From Poker Donk To Winning Monk

P0kerM0nk

Past 2 days have been pretty 👎 , variance has swung the other way and been struggling to hit anything lol. Ended up -€70 on Monday and -€90 yesterday. Overall this isn't spectacular playing 50/100NL so in that way I'm glad I'm not down like 10 buy-ins. Yesterday was quiet some session, 1 table on RIO with 3 whales on it, could barely get in to a hand as they were 3b and cold calling and calling down like maniacs so just trying to wait for hands or/and hitting flops. Build up a bit of a stack eventually but then had this hand vs a reg:

200bb deep, I 3b and big cb flop and turn and get minraised on the turn. I called the raise being IP and then got jammed on on the river which I called as well. Not sure if I should have jammed the turn myself. 70% ish equity on the turn with these exact hands. Solver plays hand the same (100bb deep) up to turn raise, CO should just call the bet, seems bit weird OOP. F knows...

FFSCENT.png.7f6c5c6857ee044675c3a23a74dc30d8.png

Overall played ok just no luck in these big pots which destroyed my profit. I stopped playing on the pc and weirdly enough I was up €200 for the day thanks to Unibet but had one massive whale on a table so decided to play that one table on my phone but not long after the whale limped and I had AK so I raise and he jammed, nothing else to do than call and he shows KK... did not hit an ace. Then lost some more weird multiway hands postflop and I ended up the day -€87 somehow lol. Should have quit while I was ahead! 🤣

Won't be playing today so back on it tomorrow. Another rake race on RIO again this week and currently 8th for a free €50. See what happens for rest of the week if I can improve on that, think it will be a long shot but I'll be happy if I can retain the €50 at least.

Still happy with my play so far just running a bit rougher lately, but I can't complain as I haven't had a massive loss yet so far this month like I sometimes had before. Not even had a 2 buy-in (50NL) loss on a single day this month so that's pretty awesome. Might have jinxed it now though 😆

Oh yeh, new forum nice, too bad we are back to forum virgins rank wise 😛

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 6

Another session played last night and ended up being a winning one, didn't start great with AK vs KK putting me a stack down straight away at the start lol but after some battling I won AA vs QQ for 120bb deep which took a marginal loss to an ok win. Sometimes it's all about the flips 😁

And another hand I forgot I screenshotted on my phone vs that whale on Tuesday evening, so bizarre how hot some can run in a short period of time, he was always hitting 2p+ with any hand. He eventually left with his 400bb stack.

luckbox.png.ba63ace64e53f5696b5a3915fd996e92.png

Trying to get a few hours in again this weekend, not sure where I'm at in the RIO rakerace as the leaderboard isn't showing in the client but I haven't seen too much play going on in the last few days.

Really hope I can end April the way it has been so far, decent profit on Unibet and just in the profit on RIO. All in all I just hope it's because I have improved as a player and not just because of dumb variance luck 😂

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 5

Biggest losing session of the month, should have kept my mouth shut 😅

Played 50NL on RIO and 100NL on Unibet... running pretty 🤮

I open UTG, get 3b and I call, I x/r flop and he snap called lol, strange action. We have almost 70% equity on the flop and still 60% on the turn... bricks out.

ajwtf.png

Villain is a weaker player, 3b small is I think then bombed the flop, kinda light float for me then pick up a flushdraw and decided to go with it, only have 25% on the turn.

qjfck.png

SB 3b BTN, I 4b and he calls, money goes in on the flop, pff... almost 50/50 on the flop.

4BCALLFANNY.png

Crap shortstacker, not the only pot I lost vs him, calls J2s in BB vs CO... bad.

QQFCK.png

Shorstacker again, raised flop and just shoved it fuck it lol, again no luck. Also about 50/50 here on the flop.

AQFCK.png

And won a prize drop again, still don't have a clue how this works, get 500 points and again not even on the prize drop list.

WTH.png

Hopefully run a bit better Saturday and Sunday! Enjoy the weekend! 😎

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 7

2h session done, started with one 50NL table on RIO, found the leaderboard again, I'm hanging in there at 10 place for a 1 buy in prize. Hopefully we can secure it after Sunday 🙂

Then 4 tabled 100NL, ok session but not flipping well, guess it's payback time for the win streak I had a while ago 🙄

Started well with this set back straight away, AA not doing well lately. Villain playing like 60% hands, got it in on the turn, not the nicest turn but how can we fold.

AAcancer.png.fe6ff9778d83fdcec39e4db61f3f4768.png

All in pre... yup AA stinks today. Turns are always killing me lately too just to rub it in straight away!

