GG Unibet

SShcherbyna

A big thought for everyone who is in this situation.

I experienced a few years of poker without the reward of the site, rake, bonus knowing that others offer a certain store for us rewarded, in short, to say how attached I am to Unibet so that I stay here without having a only compensation except from my own winnings.

So I dare to imagine what you are going through right now about being kicked off the site. When I heard this news, I immediately thought of you and others who may be experiencing this same situation.

I will miss not seeing you at the tables anymore. I have already lost a few players I was in contact with through this room due to loss or deposit limitation knowing that their income is solely linked to poker.

You still have some possible solutions in terms of room as well as others linked to crypto therefore in terms of legislation, we don't care a priori with an extra low level. I'm in "transition" myself and I'm looking at where it might be interesting because... FDJ + Belgium, I'm not convinced that we will still be welcome on Unibet.

I will come with a support nickname until the fateful date for you. Even if it serves no purpose, it will just show my thoughts for all of you.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones;

• Thanks 2

The big problem for me as a tournament player is that no room of the few legislated one or the little ones on the grey side can be compared to Unibet even at a small degree.
The thing I like so much here is that the tourneys aren't very big, I mean the player-pool rarely is above 100. Also the structure is good. Lately the rebuy ones were reduced. And so on... The only thing which I and many pros in the 5-10% of the winning spectrum found negatively impacting our winnings was the payout structure which was changed few years ago. Personally I received around 30% less yearly, but in retrospect it's better than nothing 😃 It doesn't matter anymore to me and to many of the pros which quit then even after some conversation how this is overall bad for the eco-system... For this which find themselves in this group simply check your yearly incomes and if you are capable of doing some calculations comparing the two payouts, consider bringing this to the attention of the guys of the Poker Team. As far, as I see there is no Tournament Director and I'm sure there was one after Leo.

This was my advice beside the above one to have money on the side(not for poker) - invested or simply put aside if you are no good or interested in investing. I have almost nothing due to lack of motivation, attention deficit, depression, substance abuse and pure laziness.

I also wish you guys all the best and big wins in poker and in life. The main regret I have here is that I wasn't active enough especially last two years during which I rarerly or haven't PMd at all the few users which I consider friends here. The other one is that also because of my inactiveness I missed the chance to get to know really cool guys.

• Sad 1

Hey dude, i played y a lot last 2 years. I feel your disparition, but poker has to be legal.

I am from Belgium, and used to be yearly supernova untill poker got legalized here. We do not have rb, but i am glad Unibet is following the rules. Do ont take it personal but Eastern European have a bad réputation. It has been proven time and time again. Wish you good luck and a stable situation brother.

13 hours ago, HackedRNG said:

Do ont take it personal but Eastern European have a bad réputation.

For the first few days, I really took this news too personally, as if I was the only one who was going to be banned for some made-up reason. Time has passed, the time of acceptance has come, and now I understand the position of a company that simply wants to do business without unnecessary risks, while the Ukrainian market cannot guarantee this. So if you think, and not just emotionally spit in all directions, then I have complaints only against my government and personally against myself as a voter.

While it really saddens me, I don't think the decision has anything to do with the supposed "bad rep" of eastern Europeans or anything like this. When it comes to bad reputation, I think nobody can beat us, Romanians 😅. And for now it seems we are still in Unibet's good graces. If we deserve the bad rep or not, is a different question. I think the only reason is the fact that poker isn't regulated in Ukraine, and this is a risk if a merger or acquisition is in plan. Without too much detail, I'll say that I worked at some point in my life at a company involved in gambling that was bought by a bigger one. After the acquisition, we had to abandon all the grey markets because that was the new policy, and it was a very big chunk of the income. For very big companies, with shareholders and such, grey markets are too much of a legal risk an that is that, unfortunately. But nothing is lost, in Romania poker was regulated quite recently and I don't see any reason why it couldn't be in Ukraine also in the future. Good luck, my friend, all the best!

