Intergalactic Express ​🚀​

SShcherbyna

I will start with a reflection.
Making plans is good. But it so happened that I live in a country where it is a little difficult to make plans at the moment, and life is full of surprises, sometimes such that it is difficult to even think that something like this could have been predicted in advance.
And so my poker plan for a summer of grinding was defeated before it even started.The volume of the game turned out to be quite small, but thanks to a few successful shots (not on Unibet), it was even possible to close some vital issues.
And as soon as I was thinking of relaxing a little, life brought a few more surprises and I was forced to withdraw all the money from all the poker rooms. Except for Unibet. The summer here was the least successful, so there was not much money in the account. Small fields and good promos leave no choice where to concentrate the rest of my bankroll, and my attachment to the Unibet community and some responsibility to it (discord moderator, UAT) completely closes the question of which single poker room I will play in the next few months.
This blog starts with no plans, no goals, no challenges, or anything else that depends heavily on the stability of life. It's just that sometimes I want to write something in Google Translate, and a blog is a good place to save this writing.

Go to the dream, go to the stars! 

• Like 6

In parallel with the thoughts of what exactly to play in order to quickly rise to the limits acceptable to me, I do not give up hope for a shot 🐠 Therefore, the last few days I have been playing satellites for the upcoming MTT KO series, which starts this Sunday. I have already collected several tickets, and I still have more than 100 euros left in my account, so there is hope that I will be able to fully play the series, but it is unlikely that I will be able to afford many rebuys, because even without them, the amount of buy-ins for Summer KO Low is more than 150 euros. It's actually a stupid idea to play this series without the ability to rebuy. Leaderboard position depends on knockouts, which requires riskier play, which in turn requires rebuys. Therefore, I will probably fully invest in the first days, and based on the results of these days, I will make a decision whether to play the series to the end.

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 3

The price of a mistake.
In preparation for the SKF series my goal was to get at least two €25 tickets and lots of €5 and €10 tickets. So I filtered the lobby and started playing all the qualifiers from €0.20 to €2, but it turns out that for €2 there is a qualifier for a €50 ticket. I did not notice this during registration and even during the game. I noticed that I mistakenly registered in the wrong qualifier only on the bubble At first I was upset, because with my bankroll it is not allowed to play qualifiers on SKF HI. But when I received the ticket, it became calmer 🙂 Especially not counting on anything, I decided to use this ticket in the very first SKF HI tournament, having a plan for at least one bounty to compensate for this mistake.
So what is the cost of this mistake?

I will get the answer to this question only tomorrow 😎

Spoiler

2023-08-28013810.thumb.png.63aacf5c3213c18e137f32fbb8a4a06f.png

But I've already doubled my bankroll with this ticket, no matter how this tournament ends 🤠

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Awesome! Congratulations my friend. I really like your attitude to bankroll management. You felt sad when you registered this shows how dedicated you are to following solid bankroll strategy. 

And very nice that you managed to capitalise on that, take it down brother!! 😛

My new record on Unibet! 🚀

Spoiler

2023-08-28234446.thumb.png.e2bf50dd716d3746d9211cbd9dfab7fd.png

It is psychologically difficult to play in such tournaments, because I am not used to such prizes, but in my opinion, I was up to the challenge. Yes, there were mistakes, but I tried to do everything according to theory, as far as my knowledge was sufficient. It is not a pity for HU at all, because the opponent was clearly stronger and definitely more deserved to win. It was a great experience from which I learned 2 things:
1. Tournaments of 50 euros can be played. There are a lot of weak players here. Before the TOP 30, I saw such actions from my opponents that I even started to think that I play poker better than them 🙃
2. It's still too early for me to play 50 euro tournaments. I'm definitely not ready psychologically to play at these limits in the first place. And I have a lot of problems with the game against strong aggressive opponents. But it is worth going towards this goal ☺️

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 7

On 8/26/2023 at 12:36 AM, SShcherbyna said:

I have already collected several tickets, and I still have more than 100 euros left in my account, so there is hope that I will be able to fully play the series, but it is unlikely that I will be able to afford many rebuys, because even without them, the amount of buy-ins for Summer KO Low is more than 150 euros.

It's actually a stupid idea to play this series without the ability to rebuy. Leaderboard position depends on knockouts, which requires riskier play, which in turn requires rebuys.

Therefore, I will probably fully invest in the first days, and based on the results of these days, I will make a decision whether to play the series to the end.

14 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

My new record on Unibet! 🚀

Hide contents

2023-08-28234446.thumb.png.e2bf50dd716d3746d9211cbd9dfab7fd.png

If only all problem solving would always be this fast, easy ,and functional 😄

Congrats again on the massive boost!!! 📈🥳👍

A bad day in the series. Lots of rebuys, no bounty. In addition, a very gross error is related to the tilt (a very rare condition for me), which only increases the responsibility for the error.
First this guy won one all-in preflop.

Spoiler

2023-08-31235819.png.94197796cb2ad6353d743777a946f3fa.png

Then a split with the same guy all-in preflop.

