Pride

ChapInAChair

You certainly are reading other articles. You stated that "in Western countries its actually men being paid less today", and the articles say:

""Not only does the average female candidate on Hired’s platform expect to earn $14,000 less per year than the average male candidate, but the companies in the analysis also tend to offer women less. Indeed, Hired found that 69% of the time men receive bigger compensation packages than women for the same title at the same company.""

"When all job differences are accounted for, the pay gap almost disappears"

"Here's the slightly deflating caveat: this reverse gender gap, as it's known, applies only to unmarried, childless women under 30 who live in cities. The rest of working women — even those of the same age, but who are married or don't live in a major metropolitan area — are still on the less scenic side of the wage divide."

"When aged 22-29, women earn an average of £1,111 more than men – but the roles are reversed with a vengeance once 30 is hit... While younger women in their 20s came out top in the earning stakes, the story was vastly different for workers in their 30s. A man turning 30 in 2006 would have brought in on average £8,775 more than a woman of the same age."

So, every article states the exact opposite of your claim. However, as I already mentioned, it's looking very promising for the future. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that women will earn more than men in a not so distant future, but that's just not how it is today :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To your bolded out part. "In fact, Hired found that the average female job candidate set her expected salary at $14,000 less per year than the average man on its platform, equating to an overall wage expectation gap of 11%. " The problem here is that woman Expect to earn less. Maybe it's in mans nature to be more confident, but I don't think anyone can take a blame for this. If I go to the Chinese market and they offer me fake Nike's for 100 euro and I say, I'm not paying more than 20 euro and get this price by being stuborn. And someone else says, I'm not paying more than 30 for these Nikes and in the end they pay 50 because they're not good at bargaining... Is that other person then discriminated upon? I don't think so. First I did my research and I know what I can get to for this kind of choes, secondly I know how to negotiate.

In fact, in my eduction we had course like negotiations, communications, solicitatinh... as an engineer. Overall women scored lower than man for these courses (even tough they overall score higher for the other courses). I think this shows something on how human nature is ;)

You say my articles say exactly the opposite of what I say? Not realy. Why is in only unmarries woman? Because most of the married woman have children -> Less working days -> less experience... 

"But why is it that woman have to take care of the children" They don't... But they do get way more maternity leave than a man... 

I even once read that woman earn way more than men as €/hours of effective work, because they have these long maternity leaves and because they take more sick days. (All paid) I can't find an article right now to prove this statement so you can take this as a false statement... But it's something to consider.

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@GamesDean wrote:

@pinki wrote:

very simple this is country with catholic tradtion ...stronger than ie. in Germany, France. the same situation is in Russia , Ukraine, Hungary and others countries in this region... Im not catholic or smth else, but i respect this reality, i dont celebrate any catholic-holidays since 20 years., but I will defend this state :)  the choice is big, borders are open ... so :)

Also, I don’t believe the church should have any saying in this matter. Religion should be a private affair 

The world would be a better place to stay with no religions. 

Firstly:  The church in Poland is not in command.   Even now, never was. Maybe today, beacuse democracy and elections ( In contrast to
monarchy) sometimes they have influance on goverment. I agree with you :  power should be separated from the church. In Poland that rule always works, even before WARII and before before... Maybe on history lesson you dont have that informations, but this is the reason of this name : commonwealth. for more informations i send you to books (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rzeczpospolita)...  this is the reason ie. why during WARII here was killed so many jews (ie.it was a period when in catholic Spain jews were persecuted , where they escape ? To Polish Commonwealth   also Catholic state, with king anointed by the Pope, the same Pope which anointed king of Spain) Here ie. before WarII in the army was three diffrent military oaths : catholic, atheists and muslim version.  But main road, religious holidays are christian and many many stuff.  

another mistake in thinking: maybe in civilized western-europe poeple dont understand this rule : childrens belnogs to PARENTS!!! EOT.  Not ot law, not to govermant, not to society. Nobody force someone to smth. this is familly affair, familly life... come on ! i dont regret this christain stuff in youth, and in 20yeras old easy drop them, beacuse i dont need them to live. 

