A small Unibet Open Series blog

Farseer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all leaderboards at sorry shape. Would be much worse though if I would do as some people insists. I will continue to play my best game, no matter how much it irritates some players.

Some critics are being hypocrites in my opinion: for instance most people @ forums actually have been always complaining how people don't play poker and most vocal criticiser didn't have any problem trying to get max stack by open-shoving 92s (any 2 cards) for 20 minutes during rebuy time with 40bb stack and buying double stack all over again. I personally am fully okay with it, but feel that it requires super hypocrite person to do such and thing and be vocal about stalling for same (leaderboard) reason. And most of those hypocrites have ZERO problem of stalling themselves when they think it is +EV (close to bubble, close to FT bubble, satellite etc.)

Do you know what actually annoys me most at the poker table (and in the world overall): it is when people play very badly. Moment when they just burn money (or chips) by ridiculously bad plays. But I don't lash here at specific people who do it. And I don't exactly like being made a target of because I play well + I don't like to return next day and read some posts about how people rejoice that I have run extremely badly. And I also don't like to make a great, solution-oriented post which would benefit us all only to be bashed by some no-one who derails the whole thread.

Might be the last post at this blog. Not sure, probably not updating if days go by "I mincashed at some event otherwise nothing to tell" or "all tournaments busted with bad luck". If I win 100€ tournament I surely post it. So you better find someone else to target with your angry posts, and maybe look at the mirror if your anger should really be forwarded there and you should improve your game instead of trying to find scapegoats. Stalling never really hurts your chances at the table, but might actually improve them. If you go tilt, there's some real mental game challenge ahead. I suggest Mental Game of Poker at that point, it is also very helpful to find other areas of improvement.

However, I want to thank all of you who's been nice and courteous here. I love the people sending good stuff posts, even some worrying toned posts as it occasionally really serves the community as a reality check. Keep up the good work!

Well, this isn't fun. And it's been more or less the same whole week at every high event. Preflop all-in with 20bb.

I do try to be positive but I really hope that people who let themselves post joicefully mocking comments about how someone is super unlucky will at least once in the life go really unlucky and have the same spot with someone mocking at them continuously. I guess that's only way they might realize how miserable people they are and stop doing such thing (unlikely though, people are quick to forget).

biitti1.thumb.png.f50b82b88b4e5cb74ebe9ac3a29e1d38.png

Well this is disappointing. 100€ Main, so once again all tournaments which could bring any meaningful cashes (high ones) are finished.

Opponent defs against my button raise, flop is rather ok but not glad to see c-r. Turn he shoves over a pot really quickly, so what to do? He wouldn't do it with straight, and I am pretty sure he would have 3-betted TT and 88 pflop. JT imo most likely, T9 and 44 possible as is some strange plays which include draw like 87 I guess. Didn't expect that and my 12-outer river never comes.

biitti12.png.ad137c22a42d74cf3adf4abb4e169469.png

At the same time also bubbled smaller but still annoying 5r 26 left 24 paid. Obvious push from button and obvious call, nothing strange there really. Just bad luck.

biitti3.png.f6e4ebc005f0a8aab9569ccd70509f6b.png

How unlucky one can be, I have pretty good idea. Pretty sure I couldn't run worse than this. Multiply this week runs (for instance high 1 mincash, 3 bubbles or semis and lots of setups) with last 7 years (364 weeks) and you pretty much get the idea. 0 binks whatsoever, and I have been playing a LOT.

So no, I am really NOT starting to play badly or make stupid moves or play bad tournaments just because some people ask for it. Would've been broke ages ago if I would. Instead I rather listen your ranting from the peace of my own house, purchased by hard-earned poker winnings and continue to play great poker and hope that at some day it'll get rewarded properly. 

By the way... cashing the smallest nano one, of course 😏

And just before money busted 25€ 2-day event AQo < 77 flip at a nice pot. Hopefully next week is better... it surely can't be much worse.

Best player rarely get rewarded, but decided to reward myself with 500g rib-eye steaks, medium + pepper and salt. 2 am Night grilling. 

lihaa.thumb.jpg.3a94e416345febdf9ff9c356823a1aea.jpg

AK < JJ (3-bet me sb wakes up) @ 25€, QQ < AKo 25+r when sb wakes again. Even worse on others including some AK < AJ AK < A7 etc. so effectively 0 points. Still in 10+r but it really requires top3 to save the day so very long way to go.

Should really be easily holding the cleart overall lead after those two top3s, but too many 0 point beats and too few deep runs keep me from reaching that. Currenty it's super hard to keep up even @ top10 which is still very tight race. All other leaderboards are currently drawing dead unless I get some deep runs, and high one would need at least 2 top3s or so to even get top5. Super hard road ahead.

