New Unibet Poker Client

Andrew

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this. I've been quite critical recently of the client and the high resources it demands in comparison to other poker sites. If the new version provides a more stable client then Unibet will be everything I want in a poker site.

I initially thought this was a topic about the old client, but no, you are doing something new :cattongue:. Losing Adobe Air is great, lighter client is always better in my book.   

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@nutpeddler wrote:

Good to hear there's a lighter client coming. I've had a couple disconnects while my network still seemed to work normally, if this is CPU related I find it rather unreasonable that a poker client has problems on an i5-6500 powered box.

It depends what else you're running.  I had someone say the client was too slow and that they had trouble while they were playing on 3 other sites at the same time, it was only Unibet that didn't work.  That's CPU lag - if you have a lot of stuff running, the heaviest applications will have the most trouble.  There also appear to be some weird interactions where the Unibet client runs much slower than it should on some machines, it's unclear what and it's not something we can fix in any case, as these are Adobe Air bugs.  Anyway, those days should be behind us soon.

@MoreTBC wrote:

Is the closed beta going to be open for applications or is it closed as in internal closed?

We're ironing the details out at the moment, but it'll be closed at the start at least.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

@MoreTBC wrote:

Is the closed beta going to be open for applications or is it closed as in internal closed?

We're ironing the details out at the moment, but it'll be closed at the start at least.

Would love to get involved if possible. There's probably a few of us here that have done beta testing in the past/currently that could help iron out any bugs :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

+1 for testing. It would be cool if the community was involved at some point in the testing phase. Having poker players test it could end up giving some decent feedback on what poker players like and don't like with how the software works. Also having random people testing from all sorts of systems and internet connections and countries can help iron out a bunch of those really weird and specific bugs that only happen to some people. I guess all this feedback can be collected after the software is completely released as well, but I'm sure everyone, Unibet and players, would prefer having most issues solved before that happens :) 

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

Hopefully it will have the option to write player notes, and a decent hand history replayer.

Hopefully not. Both would effect recreational players negatively.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@h3llb0y wrote:

hello,

tell us if this new version have chat or not :)

99.9% chance no chat. It's not beneficial for the atmosphere Unibet are pushing for.

I debate

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

Hopefully it will have the option to write player notes, and a decent hand history replayer.

why do you play on Unibet? as it was said so many times : no hud , no other tracking device , no player notes , no player colours , no chat , no anything related with what should be called a rec environment.

if you want all the above you know ehre to find them .stop asking for this craps

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

+1 for testing. It would be cool if the community was involved at some point in the testing phase. Having poker players test it could end up giving some decent feedback on what poker players like and don't like with how the software works. Also having random people testing from all sorts of systems and internet connections and countries can help iron out a bunch of those really weird and specific bugs that only happen to some people. I guess all this feedback can be collected after the software is completely released as well, but I'm sure everyone, Unibet and players, would prefer having most issues solved before that happens :) 

It would be quite smart of Unibet to use the community for this and maybe arrange some sort of "bug checking community freeroll", where everyone can report problems as they find them directly into bug report thread and/or temporary chat on the community. With only a small prizepool, of course, because the main object would be to check for bugs and make sure everything works, and people might get too distracted otherwise. :smileyhappy:

@polarbear wrote:

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

why do you play on Unibet? as it was said so many times : no hud , no other tracking device , no player notes , no player colours , no chat , no anything related with what should be called a rec environment.

if you want all the above you know ehre to find them .stop asking for this craps

ok, calm down!

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

@Magicadil wrote:

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

I politely disagree; I don't think recreational players give a monkey's about either. .

And that's exactly why they're at a disadvantage. Recreational players won't use but the more experienced players will have notes/hand history information, & can exploit leaks in the Recs. By adding notes & hand history replayer you're just widening the gap between the pros and recs.

I debate

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

I see you play a fair amount of poker. Are you saying you want to keep the recreational players on the site so you can take their money?

I have lost thousands over the years, but I really want to get better; so I thought taking notes might help?

What makes unibet unique is it caters to recreational players. It takes all the elements away like HUDs etc, that would give anyone a decent sized advantage. I am in no ways a pro, & even though I play a fair amount of poker, I consider myself a recreational player. There are many sites (Stars, 888, Party, etc) That allow HUDs, Hand Histories, Chat, etc but Unibet is taking a different approach. I play on multiple sites, but the reason I gravitate towards Unibet is that I know everyone is playing on an equal playing field.

Taking notes will only help against the player you have notes on. It won't improve your game too drastically in other scenerios. If you want to improve I recommend watching streams (Jason Somerville's would be best), learn from Youtube videos, articles you can find on popular training sites, etc.

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

I see you play a fair amount of poker. Are you saying you want to keep the recreational players on the site so you can take their money?

I have lost thousands over the years, but I really want to get better; so I thought taking notes might help?

What makes unibet unique is it caters to recreational players. It takes all the elements away like HUDs etc, that would give anyone a decent sized advantage. I am in no ways a pro, & even though I play a fair amount of poker, I consider myself a recreational player. There are many sites (Stars, 888, Party, etc) That allow HUDs, Hand Histories, Chat, etc but Unibet is taking a different approach. I play on multiple sites, but the reason I gravitate towards Unibet is that I know everyone is playing on an equal playing field.

Taking notes will only help against the player you have notes on. It won't improve your game too drastically in other scenerios. If you want to improve I recommend watching streams (Jason Somerville's would be best), learn from Youtube videos, articles you can find on popular training sites, etc.

I've just had a look at his stream, it's very informative . But he seems to make notes on other players!  You don't recommend that I take notes on, for example, serial bluffers on an excel spreadsheet? (to remind me not to be bluffed next time!)

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

@Magicadil wrote:

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

I've just had a look at his stream, it's very informative . But he seems to make notes on other players!  You don't recommend that I take notes on, for example, serial bluffers on an excel spreadsheet? (to remind me not to be bluffed next time!)

You can take notes on excel if you want. I have no problem with people taking notes, but I'm just saying if that's what you want to do, there's other sites that make it easy & allow you to. The client itself shouldn't have the 'notes' feature. What you do outside of that, no one can control you.

I debate

What is the problem with hand replayer  from your point of view ,and how this affect fish ? How you analyze hands after playing with this 1800 heroglifes replayer ? if you youy want improve it must analyze hands, watch bet sizing and so on .notes here are to some point useless because regs change their username offten ,and tbh  on fish i dont need notes beacause fish is fish

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

@Magicadil wrote:

One piece of news then - there's going to be a hand replayer in poker 2.0.  There won't be note-taking though, we intentionally don't have that because it helps good players and not weak.

@h3llb0y wrote:

hello,

tell us if this new version have chat or not :)

There won't be chat.  It's intentional that we don't have this, 95% of the time it's used to flame people.

@Valkyrie wrote:

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

+1 for testing. It would be cool if the community was involved at some point in the testing phase. 

It would be quite smart of Unibet to use the community for this 

There's a problem in that we aren't allowed to beta test with players from regulated markets.  That covers a LOT of our players, which really sucks.  But we're planning to invite some people in a week or so to start with, and we'll include the community a bit later on.  The beta client will run with the same player pool as 1.0 does. 

@WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

I politely disagree; I don't think recreational players give a monkey's about either. .

It's not about that.  It's that it gives regs an advantage over casual players.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Archived