I understand one thing : if someone tell me that  relationship man with another man is normal... then i'm starting  crying.  If someone  trying to make a rule of this rule in society or something normal. That rule is destroying for society in long term -  this is the reason why many countries are in the opposition to this . ... Nowadays europe have problem with number of children per familly  (below)(exceptions: muslim familly  4+).

A society can and should evolve?  - stop read those neo-marxist books.  

Like i said : gay and lesbian are and will be. people generally accept them  in most of the world. Things happens, people are diffrent, people sick, people dies ...  but dont create law  for relationship man-man, women-women,   what after ?   man-monkey ? man-man-women-women-dog ? approve for sex with goat/sheep?  lets go ... evolve !!   what after?  Farms with hetero who it provides them with children, or maybe law which force non-gays to give one children to gay-marriage, when they have already one? Social justice!!

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@pinki wrote:

another mistake in thinking: maybe in civilized western-europe poeple dont understand this rule : childrens belnogs to PARENTS!!! EOT.  Not ot law, not to govermant, not to society. Nobody force someone to smth. this is familly affair, familly life... come on ! i dont regret this christain stuff in youth, and in 20yeras old easy drop them, beacuse i dont need them to live.

Children belong to their family, of course, but enforcing religious beliefs on them, is wrong. That’s something everyone should decide when they’re adults. If you are forced to believe in God at a very young age, you might have problems to give up these beliefs when you are an adult – even when you know these beliefs are wrong. My mother is a catholic who just can’t leave her church behind – although she wants to – because she’s genuinely scared to end up in hell if she does. That’s just sick and wrong!

I understand one thing : if someone tell me that  relationship man with another man is normal... then i'm starting  crying.  If someone  trying to make a rule of this rule in society or something normal. That rule is destroying for society in long term -  this is the reason why many countries are in the opposition to this . ... Nowadays europe have problem with number of children per familly  (below)(exceptions: muslim familly  4+).

This is ridiculous. Why would you start crying because of that? It’s not a rule people are making up, it’s just something that happens. You don’t decide to be gay, you just are. We don’t have to discuss if it’s normal or abnormal because, of course, it’s normal because it just happens. There’s no thought process behind it, you are who you are. You don’t get to decide.

What are you scared of, btw? That more and more people discover that being gay is a cool, new trend, therefore families will have fewer and fewer children? That’s not even a real problem because as a world we have to alleviate overcrowding anyway, at some point.

A society can and should evolve?  - stop read those neo-marxist books.

I never read such a book, but how can you have this line of thinking? Do you think the world we live in is perfect and there is nothing to change?

Like i said : gay and lesbian are and will be. people generally accept them  in most of the world. Things happens, people are diffrent, people sick, people dies ...  but dont create law  for relationship man-man, women-women,   what after ?   man-monkey ? man-man-women-women-dog ? approve for sex with goat/sheep?  lets go ... evolve !!   what after?  Farms with hetero who it provides them with children, or maybe law which force non-gays to give one children to gay-marriage, when they have already one? Social justice!!

You shouldn’t have to force yourself to accept people that are gay or lesbian. That’s just sad, imo. You treat them as if they have some sort of disease without a cure – that’s just wrong! And to compare a gay or lesbian relationship to zoophilia – come on, don’t you see how absurd that line of thinking is?!

@testuser1   Islam and democracy aren't compatible and never will be.  Beacuse is only one law in islam,  their law. if you  live in ie Sweden,France, Germany   you must understand this very fast. the diffrence between  christian,atheists and muslisms any kind is huge!. They dont evolve :)  And remember John III Sobieski is dead. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_III_Sobieski.  :)

Thought I'd come in and look what happened to this thread. Then I read that a relationship between two men is the same as a relationship between a monkey and a man. Honestly, if we are giving out bans already, I see the author of the aforementioned comment as a promising candidate. I also candidate myself, because the more I read this thread, the less respect I have left for some of the members of this community.

