I am now live on Twitch. Drop in and say hi!

Hymn2Ninkasi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright!

One more week of the bankroll challenge wrapped up, and we are making steady progress. All in all we profited 7600 over the course of the week, and ended up at €37,100. Some fun sessions including BOA2, in which we got completely destroyed. I made sure to save some highlight clips, so I will edit a short youtube vid for this later. Since I am running short on time now I'll just wrap it up here. Weekly graph below!

56276997_Week4graph.JPG.74336db7cc74e9be60f64de22be7e566.JPG

We are back at the tables today in 5 minutes or so. Tune in at www.twitch.tv/uhlenpoker!

@Sweeedeeen wrote:

@Sweeedeeen wrote:

i have watched stream

Well, I have long suspected that you're playing well :)

Hehe, i was right :)

What will you do when reach the goal?

No idea tbh. I will for sure keep streaming, and mostly be playing cashgames. I still think I should find some new challenge / goal to hunt for, to keep motivation up and to keep viewers engaged somehow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 🆗

The hype is not playing a 2 euro SNG, it's demonstrating it is possible to take 40 euros and build it up to 2k, and how long it would take a pro to do that.

Think bigger picture here  how many wannabe poker players are playing away at the smaller limits, and trying to build themselves up, how much interest would it generate, if they could see someone doing that, and watch their journey, the ups and downs along the way.

While somewhat educational to watch, it can be very hard for amateurs to relate to such difficult challenges as Uhlen set out to achieve (and is currently crushing) as it is so far removed from their own exploits on the felt. I think the challenge is excellent, and enjoy dipping in, but once it is completed, I think it would be great to see something others could have a go at emulating that don't have the confidence in their game, or bankroll to try to emulate this challenge.

So i think there's a lot of mileage in this kind of bankroll challenge from an interest point of view when it is given the chance. It's why 'bankroll building' challenges are usually quite popular in the poker world. It's also why Ferguson's challenge is still immortalized in the poker challenge psyche even given the likes of Boku87's  et all who have taken small sums up to fortunes. Complete novices can relate to Fergusons challenge as he started with freerolls. 

I think complete beginners would be enthralled as the challenge got going to learn about how you can take $40 and build it into a significant sum, playing good poker. Not forgetting, the tonnes people would learn by watching a winning player crush and how they handle the different buyins etc at levels they are playing themselves.

Spoiler: Yes it is possible, it has been demonstrated hundres of times, fairly fast for a good player with enough volume. Doubt it's even remotely worth it to drop from NL400 for it.

You are very wrong about the twitch audience, they flock to big numbers, big stakes, big stacks, big pots, big wins, big MTT final tables, big challanges, big progress like uhlen made this month, crazy plays and crazy situations for alot of money like with Roni/Boa and other 400NL legends. In contrast watching 2$ push/fold is capital B Boooring. People that make a 40 to 1k challange are a dime a dozen (some succesful, most not) , IMO uhlen has both the skills and the bankroll to make much more exciting content than 2$ SNGs 😃

Alright guys, we are back!

Had some technical issues over the past few days, so been unable to play or stream. The problem seems to be resolved now, so we will be back on the grind today! Last week we were only able to play 2-3 days, but we managed to squeeze out a €1150 profit during that period, which is good. We are now standing at €41,100 – being a lot closer to the end goal than we were expecting this "early" in the challenge. Bankroll graph under:

2048134196_Week5graph.JPG.a920a14c623d6a6816397be59eacbc80.JPG

I've also made a small highlight video, picking a few hands from the first month of play that stood out. I didn't do an amazing job with noting down timestamps for interesting hands, but I think I got like 7-8 hands in there. I'll try to do a better job marking interesting hands in the future. Also I will stop taking song requests for a while, and just play a premade playlist with non-copyrighted songs. The way it works now is that my video's get muted because of the copyrighted music, and as such I have to add commentary to hands while editing. I think it's better to get real-time commentary, as this more accurately shows my thought process in the actual hands. SO, this is turning into a longer rant than expected, so I'll cut it short here. Check out the youtube video below, any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers guys, and good luck!

PS. We are live in a few minutes @ https://www.twitch.tv/uhlenpoker 

Crazy highlight video, I'm sorry but I laughed so hard when you got binked by the 109 for a backdoor straight.

I could never play A3 like that though, you are basically inducing him or her to shove with a flush draw there? Your thought process makes sense kind of, and of course I do not know your dynamics with this player, but still this play also seems kind of mad to me, but then again what do I know. It makes for a good video anyway :D

Thank you for putting it together, it's great to see those fun hands again :laugh:

Opinion: I do prefer the highlights video with commentary added after, because then you talk about only that one hand, while in original clips you have lots of stuff going on at once 😃

Alright guys, week 5 is a wrap!

