These Are the Voyages...

Farseer

Slowly back to the games, grinding satellites for the upcoming Chip Stack Series.

Looking great series, as all buy-ins are 25€-100€ and guaranteeds are nice. 8 days running time is a huge plus. New regular MTT schedule is faring poorly with decreased guaranteeds and those tournaments really don't tempt me and 2 R/A's aren't reason enough. But with boosted guaranteeds and some added value they're much better deal!

While money MTTs went awry, like losing AAxx < KKxx flips for chiplead at PLO and going from solid chiplead 1/4 -> 4th place at NLO8 hyper PK=, got some tickets today and that 4th place paid less or more buy-ins for this 2 hour session:

d113.png?width=1336&height=770

d113.png?width=1336&height=770

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 2:35 AM, ThroneVertigo said:

Enjoyed skimming through the blog. 

Hope the diet is going well!

Thanks. Diet went well for first two weeks, after that have been bit lax with stuff. 4 weeks of grind is over today, but gonna try and keep sugar and wheat at minimum in the future and move a bit more than what I have done during the diet.

But started with 97,6 kg after long baccanals and today morning same weighting machine gave 92,2 kg, so lost some. Aim is to get to 75 kg before end of the year but that might be too much.

• Like 3

Been quiet night, I guess.

d123.png?width=327&height=861

Lots of flips behind, so got tickets for 8 days campaign starting tomorrow. Of course flips are usually no good since they are either full or get cancelled as minimum players required to run was increased from 7 to 8 or 3 to 4. Some even had their minimun entries increased so that there's no chance to any overlay (which makes no sense to have multiple such tournaments cluttering schedule - rather would just have one flip sit and go on demand instead).

But got too little time to play regular satellites and rather play mostly regular tournaments when playing big ones - satellites take lots of concentration and completely different playstyle. They're valuable as hell though.

Edited by Farseer
  • Like 2

Damn. Horrible start, couldn't just hit anything and met too many setups. Good playing, but 3 entries to 100€ re-entry and 2 cashes from micros so horrible Sunday.

Of course with 2 highest buy-in events draining most of buy-ins variance can be brutal. But null points and big minus is discouraging, though of course playing next week.

d124.png?width=1480&height=861

d126.png?width=1408&height=803

d127.png?width=1399&height=810

d128.png?width=1299&height=759

d129.png?width=1278&height=745

d130.png?width=1332&height=773

• Sad 1

Bad runs continued, but smaller buy-ins and 2 mincashes means much less lost money and one of those brought first points from results for leaderboard.

One satellite pretty much sums up last 2 day runs, almost back-to-back flip hands twice with pocket aces versus pocket fives got lost.

Mincashes got setup'd, pretty card dead at both near bubble and when got spots also got bust.

d132.png?width=1501&height=861

d135.png?width=1272&height=759

• Sad 1

Simply put: zero chance in hell. Just running so ridiculously bad that don't know if should cry or have hysterical laugh.

Pretty much sums up. Lost both, one below against jacks.

d137.png?width=712&height=861

Biggest one got busted at this, sometimes just wonder how wide people come in from UTG. Didn't re-entry (first time at the series when it was possible) as feeling shitty about poker once again + been running badly about 100€ tickets so saving them for another day.

d138.png?width=1301&height=757

0 cashes, just playing last ones until finish. 25€ Monsterstack nearing ITM and 8/44, but would need trophy to get myself back to good grindspot. 

Tomorrow and Thursday / Saturday still going to play, but if feeling tired gotta do so that take one hour nap instead of earlyregging as all first series MTTs for other 3 days are non-PKO events. Friday and Sunday start with PKO so would be good to start early.

It did start nice though, with donate like this:

d136.png?width=1316&height=765

• Sad 1

4 days behind and feeling bad about poker (again). Short sessions with interesting formats were somewhat fun last week, but grinding these Texas Hold'em deepstack events is not fun. Especially when not running well, so makes playing X hours pointless as endgame is always decided on shorter stacks and usually flips.

But anyway, some plans:

Trying to optimize tickets: right now I probably got (not necessarily) enough 50€ tickets from lotteries, so gonna skip part of those. 25€ tickets are much more versatile, as can use some of them for flips to 100€ tickets and there are more daily events to use them. 100€ tickets got just 3 with 5 events coming up, so far too few. 50€ tickets with only 14 days of expiry time and just 2 daily events are only potential problem here really when it comes to too many tickets, otherwise it is "too few tickets".

Sleep: Sleep better, sleep more. Take naps instead of earlyregging if necessary. For some reason I have got less sleep than usually which is not good for grinding, especially as with current sleep pattern evening session is tiring me down quickly. That's why been skipping later (good value) games in the session.

Table selection: less of those filler MTTs. Latereg early leaderboard MTTs if they are non-PKO and have crappy structure. Gotta find something better to play, something that's interesting. Maybe more NLO8.

Food: this has gone somewhat well, but better meal before session would support the game.

Leaderboard: Not much to do with current runs. Points for top17% is so bad (forced calculation, creates artificial double bubble) system that would really hope it would finally get fixed. Either give points for all scores or make it ITM only.

• Like 2

And it goes on and on and on and on... 87 small stack, A2 forced stacks in pre-flop but no chance in hell for big stack or bounties.

d141.png?width=1321&height=757

Expensive day with 2x 100€ events + 50€ event. Only 100€ "Fofty" going on, probably not even taking re-entry if I bust since nothing else running, ticket count running low and these runs are horrible.

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2023 at 2:01 PM, SShcherbyna said:

Only ITM be the best option, it is simple, clear and there are no double bubbles. 👍

That's why I like the leaderboard system in Community Leagues. It is as clear as possible without any formulas.

