Cant open the Uni client after update!

Yoggiboss

@Stubbe-Unibet  I'm still unable to install it. Tried all uploaded versions even the x32 one (installed in the x86 folder). Just downloaded the official one from the site hoping it's updated, but the timestamp is from 14.09... Nevertheless gave it try and still getting this:

CC.png.5f29fc5d9549a907655fe8524d38fb1e.png

When I tried to install VC_redist.x64 which couldn't find by Use source/Browse, but did separately got this message:

CCC.png.5ce831172b32b4b3a18e3bf3feaf57e9.png

And when despite all tried to open the client from its folder got this error:

VCR.png.e47abeb0651823008c96d6a3b51b03a8.png

I'm on Windows 7 x64, so not only the 32 bit ones are affected...

I remember having the same issue few years ago. I'm not sure if it was with Unibet or other poker client, or maybe some game, but it took me much time and effort to make it work. Since nowadays the Windows 7 is quite neglected, I don't dare to uninstall and install fresh copies of all the redistributables(which solved the problem then). It might be hard to find them in first place. I have found only 3 2017s on my PC and the older ones below 2013 are missing from ProgramData/Package Cache although so I prefer not to uninstall them and install the newer one, although it might do the trick. I'd rather have the original installer(14.29.13033) which I think Relax forgot to implement in this version 🤔

So if someone has alternative links to  Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Minimum Runtime 14.29.13033 or make a search and find it in the Package Cache, please share it with me. A search hint:

VC.thumb.png.91ee82eb3c9b402ea0ac36e8d699532f.png

@Stubbe-Unibet it will be great if you could provide me with a special built which doesn't require install, like the ones for bug-hunting or even better Relax to make new official installer and hopefully before 19.10 when the next release is planned.

I'll kindly ask the guys which got the fix to look into C:/Program Data/Package Cache and to check or better search for vc_runtimeMinimum_x64. I did  it like this:

If they found the desired file it will save me a lot of troubles. Otherwise I need to wait till 19.10(still not sure I'll get a fix). 

Another option is to try highly unpredictable uninstall/reinstall of most of the VC_redist I did before, but for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013.

The last one is to switch to Win10, but even then I'm not sure if the problem won't appear despite the transition which I have reasons to postpone some more.

So again @Markopolo , @HardGain, @Yoggiboss

I'll kindly ask the guys which got the fix to look into C:/Program Data/Package Cache and to check or better search for vc_runtimeMinimum_x64, I did  it like this:

VC.thumb.png.02452d779160e7219e65649825c19f39.png

If they found the desired file it will save me a lot of troubles. Otherwise I need to wait till 19.10(still not sure I'll get a fix). 

Another option is to try highly unpredictable unisntal/reinstall of most of the VC_redist I did before, but for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013.

The last one is to switch to Win10, but even then I'm not sure if the problem won't appear despite the transition which I have reasons to postpone some more.

So again @Markopolo , @HardGain, Yoggiboss, please share the file if you have it. Another compute savvy members with some ideas or experienced similar issues -  help me if you can, please.

Edited by GothMoth

Thanks for your time and effort @HardGain 🙂

I have few ideas described in my post above, but these are my last choices...

I even might get SSD and install Win 10 on it thus preserving my Win 7 until I got a new laptop. Not sure if it will give me a boot option to choose between systems , but I need a faster disc anyway.

I guess only the guys with x64 may have the exact vc_runtimeMinimum_x64. I forgot to mention that in order to check if it's Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Minimum Runtime 14.29.13033 the file has to be open.

@pinki do you have any advice, mate?

@GothMothI had some problems with Visual C++ in new system a month a ago: some missing .dll.

try to remove everything you have related to Vc++ and install the latest 64-bit version. I have no problems at the moment on WIN 7

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-160

image.png.2581c779c7c5eae207094bb3de81788d.png

Edited by pinki
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

4 hours ago, GothMoth said:

I even might get SSD and install Win 10 on it thus preserving my Win 7

The fact ppl in general experiences all kinds of technical troubles in the past.. how the hell you still on w7?? 🤔

No shit, no wonder the Langolieers will eat and consume all 😄

Your win 7 pc will vanish. Better to just adapt into new world.

• Haha 1

@Rushbie  I was planning to buy a new laptop for years, as mine is from 2012 and to install Win10 on the new one. However it still works fine and I felt no need to upgrade or update anything( except the system updates and drivers).

@pinki  the fact that I'm still on HDD is for similar reasons due to my very basic needs. I acknowledge the benefits of SSD, but even when I played at PS and run HM2 with database of almost million hands, my hard disc performance was decent.

To be honest the main reason after all is that I'm playing a game which is supported up to Windows 7 & 8. I should search the forums to see if it could be run on 10 using compatibility mode and also to preserve my saves. Maybe I'll make a marathon this weekend and finally finish it. I use to play from time to time, mainly because it's the last of the trilogy and don't want to rush through it. Also if it was available on Android like the first two I would have finished it months ago, but seating in front of monitor after long poker session isn't much fun, despite the game(s) being great...

Actually there is a 75% discount on Steam and it's only €5 🙂 

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition 😎

• Like 2