We played cash games from wednesday to saturday, accumulating just above €2000 in the process. We also ran a few tournaments saturday night, without too much success. Sunday we also started off with some cash games, but decided to hop into some tournaments in the afternoon. We had played an FCOOP (French Championship of Online Poker at Pokerstars.fr (€50 6-max €200kg)) event on saturday, where we made day two with a huge stack. I think we were in 16/100 when day two started. Bricked most of our tournaments for the night, but ended up going deep in two different FCOOP events. With €22k and €36k up top, we were getting excited going into the last 3 tables of both tournaments. Ended busting the first one in 25th place, in a pretty standard spot. Not too much to do and we still had a chance in the biggest one. 

Second one was a nailbiter. We were the chipleader with 8 people left, and had high hopes for maybe making a big score. Here is the payout structure:

Payouts.JPG.08800961a383a5e7d223b1548d76250f.JPG

So one guy busts, and we are now 7 people left and on the final table bubble (6-max event). We have a pretty good table 3-handed, having position on a weaker player, who we felt we had good control over. We keep battling it out for a long time 7-handed. We lose a couple of medium sized pots, small stacks keep doubling up in allins, and suddenly we find ourselves in 6th place, although everyone has fairly similar chipstacks except for 7h place who only has like 14 BB. Anyways, table dynamics are aggressive, and we have a feeling that the weaker player is getting fed up. We pick up AQo in the SB and the button opens. We have 44 BBs and the button has like 54 BBs. At this point we have a fairly though decision I think. We have fairly deep stacks, and since there is a shortstack at the other table, we don't really want to bust in 7th place because of ICM. I've asked a few tournament end-bosses about this hand and gotten different answers. One guy said he would only call and play potcontrol because of ICM, and one guy said we should just go with our read and try to give ourselves a good chance at chipleader pot and probably securing a top 3 finish. I am still not sure what I like best, but we decided to go with a 3-bet call because of the dynamics. We felt pretty certain that we had our opponent on semi-tilt and that he would shove light. We were indeed correct in our assumptions, and he did not take long to jam it in for the chiplead-pot. We take a moment to prepare ourselves mentally for what's ahead, and we press the call button. We see A9s. Perfect. Blank flop. 9 on the turn. Blank river. Fml gg ul ty cu etc, busting in 7th place for €2,500. This tournament score is not included in bankroll challenge for those wondering, the bankroll challenge is only for Unibet.

2123553312_AQbust.thumb.JPG.b99e8013ed24ca76d4c28c628e7d1c58.JPG

1396596948_AQbust2.thumb.JPG.393a961cdfbad78eff7474ec47dc70ef.JPG

All in all it was a pretty brutal week in terms of marathon streams, and I felt completely exhausted waking up on monday morning. Thursday through sunday we streamed for a total of 48 hours, averaging 12 hours of streaming per day. I will try to take it more easy in the weeks coming, to not burn myself out completely.

Alright, this is turning into a small novel, so I think I'll wrap it up here. Thanks for the great rail during the tournament run on sunday. Not sure exactly how many people we had watching at peak but it was between 300 and 400 somewhere. Awesome! Back on the twitch streets tomorrow at 14.00, so till then, adios amigos and senoritas, and good luck to everyone!

(Oh yeah, see the challenge graph below!)

287210086_Week6graph.JPG.23838e703662fae9a9c51da9e72173bc.JPG

Hello again,

Last week was filled with ups and downs. Can't really remember too much of the ups, as they have been replaced in my mind by the horrible downs. BUT I can tell from my graph here that we profited €5800 on thursday, and €1500 on friday, before we got toasted on saturday for like €3900. The €5800 profit on thursday includes exchanging a Unibet Open package for cash game tickets, so only €3800 were made at the tables. On sunday we played some tournaments on various sites. Sunday warmup, sunday million, some FCOOP events, including the €1000 main event. We bricked basically everything, and probably lost around $1500-$2000 across the different sites. Oh well. The FCOOP main event was a blast though, being a progressive KO tournament (half of the buyin goes towards prizepool and half goes into your own bounty). We built a big stack early, and collected a couple of bounties, basically just by playing straight forward and getting paid off. That has the be the softest €1000 tournament of the year. Over half my table had a funplayer-tag after a few hours of play. We then managed to lose a big pot with KJs in a squeezed pot, where we tried to bluff a villain with an assumed capped range. He ended up showing us a hand that should not be in his preflop calling range, which threw us off. I'll post the hand below and give my brief thoughts.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/21486132_990A5DC83D