AAcancer2.png.9e23172cb9600cecdfd18434e67d0ed6.png

3b vs table target, I big bet flop and he jams I think, money goes in on the flop anyway, thank F we got there on the river 😅

KKphew.png.2d412b7025184e1b4051031ec5e2fd41.png

Not too special hand but started as 3way min raise pot or something, SB is the weaker player, I jammed over this bet and before I would have just called as everyone would fold a non Q hand right? Well he had a Q here but I've seen weaker players calling with 2p so I think a jam in this spot is mandatory.

Qstr.png.366dac45e466edbe2949c86263eef94f.png

Not involved in this hand but went like MP open, CO 3b, shorty SB jams and CO obv calls, straight flush in your face QQ lol. Crazy runouts...

lolz.png.1d6bcd43f10cf5904ffe23eb0b3d7f04.png

I open and BTN, shorty min 3b so I call. I guess we can fold too as A9o doesn't play the best vs strong 3b ranges. But I've got no fold button lol. Nice flop but goes x/x. I bet half pot and he raises 3.5x uh-oh alarming lol but I've still got no fold button 😂 Best river as now we split if we both have an ace and I x river and he bets this (picture). So we jam and he folded lol, not sure if he played KK QQ or something like this or a random airball.

weirdo.png.d110b1a21014f8b9ef9f0a530ffd9903.png

I've played a bit 4NL yesterday under the name All_InOrFold so I just fold or jam my hand lol, gave some stacks away but won a few too, still have just under €20 on my ticket left. 254 flops to go, never know we might make it one day 😛

And on about 62% for the first €100 payout on my €500 bonus and on my way to 50k points for the free €10. Bit rough time again last few days but just keeping my head down! 👊

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 4

Not had any time today to play and won't play this evening either as gf will be home soon and then we'll watch some tele and then bed. Got woken up by a car last night sitting in our street running idle for over an hour after midnight and eventually he drove off almost into our front garden on which I phoned the police with his number plate. He scoffed a car (not mines) and then drove away after some f'ng about. I filmed it with my phone and had to speak to police etc etc and ended up going back to bed after 3 as I was wide awake... then I had too much to do today and kinda enjoyed the sunny weather as back to rain tomorrow. Bit pissed off I haven't played even an hour but whatever, another day tomorrow. Will collect €25 for the RIO rakerace now lol. :button:amn!

Edit, guy got arrested for drink driving not long after btw, at least one good result today 😂

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So not playing again today as I'm going to have an early night as not had much sleep lately.

But played last night and was up a bit and together with my Saturday profit I have now eradicated the loss of Friday so we are back on track 😁

Not really much to mention about last night session, played 4 tables, 1x 50NL on RIO and 3x 100NL on Unibet. Doubled up with this hand on RIO, this was heads up as other 2 were sitting out. I open he calls, I big bet flop and he raises, I call. He overbet the turn for like 125% or something and I called but hoping for a board pair tbh which I hit, he jams riv and we call. Lucky river. I was thinking KT and T8 on the turn already as it's rare for people to take this line with a blocker type of hand Tx which isn't a straight and there isn't a flushdraw on the flop.

lucky.png.8bd929315bd95e4aec76ae3e83947846.png

Not much happened on Unibet, 100NL is pretty dry. Lots of regs and you are lucky if you have 2 weaker players on the table. Need to play solid for sure. Won one flip which was AK vs JJ. Def need to do some proper table selection.

Kind of wondering if I can request amount of hands played / profit/loss etc from RIO as well, you can download hand history but I don't use any software so pretty useless for me. I'll maybe fire an email to their support after Friday. Same for Unibet and then I'll see to calculate some bb/100 again for the month, year etc. I'm about break even for this year just based on my net profit/loss but I did have a terrible month of January. Maybe I should just calculate bb/100 since I started last year, might not be a bad idea if I can find all the numbers etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

One hour session done, up one buy-in ish. Just adding a few hands:

Open AA and get 3b, decided to flat. Villain range bets flop, I raised and he jammed so we call, pretty spewy but thanks.

aawoop.png.8b644ccdbac961b68c3d0e1eeca5c58a.png

BvB, 100% call pre, SB bets out big 3 streets, bit unlucky but no other option than calling, not too sure about a river jam. 

kflushfek.png.b851f8dbf03c08b28bbdd2483e412ac1.png

Not sure I played this well, BvB again and I x/call down 3 streets. Not sure if villain is meant to keep betting turn, I will have a look at this hand later on. Not sure if and when I should have raised.

