I am now live on Twitch. Drop in and say hi!

Hymn2Ninkasi

So as I mentioned in my previous post there will be a viewer freeroll tonight at 18:00 CET. There will be a €200 prizepool, aswell as bounties on me and some others. We made the mistake of giving out the password yesterday, but as pointed out by different people this was not the greatest of ideas. Therefore we cancelled the tournament and opened a new one with a new password. The password will be given out during todays stream, probably close to the start of the freeroll. This is to avoid the password being spread around and the freeroll filling up with randoms. The freeroll is meant to be a perk for the stream viewers, so this is the reasoning for that. 👍

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello people of the internets, long time no see!

Yesterday we finally made our way back to the twitch streets, after too long of a break. The plan was intentionally to hit up streaming again asap after christmas break, so 5th of january or so... That plan failed however, as I found myself having fevers, severe headaches and all the other good stuff around that time. We are however BACK, and we had our first stream yesterday.

The session kicked off with us losing, losing and losing. I decided not to check bankroll while playing, and from now on I will rather be updating after every session how it went, instead of checking during play. But it was easy to tell we were losing, we just didn't know how much... A few hours in however, things started turning, and towards the end of the session I felt pretty confident we were winning a decent chunk. We had a lot of good tables during the last few hours, and people were just paying off with any two cards there for a while. SO, finishing up the session we checked the account balance and found that we made 7 buyins, for a nice €2800 score. Great way to start 2017!

We also had a new viewer record of 580 ish people watching, which was awesome. Much due to the fact that we hosted a viewer freeroll though, which tends to attract alot of viewers. But hey, I'll take it! Guess we are gonna have a rough time maintaining high view-numbers going forward, as Jason Somerville, Doug Polk, Staples and Tonka will be streaming alot. Hopefully I can attract some viewers who enjoys seeing some midstakes cashgames though, as most other big streamers stream tournaments. We'll see!

Anyways, thanks to everyone who tuned in yesterday! I hope to see you all back in the coming days. I'll be streaming thurs, fri, sat and sunday this week, and I think that will be my main schedule going forward. Start and end times are still to be decided.

P.S. I also just made a facebook page + instagram account. I realize that many of my viewers don't have twitter accounts, but most have facebook accounts. So throw me a like/follow on those media platforms if you want to know what's up! (I've yet to start posting on the instagram, but I'll start posting there soon.)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UhlenPoker

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/uhlenpoker/

Alright guys, this is already TL;DR so let's cut it here. Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

What's up boys and gurls!

Just came back to Budapest last night, after a few days of the live pokers in Vienna. I was there with 7 friends of mine from Norway. I've known most of these guys since 2006 or so, and it's for sure a fun group to travel with. I travelled there by bus, which was nice. It actually saved me time, hassle and money, compared to flying there (it took about 3 hours and cost me €28 in total). Also no waiting in line for security check etc etc. Will definitely travel by bus again to nearby live stops.

We played the €550 main event on friday. Didn't take it too seriously in terms of preparation, and could for sure have skipped the 2-3 last beers on thursday. We felt ok going into it though, and not in bad shape/super hungover or anything. We had a really nice start of day one, and doubled up pretty early with AJhh vs 78hh on 26Khhh flop. From there I chipped up nicely, without taking too much risks or showdowns. The field was very soft, and accumulating was not very hard at all. I think I peaked at 110k or something, before losing a couple of big pots to bring us back down to 75k ish at the end of day 1. Day two I was completely card dead, tried to steal some pots, with varying degree of success. About 10-15 places before ITM I picked up JJ and utg opened for 2,5x. I had about 15-20 bigs or so, so only play was really to shove allin. BB woke up with AQ and isolated us. Board ran out AQ79Q or something, so not really too much of a sweat. Oh well.

The "highroller" (€1100) event was next. Only 24 players registered the tournament, but I would classify maybe 7-8 of these as recreational players. I did not have an amazing start however, and lost a few pots early by 3 betting AK a couple of times and jacks once, and losing all 3 without getting to showdown. At 250/500/50 level I am sitting at a 11k stack, and I look down at KQo.