22 minutes ago, fornicator99 said:

poker isn't regulated in Ukraine

Since 2021, the Gambling Regulation Commission has been operating in Ukraine. At the moment, 3 poker rooms have a license:

2024-02-22194701.thumb.png.a27137c1b876e74a57b5b880cd6603f9.png

The question is why Unibet did not want to buy the license. There can be many reasons. One of the reasons for which I initially thought - ecology (perhaps because it was easier to take offense at and blame only Unibet 🙃)
Now I believe more in the words of another person, that the reason is Ukraine's bad rating in various anti-corruption ratings and similar things, which can negatively affect the reputation of Unibet in the EU markets.

2 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

Since 2021, the Gambling Regulation Commission has been operating in Ukraine. At the moment, 3 poker rooms have a license:

2024-02-22194701.thumb.png.a27137c1b876e74a57b5b880cd6603f9.png

The question is why Unibet did not want to buy the license. There can be many reasons. One of the reasons for which I initially thought - ecology (perhaps because it was easier to take offense at and blame only Unibet 🙃)
Now I believe more in the words of another person, that the reason is Ukraine's bad rating in various anti-corruption ratings and similar things, which can negatively affect the reputation of Unibet in the EU markets.

Ok, didn't know that, I thought it was totally unregulated. Seems a business decision and you might be right with the second assumption 😔

One thing that might have effect too is that fdj is goverment owned so it might be harder to justify all the money/weapons pushed to Ukraine (thou france has given very little) for taxpayers if they play poker against ukrainian players. West has build this image that ukr is fighting for whole europe and whole country is in full war state 24/7 so people might start to ask wrong questions if they get the image that ukr players are living just normal life and playing poker with their money. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Livertool said:

One thing that might have effect too is that fdj is goverment owned so it might be harder to justify all the money/weapons pushed to Ukraine (thou france has given very little) for taxpayers if they play poker against ukrainian players. West has build this image that ukr is fighting for whole europe and whole country is in full war state 24/7 so people might start to ask wrong questions if they get the image that ukr players are living just normal life and playing poker with their money. 

FDJ and Unibet/Kindred are still two completely separate companies; the deal hasn't gone through yet 🙂 the rest I don't think it's worth commenting on 😄 

I can confirm that when we access market risks, a key aspect is AML and how organizations like https://www.fatf-gafi.org/en/countries/black-and-grey-lists.html view a country. It's also worth mentioning that while Ukraine is pretty big for the poker product, it's quite a different story for the other products.

We have never closed down a market just for ecology reasons, so while it is correct that Ukraine is a winning market, that doesn't have anything to do with the closure 🙂

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

FDJ and Unibet/Kindred are still two completely separate companies; the deal hasn't gone through yet

Whole thread is mostly speculation so ofc can't say for sure but as deal is quite far i reckon both parties are very familiar of each others interests and don't make decision like this without consulting other party. Might be just coincidence but timing of this makes me believe that it is in interst of fdj.

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

the rest I don't think it's worth commenting on

Mistaked it as hate speech? 😄

i don't think it is far-fetched and no offense to Ukr. I think this would cross any common player's mind who gets newsfeed from western media. Things would be same if Finland was fighting the war and you would get constant requests of money needed, pictures of only misery yet playing poker against finnish players and personally wouldn't blame you for having those thoughts.

Edited by Livertool

• 1 month later...

In March, I hardly played at Unibet. I was engaged in registration or verification on other sites, game testing, dealt with crypto wallets (it turns out that this is almost the only way of replenishment for many sites). As it turns out, there isn't another poker site out there that has the small MTT fields and still has enough of the game I need, hell, Unibet is perfect. But compromises have been found and I already play on several sites that mostly satisfy my requirements, so my career as a micro MTT player continues.
I plan to spend the last day at the Unibet tables until my account is blocked, so don't forget to say hello to me at the tables if you see me, I will be very happy 🥰

• Like 8