you can make money with betting even without any knowledge. Now a huge amount, but still profit. After that, just try to think, could it be possible to beat these bookmakers with some work, when you can beat them without any work. 

I think I need to get my eyes checked. I thought I read something about arbitrage betting and "making profit"...👓 These arbitrage clowns are the betting version of freeroll hunters in poker. 😆

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

56 minutes ago, WuDu said:

These arbitrage clowns are the betting version of freeroll hunters in poker.

How is that? I don't bet any Arbitrages, but many of the Pros do, because it's a 100% sure income. Just checked and the top arbitrage atm gives you a 12% win. It's not like the guys who live with betting make millions. No, they are like most of the poker grinders and make decent living. 

@Wokeyedwill Well done and good luck bro. And regarding the sportbooks argument that is going on in the comments, real pro sports bettors are mainly using arbitrage to generate the majority of their profit if not all of it. Betting on things you think are going to win is what punters do, and betting with inside info is what crooks do.

Edited by Samba
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Pionrj said:

How is that? I don't bet any Arbitrages, but many of the Pros do, because it's a 100% sure income. Just checked and the top arbitrage atm gives you a 12% win. It's not like the guys who live with betting make millions. No, they are like most of the poker grinders and make decent living. 

That would be ML or AH odds of 2,24 vs 2,24.

https://www.oddsportal.com/news/sure-betting-risks-explained-16/

If some Ukranian decides to sit in a public library for most of the day, using his time to make a few cents betting on Brazilian women's basketball because he found an arbitrage opportunity, so be it. However I wouldn't call him a "pro"... 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

49 minutes ago, WuDu said:

If some Ukranian decides to sit in a public library for most of the day, using his time to make a few cents betting on Brazilian women's basketball because he found an arbitrage opportunity, so be it. However I wouldn't call him a "pro"... 

Like I said, some of the Pros makes also Arbitrage bets. And that whole thing was not the point. It was only to so Estzen that those bookmakers counts odds wrong daily and that's how it's possible for the pros to make money in the long run. They just know some things better. Just for example, one of my friend bets NFL and is very deticated. Couple weeks ago he sent me a message, to make a bet fast because the odds are going to change very soon bc one teams QB got the covid. I was not fast enough, but he made a few k only by cashing out that bet 2 hours later.

1 hour ago, Pionrj said:

Like I said, some of the Pros makes also Arbitrage bets. And that whole thing was not the point. It was only to so Estzen that those bookmakers counts odds wrong daily and that's how it's possible for the pros to make money in the long run. They just know some things better. Just for example, one of my friend bets NFL and is very deticated. Couple weeks ago he sent me a message, to make a bet fast because the odds are going to change very soon bc one teams QB got the covid. I was not fast enough, but he made a few k only by cashing out that bet 2 hours later.

Good for your friend, but that's not a typical arbitrage bet. He anticipated dropping odds and won, however for the time being he was risking a few thousand Euros. What if the info was wrong? A nice move, but far from being risk free.

If we're talking about pros, we must talk about brokers/agents and similar to what @cris1285 said, there are Asian bookies out there that simply void your winning arbitrage bet and keep your losing one. 😆 

46 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Good for your friend, but that's not a typical arbitrage bet. He anticipated dropping odds and won, however for the time being he was risking a few thousand Euros. What if the info was wrong? A nice move, but far from being risk free.

No, I didn't even mean that it was an arbitrage. It was just another example, how you can beat bookmakers. Know and react faster.

11 hours ago, Pionrj said:

No, I didn't even mean that it was an arbitrage. It was just another example, how you can beat bookmakers. Know and react faster.

Sure, I never contended that bookies can be beat. Most of the time only for selected leagues/events. However to be considered a "pro" (this term is completely watered down in betting/poker), you either have to be an expert in a selected field or you must have developed a model/system that gives you more accurate odds than the Asian bookies and the general public come up with.

The arbitrage-"pros" playing on bwin and coolbet to make a few sure cents betting on Japanese college volleyball for women are not really pros.

3 minutes ago, WuDu said:

Sure, I never contended that bookies can be beat. Most of the time only for selected leagues/events. However to be considered a "pro" (this term is completely watered down in betting/poker), you either have to be an expert in a selected field or you must have developed a model/system that gives you more accurate odds than the Asian bookies and the general public come up with.

The arbitrage-"pros" playing on bwin and coolbet to make a few sure cents betting on Japanese college volleyball for women are not really pros.

So we think about the same of this. I never said, that Arbitrage bettors are some kind of pros. I said that some pros bet also on arbitrages. It was only to show, that bookmakers makes mistakes(daily) and that's why it's possible to beat them. This was something Estzer said that is not possible in long run. Which is just bs. 

Fair enough. However there's a difference between beating bookies once in a while and doing so on a regular basis with 1000s of bets being placed. 

5 hours ago, Pionrj said:

So we think about the same of this. I never said, that Arbitrage bettors are some kind of pros. I said that some pros bet also on arbitrages. It was only to show, that bookmakers makes mistakes(daily) and that's why it's possible to beat them. This was something Estzer said that is not possible in long run. Which is just bs. 

I never had such a position. Its rather your inability to read what the other side is sayng. Go and read what was being said. 

And in sense of that exchange, dont bother to think we go for some other round. Because im not gonna do it after seeing from that attitude, that you are kinda arguing guy. So its pretty pointless for me in any sense. 

But for clarity I repeat again. That which you have implied to me, has NEVER been my position.