Honestly I don't like community league using cash results as points. It would also be ultra horrible at this one as biggest Sunday MTT winner would win leaderboard with just binking. It only works somewhat well when all of leaderboard MTTs have similar buy-ins and prize pools.

I think best (assuming that ITM is still impossible due to technical issues) available way to fix this would be to calculate top10 results or so for leaderboard. Current system is worst of both worlds.

Edited by Farseer

Close but no cigar. Horrendous endgameruns continue, from 1/6 -> 5th place and 1/8 -> 4th place at NLO8 PKO's when opponent just have godruns at late spots. As they were small'ish, no good scores.

And finally this one ruined into 7th place at second hand of FT. Had to take last flip though as bounties were most of the money and I actually got to open this spot with BB off-line with huge bounty. Too bad bigger stack had setup (was +EV even against that with 2 bounties at the pot). Winning that pot would be super huge (and their range was far wider than premium hands, that JTo came in with 20bb or so).

d144.png?width=1309&height=768

This was horrible setup against limping station at the earlier spot though. Opp limp-call-call-donk-line was horrible, but with big bounty and opponent being super soft with wide range got no chance getting rid at the turn.

d142.png?width=1394&height=838

And yeah, opponents also had bad hands when they were hunting bounties. At least got 1 bounty from this holding...

d145.png?width=1313&height=759

d146.png?width=1299&height=768

On positive note: my game is on top knot, as long as I don't get bored and tired which isn't as easy, especially when playing boring hold'em MTTs.

Problem has been that most of the time I do get bored and tired, as I've earlyregged these horrible leaderboard MTTs which play like 2-3 hours deepstack and after that real game begins with 20bb max effective stacks.

4 tables seems to be ideal spot, so gotta likely late reg non-PKO lb-MTTs in the future as they're horribly boring at the early game and eat one good spot for quick NLO8 MTT which keeps interest in the game. They're both good value tournaments and fun to play.

Well, horrible endgame runs continued. Won this one (opp bet-called and call-call flop + turn):

d149.png?width=1509&height=861

And exactly NOTHING after that, opponents luckily got lots of hands and after flipping QTs < A6s, 66 < AQo and drying up after that first shove meets setup QTs < AKo 3rd place for not much.

Endgames have been ultra horrible runwise, but today at least I got some! 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th means that still not a good day (especially as only 7th was bigger one counting for leaderboard), but better than earlier ones. 

That 10 R/A turbo isn't really turbo. After cutting rebuy levels and with 6 min blinds it is more or less regular speed tournament, over 4 hours of runtime (3 hours if lateregging) for less than 100 player late turbo R/A is often just too much.

Well, 2 days of grinding left. Leaderboard has gone ultra bad with just 3 mincashes, but if I manage to bink something it will give some bonus prizes. Though looks bad, 3x 100€ events and 2x 50€ and 2x 25€ events might make it look even much worse. Or I might bink two or three and claim good scores in addition to top3 spot at the leaderboard (no chance to reach Lucky Lappin though).

First well profitable day though. Could have been quite huge if would've run a bit better at the FT's as 3/4 were PKOs.

Edited by Farseer
  • Like 1

Just ultra horrible how badly these big events run. Latereg into super setup. 6-max texas re-entry is crappiest format for sure, but just running into these constanly makes one think if should've made final moment late reg instead of regging when there was room for 4th table.

d154.png?width=1279&height=777

No matter though, if hands would've been other way around still dealer would have given chips to opponent, like this:

d153.png?width=1290&height=754

Today was super expensive day despite playing best of my game, as mix of expensive MTTs and no chance in hell winning flips or dodging setups. At least three times busted as opponent flopped nuts and I flopped at least top pair. One of those days when it doesn't matter if you play perfectly: you just can't win.

Also lost last 100€ tickets. Been super bad part of the series that there's been lots of 100€ events but ZERO new satellites for those, either flips or regular satellites. That's just horrible planning. 2-seaters are no go when have always 4+ tables running, they simply take too much concentration.

Last flips at Title Fight. Just small NLO8 PKO and 50€ hyper (still at late reg) running, playing them until the end and back tomorrow to get rest of the beats. If I feel good, I will probably grind those Sunday satellites and try to grasp as many tickets as possible for last 100€ events.

Horrible call imo. but with my flip runs was never going to win this.

d158.png?width=1302&height=752

And of course, another horrible bet-call but better lucky than good.

d159.png?width=1304&height=763

Now: Few drinks and let's hope a miracle at the hyper. Even trophy at NLO8 PKO is so small that would only give like half of buy-ins back.

• Like 1

Day rhytm didn't go well in terms of satellites, so just took few last ones as woke up little time ago. As first 2 events are regular MTTs, lateregging them anyway. Skipping most other events, as it might well be that around 23:00 (Finnish time) I will have all 4 leaderboard MTTs going on so no room for many extra tournaments.

13th place at the leaderboard, but lots of players close behind and major gap in front of me so would need some score to retain top15 position for prizes.

To be honest, should've skipped these satellites - didn't eat anything before session. Well, chicken wings are easy to make and are almost ready, so not a huge problem especially with just 2 satellite tables going after busting 3rd one.

Good stuff that this series only last 8 days. Any longer grind would be problematic. Too bad that the great weather in Finland only lasted one week and upcoming May Day week is going to have much worse weather.

• Like 1

No luck with satellites. Probably minimizing damages (buy-ins) by lateregging 100€ events at the last moment and playing 25€ turbo and 50€ hyper PKO (of course) from the start. Got tickets for smaller ones, but no luck in regular or flip satellites so no tickets for 100€ events but can't completely skip them due to leaderboard.

Would be better playing them with unlimited entries, but don't feel like I want to lose 4-figs today.

Gotta take a short walk outside before the games.