Life Vent Thread

Sect7G

Here is where we randomly vent out life frustrations on a specific topic.

Here's mine.

My wife and I started watching Game of Thrones via DVD from the store rental.  We noticed right away in season 1 that the production was just terrible.  All the dark scenes and especially the battle scenes at night didn't show a thing.  Just a lot of shadows.  It makes sense from a budget POV.  I mean these scenes would cost a lot of money to film so they went cheap and made everything cast in shadows to the point where you don't even see what's happening or who's killing who.  Cheap bastards and had they done it right the show would be amazing.

Flash forward to season 5 and we go on vacation to Florida and brought Season 5 with us.  We watch from the hotel TV and notice the production value has soared tremendously.  People are dying in detail and you can actually see what's happening at night time.

We get back home to watch the final few episodes and the production has gone back to garbage.  My wife then mentions that she had the TV dimmer down to nothing due to putting our daughter to bed when she slept in a crib next to us and never changed it back. 

Now what do I do...  watch the entire fn show again?  Youtube all battle scenes? or start a thread like this.

🤣 🤣 🤣 definitely watch it again! I've watched it three times, and I usually never watch a series more than once - last time was because the GF hadn't watched it, but I still enjoyed it, paying slightly less attention though. What makes GoT so great is ALSO the production quality - the final six episodes are estimated to cost around $15 million apiece! You're sure to notice new details, when watching it the second time, and it's not only because you couldn't see anything on the screen the first time 🤣

🤣🤣 Best thread I read all day. Definitely watch it again, I wasn't a huge fan of the series but as it progresses the politics that get involved, connections between characters and the sheer badassness of some scenes and cliffhangers are worth it.

Former Community Moderator

Couldn't get into GoT 1st time which is strange cos i love fantasy, but have been meaning to give it a 2nd chance so this thread has made my mind up. Fans are definitely enthusiastic.

By the way my life vent is people talking about a series I haven't watched...........mmmmmm,  catch you later.😃

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

With 4 kids time is our biggest shortage so a rewatch is out of the question.  What really adds to the life burn is every good battle scene in future episodes will just conjure up regret on the scenes we missed.  

Thx for the support  guys.  Life is hard nd I look forward to sympalaughing at your problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived