why this bet is lost?????

bebemic

@bebemic wrote:

It's not un Penalty si un autogol marcate

@bebemic , I understand your point of view, and im really hoping you get your bet settled as won , but your reasoning is not quite helping you. So let @JeppeL try to do his best to help you.

I''m saying this because an owngoal or "autogol" ( like you said in romanian ) , it's self understanding that it has to be scored. They can argue that they didn't put the word "scored" or "marcat" for the owngoal ( because you actually have to score to be registered as an own goal ) , and they used the word "scored" or "marcat" for the penalty,cause , in theory, that's the one that can be scored or not.

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

@bebemic wrote:

@AndreiBN, i HAVE the site unibet.ro and "un penalty si un autogol marcat " is not correct for both to be scored

@bebemic How would you write it?

I don't speak Romanian, but in English it's common that the word "goal" covers both the first and last part of the sentence, because as BonusPater mentioned, there is no comma. You could theoretically write "Penalty scored and own goal scored", but it's the most natural thing to only have the word "scored" at the end because the "and" without a comma infers that it's both the penalty and own goal that needs to be scored. 

Former Community Manager

ok, no problem , but @testuser1 don't tell again that UNIBET is a serious and a big company with a huge cash flow. They are not "By players to players".Sorry for this, but this is the reality. My bet was a winning one, they gave me the money, but after 15 minutes they steal my money from my account. Live chat is the worst ever and you , @testuser1 , former employee, said that my bet is indeed a winning one. I play on unibet.ro not on unibet.com and the bet is very clear.  :speechless::dissatisfied:   

p.s So @testuser1 my 80 euros won are very important for UNIBET :speechless:

yes @testuser1, it's all about my language cause i don't have access to unibet.com I HAVE TO play on unibet.ro and according to my language my bet was a winning one. I hope that this huge company will fix this cause it's all about 324 lei and honour. That's all !!! Have a nice day !

@bebemic I've explained how I see it in my previous post, so I won't seek any change unless I get reason for why I'm wrong on this. Not trying to be unfair, but to me there needs to be a comma in the bet description to fit with what you believe the bet to be.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

There is no comma if there is the word and there. This is a very poor translation and the bet should be a winning won. In Romanian we have different rules for plurals and singular and in this case to be scored was used as a singular and according to grammar it applies to the own goal 

As I explained previously if you want the goal to be scored to be applied to both penalty and own goal the bet should have been translated: penalty si autogol marcate. Since the singular was used the " to be scored" applies to the last part of the construction . This is a very poor translation if the bet should have said something different 

• 3 months later...

Archived