Generally a fairly easy shove with 22 bigs from the CO here, but I had weak players sitting both on the button and in the SB, so I decided to raise it to 1100 instead. Both btn and sb calls, before BB (who I perceive as a good player) jams all in for 11k. I think it might be a close spot with KQo here, but seeing how this is an excellent rejamming spot for BB, I will assume he is gonna jam all pairs, all Axs, all broadways and a bunch of suited connector type hands. We call and he has AJs. K on the turn and we now have about 25k. From there it was pretty much smooth sailing into the final table. Not too much interesting stuff happening at the FT until we are 5 people left (4 people gets paid). At this point I am third in chips, and the chipleader has heaps. This ofcourse makes for a tricky situation, as the chipleader can just abuse the medium stacks, since they pretty much have to fold everything to avoid bubbling. Prizes was €9k - €6,6k - €4,4k and €3k. We played the bubble for 3,5 hours, which was the longes bubble I have ever played, and the bubble bursted around 6.30 in the morning. So in the money we only get the chance to play a few hands before I pick up A7o on the button. The stacks were as follows: CO has 90k, I have 75k, SB has 120k and BB has 195k. I was really unsure in the moment if to minraise and fold to a jam, or just to jam myself. As I am mostly a cash game player, these are definitely spots I need to do more research on in the future. Anyhow, I ended up jamming, feeling that A7o was right on the border of profitability. BB ended up calling with A9dd and board ran out 22Tdd, 2x, Jd giving him the nutflush and busting me out in 4th. After I came home I checked the hand in Hold'em Resources calc, which gave me the following range for shoving: 22+, A2s+, A9o+, K7s+, Kto+, Q9s+, Qjo, J9s+ and T9s... In other words, my shove is way too loose. It might not seem way too loose, but the above-mentioned range is 21% of hands. For me to include A7o in my shoving range there I need to shove 29,1% of hands. Sooo pretty big mistake there I guess. Atleast we cashed and profited on the trip as a whole.

That will be it for now, I'm gonna hit the gym and continue to progress towards being healthier and fitter in 2017 than I was in 2016. Feeling and seeing the changes already SeemsGood. After that I'll be back streaming today, probably around 17.00. Had a bit of connection issues yesterday, so I hope we manage to stay connected throughout the whole session today!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HELLO, PEOPLE OF THE UNIBET COMMUNITY.

I've decided to bring this blog back to life, sort of, as I am planning to do a new bankroll challenge at beginning of 2018. Until then I'll just do tidbits from my regular blog, alongside some updates (spam) when I go live on Twitch etc!

So for anyone interested; I'll post some fun hands from Unibet UK Poker Tour Brighton, where we played on a pretty fun table with @ChapInAChair@balticblonde, and @FeelsBadMan!

1414750477_Funtable.thumb.jpg.05c5a005e9d2e7f2f9db71e8053f0418.jpg

(From left to right: Adrian “@FeelsBadMan” Nica – ? – Mark “@ChapInAChair” Tearney. – Daiva “@balticblonde ” Byrne

Hand #4 – Taking @ChapInAChair out for dinner in value town

The hand in question takes place at blinds 150/300 without antes, and the player UTG had made a raise to 700. Tearney made the call from the HJ, SB called and the Rising Star defended his BB with the grim looking A7o. They went four ways to the flop 378ccx, which was checked around. The turn brought an offsuit 3 and the Rising Star made a bet for 900 into the pot of 2,800, a bet which only Tearney called. At this point, the Rising Star figured Tearney most likely had some kind of weak showdown value hand, like 7x, 44, 55, 66 or maybe even a hand like AJ/AQ. He expected him to bet most of his 8+ hands as well as most of his draws on the flop, given that he was closing the action. The river brought an offsuit four and hero made a bet of 700, trying to squeeze out some thin value. Tearney pondered for a while, before making the call and promptly mucking his hand.

Hand #5 – Going for thin value with a rivered pair

An older gentleman who had been playing fairly straightforward opened to 700 at 300bb from UTG+2 and the Rising Star found himself in the BB with KJs. He defended his blind and the flop came down 346r. He checked and villain checked behind. At this point, the Rising Star figured that villain usually has some marginal showdown value hand like A3s, A4s, A6s or a hand like AK/AQ/AJ. The turn brought a 7, and he figured it was a decent spot to take a stab to fold out villains ace high hands. He bet 700 into 1,550 and villain called fairly quickly. The dealer turned over the river card, which was a jack, giving the Rising Star top pair. He figured that he probably had the best hand at this point, but that it was gonna be hard getting calls from worse hands if he was to bet big. He decided to go really small and bet 650 into the pot of now 2,950. Villain thought about it for a long time before making the call with AJo, stating that he was considering raising for value.

