Will you be the community blogger of the year?

Stubbe-Unibet

blogpost.png.f8191336fdbbccdeef4f2a9ea90aa70d.png

It's great to see the increased activity (and quality) of bug reports, since the introduction of the "bug hunt", and I'm hopeful we'll get the other community sections going a bit more as well, now that it has officially become a poker-only community.

To help get things going, I'll be introducing a "Blogger of the year 2024" award. To be considered for this award, all you'll need to do is create your own thread in Blogs & Stories section. In December, the winner will then be decided partly by community votes and partly by an internal jury where the community data will be key (views, likes, regular followers, general interaction in thread etc.). Full justification and key data will be shared, as part of winners announcement.

The winner will get a custom avatar in the poker client (you decide what it should look like) as well as a unique badge on the community.

Additionally, top 3 bloggers will get to play an exclusive €1 buyin tournament with the following prizes:

1. €1500 Unibet Live package (includes buyin, travel money and hotel)
  2. €250 Unibet Live ticket
  3. €250 Unibet Live ticket

While the blog doesn't have to be exclusively about poker, it must contain some poker content.

Terms & Conditions

• Players from Sweden can not be invited to the tournament for top 3 bloggers
  • Eligibility for a reward is decided at the sole discretion of Unibet 
  • December 2024, a poll will be published here on the community
  • The €2000 tournament for top 3 bloggers will take place either late December or early January, once availability has been confirmed by participants
  • The €1500 Live Package can be used for any event that we run a €1500 package qualifier for
  • We reserve the right to change the promotion at any time
  • General Unibet terms and conditions apply
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I would like to see some promos for active chatters in the blog forums. Like monthly freerolls for 10 most active members, awarding changing prizes (like UOS tickets if it is coming up). I would also love to see streams, but getting them running probably takes too much effort.

And make sure that you are available to act as commentary at the live stream when final freeroll runs, @Stubbe-Unibet. With enough booze to keep commentary going. With separate tournament where person who gets your bounty wins another Unibet Open package to keep it interesting 🏹

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Stubbe-Unibet changed the title to Will you be the community blogger of the year?
  • Stubbe-Unibet featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to make the section feel more 'bloggy' and less 'posty/forumy'?

What I mean is something like view of blog's entries but with no comments. I've seen something like that at Invision Community, a special blog section,  and was wondering if it would be implementable.

image.png.2cea9fa9cc379cf965f5c84acb454ebe.png

image.thumb.png.610055db0d749d9ca0deab4208642293.png

Edited by miziel

33 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I'm not a fan of not allowing reader interaction,

100%

10 hours ago, miziel said:

view of blog's entries

Views can be seen entering blogs category, if that was what you were after.

Screenshot_20240422-0918122.thumb.png.e92400c29a8e4c74bcaa9ed671cf43a8.png

59 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I'm not a fan of not allowing reader interaction

It's not about not allowing interaction, I mean, it's the readers that the blogs are for. It's about improving "readability", grouping the comments to each blog's entry.

I went to some of the older threads, and after reading first entry I need to screen pages of comments in look for the second one, and so on (I know, I know, first world problems 😁)

32 minutes ago, Livertool said:

Views can be seen entering blogs category

This way you can see all Blogs. But after you click any thread, you get blog's entries mixed with commentary. I am after seeing all specific blog's entries (or only authors entries) without comments - if I want to read them or comment on the specific entry I click again.