@pinki wrote:

@testuser1   Islam and democracy aren't compatible and never will be.  Beacuse is only one law in islam,  their law. if you  live in ie Sweden,France, Germany   you must understand this very fast. the diffrence between  christian,atheists and muslisms any kind is huge!. They dont evolve :)  And remember John III Sobieski is dead. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_III_Sobieski.  :)

:Rofl: you're so brainwashed, and I honestly just feel sorry for you :Rofl:

About 90 % of the population of Senegal is Muslim, and they've got a well-functioning democracy: https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2018/senegal

Tunisia (98 % muslim) has a fairly well-functioning democracy, and the same goes for Indonesia (single largest population of muslims in the world). 

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2018/tunisia

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2018/indonesia

Turkey is a bit of a weird one, but they've been a fairly well-functioning democracy, partly thanks to the military - not often you say that :D well, it's a great country for showing how stupid and ridiculous your "Beacuse is only one law in islam,  their law." quote is. 12 % of the muslim population of Turkey would like to see Sharia law introduced - guess that's the law you're referring to. Furthermore, just 43 % of these sharia supports believe that sharia should apply to non-muslims. Lastly, just about a fourth of the sharia supporters (so we're talking 3 % of the population) support the more extreme and strict enforcement with stoning etc. For comparison, about 20 % of the Danish population support death penalty - not surprisingly there's a very strong correlation between being on the right wing and supporting death penalty. 

Above numbers are from pew research, except the Danish number which is from four different polls done in the past 10 years.

You shouldn’t have to force yourself to accept people that are gay or lesbian. That’s just sad, imo. You treat them as if they have some sort of disease without a cure –  

wrong wrong wrong wrong, i know gays and lesbians and its fine for me, If someone choose this way of life ...  its freedoom. Freedom is my religion,. but is diffrence between create law for certain behaviours. They are adults and why they cry whenthey can not have children? 2+2 =4? man+women = children ?  this is abnormal ? Imagine when % of society gay incrase from 0.01% to 4% ? what effects it can bring for society? I spoke in long term... and costs , psycholigist at schools,  maybe additional taxes for gays InVitro ?  low demography?- now is very low, and Europe is getting old.  Now people in europe give theirs 50-70% salary to social justice... public education, publich health care, pensions - so so so inefficient. 

Children belong to their family, of course, but enforcing religious beliefs on them, is wrong. That’s something everyone should decide when they’re adults. If you are forced to believe in God at a very young age, you might have problems to give up these beliefs when you are an adult – even when you know these beliefs are wrong. My mother is a catholic who just can’t leave her church behind – although she wants to – because she’s genuinely scared to end up in hell if she does. That’s just sick and wrong!  - it is your opinion, for me 'religion' that male-male f...c themselfs into a.. is normal   is so so so more wrong then faith in the commandment: don' kill! :) But that 16yo boy give some blow job his friend in toilet is such beauty moment and you want to make it normal for all society ? come on!! These are the things that people always hide, why? not relgion, lack of tolerance.,.. they know it is wrong behavior under the skin, people have their secrets. Nowdays gays may live together, they can f..k anywhere they want, they can so so much more ... and its good and excelent, some of them is hiding still this is also good. But with law(addoption, marriage) -  let's do it slowly...  first: western europe after 20-30y  if its works ... other countries...  

@comanimal wrote:

Thought I'd come in and look what happened to this thread. Then I read that a relationship between two men is the same as a relationship between a monkey and a man. Honestly, if we are giving out bans already, I see the author of the aforementioned comment as a promising candidate. I also candidate myself, because the more I read this thread, the less respect I have left for some of the members of this community.

