I will be playing in the WSOP Main Event!

Magicadil

7,221 entries in total for the Main Event with a prize pool of 67,877,400 $. Actually that's a pretty cool deal, 9400 +600 $. Too bad the tax-man grabs a huge chunk of it if you win...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Not if you are using some tricks. Possible for various countries. But if you are american you are doomed :laugh:

Just in case someone from the tax office reads here as well, I'm pretty sure @GotWhatItTakes speaks about tax avoidance, not tax evasion...😏

Point is, tough to "use some tricks" if the WSOP wants a tax # from you or otherwise they just deduct 30 % of your winnings...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

You just need a ITIN number and be part of the countries that have a treaty with the US. Like Germany does, so does Austria.

I think the older belgian guy who final tabled the Main Event recently kept 100% of his winnings, so did Pius Heinz (german ME Champ).

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

You just need a ITIN number and be part of the countries that have a treaty with the US. Like Germany does, so does Austria.

I think the older belgian guy who final tabled the Main Event recently kept 100% of his winnings, so did Pius Heinz (german ME Champ).

You always learn something here. 👍

So what do you do with the 100 % WSOP prize money? Have them sent it straight to Vontobel? 🆒

@balticblondeis currently sitting at #933.That's cool...:cash: 73.000 in chips left with 4K/8K blinds. But I guess these rankings are a little sketchy.

@GotWhatItTakesand she's 9 spots ahead of Mario Basler! :wow:

For those of you wanting to check for players yourself, all participants are listed here:

WSOP Main Event Results

@testuser1 wrote:

We've actually got the man himself here on the site @SpaceyFCB :)

A shame with Daiva, but still a really solid result :popeye:

Would be really cool if @SpaceyFCB would do an AMA about the WSOP sometime in the future. One thing that really interests me is how he decided to play once he was in the money and in the top-10 on the leaderboard.

I mean, are you playing it safe making sure to pick up more prize money as other people are getting eliminated or are you getting more aggressive as the game goes on?

Main Event is over and the winner made 8,15 million $ before taxes.

http://www.wsop.com/news/2017/Jul/9286/SCOTT-BLUMSTEIN-IS-THE-2017-WSOP-MAIN-EVENT-CHAMPION.html

I'm wondering how much of this insane sum he can really keep for himself. We'll probably never know...

1. Tax Man $7,659,195
2. Stott Blumstein $4,310,571
3. Benjamin Pollak $3,500,000
4. Dan O tt $2,600,194 
5. John Hesp $2,600,000
6. Antoine Saout $2,000,000
7. Jack Sinclair $1,200,000
8. Damian Salas $997,500
9. Bryan Piccioli $791,023
10. Ben Lamb $591,517

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

For those of you being disappointed about the missing trip report in this thread, I want to encourage you to check out @whereisrivaldo and his blog: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Blogs-Stories/BLOG-whereisrivaldo-s-year/m-p/102381#M1804

Great blog that deserves more readers, especially since he actually really went to Vegas to play a WSOP event this year, instead of pretending to do so... :Thumbsup:

Archived