Hand #6 – Time to exploit

This hand was pretty interesting, as the Rising Star decided to use some previous dynamics to his favor. The hand begins with the MP opening to 750 at 300bb, without any antes in play. The Rising Star made the call with 55 from the LJ, and both HJ and BTN (the older gentleman from hand #5) came along as well. The flop was 456r, a pretty good flop for the Rising Star. The opener checked and the Rising Star made a bet of 2,100 into the pot of now 3,450. Only the button made the call. At this point, the Rising Star figured the buttons range to still be fairly wide. He thought that this player would slow play many of his made hands and that he would also call with many draws. His range could, therefore, look something like sets, two pairs, straights, naked straight draws and pair+straight draws like 67s, 68s etc. The turn brought the 6s bringing a flush draw along. Two options presented themselves: either to keep firing to get value from villains marginal hands like 77, 88, 99 etc, or to check/raise, attempting to get max value from hands like 78s, 67s or A7s. The Rising Star decided to check and villain checked behind to the Rising Star’s dismay. The river brought an offsuit 9, a card that does not change much. Given that last time they had played together, the Rising Star had made a really small bet with a really marginal hand, he decided to try the same again, only this time with a really strong hand. He figured that this would work well for a few reasons: If villain had a hand like 77-88, he would call a small bet but not a big one. If he had a good but not amazing hand (like 6x or a straight) he would potentially raise for value. If he had a hand like A3s/A7s he would be tempted to raise as a bluff given how weak the Rising Star was last time he made a bet this size. The chosen bet size was 1,100 into the pot of 7,650. After some deliberation, villain non-surprisingly made a raise to 3,100. They were playing pretty deep, as both players had like 20k behind. It felt like the plan had worked, but at the same time, the Rising Star was not 100% sure his hand was best. Villain could definitely have a hand like 64s or 99, giving him a superior full house, but he could also, of course, have a hand like 67 or even 78. After some consideration, the Rising Star decided to take the lower variance route of just calling, and villain turned over K7s for a missed straight draw.

Hand #7 – Flopping a straight flush draw and getting action

At this point, the Rising Star had just been moved to a new table, and he had only been dealt one hand at his new table previous to the following hand. He had built a healthy stack of 38,000, with the blinds and antes being at 400/800/100. One player limped MP with a stack of around 60,000. The Rising Star was next to act, and he peaked down at the very sexy Js9s. Assuming that the limper might have been a weaker player with a wide range, he decided to make a raise trying to isolate the “assumed weaker player”. He made it 3,000 and the limper made the call. The flop fell down AcTs7s for a gutshot straight flush draw, also known as too many outs. Villain tapped the table, and the Rising Star made a cbet of 2,600. There is probably an argument to be made for going bigger here since the board is really coordinated, but our hero figured that by betting small, he could fire a lot of turns and rivers and hopefully make villain fold a hand like Ax/Tx. Villain had other plans, however, and check-raised to 7,600. The Rising Star had approximately 32,000 left in his stack and now a decision to make. Flat calling would let him preserve his tournament life, and maneuver turns and rivers in position. Jamming would let him realize all his equity, while potentially denying his opponent his by folding out all his bluffs (KQ, KJ, J9, 89 etc). His opponent was naturally unknown since the Rising Star had just sat down. However, assuming he was somewhat average, his assumed value range was determined to be 77, A7s and AT. Villain could even be raising a hand like AJ or A9 trying to “figure out where he is at”, whereby the Rising Star would “tell him” where he was at by shoving, and thereby making him fold a superior hand. It was decided that the best play was shoving, and villain quickly made the call, tabling A7s for two pairs. Turn and river naturally bricked out, as the Rising Star had way too many outs. He yet again congratulated villain on his €100 bounty and wandered out of the tournament area, still without making a day two in a UK Poker Tour event.

Three ambassadors managed to cash the main event, @DavidLappin@DaVitsche, and the Rising Star’s roomie Rauno “Estonian Jesus” Rahvonen (who even final tabled it, finishing in 7th place). Expect to see great things from this shoeless long-haired man in 2018, you heard it here first! (So in this scenario the Rising Star is Fedor Holz and Estonian Jesus is Steffen Sontheimer. Just play along.) A big thank you to Unibet who brought the UK Poker Tour back to Brighton, which is my favorite UK city! I for sure hope they bring it back there next year!

If you want to read the full blog post, you can do so here.