Ban for what?   this is examples for absurds ?  For making a law ... this is problem of this thread and such called "pride' ... people in their houses may do whatever they want to do. This hard examples shows only one thing :  when certain behaviour have strong support and money they can impose theirs position... being in a huge miniority...  Like i said: i havent problem with gays , i have problem with LGBT and so-called gays and their actions to change law  from miniority position,  to force people with more hard opinion on this matter than mine... i know such  persons, especially in country where relationship man-women have meaning . for me gays,hetero, masturbaiting fans  - no diffrence... you like this stuff ,  then do it. But not complain when you reach 30yo and from masturbaiting you dont get children ... simple. Is many ways to get children for gays without making that noise,   Monkey maybe was bad example, but shows that now this is absurds but maybe for 50-60years ... who knows ...  society evolve...  There are societies where the young man had his first 'sex' with the goat on 9/10 cases :'),  and it's accepted by society, future wifes :)

I hate this movements, bacuse at the and for their ideas their oponents will pay, i dont want work more for bunch peoples who all days lay down on the couch and pays more more taxes  to improve theirs life. 

@testuser1 you dont convince me to democracy, especially social-democracy beacuse i;m a fan of monarchy .. :) . Are you familiar with that :

" if you fan of democracy ... then introduce it at the level of your family." 

I do it votes when you, wife, your 16yo daughter, 9yo son have the same strong of vote :)

I;m not also fun of todays EU, with comunists ideas behind backs, western europe have small knowledge about comunism, beacuse their countries dont experiance this tragedy.  

and i;m very sure that i have much more respect gor gays then you have for people who belive in Jesus christ, Allah ro smth else ... EOT.

I dont want rules which causes :  that in school my son or daughter will be taught that if other male give blow job to another is normal behaviour ...  is it so hard to understand? That people dont want to teach that their small-ones? you are well aware of the fact that, besides family in educating man,  environment is also important. They are afraid of that : more chance to become gay in world with that law,. They want grandsons, they want large familly, and the end they want secure  old age, only familly can ensure that for 100% -  maybe in western europe that thinking gone, but here is still amoung us.  This is not religion thinking this is  natural thinking, instinct. 

how much people from this counries 'arrived' to Europe ?  I dont have problems with muslims also, when muslim guy arrives to my country works. this is Poland this is our legacy and rules for ages ... For these radical muslims here always stands law and majority of christian, and they must  adjust  to ours rules - not the other way round.  maybe comunism and social-democracy politics changed thing a little bit... but this is stands still.  I guarantee you , that situations similiar to Sweden,France in Poland is impossible for now... lets hope - forever. 

You wrote: About 90 % of the population of Senegal is Muslim, and they've got a well-functioning democracy

describe own words, what do you like in this coutries? salary, freedom speach,...  this cold statistic  dont say anything...  What about with non-muslism? Big cities? Province? Did faith law is main root for law in this countries? Can you grab a beer/win/vodka in the middle of day and drink it  on the beach/forest with friends? I dont know what is good-functional for you :)  

@pinki wrote:

how much people from this counries 'arrived' to Europe ?  I dont have problems with muslims also, when muslim guy arrives to my country works. 

You have not many muslims in Poland. 30 000? They rather go to rich countries with a good welfaresystem.

@testuser1

Re: Islam and Sharia

Honestly, you start embarrassing yourself here! I know for you on the left, there are three different victim groups:

1) Muslims and dark skinned minorities/foreigners

2) Gays, Trannies and the whole Ltbgqxhxgxgx+ crowd

3) Women

Of course, you're now trying to defend Islam like crazy due to your ideology, however your examples are Senegal, Indonesia, Tunisia and Turkey? For real? That's it?

Tunisia, which was run so well, that the people revolted in 2011. Tunisia, which has trouble keeping tourism due to radical islmaic terrorism. Tunisia, where civil rights are so bad, that the German government says they cannot deport Osama Bin Laden's former bodyguard to it...

Indonesia? With sharia law in full effect in Aceh?