We squeeze KJs in the SB (fairly standard I think, esp. in a prog KO tourney.), and get coldcalled by the BB, who was playing 31/19 at this point. When he coldcalls the 3bet here with two players left to act behind, we assume he has a fairly narrow range. My thoughts were something like 77-JJ, AQo+, AJs+ and maybe JTs/QJs/KQs. I assume he is gonna 4bet QQ/KK/AA and probably AK most of the time. So. Flop comes 79Tdd, and completely smashes his perceived range from my point of view. However, he only has 2,5x pot behind, and we do have a doublegutter+overcards. So my line of thinking is to checkraise allin, or to try to take it down on other streets if he shows weakness. I think the checkraise allin here is a line I would take with my overpairs alot of the time aswell, so I hope and think we are fairly balanced here. Villain decides to check behind though. At this point we can pretty much exclude 77/99/TT, and probably also JJ/QQ from his range. His range is pretty much capped to one pair hands. So we decide to apply pressure. We bet around 40% pot on the turn, and opponent calls. At this point I had his range down to 88/TJs/QJs/maybe some high diamond hand, although I expect him to just bet-call KQ of diamonds etc on the flop. The river brings another 7, which seems like it should rarely hit him. He should not be calling preflop with 67s/78s/A7s so we feel fairly confindent that he has some medium showdownvalue here. I decide to jam for 1.2x pot. Opponent calls us down and to our disappointment shows that he indeed called pre with 67s. I think our jam looks alot stronger than betting half pot or whatever here, as it is a knockout tourney, and if we had a strong holding we would likely be going for it all.

Let me know what you guys think of the hand, I've asked multiple people (including some end bosses) about it, and already gotten quite different answers.

That will be it for this weeks update. Posting challenge graph under.

474641043_Week7graph.JPG.164d63d2d36d971ea450873e2d6ce65e.JPG

Cheers and CU back on the twitch streets today!

Hi guys,

Just poppin in to give a quick update on the bankroll challenge and what's up going forward.

Since we reached €50k a couple of times now, I decided to call the bankroll challenge completed. People have been asking if I will continue streaming after this, and the answer is yesssss. These last two months on twitch have given me tremendous amounts of inspiration to keep grinding. The positive reinforcements and fun people hanging out in the chat has been giving the monotonous grind some interactive elements which has been great. So thanks to everyone who has been hanging out, and special thanks to the OG's who has been frequenting the chat from the getgo!

The last weeks of 2016 will be filled with travel, and not as much time for streaming. The pre-set schedule has therefore been omitted untill new years. First up will be the Norwegian Championships in Oslo. I will be travelling there friday morning, and staying for 5 days. From Oslo I will be travelling directly to Bucharest to attend the Unibet Open event there. Really looking forward to this one, I am sure it will be a blast as always! After that I am considering going to EPT Prague, but I will decide on this when it get's closer. Rumours are that Unibet will have some really cool promotions in December, alongside their new client release. So I miiiight actually skip Prague to put in some good volume on Unibet that month. I am also travelling home for christmas a few days before christmas eve, and staying there untill the beginning of January. Since my laptop is not powerful enough to stream, twitching will also be put on hold for those two weeks.

So, exciting times and a lot to look forward to for the next two months. I will be streaming as much as I can during mid-december though, without following a particular schedule. So follow me on Twitch and Twitter to stay up to date on that. Will also be updating from the live tournaments on Twitter.

Alright guys that'll be it for now. Hope to see many of you in Bucharest, to put some faces to the nicknames!

hey,

congrats to end up ur challenge faster then expected. idk its good/bad news that u have complete ur challenge that fast because iam missing a really high end stream like u did.

All the funny chat we had on stream, ur insane play with thoughts on table, all the nice songrequests from the users, 8-12hours grinding day for like 5days a week <- men, ur a boss!!! 👍

I wish u and all community member that playing in Bucarest much luck and fun and maybe some beers ;)

cheers body

Hi guys, this is gonna be a long one so get your coffee cups/popcorn/TLDR rants.

We are back on the interwebs after living it up in the real world for a couple of weeks. We first travelled to Oslo to play the Norwegian Championship of Poker. Was planning to play a couple of tournaments there, the deepstack 6max and the main event. Ended up un-regging the deepstack to go out for some beers with some friends in Oslo. Not the most +ev decision but definitely the best +happiness decision. We went to this retro gaming /craft beer bar in city centre called Tilt (legit name aswell). They have an amazing craft beer selection, and tooons of arcade games. They have old school flipper games, street fighter arcades, shooters etc. Also got quite a few shuffle board tables and a really cool atmosphere. ANYWAYS, we played the main event a couple of days later. The main event of this event is huge, and had over 2000 entrants, which is amazing since it's for norwegians only. Had an OK table and was building a decent stack early on. Then in the middle of day 1 we got into a huuge pot holding AKo. UTG shoves for like 13 bigs utg and we flatcall utg+1. Folds around to the bigblind who shoves for like 35 bigs or so after tanking for a long time. We call and he shows JJ. The guy who shoved UTG had KTo, which is obv way to weak to be jamming in this spot. Anyways, JJ holds up and we lose a pretty substantial pot. We struggle to regain momentum and a couple of levels later we reshove AKo over a raise, the guy makes a marginal call with 55 and the board runs out all bricks. GG us. Big congrats to my mate Preben Stokkan who took down the event for $173k. Just a week later he also placed 6th in the WPT Prague main event for $25k. Bosses gonna boss.

