New Unibet Poker Client

Andrew

Yesterday afternoon we put out a press release announcing that we're going to launch the second version of our poker client. We'll be presenting it to the press at Unibet Open Copenhagen in a couple of weeks, after which we'll go into a closed beta period.

Probably of most interest to this forum is that we're dropping Adobe Air. We'll be using a new proprietary technology to replace it, built by Relax (our developers), which will make the client run faster and more reliably, but allows us to remain agile and efficient. We'll also add a bonus shop, expand Challenges to SNG & Banzai, and add many new features.

I want to keep further details to myself for now, but there'll be a lot more news in the coming weeks.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exciting news. The current Unibet client causes my laptop to heat up too much, forcing me to turn on a fan beside it. So anything that uses less resources, runs smoother (Even if it means compromising the graphics) would be ideal.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@Magicadil wrote:

Exciting news. The current Unibet client causes my laptop to heat up too much, forcing me to turn on a fan beside it. So anything that uses less resources, runs smoother (Even if it means compromising the graphics) would be ideal.

The problem is that Adobe Air isn't optimised to do what we want from it, so the client takes more resources than it should.  By using our own wrapper program, we can optimise for just what we need.  The new client has a similar look and feel as the old one, we haven't reduced the graphical appeal.

@hascorel wrote:

He has an hand replayer ? and what is new ?

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

I want to keep further details to myself for now, but there'll be a lot more news in the coming weeks.

You're not going to trick me!

@Magicadil wrote:

I have the same problem when I use the downloaded client, so I usually favour the browser version because it's more CPU friendly, but the downside with that is you can only play one table at the time... :womanfrustrated: So I'm really looking forward to trying the new improved client. :smileyhappy:

I have lately had some problems with the connection ... I'm on the net for more sites and etc ... but in the Unibet poker room, my connection is always to fall, tournaments get sittout, do not know why ... because I only happens at Unibet; / I hope that this will improve :)

@WWhite wrote:

I have lately had some problems with the connection ... I'm on the net for more sites and etc ... but in the Unibet poker room, my connection is always to fall, tournaments get sittout, do not know why ... because I only happens at Unibet; / I hope that this will improve :)

There aren't any widespread network problems on the site at the moment, so this is almost certainly CPU lag.  Your computer is trying to do more than it's able to, so it takes a while to catch up.  It probably helps to close other programs while you're playing.  But yes, 2.0 will help here.

This is great news :)  

I hope my client will crash less in the future without adobe air !!  

I also hope that when i  have micro cut in my internet connection, the program won't crash anymore neihter :)

Tell us more Andrew, we are hungry to know all the new feateures :)  you should release them at a regular rythm with some exclusive for us in community :)

Woah smells good, well I strongly believe this client will also have unique graphics design, which makes it look so good and I hope table backgrounds will remain same, because I really like a blue cloth in the beach background I'm only playing at unibet and I could look strange but this background brings me good vibes :D :cathappy: ❤️ :cathappy:

Today's youth are getting worse. I was in a church yesterday, when I saw a guy lighting a cigarette from the candle. I was so shocked, that I dropped my beer bottle.

Many people here have asked me which site I'm playing on as Unibet isn't as known here as it is in Europe. The first question most ask is if there's an iOS app. Having an iPhone compatible app is vital if you want to explore the North American market. Also, 'Instadebit' is the most convenient way for Canadians to deposit. Adding that would alone attract many more customers. The only real deposit method we have right now is 'PaysafeCards' which are fast & found in many retail stores but 3% fee. Credit/Debit Card method isn't great as most Canadian banks block gambling transactions.

I mention these things because as you develop the client you could also get a hold of a decent number of Canadian members. The Instadebit option alone could place Unibet on Cardchat's ' Recommended Poker Sites for Canadians' list.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I mentioned in a previous post the best ways for Canadians to deposit on Unibet via Vanilla cards.  But iDebit is even better than Instadebit to be added, its currently on 888, bet365, sportsinteraction, partypoker.  You use your bank account and it comes out instantly instead of having it come out later with Instadebit.  

Archived