A small Unibet Open Series blog

Farseer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get this blog to its frustrating conclusion. Did lose one costly spot @ overall leaderboard, but otherwise no more damage moneywise. Final results and money from leaderboard:

Nano 9th - 50€

Low 1st - 500€

High 16th - 75€

Overall 3rd - 1000€

And rough overall results from the games:

High -1000€ 

Well, this explains a lot about how my results are so super bad. Moneywise worse than worst scenarios considering weak opponents (mixed with some expensive rebuys) and leaderboard-wise even worse as got lots of annoying null points-results.

Low +400€

Some good runs, 1st place 2r for 377€ only meaningful cash though through whole series. Of course there were only handful of low events which offered any real money (mainly 25r + 10r:s).

Nano Who cares?

2nd place for 4 euros, 2nd place for 11 euros. Nuff said.

Satellites +400€

Started very well mostly at smaller sats, but in the end lost all great value and more expensive 10+r -> 100 sats for second week

Other games ~break-even didn't play but just few very good tournaments.

Overall result: Very disappointing. 50 hours of play, overall result roughly +1400€

Would've have great shot to win overall leaderboard if not for hideous runs @ high ones. Pretty telling that got almost 50% of ALL of my points (far more than from high events) from low events and unfortunately deepruns from those came from 2€ events.

However, I was very pleased how my strategy worked and how well I played. It's hard to stay motivated when you bust all big events and have to 1- or 2-table some 0,1€ deep runs (and because they have exactly same structure as high ones with more players that was most usually the case) but I did. Considering that I had played over 80 hours on the week before UOS with hideous results that's pretty well done. Otherwise I would've been somewhat critical as I didn't get much volume.

By the way I just have to say this: I've lost to 200+ buy-in tournaments roughly 80k€ (100k€ if you count live events) during last 1,5 years (result still about +70k€ overall which is super disappointing). Talk to me about how great luck I have, feeling bit sick here because any of these complainers here would've quit poker after going max busto ages ago if they would run even half as badly as I do.

Now it is time for well-earned summer vacation. Sad with first half of 2018 as it went far worse overall that I would have expected @ the worst scenario. But now I will start 4 weeks of no-poker (except I have to play one 530$ ticket away at some Sunday) and despite awful results I intend to spend my vacation well.

Archived