Gotta reload tomorrow again. Hopefully my 2k€ withdrawal from other site reaches my bank account then and I'll reload enough to buy-in for all of the rest of the events... 1k€ should be enough, and I already have one 100€ satellite ticket (and one extra from Sunday) on my account. No need and no good for anyone to pay extra fees for transfers really. As I will in any case get some salt money from leaderboards (really hope to win overall leaderboard so that it isn't all for nothing).

:ranting:

Well what a mega disappointment all over again. Led the tournament when bubble bursted, and after that won 0 single pots with any meaning.

First QQ < AJo preflop flip, then AdJx vs. opponent AJ we got chips in 3 diamond J-high flop -> split in a huge pot and finally this against same opponent, tough call on the river against large bet (he checked flop, betted around 40% on the turn after I defended BB but I say  it's clearlyright one as he had made cont bet earlier with top pair. He wouldn't do such bet with 66-99 maybe not with overpair either. Just super mega bad luck... again.

275442708_lolagain.png.da233791832ee4e0394b10d11f45f040.png

And lol @ this how board runs again. Same opp opens and give free car

1484449727_lolagain2.png.7614bc32ea171cc2992de2dd70369fe4.png

Did win KJo > Q8o with last 3bb, same opp opening UTG. So I guess he has other hands on those spots than just übetnuts, most of the time actually losing @ my hands. But tough luck. But no good as right after that shoved with Q9s and bb woke up with ATo and can't win a flip

This could have been super easy victory, but again... always when I get good hand at critical spot opponent always super setup, no matter how badly they play. Usually actually losing max. chips BECAUSE they play so überbadly. At another case opp would have busted at that spot when I was freerolling for flush and I would have run for the win instead of mincash / minpoints.

5 days of worst possible runs both money- and leaderboard-wise and probably playing nearly best possible game. Really nothing to do but just hope that for once I might get even one decent run meet with even humble success. Not asking for 100r main event victory now although I certainly would deserve it most.

:end ranting:

What a day of so much hope and all hopes dashed. Especially moneywise super frustrating, but after 6 days of utter pain in the leaderboards so it was leaderboard-wise too although my situation improves considerably, from virtually drawing dead to "just desperate". Too bad that best run was once again... nano.

It was so close to be great day, but in the end just was super disappoing. 3 first PLOs went to cash, but 25 one costed 75€ and mincashed as 10 left decided to take a flip for big stack and found myself against button's aces + SB's queens (still got almost enough odds for the action but for no good). Low PLO found the end  @ 15 left KKxx < AKQ9 and only one to survive to the FT was of course money-wise meaningless 0,1€ one, where I did make such a beautiful game.. notice stacksizes, I had an read that kl0pkl0p comes in very aggressively and forces other players to fold and and he did. I don't usually like flipping, but @ PLO one has to do that sometimes and rather for a big pot.

beautifulgame.png.d5300181cc532df0da9d77e7cb24c8d4.png

But got beaten @ HU as we quickly got chips in and A632ds < KKxx. WP from both and classic PLO HU flip. Would've really needed those points... but 2nd place is better than most places.

Other KOs busted quickly, managed to survive (and actually get a decent stack) @ 25€ one until FT but got exactly 0 bounties as all flips with bounty were 0% to win so 5th place for 5x buy-in is no good. It also won't help with High leaderboard either which have screwed massively... was like 40th before today and would need top3 to make any matter (and 11-40th pay exactly same price).

On a more positive note: at least I didn't lose money today. But it would have been so much better to run to the HU again @ high one instead of 0,1€ one or even at that 5€ low one.

What a hideous start for a day. 50€ event first flip CO shoves I call with AQ and opponents 44 win. Then 10€ one I lose QQ < 99 when big blind decided to make cold call and even nano one gets a quick start then even more quickly KK < A4o, A5s < JJ and finally AJ < AT. Won 3 satellites though, but they were small ones and give no help @ leaderboard so that is a hollow consolation.

Leaderboard going down in flames. Got top10 @ nano, low and overall, but overall is at very bad spot and easily end up around 10th which would be minimum prize and 2 first won't pay anything meaningful. Would really, really need to WIN overall leaderboard to get decent UOS + get some decent cashes as high LB is well outside top10 and that's super hard as 1st spot is so far away.

What a hideous way to end a day too. JJ < ATo flip for big stack in low rebuy, and high one withered after I lost AK < 95 after opp defended although lost only open + flop cont-bet (nice 953 flop for him). After that no hands and busted @ blindfight later.