jjfek.png.02eb1368d00618d9610405a4dd915df6.png

I open QQ, get 3b, I 4b and he calls. Flop goes x/x. I bet 1/4 on turn and he calls. River I thought for a moment, x or jam. Villain is fishy so I don't really put him on the slowplayed nuts and I think lots of people will check back medium hands that I beat but which they could call off like the TT he shows. Some might even call with a weird played ace, who knows.

qqpew.png.28ee0b0e6ea84d873a56fb2a6a4e9650.png

One more day to work as I'm off on Friday, bit more time for poker 😄

Also, what's happening with these ranks on this forum, think I jumped like 4 ranks in the last 24h 🤨

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, sorry about drunken rants 😄

Just trying to say your worldwiev on poker aint far for truth.
Basically why you suck, is because why allow yourself to suck.
Meaning rant about bs things contiously, just like everybody else.
Pleasure over hard reality. The fucking ego loves that.
Desires over realistic worldviews, classic danger.

• Haha 1

Rough sessions again, played bit on RIO last night, 3x 50NL and 1x 100NL table, ran like hell on that 100NL table and others ran like pure against me. Overall lost €200 even after making a decent profit on the 50NL tables, shame. Best hand of that session:

boom50nl.png.1fe8c7ecf87f4ae63bb363c3af934b01.png

Today same on Unibet, played 100NL till tables broke down then continued at 50NL. Start of the session went like this: 

All in on the flop:

allinflop.png.fe0b64da29e0415c2daf93ef37fb11f3.png

All in on the turn:

turnallin.png.b87b6bb37de06afe552c7c0ab6dd9600.png

Preflop goes limp call, I bomb flop and turn, river goes x/x. What on earth eh.

tpcrep.png.eaedfa08d6da9262096f3bd4da8565c5.png

Small hand, flop goes x/x, villain bets turn and I call, then he checks riv and I pot bet it, he folds lol.

wonchoppedpot.png.53b78ebe021a36e57ba5b29c3ec9885b.png

Very annoying hand, pre was like limp call and went multiway, x flop and I raised turn 3x which he called, fugly river and he bet like halfpot, he done it a few times and I maybe leveled myself in a call, he must be value betting like that all the time.

2pflush.png.802d1f8059b71ce91705b46547a7f8c7.png

At least a nice hand for once, all in on the flop.

k9flush.png.8eb68557bf20f7e09a64907c3879e7f3.png

And then 2 hands of a nitreg who's tilting vs a whale, I missed a few other hands but like the Q8s hand he went 3b pre and insta bet bet bet lol. Clear tilt spew vs same whale.

nitreg1.png.c1c1c0480182d830b7dffb9ef9a28031.png

nitreg2.png.a6f872d1a5e2153c335bfeeec6cec122.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So I've sent an email to Unibet and RIO support for my stats, Unibet came back within a day the last time and for RIO I don't know they give out stats but will see when they come back to me, they are mostly pretty quick in answering as well.

Overall profit for April is +€722, made +€835 on Unibet but lost -€113 on RIO. Been pretty much around break even mark the whole month on RIO, just a few buy ins up and down all the time lol, not great but could be worse I guess. Biggest issue on RIO is lack of games, often playing shorthanded if any table runs at all which isn't great. I should probably focus more on Unibet and only play on RIO if there are some clear weaker players on the table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WTF is it with 100NL, every time I play it goes tits up? Played 2h session and that's me down €650, actually €750 but had a €100 playthrough bonus credited. 

Started with this hand, annoying spot, whole table calls and one squeezes, I 4b and then get jammed on, can we fold JJ after a 4b with 50bb in the middle... 

JJcant1.png

jjcant2.png.5c5dc5b6b0cff21dfc135b530f42b456.png

2 next hands vs same fish:

cobracant1.png.8cbfd32c5f610fb6822a43ed844fd6fd.png

cobracant2.png.22f325395f24612dc763dc41b483911f.png

Next 2 hands vs same different fish:

umacant1.png.e6b95b7ce6adc50d233ea8975478aab7.png

umacant2.png.c6cd0a16b427969b5024425dcbf5ef1c.png

End of session, this fish just donk bet pot and raised previous hand with random stuff. I open, he min 3b so I 4b and he calls, he bets pot on flop and then rest of his stack on the turn... lose with 85%

100nldoomed.png.61c18c5e93c48b34911f7adaf7b387f8.png

Nasty hand, 3b pot flopping basically the nuts, well almost. I x/r flop and got jammed on when I bet the turn... don't see me folding this flush.

flushfecked.png

And then this was last hand before I just quit the session, fed up, 3b pre than bet flop and turn big, x/c the river... had enough of it. 

fecker.png

Ah well, profits of last month gone lol. 100NL is cursed.

