Poker release notes 31/01/2017

BonusPater

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really frustrating is the timing of the release of the updates. I don't see any logical reason why Unibet had to do this today rather than tomorrow. Now it is only costing me a few hundred euros as I will fall back in the Bootcamp promotion from 15 to maybe 2x or 3x, who knows? But what happened in December to many of us? Had the new client been released on 1st January, I would not have lost thousands by not being able to complete the challenge points  I had been working for in the previous 2 months. I got over it but now this is the same thing. Is is possible to pay a little more attention to the details?

The previous update introduced crashing issues for the first time for me when I was opening over 6-7 tables (turning off avatars would allow for 1-2 extra tables). Now v2.2.0 seems to have fixed that issue for me, working perfectly at 10 tables with avatars turned on, so that's great 👍 will probably test with more tables soon and report back if there are issues :)

Also I made a suggestions in the Ideas section on possibly better way to design the tournament filter slider 

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Unibet-Idea-Exchange/Tournament-and-Freeroll-Slider-improvement-suggestions/idi-p/68760#M562

Hi @steppek77, hi @Unruled7,

Yes, the buy-in filter is disappointing indeed. We've discussed the improvements needed with the provider. 

In the meantime, you can replace the minimum and maximum numbers from the boxes and press "enter" to validate your choices. It's not obvious at all and will be improved but that's a workaround for now. 

Hi @KRYPTONITE,

I went through your previous posts and can see that crashes seemed to happen when you started tables. There are some stability improvements in that version but I'm sorry to hear you're not part of the players who can benefit from them. 

• Could you please let me know what were the steps leading to the client crashing? (e.g. at start; after a fairly long session; when playing multiple tables etc...)
  • Could you please post your dxdiag@
  1. Open the Windows search bar
  2. Type "dxdiag" in the search field
  3. Post a picture on the community of the "System" and "Display" tab

Thanks

@Chris-Unibet wrote:

Hi @KRYPTONITE,

I went through your previous posts and can see that crashes seemed to happen when you started tables. There are some stability improvements in that version but I'm sorry to hear you're not part of the players who can benefit from them. 

• Could you please let me know what were the steps leading to the client crashing? (e.g. at start; after a fairly long session; when playing multiple tables etc...)
  • Could you please post your dxdiag@
  1. Open the Windows search bar
  2. Type "dxdiag" in the search field
  3. Post a picture on the community of the "System" and "Display" tab

Thanks

It`s not when trying to open tables I get the Runtime error, It`s when I try to open the poker Client. I Wonder why we always have to update automaticly? And it also seems like you never test the updates before we must update ourselves? Been so much trouble With the unibet poker Clients, The last Version too.. I played poker using my Ipad yesterday, it worked fine..But i didn`t get any Message there that I had to update, so I Guess it`s the old Version on the Ipad yet. Well, had to get out some frustration here...Sorry...

I was asking someone else (Kryptonite) about the crashes he was experiencing. For now we have enough information about the Runtime error that some players experience on the windows download client. 

I agree issues affecting many players shouldn't pass testing phases and we're not happy about that either. There are plans to improve the process though but it may take some times before those changes kick in and have positive effects.

On iPad or iPhone, there's no possibility to force an update and all you may get is a notification from the appstore saying that an application is ready to be updated. You can check which version it is by pressing the "U" menu at the top left of the lobby and the version number would be at the bottom of the menu. 

I'll update you once I know more about the Runtime error.

MrHalsan wrote:

I Wonder why we always have to update automaticly? And it also seems like you never test the updates before we must update ourselves? Been so much trouble With the unibet poker Clients, The last Version too..
This is the most frustrating thing, why the heck they publish new update that isnt working? Without testing?? Or is there really some big chief thinking its cheaper to let players test the software?
Im quite sure if Unibet (or even real monkeys) had tested the update with ~50 different computers, some of those would had Runtime Error, and nobody would have the problem now, just happily playing with prior version... So tilting some Update Manager can just take away peoples livelyhood for unknown time! :(

Instead of always complaining about stuff, maybe I could also try to be somehow helpful 😏

Uni.thumb.jpg.4b8d2cf2894fab8cef863d2746274037.jpg

Still got the black screen on client, I've tried all those "set power management options to max batterylife" -options, but no help. I know my old piece of junk is not the greatest, but other sites function and runs several tables flawlessly with it.
Oh, and it would be nice to use the browser version, but it's loading ring is just pointlessly running round and round forever, just like my hopes and dreams of ever playing here again.

Client
Uni2.thumb.jpg.d17f410df5b6ffb18e75bfc01343257e.jpg

Browser
Uni3.thumb.jpg.b65a85b5ad03dee633bd7431e01ca1f1.jpg

Connection can't be the problem, i got fiber-optic. As an oldschool console-gamer whenever I see a duck in my screen, I want to shoot it with a gun. Nowadays more than ever before.

Its been about 30 hrs, and still client isnt working.. How stupid you guys are? Why cant you give us previous version back for the time before new version is working? Dont you like money, or do someone just think everybody goes to play BlackJack if they cant play poker??? Fking unbelieveble. 

Hi,

Unfortunately software freezes on my 3 tables 10euro HU sit and go. Had to restart PC to be able to login again. 30 euros down the drain. 

Also I keep having this bug of not being able to raise/go allin  sometimes,  everyting is fine in a game, and suddenly, i can't raise/allin anymore, just call.1453276885_Beztytuu.thumb.jpg.0d1f81cefd548103be01fa4971ef68b7.jpg69338403_Beztytuu1.thumb.jpg.237a84ff0b0535222806b20c4730c09f.jpg

I really like the new cards btw Unibet, good job. 

I do however think that in tournaments, when you have over 1,000 in chips that there should be a comma denoting the per thousand. Things can get tricky when you glance quickly at an opposition stack and think he has 10000 when really he has 100000.

May have been mentioned before apologies if so.

Archived