Turkey? You do know that this state was founded as a secular state under Atatürk? Doing everything to keep religion (here: Islam) out of the state:quote-islam-this-absurd-theology-of-an-immoral-bedouin-is-a-rotting-corpse-which-poisons-our-mustafa-kemal-ataturk-72-65-66

Which Mr Erdogan is now trying to revise step by step...

Which basically leaves Senegal? Sorry buddy, that's not enough, even so Senegal must be an economic and intellectual power-house...:Waterfall:

Also @testuser1 what I have a real problem with is that you're trying to mislead with stats here! You quoted the pew research about Muslim beliefs and cherry  picked that only 12 % of Turks, with Turkey still being a secular state, want sharia law. However, pew research found a lot more:

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/sharia.PNG.4475f9c70ebe0a1da63a974e768ce504.PNG

Sorry buddy, sharia law and democracy don't match. And let's forget about the 36 % of French muslims (according to pew research) that believe (suicide) attacks are OK to carry out.

@pinki

Sorry, I didn't read your texts, if you want me to respond, could you put up some cliff notes?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@VikingsAF

Re: Wage gap hoax

First and foremost I want to say the following:

Great posts by @VikingsAF , who obviously put a lot of thought in and in contrast to some other guys here, did some research on this matter! 👍 I also did that 2 or 3 years ago, downloading a study from the US and reading the 80 page pdf. Let me try to explain to you in my words how the wage gap hoax works. @VikingsAF, if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me:

If you actually read studies on that topic,  there is a gap between what men and what women earn. This is called the "raw gap" (not my words). So if you hear someone say: Women only make 76 cents for every Euro/Dollar a man makes...women earn 23 % less than men...and so on...those statements refer to this "raw gap".

Left wing politicians always try to create the impression, that this gap is due to men opressing women. Men pay women less and so on...However that's wrong. This gap is a direct result of life choices women make. Women are missing time at work due to

• giving birth and taking care of their children
  • taking care of older people in the family
  • working part-time at a higher rate than men (with part-time being paid less than full-time per hour)

Those are life choices women in general make. And before some of you (male) feminists now get a mental breakdown over this, I'm not judging the importance of those life choices.

If you filter out women, who have not made those life choices, things look a lot different. In the study I read, unmarried women (not divorced), were earning 99 % of what men earned.

Another aspect, not from said study, is that women care more about security and are more risk-averse than men. For example, in Silicon Valley, there's a huge gap between what men earn and what women take home. Why is that? Because, men are much stonger involved in venture capital and investing in or founding start-ups. However that's where the money is being made.

What the political left is doing, is preying on the stupid and/or uninformed people by giving the impression that women are being treated unfairly.

Finally, back in university I took courses about psychology in companies and what motivates people. Your salary is just a small element. Work/life balance, feeling comfortable at work, feeling appreciated are often way more important. Those factors lead to a higher intrinsic motivation, your salary however is extrinsic motivation. Intrinsic motivation> extrinisc motivation.

@VikingsAFAnything I missed?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

You shouldn’t have to force yourself to accept people that are gay or lesbian. That’s just sad, imo. You treat them as if they have some sort of disease without a cure – that’s just wrong! And to compare a gay or lesbian relationship to zoophilia – come on, don’t you see how absurd that line of thinking is?!

I never said that gays are sick,. In that thread problems are not gays but LGBT movement people, this is huge diffrent, many geys have they fight in the A.S

@GamesDean for serious discussion.  sit down for hour maybe two hours. :

what effects this(creates law for ) may bring for the future? -  not one year, two years, but 20-30 maybe even 100years... 

what is your solitions for that : significant increase relationships without own children ? abortion on certain level dont resolve this ? 

