Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

It's been a very confusing couple of weeks for me so it's time to sit back and have a rethink.

There's been a few threads about changes to the steps in satellite qualifiers and the possibility of bringing an amended version of exchangers back.There is also a small amount on how much it would cost the average low stakes player to qualify, @Brocky  and indeed wether it's worth it to start at the low levels at €1, @NMPfan  bankrolled for it or not, makes you think when you see the figures. The UOS is also imminent so it's time to make some decisions.

Tickets obtained one way or another:

UK  11 x €4,  UO 6 x €2  1 x €4, mtt  1 x €10.

I intend to use all those this week then take a break from qualifying until things become a bit clearer. If it takes too long for things to settle down and I start running out of time for various events then so be it, there's always next year, hopefully.

You may know I have a love/hate relationship with tournaments and in that case why bother trying to qualify for live events that realistically I have little chance of cashing in, let alone getting near the end. That's not the whole point though, sometimes the journey is worth making the effort even if the final destination is a disappointment in terms of results, though not the chance for a change of scenery and meeting new people, gaining new experiences and generally having a good time. Trust me, once you've done it once you'll want to do it again. (Reminds me of something from my youth, but I won't digress.)

Onto the UOS. The last series I intended to play all the Nanos and Lows but after 3-4 days frustration got the better of me. I crashed out of that night's four within the space of 5-10 mins, all good hands and all the best pre-flop, so disgusted that I didn't play another. Hopefully this time it will be different. Playing so many satellites seems to have calmed me down, I no longer rant and rave at the awful beats, shrug it off and on to the next, and want to carry that forward to "proper" tourneys. I know I won't be able to just sit back and let players bust each other but feel I'm much better prepared to be more active, and calmer in the face of adversity.

Not being a great fan of r/a, re-buys or bounties and wondering about checking the freezeouts, I saw the thread by @FreedoM with an excellent break down of the structures and buy-ins. Nine freezeouts at each level, 27 in total, a break every third night and a total outlay of €488.75, and the decision was made. The leaderboards haven't come into my calculations at all, I just wouldn't expect to feature. I wasn't properly rolled for the last series, hoping to pick up winnings here and there to continue, but this time I regard the roll as accounted for (lost) before I begin so any additions will be a bonus and there'll be no pressure to win. Of course I may get lucky and have a couple of shots at the big ones, I'm really looking forward to it.

Cash play has taken a back seat for the time being and sngs have been consigned to the dustbin. The only format I'm truly happy playing are the qualifiers, they seem to suit my style, but are a very restricted field at the moment, so it remains to be seen where I go from here.

Good luck all whatever your game, should still be entertaining. Thumbs Up

It Is What It Is
NMPfan Rank 19
Rank 19

I'll try to clarify, that while I think the current system is really bad for the average player, I don't see you as an average player since you would grind multiple tickets which in the rebuy step gives you an advantage over the typical player that will just reg a 1 then reg the 4 with that ticket. And of course if your goal is to get to an event, any discount you can get helps. My own concerns with the system are more related with the longterm health and fairness of them, and them actually starting Laugh . But yeah the investment in them adds up even with all the discounts, am quite curious as well how things will evolve on unibet even though they don't particularly impact me at the moment. 

Best of luck in the UOS! I do something similar, see buyins as already lost and whatever I get out of them is good news, it's probably a bit easier on the mind Smile . Haven't decided yet if I'll go for the general leaderboard or just the tournaments that interest me, soo maybe see you at the tables Cheeky 

Highlighted
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

Thanks for that @NMPfan  I'm pretty sure I'll carry on playing the small qualifiers, €1 UK and €2 UO because I quite like them in some strange way and as long as I'm getting the discount I might as well, not many better things to do. Rofl

As for the bankroll for the UOS I look on it as the price to pay for a hobby, I think it will be easier thinking the tourneys are paid for rather than trying to build up while playing. When the series is over I think I'll work out a budget for the UK and UO qualifiers, exactly how much I'm prepared to pay, and top up my bankroll or even withdraw some if I've been running well. Rofl

Best of luck and I certainly hope to see you and others on the tables.Thumbs Up

It Is What It Is
theMachine Rank 15
Rank 15

EXCELLENT WEB LOGGING!