Just playing 10c nano one now lollotiloo win this and get 22€ (ofc would need it because of points but long way).

It's just getting worse and worse. So ridiculously bad runs that if not burning money I would laugh.

50€ tournament close to money, flip AK < AT.

25€ ante up tournament close to money flip AQ < A4.

Nanos died quickly. low ones still running but with meek stacks. Would have to win _BOTH_ to make this day good... not moneywise directly, but would give a shot at the leaderboards. Just one win wouldn't be enough to help at the critical overall leaderboard so much that wouldn't need at least one more win.

Software also crashed today, "lose connection" while internet works perfectly. Just super disappointed that Unibet software is still at such unstable condition. Not sure how much that affected, will ask for refund but doubt that get anything sufficient as mostly it is not losing so much money but important leaderboard points.

I expected this day to be easiest, and pretty much think so now as well. At the Ante Up tournaments 80+% of opponents didn't have a clue how to play. Folding preflop when you would have to play 20 chips to the 10k+ pot, lolololotilol. Bad news: couldn't hit anything or win flips, so no help.

Blaah. Disconnections continued, bubbled 100€ sat when opponent imo. made a super bad call (because presence of a direct satellite bubble) and both low events met a jokefully bad runs and same opponent busted both.

FT 8 left 3bb all-in I got 16bb all-in and get megasetup'd.

blaah1.thumb.png.3fd439e8dca9cb37fea7ed457a063a14.png

And 2€ ante up I shove, minstack comes all-in and same player "wakes up", but this time imo. super bad shove with crappy hand from SB.

whaleplay1.thumb.png.f0dc617123fdf443927bef9c98461fe8.png

day: A catastrophe. No chance to win @ overall LB if luck doesn't turn or at least bad luck go away. Overall my game has been superb and I really hope that I can get some score from high or at least win overall LB for it would be megafrustrating to grind and finish up getting no profit from this series.

And what's even more catastrophical is that it looks like same opponent which busted me was leader at the overall (and high) leaderboard and he also won that 10€ low event and finished 3rd in another low event AND won nano event too, making himself sure winner of both overall and high leaderboard and pretty bad threat to me @ low one which I now (barely) lead. Must be nice being lucky.

So UOS result-wise is somewhere between really bad and catastrophe unless I bink some larger high event at last. Preferrably many events. Sometimes just best player can't win anything.

Friday. 6 tournaments, latereg'd all because I was quite tired.

Lost most quickly, AK < A9, A8s shove SB just to meet QQ from BB etc. Just sick at this ridiculous ❤️♥️❤️storm what my runs are (and have been for years truly) and have been the whole time. Especially at the high ones, but they've not been exactly good in low ones either. Moneywise it is just sad as 80% of buy-ins is in high ones and almost all leaderboard prizes at the top10 goes to winner at overall and top3 at other ones. Great value at the series though, especially if I would play few other good value tournaments alongside. Just super frustrating always run megabad at important spots and end up one-tabling some 0,1€ nano.

But 25€ freeze ALMOST got in the money. Well, it would have unless this setup 27 left

setup1.thumb.png.8e75f727b6900c8dc66fc08097ae05e2.png

And exact bubble two hands later.

setup2.png.c3fb1024665328b5aa9f997a969207bd.png

As 2 players busted quickly, I wasn't prepared for that by opening other tables and Unibet crappy software costed me 65€ as it couldn't open other tables in time for me to check out situation in those tables before I had to act. Other player busted at the same hand too... ofc couldn't have any chance at this with this ridiculous shuffler and like 10th bubble / semibubble @ high events is real.

Please Unibet - fix your software  which is pretty much worst software in the market and with so many bugs and crashes it always feels like it is still under beta-test.

Extra beat that made exact point bubble in 5€ low one which might be mega costly. Opponent played uberbadly but even he couldn't help it but to win me when another fish at the hand made ridiculous 1bb bet-fold @ position at super ridiculous spot when Q93(5) shallowstacked hit QJ vs. 33. Did try to survive to the points, but was 1 second too early... 3 players busted within 5 secs after I busted making me feel like ❤️♥️❤️ (not first time such thing happens that takes ages people to bust and they bust right after me getting some stupid beat). Was 1st in low and 4th in overall before this day and may easily cost 100-500€ in the end.

Hoping for that big or even medium score that I really deserve and 2nd place overall + 1st place low leaderboard right now. 1st place is just a player too far at the leaderboard now. Something like +3k€ overall result would be okay, not great but okay and I would really love to spend it during my summer holiday for funny things after a while.

Well this pretty much sums up my Saturday. Expensive one rebuy.