This is the task for 'rulers' , this is real problem...  not religion, church or some bul:Heart::Hearts::Heart:.  Comunists fought with church  in Poland -failed. And remember behind church for example stands traditional familly - they want to break it.  You must ask yourself - why? Why attack traditional familly ? what is purpose of that, why attack national states ie. iike Poland , Hungary...  You can find answer in entrance to EU parliament  ...  you will see there name Altiero Spinelli (pure comunist) ...  after that click  : http://www.spinelligroup.eu/  , aftert that read their Manifesto aka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventotene_Manifesto...    do your homework ...  This group has couple polish politics, who break Polish constitutions  signing such documents, -  their voters have no idea about it.  In this couple links they talk about your plans freely, without hidding anything. Shortcut: they want create the same Europe in generally like wanted to do it bolsheviks - close borders, common army, common police,   generally ...  smth close to commune

Now other left-sided movement tries dirty method in that cases: bul:Heart::Hearts::Heart: gender, abortion, invitro, gey marriage, gey adoption  or smth similar. Very epansive stuff, very controversial stuff  - dividing the society. Look closely who finances many of this groups...  after that we all end up in :Heart::Hearts::Heart:-tank , maybe you want to live in commune but i dont, :) maybe is the reason why this movement are so anoying for me... and i still in this thread ....beacuse  i look wider  ....

Maybe in Holland, Germany can afford for this stuff, but in many countries with real problems this stuff are less significant in comparission to others. 

@pinki wrote:

what effects this(creates law for ) may bring for the future? -  not one year, two years, but 20-30 maybe even 100years...

I don’t understand the question because I don’t see the problem.

what is your solitions for that : significant increase relationships without own children ? abortion on certain level dont resolve this ?

Again, I don’t see the problem. Do you have a problem with relationships without children? Do you have a problem with gays/lesbians adopting children?

Apart from that, I will follow @testuser1s advice – I’m done with this thread. I love to discuss things when I see the chance to learn something new or change someone’s thinking. Unfortunately, I can’t see either of that happening.

@GamesDean  I see this problems and i dont have any problems  with gays/lesbians adopting children... i repat that agiain : i have problem with LGBT movements ... there is no any true gays and lesbians only theirs parody.- this is my opinion .  EOT. full respect for gays and lesbians and other unique people :) This is no thread about who someone have in bed, but movements and create laws for society ... stop making me a gay enemy ... propably i spent more time in their company than you...  in many cases these people are so much more better than me ... even as parents for children are better 'material' then me. I dont see need to divide people for gays and not gays...  

Estimations of the costs are up to 50 billion a year for us in Germany! 50 billion! :puking:

The costs of pampering one unaccompanied minor, who for some strange reason often are fully bearded, is 60.000 Euro a year!

@steppek77 wrote:

@pinki wrote:

@steppek77 So thank God that we are poor :)  You see, you understand problem very clearly ... 

I don`t think Poland is poor, but everybody knows they are going to the countries with the best welfare-system. Where they don`t have to work.. Not good..

@WuDu wrote:

@testuser1

Re: Islam and Sharia

Honestly, you start embarrassing yourself here! I know for you on the left, there are three different victim groups:

1) Muslims and dark skinned minorities/foreigners

2) Gays, Trannies and the whole Ltbgqxhxgxgx+ crowd

3) Women

Of course, you're now trying to defend Islam like crazy due to your ideology, however your examples are Senegal, Indonesia, Tunisia and Turkey? For real? That's it?

Tunisia, which was run so well, that the people revolted in 2011. Tunisia, which has trouble keeping tourism due to radical islmaic terrorism. Tunisia, where civil rights are so bad, that the German government says they cannot deport Osama Bin Laden's former bodyguard to it...

Indonesia? With sharia law in full effect in Aceh?

Turkey? You do know that this state was founded as a secular state under Atatürk? Doing everything to keep religion (here: Islam) out of the state:quote-islam-this-absurd-theology-of-an-immoral-bedouin-is-a-rotting-corpse-which-poisons-our-mustafa-kemal-ataturk-72-65-66

Which Mr Erdogan is now trying to revise step by step...

