Nasty bit of variance

Eldred

So, I have pocket Js and the flop come J82, lag starts raising and we go All In...happy days! He shows AJ so I’m counting the money. Turn comes an Ace, River comes an Ace!!!

I reckon odds are over 1000/1...anyone been unluckier than that?

Everyone played over 1000s tournaments has the luck factor equalised.

The ability to remain indifferent facing such bad beats and the long losing stretches is one of the key factors for poker success or at least longlivety.

Of course there are certain lost hands that cannot be forgotten easily. Especially when they happen at important tourney a lot bigger than your daily ones.

After being bad beaten all day in more than 20 MTTS €1-€10 buy-ins I got my KK crushed by K2 in the Milky Way flop J22...

I didn't care too much as being with only 8BB, more than 15 ppl to the money and the guy was simply stealing my blinds.

Had lost with AA vs A8s in the Supernova - I open shoved 20BB knowing he probably will call...

And speaking of % this was again near the bubble in the Supernova: A9o < A9o :laugh:

@Eldred  if you think that you are the unluckiest it makes you no good and is simply  untrue.

Yup, everytime something unthinkably "unfair" happens towards my game, I try to force myself to remember things like this. Really helps a lot! Recommend warmly to capture all the times when you get lucky big time at important situations 😏

KKnKKflush.thumb.png.b127ed66f0875fc93514c62c2d1797a3.png

@GothMoth wrote:

Everyone played over 1000s tournaments has the luck factor equalised.

The ability to remain indifferent facing such bad beats and the long losing stretches is one of the key factors for poker success or at least longlivety.

Of course there are certain lost hands that cannot be forgotten easily. Especially when they happen at important tourney a lot bigger than your daily ones.

After being bad beaten all day in more than 20 MTTS €1-€10 buy-ins I got my KK crushed by K2 in the Milky Way flop J22...

I didn't care too much as being with only 8BB, more than 15 ppl to the money and the guy was simply stealing my blinds.

Had lost with AA vs A8s in the Supernova - I open shoved 20BB knowing he probably will call...

And speaking of % this was again near the bubble in the Supernova: A9o < A9o :laugh:

@Eldred  if you think that you are the unluckiest it makes you no good and is simply  untrue.

Let's be honest here, you also open shove with QJs with 6-7 guys behind you...🤣

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I have a patent on those hands the last two weeks ... if that is the first and only hand. You must be the luckiest pokerplayer on Unibet.

UTG minraise and I just called (better for me was to 3bet light, but would not change the outcome of the hand) opponent plays passively and I bet midpair OTF - nice turncard I thought and opponent checks again - I bet and he calls - OTR i'm thinking i'm just a lucky ❤️♥️❤️ ... untill showdown!! 🤣 well played deceptive hand for my opponent, but still very cruel board

Poker_sucks_1.thumb.jpg.d7bce53cb2d6bca487a0cee4f2a4bb90.jpg

It just gets more fun when you play against 'I don't what I'm doing'-shorties. PF all-in and OTF he makes 2 pair - on the turn pfffff lucky to have better 2 pair - OTR guess what the river brings :puking:

Poker_sucks_2.thumb.jpg.ba82ccff00658ead26985a2a056e4769.jpg

3bet pot - OTF R/R/All-in - guess again what the river brings 👍 just excellent

Poker_sucks_3.thumb.jpg.1bc7c71be82abc02ba5c9570f4b768ff.jpg

I manage to loose 8 BI's in 3 sessions with all sort of these hands. If I flip with a pair they hit (not a suckout OTR but they hit instantly OTF and if I flip with overcards I hit sh*t. Last year I had the same experience/period of two months you just try to go through with the least damage possible and that last one particular is very hard.

'UTG minraise and I just called (better for me was to 3bet light, but would not change the outcome of the hand) opponent plays passively and I bet midpair OTF - nice turncard I thought and opponent checks again - I bet and he calls - OTR i'm thinking i'm just a lucky HeartHeartsHeart ... untill showdown!! Rofl well played deceptive hand for my opponent, but still very cruel board'

Must be check/check OTF because I'm first to act and on the turn I probably bet. Not sure anymore but he played it deceptive. Would not put him on hitting a set.

Heartily sick of my luck at the moment. Tonight lost 3 All Ins when favourite, the worst being...

I hold JQ flop comes TKA...thinking villian has good A, 2 pair or a set as after some toing & froing we are All In. Villian turns AJ...so far so good...turn is an A...flop is a K!! Going to play Ludo instead from now on

Archived