If I don't bubble 50€ KO it would at least bring a major portion of my buy-ins back though. Bad day though anyway, LB is pretty much now fighting for scraps... overall got close but no cigar. Sunday would need to top5 100r or to win 25r to save my UOS.

tunk2.thumb.png.7bc12378638d4832cd864a1e405a2a42.png

Got the mincash but nothing more. Megaflip 12 left for good stack and nice bounty. 

Overall super sad series when it comes to every single tournament with 25+ buy-in. Lost about 1000€ at those and also it would've been super easy to make top3 @ high one (and probably would be still fighting for overall victory again clear current leader). 

Well hopefully can take down low leaderboard and even that 2nd place for overall. Nano LB would be fun to take down, but pretty meaningless moneywise. Ofc. points there are very important as they do count to overall series which is still pretty open, most likely will finish anywhere between 2nd and 4th place now. Very slim chance to finish 1st (would require like 2+ wins tomorrow with one being 100r) and if run super badly and opponents great then might slip to 5th or so.

I can't tell how superb it would be to bink 100r right now though. Moneywise it wouldn't ge a gamechanger, but considering playing morale + motivation it really could be gamebreaker.

tunk3.png.b674dcc01058eb9c12f904d71ff89ca5.png

First win. 2€ one, but still the largest cash by far (which is sort of sad) during these 2 weeks.

pytty5.thumb.png.aa057b09aecfb1bbf0e7784faa8f9a7f.png

Pretty much seals up for low leaderboard I guess and my 2nd place in overall leaderboard unless someone else has run. Haven't checked standings out though, note that 3rd player is "Monsterstack" who is at the mega lead overall so not much help there, he is running mega super hot but for once I did win QQ > AKo when he tried to trap me but was behind (a bit).

7th @ Nano

1st @ Low

11th @ High

2nd @ overall

This is starting point. Overall would be super frustrating to keep these points, but at least I didn't end up losing... about b-e @ games, -1k or so @ high events, profitable @ low, nano and sats. Frustrating always to have doomswitch at higher buy-ins.

If I 100r win + overall victory and I'd promise to be happy.

Sunday ❤️♥️❤️storm

0 won flips today. It started like AK < A2 for 100e ticket. At the 300% overlay sats and some 200+% added tourneys all the same. Never can win a flip. Also met mr. "add-on bug at a satellite"

Pretty much the same as 2 weeks ago when I did cash 0 times, lose 3k€ and bubble 5,3k$ leaderboard. This day also had huge buy-ins considering the series, especially as whales forced me to rebuy quite a lot even I did try not to @ 25 or 100 games.

And when we got the real games., it became even more nasty.  0 points from these 3 as whales got lucky bit too soon, just  5-15 mins later would've at least saved the points. What are the odds that every time I do shove (did that very sparingly close to the points) some whale wakes up and always wins?

1549531403_0points1.png.826e2b62bda793aed3f2b9d1e4570677.png981029482_0points1b.png.30b2c7ee16fb96791df5684878165e84.png2080941767_0points2.png.6547623f3981bda7fa6edb6f382183b5.png866998526_0points3.png.764e364a1f52bd34454247f9016aa77f.png327423240_0points3b.png.58a12f4875f24fc5b76bf9a77d82bda9.png

Now there is 0 chance for good or even decent UOS result, as only 2 nanos and 1 low running. Well, can't do anything when opponents always call (with good or bad hands) and never can win a singly ❤️♥️❤️ flip.

At least I can say that I have played my best game 90+% time of this series and I am no doubt best player who participated @ the series. Too bad best player rarely gets rewarded. 

Time to open some REAL drinks instead of coke.

And at the last 25r I shove 11bb UTG+1, whale calls SB. Well, that's pretty much what I expected as it happened all other tournaments today as well, couldn't literally win ANY flips today and those flips came far too soon to get points (got some from this, but expect worse catastrophe there than Napoleon marching to Moscow '1812.).

whaleplay2.png.30db84f6bab571090318a734113ffbd3.png

Now I will get real drunk. One-tabling 1€ nano with small stack. Probably end up 10th or so.

Music is like between this:

And this:

You cannot be serious, such a modest and humble great player deserves all the luck going to take his rightful place at the top of every leaderboard everywhere forever. 🤣

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

ThaT post is legit..Op should stop crying, i literally runned much worse at this series than him probably, i lost aces 20 times at row etc, but to play that short sample of tournaments is mostly about luck ( i play poker for living 7 years). 

People know ❤️♥️❤️ how bad can they run on tournaments, on how variance could be there. OP isnt even running bad, size he played is just too small. 

Archived