New Release - 2.0.7

Chris-Unibet

@startelver wrote:

I can't even open the browser version, so I've basically lost all hope of ever being able to play poker at Unibet again.

Did you try all possible browsers ?  Chrome, IE, Opera, Maxthon MX5 . You could try different browsers that are compatible with Vista just in case.  

If not I am afraid you have to upgrade to Win 7 or 8. 

I've tried Firefox, Opera and Chrome (even though the latter isn't updated for my OS anymore). All of them just get stuck on the loading screen forever. I've never heard of Maxthon MX5, but I'll check that one out too - just in case. (Thanks for the tip @startelver.) But if that doesn't work either I guess I'm a lost cause. :sad: Upgrading or buying a new computer is not an option for me for many reasons - and it shouldn't be a requirement just to be able to play poker - especially when things were working for everyone before and they ruined it with the update.

By the way they were promoting it, this was definitely not what I was expecting from the 2.0 version. Before the release they promised that the new client was supposed to work better and use less resources so it would be "kinder" to older computers. Not once did they mention that they were actually planning on completely excluding players who happen to own older computers - but that's exactly what happened... Sorry if I sound bitter, but that's because I am. :sad:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Valkyrie wrote:

I've tried Firefox, Opera and Chrome (even though the latter isn't updated for my OS anymore). All of them just get stuck on the loading screen forever. I've never heard of Maxthon MX5, but I'll check that one out too - just in case. (Thanks for the tip @startelver.) But if that doesn't work either I guess I'm a lost cause. :sad: Upgrading or buying a new computer is not an option for me for many reasons - and it shouldn't be a requirement just to be able to play poker - especially when things were working for everyone before and they ruined it with the update.

By the way they were promoting it, this was definitely not what I was expecting from the 2.0 version. Before the release they promised that the new client was supposed to work better and use less resources so it would be "kinder" to older computers. Not once did they mention that they were actually planning on completely excluding players who happen to own older computers - but that's exactly what happened... Sorry if I sound bitter, but that's because I am. :sad:

I think the browser version of Unibet will work and even the client version if you just install WIndows 7 over Vista if that is your OS now.   Windows 7 is possible to download for free in some places I can not mention here.   I have been working in the IT business earlier when WIn XP and Vista was the new OS , but you have to remember that was back in 2004 to 2009  and I doubt that the Unibet programmers were thinking they had customers using such old systems.  It is pain free to install WIndows 7 and it runs on almost all the old computers so if I were you I would look for a Win 7 OS.

@startelver wrote:

I think the browser version of Unibet will work and even the client version if you just install WIndows 7 over Vista if that is your OS now.   Windows 7 is possible to download for free in some places I can not mention here.   I have been working in the IT business earlier when WIn XP and Vista was the new OS , but you have to remember that was back in 2004 to 2009  and I doubt that the Unibet programmers were thinking they had customers using such old systems.  It is pain free to install WIndows 7 and it runs on almost all the old computers so if I were you I would look for a Win 7 OS.

I appreciate you trying to help, @startelver. But it's not that I haven't tried already. Upgrading just won't work on this machine. :sad: It's a long story, so won't get into it here, but this is basically what I'm stuck with - unless I win a jackpot or something. :haha: @Fredrik-Unibet also knows the whole story since I've spoken to him several times about having problems with pretty much everything running on HTML5, including all new Net Ent games.

It's just really frustrating when updates that are supposed to make things better do the exact opposite. Besides, Vista is still supported by Microsoft so it's not unlikely that lots of people are still using it - which they should have taken into account when they updated the poker client.

@Chris-Unibet wrote:

Hi @Camilio,

If I remember correctly, we thought the problem for you was that your graphical card wasn't supportin DirectX11 but that should work with DirectX10 now so maybe there's something else. 

Can you post your dxdiag? I've searched from your posts but couldn't find it. 

Hi @Chris-Unibet

I have sent this specific file and a bunch of other files to customerservice THREE times now and I´m so fed up with this ❤️♥️❤️ that I have quit Unibet poker until I have got payback for my efforts.