Also this image system is bloody annoying, drag it into the post or under the post and it sometimes gets double posted.

Edited by P0kerM0nk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well another 1.5h session, more of the same, down -€1300 today, very nice. I don't understand how I can't hit anything every time I play 100NL. 

Same guy from previous session, how do you get those skills to outflop every opponent? limp calling rubbish and always getting there, FD and 2 overs got it in on the flop, no luck.

cobracant.png.6d341ccf4ba66aae0e47431b940c4917.png

Reg who calls a 3b with ATo, I cb flop and then x/c turn and river. I was more thinking of seeing AK, I mean how many deuces does he really have and ATs only are 2 more combos, shouldn't have ATo.

atomoron.png.1a955b07ea2fced090a20fc1885c4f69.png

Not involved in this hand but is same fish from previous session and my first hand in this post, KK opens BTN 3b and he coldcalls, KK 4b and he calls. Then he calls bet on flop and whatever is left on turn. See how do they do this?

a3sidiot.png.ef9db7875e2e0c79c88d054c24328c73.png

3b TT and decided to check flop, he started betting with AQ even on the turn, very bizarre, gets there with his 10% equity or something to the river, well played.

idiot.png.ee19007080548f1c4e16a72370413375.png

Another wtf hand, I just trippled it off as everything misses unless he flopped a straight which would raise. NH

kqwtf.png.96f500886cab6ee9edda01cafe65629c.png

Another hand I trippled, normal flop cb, A is a nice turn with my blockers and then river with my Q blocker. Yep another one that got there.

46feck.png.952b49f9f4ee4c649eec3c912c784ad5.png

And then lost KK vs a fish his AK although standard. Can't even remember winning any hand. Ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, P0kerM0nk said:

Well another 1.5h session, more of the same, down -€1300 today, very nice. I don't understand how I can't hit anything every time I play 100NL. 

Same guy from previous session, how do you get those skills to outflop every opponent? limp calling rubbish and always getting there, FD and 2 overs got it in on the flop, no luck.

cobracant.png.6d341ccf4ba66aae0e47431b940c4917.png

Reg who calls a 3b with ATo, I cb flop and then x/c turn and river. I was more thinking of seeing AK, I mean how many deuces does he really have and ATs only are 2 more combos, shouldn't have ATo.

atomoron.png.1a955b07ea2fced090a20fc1885c4f69.png

Not involved in this hand but is same fish from previous session and my first hand in this post, KK opens BTN 3b and he coldcalls, KK 4b and he calls. Then he calls bet on flop and whatever is left on turn. See how do they do this?

a3sidiot.png.ef9db7875e2e0c79c88d054c24328c73.png

3b TT and decided to check flop, he started betting with AQ even on the turn, very bizarre, gets there with his 10% equity or something to the river, well played.

idiot.png.ee19007080548f1c4e16a72370413375.png

Another wtf hand, I just trippled it off as everything misses unless he flopped a straight which would raise. NH

kqwtf.png.96f500886cab6ee9edda01cafe65629c.png

Another hand I trippled, normal flop cb, A is a nice turn with my blockers and then river with my Q blocker. Yep another one that got there.

46feck.png.952b49f9f4ee4c649eec3c912c784ad5.png

And then lost KK vs a fish his AK although standard. Can't even remember winning any hand. Ridiculous.

I see that the river is everything. I will not say that all the bad beats. But now I think you understand me. A bad hand calls on prefop raises. hits the flop frequently. if it doesn't hit the flop, the river will always help.

• Thanks 1

Well @MerenitsuI'm someone who believes in science and logic and how bad I might run and how long it might be I will never believe the system is rigged. If this was some dodgy Chinese platform or something then maybe lol.

Ended the day -€1500, bad play, shite variance call it what you want, I barely won a hand today, just doubled up with AA and that must have been it for today. 

Fish does the min 3b pre, obviously flop has to come down like this and he can't have AK for once.

a7feck.png.eb1936cee7f8b8a59bad22aeec59e85b.png

Oh look, that's how it is to win a hand, forgot how it felt.

aaboom.png.f53c6a8da3ea18de0b7cc052c8053458.png

Runs like this makes me wonder if I should continue to put time and effort in this, I don't play poker to win €200 a month. Being a winning player at NL100 would probably be a minimum but doesn't look like I'm good enough for that. Very strange how every time I jump into NL100 it ends up like this as I don't play any different than let's say at NL50. Might need to have a proper think about it all and maybe invest my time in something else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P0kerM0nk said:

Well @MerenitsuI'm someone who believes in science and logic and how bad I might run and how long it might be I will never believe the system is rigged. If this was some dodgy Chinese platform or something then maybe lol.

