Beating the MTTs

Pucuri88

@Pucuri88 to be more specific. I saw you put in figures for your sessions which I assume to be monthly figures. 

So what i really meant to ask was if you have a monthly amount of money you’d like to make and you fall way below your target but didn’t make a loss or anything how do you treat with those “slow times”?

i hope that is more specific 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

downswings happen, especially if you playing high variance games. i think aslong as you didnt loose a great deal your fine? alot of things i read these days suggest not too be results orientated as its out of your control set goals too be more achivable like work on c bet spots? so even if you have a slow week you can still feel your prgressing and not just stuck in a rut work on progress not results i guess :P 

@Shoryureppa Yes, downswings happens or break even periods mainly in MTTs. With my wife we have enough save money for those times when I have a break even month or I cant cashout my "monthly target" money. So the main thing is if you dont have enough save money for at least 4-5 month (or more is better ofc) then I dont recommend to play MTTs (if your income only comes from poker).
And the other important thing, some people if make a great month (like winning a big MTT) they spend all the money but they shouldn't. So keep your brm and dont spend more money just because you shipped something big.

@Pucuri88 Solid BRM advice. 

I have some free time nowadays so I was considering how feasible it was to generate a secondary income playing poker. I know of people who have done it successfully. 

I have a little personal challenge that I have with a buddy of mine who plays also on the same sites I do and even others as well. I am super micro stakes so I’m trying out building bankrolls from scratch to develop experience as I move from micro to low and so forth. 

Archived