Beating the MTTs

Pucuri88

Hello guys!

I don't play that much as I wanted this month so I am not very pleased with myself, I have to work on that.

But about the results: Yesterday I shipped the 2€ Crazy Moon tournament (I think that is the name), that is not a big deal, but how I shipped....at 600/1200 big blinds I had 80, yes, eighty chips left. :D Then in 5 hands I got AA, QQ and 99 and after 5 minutes I was chip leader, sick tournament :D

After a long time I played the 25€ Abyss yesterday too and got 3rd and got 3rd in the 5€ rebuy Multiverse. 

This month is pretty good in results but not in the volume. I really want to increase my volume at the SNGs and put some extra time in studying. You guys have any advice to practice SNG ICM and other things?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the advice @FreedoM! :)

Yesterday was a big grind with big wins. Unfortunately I couldnt win a 250€ UO main sat ticket, but I won an Odyssey ticket from 10€ but I was busted out before itm, but that was the 1st time I played this tour :)

There were a lot of deep runs however I busted 3x25€ MTTs but I won the Nebula for 400€ and won the Gorsky for 173,45€.1481138554_Nebulawin.jpg.6d52d2aff74a66ed1d630ac57c29ec9a.jpg

773750997_Gorskywin.jpg.f7b7151376c47bcb59ca1b3e925b12c7.jpg

Finally I could win the Gorsky, I had 2nd and 3rd place there and now I have a 1st too :D

I had some more deep runs, for example in the Black Hole but busted out in the last 2 tables, I had 2nd and 3rd place in smaller tournaments.

From September 2017 I have played 1111 MTTs at Unibet with ~5€ average buyin and 80,48% ROI, really sick and I hope I can improve my game to beat the biggest MTTs too.

I really would like to be a regular in the 25€-100€ MTTs and I try to increase my bankroll as much as I can after the withdraws (we saving money for buying an own house with my wife) but sometimes it is hard to find the best way how much I should withdraw and how much I can leave in the bankroll. One thing is sure, I have to increase my volume because December and January were a much lower volume then October and November.

Hey guys!

I am here with the January's summary.

As I said befire my volume was more less then I wanted to play however the results are good I have to put more volume in February and the rest of the year. Because we have a plan with my wife as we would like to buy an own flat and if I put some serious volume in there is a real chance for buying that at the end of the year (or the beginning of the next year). So It is clearly reachable just have to work for that!

So first here are the results:

125 5man SNG played, mixed 4€-10€ --> 57,12€ profit

13943 NL10 hands played --> 30,34€ profit (maybe I missed -1-2 buyins, so nearly breakeven)

144 MTTs played, average buyin was 7,10€ --> 1241,96€ profit

So the sum is ~1300€ profit.

The goals for February:

- Play at least 250 MTTs (but I would like at least 300, but February has only 28 days so I will be happy with the 250)

- Play at least 350 SNGs besides the MTTs (or maybe less then 350 but then play at least 15k-20k cash game hands)

- Collect the 5 bronz and 5 silver tokens for the Queen of flip on every grind days

- Try not to play the Queen of flip tokens until the end of the month and play all tokens on the last day and stream it on twitch

I am going to take off this weekend as we are going to take some wellness action with my wife :D But from Tuesday I am going to grind as f***. :D

GL guys!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

Yesterday on my stream was asked how I make the MTT profit graph in excel, so here some explanation:step1.jpg.ec24a2f8a214d475efdb9670a06b9c14.jpg

It is simple, I did 4 column (but if you dont want to separeta the rebuys and addons from the original buyin it is enough to make 3 column). First is the "Buyin", second is the "Rebuy/Addon" (if you want), third is the "Winnings" (so the prize you get for your place) and the fourth is the netto profit. Then you start the first row with "0€" (as your graph start from 0) and after that in the second row of the profit column you put the formula in (as you can see in the picture). So for example for me the formula is:  =E2+((C3-(A3+B3)))

After you pick your box (where you put the formula) and pull down. And then you simply write in your buyin, winnings, etc in the boxes and you get your netto profit after every single MTTs.

Finally you make a graph in your excel and you put the "Profit" column as your graph's target area (starting from the "0€" box). And you get something like this:2118149730_step2.jpg.e299437e2332fedf62845261fcc44ca3.jpg

So your graph moves up and down after every MTT score you put in. :)

I hope I could explain it well but if you guys have some question, don't hesitate to ask me! ;)

GL everybody!

Ahh come on...After I shipped an UOS event started run so bad. Busted out not only from the UOS events but every other MTTs as well against turned or rivered 2-3 outs.

I tried to rest on Monday and relax. I started every session like "I will stay calm whatever happens" but when I bust out from 3 tour in 10 mins against those 2 outs I got tilted.

It happens a lot when I have the read I know I am ahead and villain gets there on the river...I know the only important is make the right decision but these days are frustrating for me now. Maybe because I really wanted to make a good run in the leaderboard and the whole UOS.

Alright, keep calm and relax and focus!

GL everybody! ;)

@Pucuri88 "Maybe because I really wanted to make a good run in the leaderboard and the whole UOS." That's the problem, you expect things. Just be pro and don't expect anything just do good decisions or move to cashgames. 😃 MTTs are the most savage game ever. #TakeNRG #BlessRNG

@Pucuri88 I assume u do this for a living, your only focus should be to make the best decisions your skill set allows you no matter the outcome. In the end if you keep getting it in good the luck and math will balance itself and you'll reap the rewards. #TakeNRG #BlessRNG

Hey guys!

I had an interesting hand during the UOS which I want to share with you and maybe we could talk about that.

So...pre.jpg.e4c987c68949a979dbe3fd95eb5fabab.jpg

flop.jpg.41d83d27f704871619654ef0eddbccb1.jpg

After I reviewed this hand I really want to reshove on the flop now...but during the tournament I just called. But now I think the best move is to reshove to this pot cbet.turn.jpg.2884a0eef913d3a39963f9ed539abe34.jpgAfter I didnt shove on the flop I think I should reshove on the turn. But still just called.river.jpg.fbcef0745a4d1256fe9dc093361b903d.jpg

My main question for you guys is how you would played this hand? And what you think about villain hand range?

I find pretty interesting that the villain raised even smaller on flop(pot), turn and river(half pot) but with the river raise he was committed to the pot, so I think he had an overpair on the flop (99, 1010), but not KK or AA or top pair with good or the best kicker. I don't know his previous table activity but I give less than 20% for the rivered 2 pair. I agree if you have had any tell than you should c/r on the turn and The river fold is a pretty good decision.

Flop is a standard call.

What would you like to achieve by shoving there?
You are just going  to valuetown yourself against better hands and make worse hands fold.
You can maybe get 99 or TT to fold, but that's about it.

If you shove this flop you are imo just scared of having a tough decision on turn or river.

I think you played it fine.

I know it sucks to fold river after having put in almost half your stack, but raising flop or turn is imo less EV than flatting
If you had hit on the river, you probably wouldn't have posted the hand.
Villain might also barrel hands like AK occasionally and give up on river.

Sure enough you might have "let him get there" with a hand like AQ, but if he has overs he only has 10.6% to hit on the turn.
So I think you played it ok, just no lucky outcome 😃

• 3 weeks later...

Archived