Poker: Server Issues From 06/07/22 to 09/08/22 ** Resolved **

Andy-Relax

We're going to use this thread to post updated regarding the ongoing server issues affecting the poker product.

On Wednesday (6th) evening around 18:25 CEST, the ISP that provides connectivity for the poker server started experiencing a degradation in service due to a number of DDOS attacks. This caused connection issues for players and triggered the automatic pause of all running tournaments (MTT/SNG/Hex), the pausing of new Hex/SNG games being generated and the automatic pause of any scheduled MTTs as soon as they started.

The ISP put in place measures to defend against the attacks and server stability improved. In order for the tournaments to be restarted, a manual intervention was/is required by the software developers but they were unable to reach the poker server to action this. The decision was made to manually cancel all active tournaments and scheduled tournaments until 09:00 CEST on the Thursday (7th) and SNG/Hexapro game creation remained off for the same period. Cash games were unaffected by the pause and were active overnight.

On the morning of the 7th reports started coming in that customers were having issues logging into the poker client with "Unable to identify your location" errors. Unfortunately, these errors are a result of the DDOS mitigation tools the ISP is using to defend against the still ongoing attacks and are resulting in legitimate customer login attempts being blocked.

If the ISP disables the the tools, the affects of the DDOS increase and all players get disconnections. If the tools stay on, the login attempts are going to fail for players sporadically. The attacks are ongoing so we have to keep the tools active which unfortunately will cause login issues for some customers for the time being. Most customers are managing to log in after a number of retries and for some, restarting their router to get a new IP (if your ISP assigns them dynamically) can improve your chances of a successful login.

There are still small spurts of degradation in connection stability to the poker server so if you do lose connection during your session and believe you require a refund, then please either post in this thread or contact CS and we'll issue compensation as required.

08/07/2022 - We're now also experiencing a delay in winnings from tournaments and buy-outs from cash game tables reaching players accounts. These transactions are being recorded on the poker server, they're just not reaching the Unibet server to put the funds on your account. We're aware of this and working on it. We have a record of everything so you will receive your funds once the issue is resolved. - RESOLVED

Update 10/07 (15:00)  - Attacks are still ongoing so  you are likely to continue to be affected by login and connectivity issues. 

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused. We'll continue to update this thread as and when we have updates

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Poker Janitor

52 minutes ago, Frongeb said:

Hi, I dont see any refund of buyin for my last two 5E Hexapro games. Can you check it?

Only paused tournaments from 06/07 were automatically refunded.

You were given 1000 BP at lunchtime

Poker Janitor

I have problems with logging in on mobile (android 7).  An error occurs, but the app "lets me in". Not sure if it's connected to ongoing problems but didn't see anything like this mentioned recently.

Screenshot_20220709-143316.png

Screenshot_20220709-143602.png

Screenshot_20220709-143743.png

4 hours ago, Check_Norris said:

Hello, is the problem solved for everyone? I'm not on my computer, when I launch the software, I have a blank page... Could this be another problem?

blanc.png

Check your graphics card drivers are up to date, it's usually the cause of white screen issues. Windows 7 is no longer supported so if that doesn't resolve you're problem you'll need to use the web client or upgrade your OS.

Poker Janitor

Hey Andy. Can u check my last 4-5 sng-s? I was disconnected and at least at three tables i was completely blinded out and i. I had to try many many times to log in and after that the same thing happened. Can u issue me a fair recompensation?

Edited by Xerka23

On 7/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, Andy-Unibet said:

We're going to use this thread to post updated regarding the ongoing server issues affecting the poker product.

On Wednesday (6th) evening around 18:25 CEST, the ISP that provides connectivity for the poker server started experiencing a degradation in service due to a number of DDOS attacks. This caused connection issues for players and triggered the automatic pause of all running tournaments (MTT/SNG/Hex), the pausing of new Hex/SNG games being generated and the automatic pause of any scheduled MTTs as soon as they started.

The ISP put in place measures to defend against the attacks and server stability improved. In order for the tournaments to be restarted, a manual intervention was/is required by the software developers but they were unable to reach the poker server to action this. The decision was made to manually cancel all active tournaments and scheduled tournaments until 09:00 CEST on the Thursday (7th) and SNG/Hexapro game creation remained off for the same period. Cash games were unaffected by the pause and were active overnight.

On the morning of the 7th reports started coming in that customers were having issues logging into the poker client with "Unable to identify your location" errors. Unfortunately, these errors are a result of the DDOS mitigation tools the ISP is using to defend against the still ongoing attacks and are resulting in legitimate customer login attempts being blocked.

If the ISP disables the the tools, the affects of the DDOS increase and all players get disconnections. If the tools stay on, the login attempts are going to fail for players sporadically. The attacks are ongoing so we have to keep the tools active which unfortunately will cause login issues for some customers for the time being. Most customers are managing to log in after a number of retries and for some, restarting their router to get a new IP (if your ISP assigns them dynamically) can improve your chances of a successful login.

There are still small spurts of degradation in connection stability to the poker server so if you do lose connection during your session and believe you require a refund, then please either post in this thread or contact CS and we'll issue compensation as required.

08/07/2022 - We're now also experiencing a delay in winnings from tournaments and buy-outs from cash game tables reaching players accounts. These transactions are being recorded on the poker server, they're just not reaching the Unibet server to put the funds on your account. We're aware of this and working on it. We have a record of everything so you will receive your funds once the issue is resolved. - RESOLVED

Update 10/07 (15:00)  - Attacks are still ongoing so  you are likely to continue to be affected by login and connectivity issues. 

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused. We'll continue to update this thread as and when we have updates

Accepted 

On 7/10/2022 at 3:56 PM, Andy-Unibet said:

Update 10/07 - Attacks are still ongoing so  you are likely to continue to be affected by login and connectivity issues. 

Hey Andy van you checky hexapro i played last nicht i wass kikked And Lost 5 euro. Thanks