Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

The beautiful city of Bucharest will host a €500,000 guaranteed main event for the Unibet Open Poker Tour 2016 from 1st – 4th December.

The season finale in Romania will be capped at 800 players and organisers estimate a record-breaking event.

This is the largest guarantee that the Swedish operator has offered in the tour’s nine-year history and signals the growing popularity of this unique event.

“We have worked with Pokerfest Romania for a couple of months to put everything in place. We are extremely happy to up the cap to 800 and GTD half a million. This is the biggest event we have ever done,” said Nataly Sopacuaperu, Head of Live Events at Unibet.

Players will stay at the luxury-grade Marriott hotel and will be treated to the famous Unibet hospitality, including welcome drinks, players’ party and lots of activities away from the poker table.

As usual, all of the action will be streamed live at www.twitch.tv/unibetpoker with commentators and online qualifiers for the event will kick off in the next couple of weeks at www.unibet.com.poker.

More details about the Bucharest event will be released over the coming weeks, but first players can look forward to Unibet Open Copenhagen which takes place from 25th – 28th August.

Copenhagen will also see WSOP November Niner Kenny Hallaert will take over Unibet Open tournament director duties for the first time.

Qualifiers

Qualifiers for this event will be running on Unibet from 9 August 2016, four to six packages are guaranteed in our Sunday Final that starts at 20:00 CET.

Event Website: www.unibetopen.com

Unibet Open SEASON 2016

• London 3-6 March 2016
  • Malta 26-29 May 2016
  • Copenhagen 25-28 August 2016
  • Bucharest 1 – 4 December 2016

Media

Image gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/unibetopenofficial/albums
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/unibetopen
Check out our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/UnibetOpen 
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/unibetopen
Instagram: https://instagram.com/unibetopen/
Snapchat: UnibetOpen

19 REPLIES
AndreiBN Rank 23
Rank 23

I'll be there for sure.I'll be happy to be a guide for some of the members as well in BUcharest Very Happy Smile)

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"
Community Manager
Community Manager

AndreiBN wrote:

I'll be there for sure.I'll be happy to be a guide for some of the members as well in BUcharest Very Happy Smile)

Sounds good! Smile

@Jeppe-Unibet@Marco-Unibet and I will probably be there as well (depends on the number of members that'll play). We'll probably arrange a small community freeroll, and we should grab a drink as well Smile

FreedoM Rank 14
Rank 14
I'm so excited about this event, really hope i get 2 days off work to play it. #awesome #xoxoxounibet
“The unfed mind devours itself.” – Gore Vidal
AndreiBN Rank 23
Rank 23

Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Sounds good! Smile

@Jeppe-Unibet@Marco-Unibet and I will probably be there as well (depends on the number of members that'll play). We'll probably arrange a small community freeroll, and we should grab a drink as well Smile

Would be great to meet you guys and have a drink with you and some members from here.

1st of December will be celebrating also National Day,and Bucharest will be completly full at that moment and lots of great parties as well Very Happy

0 Likes
WWhite Rank 19
Rank 19

very good Smile I have to see if this is what I qualify, since it is difficult to Copenhagen: / and that date can take two days of vacation X) weewww, nice Smile

0 Likes
Unibet Poker Expert DavidP_Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert

I think @GotWhatItTakes knew this info weeks ago Smile

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
GotWhatItTakes Rank 17
Rank 17

DavidP_Unibet wrote:

I think @GotWhatItTakes knew this info weeks ago Smile

Yeah, thats right. :smileyembarrassed: At first I thought it would be Tirana, Albania, but after a Snap of the Airport in Bucharest I was 99% sure it was Bucharest :smileyvery-happy: 

With such a huge prizepool and as Bucharest seems to be a very nice place to be, it would be foolish not to try to qualfiy. 

Will there be satelittes for the side events or the Highroller as well? We have 3,5 months until Bucharest starts, so lots of time. Would be great if there would be more possibilities in reference to tournaments you could satellite into cheaply.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.
0 Likes
polarbear Rank 17
Rank 17

i think if it was 1mil gtd it could easily take that down.a lot of players will come to play this event. is what Bucharest needs for the next big events.Good choise for that

0 Likes
AndreiBN Rank 23
Rank 23

@polarbear we'll grab some drinks during this event and be guides for some of the members of this community who will join the event Very Happy