Ended the day -€1500, bad play, shite variance call it what you want, I barely won a hand today, just doubled up with AA and that must have been it for today. 

Fish does the min 3b pre, obviously flop has to come down like this and he can't have AK for once.

a7feck.png.eb1936cee7f8b8a59bad22aeec59e85b.png

Oh look, that's how it is to win a hand, forgot how it felt.

aaboom.png.f53c6a8da3ea18de0b7cc052c8053458.png

Runs like this makes me wonder if I should continue to put time and effort in this, I don't play poker to win €200 a month. Being a winning player at NL100 would probably be a minimum but doesn't look like I'm good enough for that. Very strange how every time I jump into NL100 it ends up like this as I don't play any different than let's say at NL50. Might need to have a proper think about it all and maybe invest my time in something else.

I'm not talking about the platform right now. There are just awful bad days. It's not about despair. The thing is 0 lucky time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well let's see if my 'luck' changes at some point in time.

Just joined a table this morning and the same luckdonk who I mentioned a few times in my posts here was at the table, shortstacked. See him calling Q4s on BTN vs CO, can't remember the flop and turn action but he hit a runner runner flush and then checked back his flush on the river when checked to! 😂 Shows you how much button clicking is going on. Then the very next hand he 3b openjams 55 I think vs the same person from previous hand who calls him off with QQ... flop comes 565 🙄 I mean how on earth...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, P0kerM0nk said:

Well let's see if my 'luck' changes at some point in time.

Just joined a table this morning and the same luckdonk who I mentioned a few times in my posts here was at the table, shortstacked. See him calling Q4s on BTN vs CO, can't remember the flop and turn action but he hit a runner runner flush and then checked back his flush on the river when checked to! 😂 Shows you how much button clicking is going on. Then the very next hand he 3b openjams 55 I think vs the same person from previous hand who calls him off with QQ... flop comes 565 🙄 I mean how on earth...

incredible lucky

• Thanks 1

Some fraudster at NL4 copying my alter ego 😂 had about €25 on my NL4 ticket but lost a few all ins there so only €14 now, 203 flops to go, I've seen 100 flops with just going all in or with some limped pots and the ticket is still alive lol. 

nl4.png.b56769ac89d93455175cb8305a8e9d6f.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@P0kerM0nk don't know what the feeling is to lose so much money in such a way. Just think it as buy-ins, when you play NL100 these are 15 buy-ins, so nothing tragic. And when I see your hands it is mostly bad variance. I know it is very frustrating, but be glad, that these fishes/whales still exist, because poker is profitable game thanks to them! 

Stay calm and I am sure you are going to recover the losses!

• Like 3

Just over an hour session, lost again.

Ended with this hand, 3b AK, should probably fold turn the way it went but I always get these hand where it connects just good enough with the board. 

AKcrap.png.09d2daaa11bb90875da28deae553400c.png

Typical 3way 3b pot where I hit fuck all again and again.

akcrap2.png.2a066eb736b5315c8562e0c46fe0efc8.png

Again some stupid hand where I can't barrel and then they get there as well with rubbish.

qqcurse.png.4a0eac6d58cd53d3dbf4f9ee478e7b1b.png

I open, CO 3b, SB coldcalls, I 4b and they all call, had to x/fold flop so yeh, same old same old, investing 1/4 of my stack and keep hitting f all.

akcurse.png.73f5bae9d6a02777d8845c5dec105136.png

Flop the nuts multiway then this runout, I folded... just same shite.

qqcurse2.png.bccc5fe1cf1ec3ed7182077af7dd36e2.png

3b then big bet flop with open ender, folded again. Solver mixes this up with my hand and no FD but big bet is standard on this flop for me.

kqcrap.png.b39106970ed6c877fac225eaf27a652e.png

BvB, flop goes x/x decided to check back, then I bet turn and get raised I think so I call with TP gut shot and FD. Again never get there and face this bet. Folded yet again.

k8feck.png.29cc3bd45c627e221a4b6d7e603decd0.png

Managed to suck out on AA with my QQ all in preflop but still down 2 buy ins. It's getting boring now.

On the positive side, might find out what you get instead of the double trouble or haven't I lost enough yet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1