REGARDING YOUR AA VS JT BUBBLE HAND:

SURELY THIS IS STILL A GOOD SPOT WITH ACES? FIRST OF ALL, IT SURELY FORMS PART OF A SHOVING RANGE? theMachine HAS NOT FULLY PROCESSED THE BOOK'S TEACHINGS BUT IF YOU SHOVE IN THIS SPOT THERE IS NO HAND THE OPPONENT CAN PROFITABLY CALL WITH [WHICH CONFUSES theMachine BECAUSE IF YOUR OPPONENT CANNOT CALL WITH ANY HAND, DOES THAT NOT MEAN YOUR HOLDING DOES NOT EVEN MATTER?]

WHILE YOU CURRENTLY SIT WITHIN THE PRIZE POSITIONS: IT DOES NOT APPEAR YOU HAVE A SEAT ''LOCKED UP" TO JUSTIFY FOLDING ACES HERE, YOUR STACK STILL NEEDS TO BE MAINTAINED. THIS ACES SPOT LOOKS LIKE AN EASY SPOT TO DO SO.

//THOUGHTS?

GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

@theMachine I get your point about the situation, I didn't have a ticket locked up but there were two smaller stacks than me much more likely to be going out before me, and the idea is not to put your stack at risk in these situations, only when absolutely necessary. It's a much closer spot than on first sight, and the natural reaction is ship it in and relax. Teardrop

However, being the good student that I am and always willing to take lessons to heart, I had to think long and hard when a similar situation came up the day after.

Screenshot (3592).png

Eight players left, six tickets on offer and I was sixth with two much smaller stacks left. If I'd been against the smaller stacks only it would have been a straightforward raise, but the two largest stacks had been having a bit of an ego trip, virtually playing every hand against each other. I was thinking of letting them get on with it, but because they had been so active I suspected that neither would have much of a holding, and if they both folded I would be almost assured of a ticket. In the back of my mind though was the acceptance that one or both would call. 

Screenshot (3588).png 

Sure enough they both had to have a go.

Screenshot (3590).png 

This time I got the ticket but the one who had been in second place, with a virtually assured ticket called a shove and a re-shove with Q9s and left with nothing.

I see examples of this every day where huge stacks aren't prepared to just sit back and coast, all the better for the rest of us, but I'm totally with Daira, finishing with 1 chip in sixth place is just as valuable as first place with 30,000.

I haven't done much (any) work as yet on shoving and calling ranges, I'm relying on that little voice at the back of my mind, and won't be playing satties after this week until the UOS is over, then it's down to more study.

I don't think I'll play any satties for the UOS, I'm quite busy this week, but if I make any money I hope to join you in the big one, best of luck in that and the rest.SmileThumbs Up

It Is What It Is
stefan5 Rank 6
Rank 6
Livertool Rank 23
Rank 23

@stefan5 

Issues?

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

UOS

Played two tourneys out of six.

Screenshot (3691).png 

Played six tourneys out of eighteen.

Screenshot (3692).png 

I played over 3 hrs Monday night and over 5 hours Tue night.

Screenshot (3686).png 

Wednesday night was always going to be a night off, no freezeouts and the Manchester Derby to watch, and I was very tired anyway. 

I'm really not looking forward to such long sessions again so I've decided to miss out any more and go back to the qualifiers for the UK  and the UO tours, especially now the exchangers are back. A few qualifiers a day is plenty for me with all the cricket snooker and football to watch at the moment and a backlog of films building up. 

Good luck all. Thumbs Up

A nice modest target for you @MetalWolf , go get 'em. jd GIF

It Is What It Is
MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

You're still above me mate despite last nights better efforts. Had an unexpected and positive boost in the UOS bankroll today so I'm ready to take you over tonight Tongue

0 Likes
Purps Rank 20
Rank 20

its-your-birthday-not-too-old-nor-grizzly-yet.jpg

HBD @GR1ZZL3R  Smile

Have fun at the races and make some Cash Thumbs Up