Spending Bonus Points

Silver1

Hi guys,

I have been thinking about exchanging some bonus points in a while, have around 6000 at the moment. I mainly play cash game, NL4, and from time to time NL10.

Question:

Let’s say that you want to “convert” these points into real money, how would you have done it? Which game would you choose? Would you have choose the game which you mainly play or something else?

Obviously it would make sense for me to buy a NL4 ticket worth 40€. The requirement there is to see 3000 flops before the money is released.

Here are some more thoughts I had:

1€ SNG - the field is pretty soft but this is not my main game. Think I’m still doing above average edge wise at this level.

1€ HUSNG - soft field and think this could be one way. Still not my main game so it could go either way.

1€ HexaPro - hope to bink the jackpot in 60 try’s:) With some luck this could generate some dollars. But I don’t enjoy the format.

Or should I hold on to the points and let them grow? I’m not in directly need for them at the moment but it’s been an ongoing process in my head around what to do with them the day I start shopping in the Bonus shop.

@Esir, @UAC, @GR1ZZL3R, @MetalWolf, @Brocky, @successlaw, @Bing__how do you guys think around the points? All ideas and how you had used them in the past are welcome.

Just buy yourself a playthrough bonus, bro...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

ive never got a cash ticket, how long would they give you to see that mant flops?

to your question, go to the format you feel most confident plaing.   i recently tracked  for a month and it turned out the best return was plo, a game i was just learning and playing very low.  that got me thinking about why that would be and took some those thoughts to nlhe.  guess what, im plaing better.  

nothing wrong with only taking a bite of your points either.

@Silver1 I never used any of my bonus points for the whole year I've been with UB just letting them build up, but now have treated myself to a 20e cash ticket and playing that through. I'd say sticking with your favourite format is probably best.

@kevanbt With the cash tickets you only need to see 1 flop to reset your ticket to 6 days so don't have to play every day, could make it last a very long time. 🤣

@WuDu I've never actually read what the playthrough criteria is, how does it differ from cash? 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

just buy what you play normally, why would you even buy for some other game format, there's no benefit at all.

the only slight benefit is for the bonus, it's 20% rakeback and you have 90days to clear it, if you don't know that you can clear it for sure in 90 days then don't get it. 

I'm probably not best to advise because I have only ever used bonus points to take shots at tournaments I wasn't rolled for at the time. I'm saving mine up now to convert them all for the next UOS (assuming they still do it this year). Hopefully UOS would then mostly be free for me and cashing the leaderboard's would top my bonus points balance back up. Otherwise I would probably spend it on Live event Sat tickets.

Playthrough bonus is the best value because you get a discount on it I believe? And everything you play counts towards unlocking the money rather than just cash (again, i think?). Obviously wouldn't be plaing with free money then though until completeing the playthrough. If you have just over 6000 you could do both a €25 playthrough (2475 points) and €36 NL 4 ticket (3600 points) and see which you prefer for next time.

Depends what you're trying to achieve.

If you want their value, €1 HUSNG's will be good. If you've got a bankroll then a playthrough bonus works. If you're not that fussed then use it for a €50 mtt and see what happens.

@kevanbt@Brocky@MetalWolf@FeelsBadMan@successlaw@GR1ZZL3R@WuDu guys, thanks a bunch! Lots of great thoughts which I have not thought about:)

I’m still scratching my head a bit about what the difference is between a Play Through ticket and a cash game ticket. But my interpretation is that it’s very similar to the cash ticket but can be used in many different games. have tried to search for the answer at the forum but I have not found a post explaining the difference.

@Silver1  so I advice you to go for CASH tickets only -> those are 'real' value while 'play through bonus' you need to release per chunks - as long as you generate rake. There is 90 days limit to do it so, while for case of cash ticket you only need to play it once a week to keep it alive. My advice is buy as many cash tickets as you play tables. Once some expire/released ... you can buy some more. Wish you good luck.

Note: I was redeem 'play through bonus' only once - but I was expecting to receive direct cash - which is not a case ! It is up to you ...

@Silver1

There is either a playthrough BONUS or a cash game ticket.

If you buy a bonus through the shop, it works as rakeback. You play whatever you want to play and after a while a part of the bonus is being paid in cash directly to your account. If you buy a 25 Euro bonus, it's being paid out in 5 Euro steps whenever you generated enough rake.

A cash game ticket let's you play at a table even if you have no funds, after 300 flops, you'll get the total value of the ticket paid into your account.

Buy yourself a bonus, bro...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Archived