Crypto - did you think about it ?

MadAdo

🤣 Did you pass Macro A and Monetary Policy in university? Can you explain in a few words how virtual currencies work and what the risks/rewards are in contrast to paper money or the gold standard?

If not, stay away. It's a scam, similar to almost 400 years ago when the Dutch went crazy over tulips.

You're welcome.

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@psrquack

Also, the question to you, where is the freaking value in those crypto currencies? Can you explain that to me in 3 sentences? I did pass Macro A and Monetary Policies (not that this is much to brag about) and I simply don't see it. If you guys like the thrill of gambooooooling on a Ponzi scheme, so be it, but this is not an investment...

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu: I'm not so educated like you, so I don't know, but if I will get some crypto instead of loyalty points and  poker rooms accept cryptos as deposit, then it seems a good thing using the cryptos like one type of deposit method. So learning and understand the system seems +EV for me, especially if other and international forums will reward their users via this method.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Typical response from someone that either doesn't understand the technology or hasn't bothered to try.  Here's your 3 big shot:

1) KYC

2) AML

3) Responsible gaming 

All three big issues with regulators and paper money.  

Last I'll (hopefully) say on this.  I'm a crypto guy and was led here due to a member of the Kindred Group being on the Board of Advisors (Check out the others by the way, its an MVP group of the industry).  Once here, I searched "crypto" to see if there was any talk about crypto/blockchain tech and came across this post.  So I decided to post because 1) @MadAdo derserved an educated answer and 2) to tell @WuDu your answer was amazing in so many ways.  I can't tell what you're more full of, ignorance or your ego.  

Blockchain tech is coming to gaming plan and simple.  All eyes are on Malta. 

crypto.PNG.4883e6dcae80dea91370bdb3c8c078b0.PNG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My 2 cents: cryptos are in general not a scam, there's some valuable technology behind it. But their value was and still is just based on pure speculation. And where's money, there's always lots of people trying to scam people by different kinds of hoaxes.

• 6 months later...

I had the experience of investing in Bitcoin half a year before it reached its maximum value. After an unsuccessful sale, I bailed on it. But I hope that crypto and blockchain will have a great future and I beleive in it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, WuDu said:

🤣 Did you pass Macro A and Monetary Policy in university? Can you explain in a few words how virtual currencies work and what the risks/rewards are in contrast to paper money or the gold standard?

If not, stay away. It's a scam, similar to almost 400 years ago when the Dutch went crazy over tulips.

You're welcome.

Well, well, well....

image.thumb.png.8df1be4bf6909e3a6c3ecf7275e4cf0f.png

image.png.d2a4778a62f0c314af93e872bd8844a7.png

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tom-brady-steph-curry-and-kevin-oleary-set-to-lose-big-from-ftx-bankruptcy-filing-11668205535

• Haha 1

caroline-ellison-ftx-ceo-alameda-research-feat-image-1.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=450

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing their voices and looking at them makes the whole FTX disaster even funnier to me.

image.png.3f5447332d4265ba7a82e1930317b124.png

Seems like Caroline spent a lot of time on her knees. Goodness gracious, be a gentleman and offer her a pillow!

• Haha 4