Spoiler

2023-09-01000342.png.3bb30c4c7e3d04ef3c1cc4865d89d15e.png

Then there's this hand. Flop c-bet-call, turn check-check, river check-push-call 🤦‍♂️

Spoiler

2023-09-01000210.png.a9b4ae37f4680034b43c7d1650f8f4b2.png

I very rarely play with emotions (or so I think), but when I do, I want to hit myself with something. It's just that this isn't the first time I've met this player in a series, and apparently he won all of my all-ins, so I wanted to "punish" him for bluffing, although there won't be any bluffing in this situation with such bet sizing.

sinavonick-spanking.gif.b0e03fadbca5cc9aea88d6ef6f578cee.gif

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 3066650197 said:

Hfch

If you are interested in the specifications of the HFCH module to the HONGFA HFAA relay, then please:

Spoiler

image.png.56b9fa9fed40ee1615faee51314bdd30.png

If you need an express test for chlamydia HFCH-502, I can't help you. The only thing I can advise is to buy a lot at once, because the wholesale discount is up to 20%.

Spoiler

2023-09-01234109.png.9bf5cb536c8cee3a991714f57f825567.png

The SKF series is complete. I'm currently 23rd on the Low Leaderboard, maybe I'll lose 1-2 positions after the 2-day tournaments are over, but it won't affect my reward in any way. 2500 BP is my reward and probably all the profit for the series 🙂
Now I will return to my not closed gestalt.
I somehow set myself a challenge to climb in SnG 5 Seat from BI €1 to €25 for 3000 tournaments with an aggressive BRM, where on BI €1 I have conditionally unlimited BR, and on all others - 10 BI for each limit. This challenge has been running for more than half a year, and the preliminary results so far are as follows:

Spoiler

2023-09-04115427.png.1cb9ad82fd0a1ef2a7351b0b2ca37624.png

700 games with an ROI of 0.7% at an ABI of €4.00 🐠🏝️🍸
Phenomenal result. Either I'm very unlucky, or it's been so long since I haven't studied the theory that even in these tournaments I'm incapable of anything.
So for the next few days/weeks I plan to fully immerse myself in single table tournaments and still improve my results.

• Like 1

It's tough out there as your results show. I'm not so sure but are you spreading your play over too many variations at once? You seem to do well in each you try (except maybe this, so far, plenty of time for improvement) wouldn't you be better concentrating on one game and really going for it? Do players gravitate to one particular game as they climb the stakes or still play many formats, I'd be interested to know. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R

Playing multiple formats is probably the worst thing for a player's development. But in reality, I am not as versatile as it seems.
MTT is the main discipline for me.
SnG - used to be the main discipline for me. Also, playing in single-table tournaments does not interfere with MTT, on the contrary, it can even help. The main money in MTT is played in incomplete tables with a large ICM factor, and single-table tournaments can only improve the ability to play in such situations. If Unibet introduces synchronized breaks in SnG and MTT, I'm sure many MTT players will add them to their session.
Banzai - I play for fun from time to time, mostly when I don't have time for MTT.
Everything else is only for missions or during sweet promos.

A moment of melancholy.
But in general, your remark is still not groundless. For me, poker is often more of a challenge or fun than a job, especially lately. Two years ago, I sat at the computer for 12 hours for the leaderboard, and so 2-4 days a week (I had a job in real life), after that, with the feeling of a job well done and with money in my pocket, I had several days a week for leisure with family or friends. Now it is not available or much more difficult and expensive to do. And when the only available entertainment is to sit at home, and from the family, no matter how much you love it, you also want to rest, then you come up with all kinds of entertainment in order not to lose your mind and read less news.
The moment of melancholy is over.

• Like 2

@SShcherbyna I think you may be understating  your abilities somewhat for whatever reason. You've ground out black belts and Sensei achievements day after day, hardly for fun when not having time, and played many hours in the short stack or large stack challenges or maybe even both, I can't remember, (hardly any difference is there once you've built a stack? ) and all the mtt series going. There seems a move afoot to, if not actually kill off the sngs then certainly to revamp them, maybe almost so they're unrecognisable, so possibly another challenge ahead.

As for the melancholy, that certainly resonates with me. My job, long underpaid hours, and a family, meant snatched time on the tables, basically necessitating short sharp sessions and very little study, mainly reading books. Now that I have time to play I'm not as inclined to do so, and will never become a GTO Wizard or Child of the Sims, but I still play and have started my final final final ever attempt to escape the Microverse, keep myself entertained, and prove I can win. Maybe I can't, I'm sure you can and will, so just keep grinding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Doing the September Mission on Hexapro in the morning, I got a little carried away, playing 80 0.20 Hex tournaments in an hour. Hexapro can be interesting if played with a very conservative BRM 😏
I wonder if I could play 1000 Hex in a day? It's worth checking 🙃

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

I wonder if I could play 1000 Hex in a day? It's worth checking 🙃

Stupid idea. It is problematic to do this when playing 4 tables, playing 6 Hex tables turns into slots for me. Played about 400 0.20 Hex today, losing about 14 euros and don't want to anymore 🤒
Where's @GR1ZZL3R when I need him so much to tell me again to stop doing all that nonsense?

PS. Not that I gave up. Playing 1000 Hex per day will not be a big problem for me, I spent ~5 hours on ~400 tournaments. But setting the goal only for the number of tournaments while ignoring the quality is no longer fun poker, but some kind of bullshit.

Edited by SShcherbyna
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

Where's @GR1ZZL3R when I need him so much to tell me again to stop doing all that nonsense?

I would indeed have tried to counsel you if I'd known, but I don't blame you for trying something out. How would you know if you could do it unless you try? I've gone full circle now after all these years and back to playing one table at a time, and seeing it as fun. Some would be horrified at that thought, but some do it out of necessity, I do it because I choose to. The same choices are yours, do what you like and good luck. 👍

• Confused 1