Which basically leaves Senegal? Sorry buddy, that's not enough, even so Senegal must be an economic and intellectual power-house...:Waterfall:

Also @testuser1 what I have a real problem with is that you're trying to mislead with stats here! You quoted the pew research about Muslim beliefs and cherry  picked that only 12 % of Turks, with Turkey still being a secular state, want sharia law. However, pew research found a lot more:

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/sharia.PNG.d9c561b95288047303f57cd5097d2484.PNG

Sorry buddy, sharia law and democracy don't match. And let's forget about the 36 % of French muslims (according to pew research) that believe (suicide) attacks are OK to carry out.

@pinki

Sorry, I didn't read your texts, if you want me to respond, could you put up some cliff notes?

First of all, I'm not really on the left - the overall left and right definition is stupid and flawed.

I don't really feel like going into detail with each of the countries here, but will just refer to the Freedom House links, as they do a pretty good job explaining the situations in detail. Well, your Tunisia argument is just wrong, as there're no safety issues in the Northern part - the more rural areas and especially the border to Algeria and Libya are not super safe though. Danish authorities, as well as all other European ones I know of, say there's absolutely no risk going to the usual destinations in the northern part of the country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Tunisia,http://um.dk/da/rejse-og-ophold/rejse-til-udlandet/rejsevejledninger/

Having read a couple of books about the Turkish history, I don't need any lessons :)

Sharia Law is kind of a stupid term, as it's so broad, and there're countless ways to interpret it, and it can be applied in just as many ways. If we talk the most extreme version, then it's certainly not compatible with democracy, but a "sharia light" is not incompatible with democracy as such.

Again, the claim was that "islam and democracy can't coexist". A single country is enough to disprove this claim. 

I'm not trying to mislead with facts. If you actually read the thread - know it's a :Heart::Hearts::Heart: pain :D - you'd see why Turkey was the only sensible country to highlight. I should have linked to the full report, so here goes: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/ another one you might want to read: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/09/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/. I chose not to include the graph you posted, as you need to see al the following ones as well, for it to really make sense - without the context, you can't draw any conclusions.

Do me the favor and read this book. I actually think you'll like it :) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Muslim-Democracy-Politics-Religion-Indonesia-ebook/dp/B0171ZQSUW - if you like this one, I've got several other recommendations :)

Just one question for you: there're no equality issues with the three groups you mention? - I'm thinking about every country on this planet, not just the ones that are part of your world ;) If you do agree, that there're severe issues - which you of course do - I don't see why it's an issue to fight for things to be better :) I don't believe that there is a gender pay issue in the western world - never claimed so, I just corrected an incorrect statement - and as I said before, I'm 100 % sure that it won't be long before women are earning more than men :)

@testuser1

Re: Tunisia

The German government doesn't really deport to Tunisia because they don't consider the Maghreb safe. The former bodyguard of Osama bin Laden is living the good life on welfare here, because our government fears for his safety in Tunisia. Does Anis Amri ring a bell? The Northern part is safe, what about the rest? So basically, people not killing themselves in all parts of the country is enough for you to have a functioning democracy? China is super safe, according to your logic it must be a beacon of democracy as well.

So what is it? Is Tunisia a safe place and the German left is lying? I'm confused...😏

There is no "sharia light", this is a pipe dream of the left, similar to liberal European islam. One of the highest developed Muslim majority countries in the world is Saudi-Arabia. How are civil rights over there? Qatar is pretty high up the HDI ranking as well, how are foreign workers being treated there? How did democracy work in Egypt when all of a sudden the freaking Muslim Brotherhood was part of the government in 2012 after democratic elections? Oh right, it ended with a coup d'etat a year later...:laugh:

55 % of Muslims in Senegal want to have sharia law and you celebrate that as a positive sign for a working democracy? In the HDI they are ranked 162nd and their GDP is 1000 Dollar per capita. For a great democracy that's pretty low, don't you agree?

The 3rd world will always be under-developed due to intrinsic reasons and the gap between the civilized world and those 3rd world states in Africa and the Muslim world will even grow in the future. If you want to waste your money and energy on trying to help them, feel free to do so.

Archived