Re-entries are not rebuys

Farseer

As the topic says. Yet the filter on Unibet shows re-entries when you have only rebuys selected. Please fix it, I don't want to mistakenly reg to some re-entry tournament. Fixing Unibet software one glitch at a time.

I also would like to see some re-entries removed and replaced with proped rebuy tournaments. There's so many re-entries and so few rebuys nowadays, not just on Unibet but in poker sites in general. Would make me to play much more, currently schedule is so poor + rebuys hard to find that often just don't even open Unibet software.

An interesting and deserving attention theme  @Leo-Unibet  might have some plans regarding this...

As an oldschool player I prefer the freezeouts and remember when for or against the late registration was still one of the most contraversial themes, but now every site offers it...

I think that the sites have to provide the types of MTTs casual players like/play the most, then regulars will follow despite they have often the opposite preferences. Imo both reentries and rebuys give the more competent and tilt-resistant players advantage, as they know when there is no point to reenter anymore, when enough is enough in rebuy tourney and (almost)always add-on or at least in 99% of the MTTs, except when with so massive stack compared to the other top players that there is no great use of some relatively tiny increase. 

On the contrary I've witnessed so many times how players on tilt go all-in every hand and after losing (double)-rebuy and continue to burn money. For sure this is not the fun experience one recreational player is looking for. The other thing in R/A tournaments which still astonish me after every add-on break is that ~10-20% of the players don't add-on, which is not the smartest thing esp. after you've made numerous rebuys. Probably some of the players are just broke by this time. The other option is that they mistakenly took this break for a regular one. But whatever is the reason the negative impact is still on the recs...

We the more seasoned players and few poker sites have realised that the players that don't win in the long term - and thus putting fresh money into the poker economy should be treated as VIP customers and their poker wishes must be fulfilled otherwise they simply will leave and chose another gambling options where the worst of them might have better chance to win. 

So making a poll or some sort of questionnaire might be very useful in deciding which type of tournaments are the most liked and by which category of players. From this knowledge the growth in numbers for the active players is certain just by adding few more of the tournaments with highest appeal for the casual players esp. in the evening and during the weekend.

@GothMoth wrote:

An interesting and deserving attention theme  @Leo-Unibet  might have some plans regarding this...

As an oldschool player I prefer the freezeouts and remember when for or against the late registration was still one of the most contraversial themes, but now every site offers it...

I think that the sites have to provide the types of MTTs casual players like/play the most, then regulars will follow despite they have often the opposite preferences. Imo both reentries and rebuys give the more competent and tilt-resistant players advantage, as they know when there is no point to reenter anymore, when enough is enough in rebuy tourney and (almost)always add-on or at least in 99% of the MTTs, except when with so massive stack compared to the other top players that there is no great use of some relatively tiny increase. 

On the contrary I've witnessed so many times how players on tilt go all-in every hand and after losing (double)-rebuy and continue to burn money. For sure this is not the fun experience one recreational player is looking for. The other thing in R/A tournaments which still astonish me after every add-on break is that ~10-20% of the players don't add-on, which is not the smartest thing esp. after you've made numerous rebuys. Probably some of the players are just broke by this time. The other option is that they mistakenly took this break for a regular one. But whatever is the reason the negative impact is still on the recs...

We the more seasoned players and few poker sites have realised that the players that don't win in the long term - and thus putting fresh money into the poker economy should be treated as VIP customers and their poker wishes must be fulfilled otherwise they simply will leave and chose another gambling options where the worst of them might have better chance to win. 

So making a poll or some sort of questionnaire might be very useful in deciding which type of tournaments are the most liked and by which category of players. From this knowledge the growth in numbers for the active players is certain just by adding few more of the tournaments with highest appeal for the casual players esp. in the evening and during the weekend.

@GothMoth 

It's a very fine line to go between rebuy and freezeout, rebuys often has the juicy guarantees but it could also be costly for the players, we will obviosly not players to spew out to many entrences. That's why we alter those rebuy tournaments with freezeouts to try to please as many players as possible. It's impossible to create a 24/7 MTT schedule which are perfect for everyone. My job is to try to find a balace where that goal is fulfilled to the most possible extent.

With feedback from you guys it's going to be easier, keep them suggestions coming!! 😃 

Just read the posts on this thread and I have to agree that I do find it really odd that players will make numerous re-buys and yet they do not take the add on.

I don't mind the rebuys as such but I limit myself to one rebuy and the add on. I find any more than that amount and you usually have to final table to make any kind of profit. Obviously I always set out to win but we all know how difficult it is to win an MTT, hence the "don't go broke" self imposed limit.

I also understand that the site needs to generate a profit and make the GTD prize so having the tourneys run as rebuy events makes perfect sense. I would argue from a responsible gaming point of view though that players should be limited to x number of rebuys. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen players auto rebuy to such an extent that they would have to win to make any money. If that player is repeating that behaviour on a regular basis then long term they must be losing a lot in relation to their bankroll. It's these players that I feel need protecting by putting a limit on the number of re buys a player can make.

I do have to confess that I have occasionally had an "ALL IN ALL IN" apparent tilt mode in a few tourneys but unlike the players described above I've been fully aware of how spewy I've looked but have been doing it to "seed" players into thinking I'm a basket case with a view to either extracting maximum profit out of a hand by getting called when I'm holding the nuts, or by having such a loose aggressive image that my opponent talks themselves into thinking that with the junk I've been playing and shoving with I MUST have hit that load of garbage of a board hehe.

So I suppose in short I don't mind rebuys and I'd recommend a few strategies:

1) late reg to miss the all in spewers, take the add on and scrape into the money.
2) Start from the minute the tourney opens and expect to be all in at some point but limit the number of rebuys against where you realistically expect to finish.
3) Set a few Euros aside just for that event and go absolutely mental ............  trust me, given how you often have to really concentrate in a tournament it can be a very relaxing way to go on tilt without breaking the bank (unlike a spewy tilting cash session :) ).

If taking step 3 hang on for the ride and stick to your self imposed number of buy ins because I don't want any of you coming crying to me when you've gone broke following my advice, you're also supposed to be groan ups so the decision is yours alone lol

@Play_Analyst wrote:

Just read the posts on this thread and I have to agree that I do find it really odd that players will make numerous re-buys and yet they do not take the add on.

I expect this is partly due to the terrible logic applied when the addon period starts and software bugs. The popup that appears gives you the option to rebuy first (assuming you have less than the max chips allowed to rebuy) and when you cancel that the addon window does not pop up. You have to click on the tiny little addon button in order to do it.

If a player budgets for a single entry and addon they can click the popup assuming it's the addon one and find they've just rebought instead (I know i've done this by acident more than once) and then choose not to addon

Sometimes if you can't rebuy because you have more chips than the limit the addon popup simply doesn't appear. If you're multitabling it can be easy to miss these things and not take the addon.

@Stubbe-Unibet, you want something to get stuck into? Get a single popup that offers Rebuy/Addon/Rebuy+Addon so players get all the options everytime. None of this closing the rebuy popup to get to the addon nonsense. Whether it's meant to or not it looks shady that you're driven to rebuy rather than addon by the clients logic. Also it should tell you whether you're using tickets or cash and give you the option to choose between them.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived