Poker release notes 31/01/2017

BonusPater

@Siltsu@LoveUnibet@Markopolo@Time4Revenge, @supermao@MrHalsan@bastesen45@rattas2

Hi all, 

For those have the "runtime error" on the windows download client, the problem happens for those who have special characters in their Windows Username (e.g. åäö or other non-latin letters like east-Europe, French etc.). 

At the moment, the workaround would be to create a new windows login without any of those character, then login on that user and run the client from that session. 

I'll update you when I have more details about an upcoming release with a proper fix. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried it at it crashed my computer like nothing has crashed it before. Made like 3-4 attemts to run it on login with latin letters did not get runtime error but program insta crashed atleast twice, froze and then crashed opp system. At the end of the day you should not expect me to spend excess time to test your unstabel product.

Look at this s**t! 🤣 Finally got into the browser poker lobby.chromebs.thumb.jpg.caf563386d5ea0d50dec691b70ee4cdb.jpg It only took installing chrome.
Trying to upload a screenshot , but somehow my uploading takes a year.

PS. Nevermind. I guess you cant upload a file called B**lsh*t.

@SkilfulPoker wrote:

Still crashing every 15 minutes or so for me on the only pc I can get it to work on, such a shame, I wished we had the old (adobe air) client back!

I wish the same @SkilfulPoker!  Poker is no fun anymore on Unibet but noone is listening.  I can only play in webbrowser and I have to reload all the time and lose blinds after blinds after blinds...   :(

This is a weird way to play poker.  Customerservice are not helpful at all when I beg them for compensation for this mess.  They just send the question to the pokerteam and they are not willing to compensate in any way at all if you don`t lose the whole stack as a sitout. SHAME ON YOU UNIBET!

:(  :(  :(

It´s all in there.

@Camilio wrote:

@SkilfulPoker wrote:

Still crashing every 15 minutes or so for me on the only pc I can get it to work on, such a shame, I wished we had the old (adobe air) client back!

I wish the same @SkilfulPoker!  Poker is no fun anymore on Unibet but noone is listening.  I can only play in webbrowser and I have to reload all the time and lose blinds after blinds after blinds...   :(

This is a weird way to play poker.  Customerservice are not helpful at all when I beg them for compensation for this mess.  They just send the question to the pokerteam and they are not willing to compensate in any way at all if you don`t lose the whole stack as a sitout. SHAME ON YOU UNIBET!

:(  :(  :(

Hey sorry to hear @Camilio . Yes I think the software is a real shame and wished we could just revert back to the adobe air. Having said that, Unibet itself in terms of the community, and the support (when you know how to ask for extra help if you need it) are amongst the best I've ever found, that's why I keep coming back, in spite of the software, to see if I can get it to work.

If i was you I would post a full description of your problems here in terms of any money lost as a result of crashes etc:

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Help-Support/bd-p/gethelp

but don't include any personal information, one of the moderators will surely look into it for you, they are very good at helping community members, if you find you aren't getting enough support / through to the right people, through the regular support channels on the website. Good luck!

I take my words back. When I played slots and was forced to istall and use chrome, evrythng was good. Tried the browser version, and it suprisingly worked after 1 attempt.
Too sad though, after that it crashed. Took several attempts to make a contact, never worked, because the client didnt regognize profile, even when i was already connected. Shieeet gotta stop drinking , have fun guys 😏

bulllsh2.thumb.png.0e0bf50741657d8c94d96d394fae0e48.pngbulls.thumb.png.a21d5b2e68ea92159c8c61ad6e8fc1ce.png

The poker client has started crashing for me and everytime I restart it, it asks me to accept the updated terms and conditions. I think these both started happening the same time. 

Previously crashed only sometimes when using the hand replayer. Yesterday crashed randomly 1-2 times per hour. 

Version 2.2.1 has just been released. That version is aiming at:
1. Fixing runtime error (error message preventing you from launching windows client when you have special characters in your Windows username)
2. Fixing banners that were appearing in English for all markets
3. Fixing a bug causing the cash game tickets to only be usable if you had the equivalent balance in cash
4. Changing text on Prize Drop widget regarding remaining prizes

Regarding the two reports about T&Cs appearing after each login, I've elevated the issue. 

Regarding crashes, thanks for reporting them. Any additional information would help though.

Yup, clearing the cookies and cache didn't get rid of it.

But no crashes today, played over an hour cash game session with v.2.2.0.

Last night around 22-02cet playing MTTs, 6 tables in the beginning and 1 table last one or two hours, the client crashed maybe 8 times, twice while 1-tabling. Also noticed a few other players in my table being disconnected after I restarted the client after a crash. And like I said, I haven't really had an issue with crashing before while playing on this computer.

@whereisrivaldo wrote:

Last night around 22-02cet playing MTTs, 6 tables in the beginning and 1 table last one or two hours, the client crashed maybe 8 times, twice while 1-tabling. Also noticed a few other players in my table being disconnected after I restarted the client after a crash. And like I said, I haven't really had an issue with crashing before while playing on this computer.

Tonight similar session, but with zero crashes. 👍

Still keeps asking the T&Cs.

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

The previous update introduced crashing issues for the first time for me when I was opening over 6-7 tables (turning off avatars would allow for 1-2 extra tables). Now v2.2.0 seems to have fixed that issue for me, working perfectly at 10 tables with avatars turned on, so that's great 👍 will probably test with more tables soon and report back if there are issues :)

Still had no crashes due to too many tables so that seems to be working fine ... but the hand replayer still causes crashes so it's almost unusable while playing ... and table freezes still happen (all tables freeze, but the timebanks look like they are still running down, restarting the client solves the issue). Also a bunch of random disconnects like as if you lost the internet connection while the internet is working fine with everything else on every device (direct line into the computer no wifi :Puking: )

@psrquack@whereisrivaldo, @solsidan, this doesn't seem to be poker specific and I just wanted to let you know that it's being looked at. 

@FeelsBadMan, would you be able to provide me with:
1. A file called Poker_log.txt located in     C:\Users\chrlev\AppData\Roaming\Unibet Poker   (App data is a hidden folder)
2. In Windows, search for dxdiag and take a screenshot of tabs "System" and "Display"

Archived