This release is a disaster for pokerlovers and until you can provide us with a simple functioning version of a pokerclient I will stay away from Unibet poker. I like Unibet in many other ways, especially this community and the sportsbetsection!

Thank`s for bothering @Chris-Unibet, I know you are not responible for this mess.  :)

It´s all in there.

I just read up a bit on that Maxthon browser mentioned above, and it seems to have some serious security issues (reported as late as during 2016), so it doesn't seem worth the risk to try. Given what I read about it, it also seems a bit unlikely that Unibet would add support to that browser for the web client, but what do I know... :happyshy: Anyway, I just wanted to put out a small warning to anyone else who might be having similar problems and is thinking about testing it - just make sure you read the Wikipedia page on it first. Then it's up to you if you still want to use it of course.

Well, the client has some issues today. The lobby blanked out after an hour of playing tournies, sngs, and cash games. During the tourny, could not raise a villain's bet but could call him. Sigh.

At least the Android version let me size bets now. 😃

2.0.7 worked fine for me only first day.

But today..I tried open unibet app again and..crash :(

Lobby works fine.. but opening 1 table means immediately crash. It's the same problem as in the previous version..

uni.thumb.jpg.af0e2400d5acaadc253a34d1ca5cd793.jpg

*** Logging started
[19-12-2016 21:48:06] Unibet Poker 2.0.7.2.0.7
 OS              : Windows 10
 GPU vendor      : AMD
 GPU model       : AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
 GPU driver      : 12.0
 Max texture size: 8192
[19-12-2016 21:48:06] Initializing startup module...
[19-12-2016 21:48:07] Initializing remote assets...
[19-12-2016 21:48:08] Initializing lobby...
[19-12-2016 21:48:20] Synchronized with server time 1482184100 (offset 1)
[19-12-2016 21:48:20] [master] Playerid 2ac1f6ceff8416bf connecting to xc1.sw.relaxg.com
[19-12-2016 21:48:20] [monitor] Playerid 2ac1f6ceff8416bf connecting to exc2.sw.relaxg.com
[19-12-2016 21:48:21] [master] Connection state (logged in/ok)
[19-12-2016 21:48:21] [monitor] Connection state (logged in/ok)
[19-12-2016 21:48:25] Requesting CG table open, id: 30
[19-12-2016 21:48:25] Starting CG table (id:30, instance:cg93f1df)
[19-12-2016 21:48:26] Table preloader: Initializing...
[19-12-2016 21:48:26] Table preloader: Loading...
[19-12-2016 21:48:27] Joining CG table
[19-12-2016 21:48:27] 1 table(s) open

I'm getting exactly the same note like @Pe7r since saturday! IN German, but I guess it's the "there's a problem with unibet, that'll lead to its shutdown"-note. Browsing the lobby works fine but once I open a SNG, it shuts down.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

FWIW, I had a lot of issues with the initial 2.0 update, but the 2.07 client has worked fine for me so far, with no crashes or disconnections. I still have some minor quibbles about the design and functionality, but I'll save comments on that till the new year, as it's obviously more of a priority to fix the issues that prevent some people from playing at all.
I just wanted to say that the hard work of the bug-fixers has not gone unnoticed and that I'm glad it's become fun to play on the client again.

Sound like a broken record but.....

Why does the web browser always seem to kick me out at the worst times possible

I had K7 Spades and the flop comes out A-10-4 two spades on board so i have the chance to hit the nut flush, person bets, i call, and boom i get kicked out

This seems to happen everytime i have a big hand

I've given up on the client as it doesn't work for Windows/Vista, haven't played in a while so decided to jump on today and things like this just really get me angry

"Time keeps on slipping, into the future....I want to fly like an Eagle, to the Sea"

Once again my web browser rant:

88 hole cards raise, get re raised i call, get booted out, hand over ..Tilting

KK - someone raises, I re raise, booted out, hand over lol for reallllllll...Super Tilt

For the love of god make the client Vista/Windows friendly again PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

"Time keeps on slipping, into the future....I want to fly like an Eagle, to the Sea"

Archived