Multi Silly Arthur Dent

Leo-Unibet

Are you bored of traditional tournaments where the blinds increase after the same lenght every time, then I have something for you.
The "Multi Silly Arthur Dent" starting at 19:30 CET has everything but structured level up times, the tournament phase will be nerve wracking.

Try it out guys and let me know what you think of the structure. Everyone that play the tournament from today until Sunday will be egliable to
play a small freeroll on Monday night. Do we have a deal?  

Any MTT where someone can enter 50 minutes in and buy the biggest stack at the table is the nut low as far as I'm concerned. Multibuy is a terrible feature.

Structure actually seemed fine, although it didn't feel any different to a normal turbo/hyper. Would have preferred a slightly larger starting stack but I get it was shallow so the big BR players could fire twhatever they needed to gain an advantage whenever they entered.

Won't be playing again unless the multi-buy is removed.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Hi,

I don't mind the multibuy-ins option but 10 is IMO a bit too much and maybe it should be reduced to 2-3 buy-ins... still, the tournament seems fun and I hope to see more recreational players in it 👍 

GL all and see you at the tables :)

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

tbh I don't like multi buy in and considering ICM factors I get the feeling that a lot of players don't even understand what's in their best interest.  Therefore as an above posted mentioned the buyins for these should be tiny and not 10euro.  .10-1euro seems more appropriate.

What I'm not seeing a lot of is rebuys since their inception about a year ago.  I think you guys got the rake right so that shouldn't be an objection but I don't see rebuys been utilized enough especially in satellites.  The 10 multibuy to the 250UO should be changed to rebuy imo.

@OmNomNom wrote:

Good old entraction network had tourneys called wild west, 0,25 & 0,50€ buy in and unlimited rebuys with 1,5k-5k GTD. Times where different, but something similar could work better than this.

@OmNomNom I remember those, I thought to introduce something like that, the risk with that setup is that players go bananas and rebuy every hand and the tournament will end up much more expensive than the player initial expected. It's a fun theme tho, one day I might give it a try, we're not there yet. Thanks for mentioning  the format.  

@OmNomNom @Sect7G @wwaanneess @BillyR23 @ArtyMcFly

I've been monitoring the tournament for 2 nights now and I like the phase of it. The runtime has so been approx 2h20min , my though was to have a runtime of approx 3h.
Therefor I will increase the level-up-time on some levels so you don't have to run 16BB avg during the quick levels, I will give it a little less nervwrecking setup.
Runtime will increase the more players we get in the tournament, more players also mean higher guarantee. €500 guarantee is far from impossible on this one.
Okey here's the deal, when it hits €500 in prizepool the first time I will increase the gtd to €500 from the very next day.  

"

Are you bored of traditional tournaments where the blinds increase after the same lenght every time, then I have something for you.
The "Multi Silly Arthur Dent" starting at 19:30 CET has everything but structured level up times, the tournament phase will be nerve wracking.

Try it out guys and let me know what you think of the structure. Everyone that play the tournament from today until Sunday will be egliable to
play a small freeroll on Monday night. Do we have a deal? "

LeoUnibet say

It's not about being bored, man. @Leo-Unibet This gameform just doesn't make any sense for recreationals. Which means, it is designed for some other group. Like players mentioned here earlier.
Sure it'd be cool to buy the max chipcount after the smalls are fallen, but damn! :wonder:

Do the rebuy bounty tournee with 3x buyin. And thats it. Try it once and see how the fking markets behave.

Played it twice so far, and actually managed to win it last night.

On average the levels still lean towards a turbo structure, but we managed to hit a 15 minute level on the bubble, which made play at that point a lot more interesting than just watching people blind down/get it in short all the time. So that was great imo

Obviously since I won I might be looking at it with an extra positive attitude, but I found it a quite enjoyable structure.

As to the multi buy-ins. Personally I think 10 might be too much, and it wouldn't make much sense to do it, since you would've actually needed to reach the top 3 to gain a profit as the field isn't huge. So maybe 3-4-5 max would be more sensible and would protect people against themselves :D

As to people complaining other people can buy in for more chips when they latereg, you can buy in for the same amount if you want, so I feel that's a non-argument.

• 3 months later...

Archived