Next event was Unibet Open Bucharest. Was stoked to play this event, and to get to meet alot of the people from the community, alot of them who also frequents the stream. We managed to draw a pretty rough table. I was chatting it up with the two people to my direct right, and they told me they were NL400 and NL200 regs from Sweden and Romania. Not what I wanted to hear. After a couple of hours of play we also got placed on the feature table, which was fun. I always enjoy playing feature tables, just cause it doesn't bother me while it might bother others (in terms of making suboptimal plays because they don't wanna look stupid etc). Played some interesting hands, first one being AJo on the btn at blinds 150/300/25. Swedish reg opens the HJ for 700 and the Romanian reg 3bets him to 2k from the CO. I think we had approx 26k-27k effective with both players. The Romanian guy had been playing a 3b or fold preflop strategy, so we expected him to be pretty wide in this spot. We had seen him 3betting suited connectors etc earlier. The Swedish guy is also gonna be fairly wide opening it up from the HJ with two unknowns in the blinds. So we decide to pump it up a bit, 4betting to 5125. In retrospect this 4bet is too big IMO. We could have accomplished pretty much the same thing 4betting to 4500-4600. Anyways the Swedish guy jams on us and we have to fold. Meh. Checking the stream later the Swede had KK and the Romanian 3better had A6s, so we were correct about him being wide atleast. We played another interesting hand where we open 96s in the CO, into 3 fairly straight forward players. BB defends and we see a flop of K43sxx. He checks and I cbet small for 525 into 1700 ish. He checkraises to 1600. In this spot his valuerange is sooo narrow, and I felt he was the type of player to give up on the turn if he got called on the flop. So I take a few seconds, before hitting the imaginary call-button. Turn brings the 5x, which is interesting. First off it gives us an open ended straight draw, second it also helps his range quite a bit, as I imagine alot of his bluffs on the flop will be A2/A5/56/67 variations. He keeps betting, which leads me to believe he caught a piece, or that he actually had something on the flop (since from his perspective we are not bet-calling alot of hands on the flop that we are folding on this turn). However, he bets small enough that we have to call with our openender, so we call. River is a 6, so now we got a pair, but the board is quite scary being K3456. He makes a very value-looking bet for 30-35% of the pot. I think for a while and pitch my hand into the muck. In retrospect this might be a call, seeing how this guy kept playing. He was making some very unorthodox bluffs/plays later in the tournament, and was not as straight forward as we thought. He is also the player who ends up busting us from the tournament in the end. We open KK utg to 1675, he 3bets to 4000 straight, we jam for 14k or something like that and he calls with TT. Flop QT5ccc and we hold the Kc. Turn J so we pick up additional outs, holding a flushdraw and open ender. River brings another Q however and GG. Fun tournament though, and there was alot of interesting spots. Also surprised how good the players at my table was playing. From what I heard there was some tables where people basically needed hand strenght charts to play. Meh, in London I am getting one of those tables for sure, I can feel it! All in all a very enjoyable experience though. Was fun to put some faces to many of the people from twitchchat / unibetforums. , , , , , , , , , ,  aaand everyone else. Kinda regret going into names, cause now i know I forgot someone... :laugh: 

SO, what's up next? I spent some time yesterday editing my twitch layout, to fit the new Unibet tables. So we are all ready to get back on the twitchgrind today. The stream will commence around 16.30, and I think 16.00 will be my new standard starting time going forward. As many people pointed out, there is more people playing from 16.00 and forward, and also more people have time to watch, after school/work/whatever. So we'll see how that works out. Excluding this first saturday and sunday I will stream every day until I go back to Norway for christmas (19th of December). So, alot of grinding and streaming the next couple of weeks. Let's get a hold of some golden tickets! Would not mind winning a 28 day trip around the world with business class airfare and 5 star hotels tbh. Would not mind at all actually. So LET'S DO THIS! (Also I will be hosting a twitch-viewer freeroll in a few days, with some cool prizes and bounties. So stay tuned for that!)

TL;DR: Lost money in Oslo, but had a lot of fun. Lost money in Bucharest, but had a lot of fun. #Worthit. #Whoneedsmoneyanyways? Gonna be grinding it up hard next 2 weeks. Back on the twitch streets today at 16.30. Viewer freeroll coming up, stay tuned!

Archived