Other than that I will be live on Twitch this afternoon, playing some of Unibet's new tournaments, mixed in with some high stakes cash games. Not exactly sure when I'll go live yet, but if you follow on some of the sosial medias you'll be sure to know (cause I spam that shit hard when I go live). I'll even make it easy for you:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Alright guys, hope you enjoyed the blog. Until next time, cheers and good luck! :Heart::Thumbsup::Cash::Clubs::Spades::Hearts::Diamonds:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, dear blog readers and hand history aficionados!

This post will not be focused on tournaments, but for once I get to discuss some LIVE cash games! FeelsGoodMan. Two weeks ago we attended the “Cash Game Festival” in our new hometown, Tallinn! It was an awesome event, and we played everything from very splashy and fun €2/€2 SDC (Super Dealers Choice) games to some €5/€10 NLHE vs very strong opponents. The best game of the week was definitely a late night €5/€10 game, involving two very wealthy businessmen.

2017-11-19-17.28.29-e1512122398319-768x1024

Hand #1: €1/€2 NLHE – Flopping trips in a 3bet pot

I’ve just sat down at this table, but I can already tell it’s a good one. Third hand I play one fun-player limps and I make it €11 with A3s from MP. Button who looks like your typical online reg wiz kid 3-bets to €35. BB decided to cold-call and I make the call as well. Flop comes down very favourable for our hand, 334r. BB checks, I check and the 3-better makes a cbet of €40 into the pot of now €108. BB calls and I check-raise to €125. Wiz kid calls and the BB lets it go. Turn brings the Tc and we are first to act. My memory is vague when it comes to stack sizes, but I think we had slightly more than pot size left (pot = €358 ). It’s a spot where I think both our bluffing range and value range is fairly narrow. Our value range is something like A3s, 44 and perhaps 34s (if I raise that pre). Our bluffing range is 56s, A2s and A5s basically. I think we could go either way in this spot, either jam now or check turn and jam river. I believe it looks very strong to check turn and jam river though, and I think our best chances of getting called by QQ/KK/etc will be by jamming turn. I decide to stick it in and opponent thinks for a while before calling. The river is a 5 and he mucks his hand after seeing mine. He never said what he had but it’s fair to assume it was some overpair.

2017-11-18-22.15.26-e1512485747971-768x1024

Hand #2: €2/€2 NLHE – Flopping top pair on a wet board multiway

The hand begins with a funplayer open-limping the CO. I look down at KQhh in the SB and I bump it up to €11. BB defends and the CO also calls. Flop comes down 67Qccs, giving us top pair with a good kicker. I make a big c-bet of €30 into the pot of €33, as the board is very coordinated and connects well with both their ranges. BB basically min-raises, making it €65. CO folds and I think we have a couple of options. First of all, let’s think about what hands he would do this with. The board is very coordinated, and he is giving us an amazing price to draw to our hand if we have a draw. Would he really be giving us this good of a price with a strong holding? Would he not rather raise bigger to protect his equity? It’s hard to say sometimes, cause in these live games there are many funplayers who basically are just clicking (imaginary) buttons. I think his most common holdings with this sizing are either gonna be showdown value hands of medium strength, where he “wants to find out where he stands”, or draws, where he wants to make a small raise on the flop to check back turn and get two cheap streets. So taking this into account, I actually don’t like how I played this hand. I think I should be bet-3betting the flop, trying to get it in vs his perceived medium strength range. Anyways, I make the call and the turn comes the 2s, bringing a second flush draw on board. I check and he quickly checks behind. The river is the 9 of hearts, not really completing any real draws except for T8, which I think is fairly unlikely anyways. Considering that he snap-checked behind on the turn, I got the feeling that he had some kind of showdown value hand. I think that if he had a draw, he would at least consider firing the turn as a semi-bluff. Taking that into account I figured our hand was good enough to go for some river value. I bet €60 and he calls. I turn over my hand and he mucks, what he after told me was pocket eights. Not a big fan of his play, but not a huge fan of mine either, as I think I should have re-raised the flop.

Cash-Game-FestivalTallinn-2017-IMG_6082-768x512

The rest of the blog post can be found over at www.uhlenpoker.com - where there is also a €50 Unibet Open qualifier giveaway going on at the very bottom of this post. Head over there to check it out, and if you scroll a bit down you can also read about my adventures from Battle of Malta (which I forgot to post here)! :Sleepy: :Ok:

Archived