ban this 2 players

hendlau

Not the same account, but the same guy for sure. Know the guys are working hard on trying to prevent these guys from doing this, but it's not that easy, when there're no similarities between the accounts, other than signing up and dumping the cash ticket to another user.

@testuser1 wrote:

Not the same account, but the same guy for sure. Know the guys are working hard on trying to prevent these guys from doing this, but it's not that easy, when there're no similarities between the accounts, other than signing up and dumping the cash ticket to another user.

We had this debate before regarding long verify times so i must ask again. Should Unibet start to verify accounts when they are made, to get rid of these multiple accounts by one person, shorten the withdrawal time....

And does Unibet pay back those chipdumping hands to players who have been involved by blinds or betting or do the money just go to Unibet when accounts closed ?

Still don't think it makes sense to ask everyone for documents, considering a minority are asked for documents with the current process.

Generally speaking you should be very happy about getting these guys at your table, as they play quite a lot of hands.

@testuser1 wrote:

Still don't think it makes sense to ask everyone for documents, considering a minority are asked for documents with the current process.

Generally speaking you should be very happy about getting these guys at your table, as they play quite a lot of hands.

That last line 😠

So it is the customers, and not Unibets fault, that those guys can play? And whe should be happy, that we lose money to them and report them, so Unibet eventually ban them. With poor results apparently if they can make multiple accounts and play again. This also gets in to my feelings....

Never said anything about it being the customers fault. Simply stated that it's usually a good thing to have these guys as your table, as they play a lot of bad hands = easy money. Unibet suspend these accounts when alerts are triggered in the system and when they're reported. I haven't seen a refund request that got denied, but to be fair I haven't seen a refund request at all, that's related to this.

Unibet suspend these accounts when alerts are triggered in the system and when they're reported.

The trigering alert system is sort of a real system, or just random players reporting them or you(moderators or administrators etc) supervising tables and seeing those players?

Hey @Livertool

How would you prevent these cases? And no, verifying accounts when they're created is out of the question. That does not serve anyone, not the customer, the company nor the employees. We do appreciate feedback tho! 

We are working really hard on identifying, creating and updating the tools we currently use on spotting these kind of accounts and players, and we usually suspend the accounts unbelievably fast. 

I do agree with Stubbe and NMPfan on this one, usually dumpers try to push people out of the hand by betting big and then folding, which means you will get a lot of value with your premiums. (And they do this with utter ❤️♥️❤️.)

And no, it's not the players fault that those guys can play, but it's not Unibets fault either. The reason accounts like that can be created is because it needs to be fairly easy to sign up and start playing, with no extra hassle. Of course we could make it much harder to create an account, put up immediate blocks so you need to verify your account before being able to play, but how would that help? Would you like to go through the verification process immediately? Imagine a nice friday night, you decided to play a game or two of poker and heard about this cool site called Unibet. You go ahead and make an account and you get denied. Or you casually stumbled on a twitch stream from one of the ambassadors, managed to win a giveaway ticket and you open an account, hoping you could play the ticket ASAP.

In worst cases, it will take some days to go through the process. It would only have a negative impact on accounts created (=easier for recreational players to create an account and have some fun with poker = more money for you ;P) and it would only be "helpful" for the users who currently has a verified account. 

On another note, please people, keep on reporting the accounts that do manage to get to the tables and ruin your fun, it will be handled ASAP. You can either report the accounts here on community, or you can contact livechat about it and they will take it further. Taking a screenshot is always good. That way we can eliminate typoes and such. :)

Have a fantastic night! 

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

I agree with Stubbe, these guys are free cash for anyone at the table, don't see why there's an outrage from the players.

Obviously for the site they are really bad however since they probably abuse signup bonuses.

Holy mother of god .Ok i start with this one.

IF IT SO GOOD FOR PLAYERS AND FREE CASH, DO NOT REPORT THEM!  I MEAN, I WOULDN´T IF FREE CASH IS AVAILABLE. ARE YOU HERE TO MAKE MONEY OR LOSE IT?

@ReCorpH wrote:

Hey @Livertool

How would you prevent these cases? And no, verifying accounts when they're created is out of the question. That does not serve anyone, not the customer, the company nor the employees. We do appreciate feedback tho! 

We are working really hard on identifying, creating and updating the tools we currently use on spotting these kind of accounts and players, and we usually suspend the accounts unbelievably fast. 

I do agree with Stubbe and NMPfan on this one, usually dumpers try to push people out of the hand by betting big and then folding, which means you will get a lot of value with your premiums. (And they do this with utter ❤️♥️❤️.)

And no, it's not the players fault that those guys can play, but it's not Unibets fault either. The reason accounts like that can be created is because it needs to be fairly easy to sign up and start playing, with no extra hassle. Of course we could make it much harder to create an account, put up immediate blocks so you need to verify your account before being able to play, but how would that help? Would you like to go through the verification process immediately? Imagine a nice friday night, you decided to play a game or two of poker and heard about this cool site called Unibet. You go ahead and make an account and you get denied. Or you casually stumbled on a twitch stream from one of the ambassadors, managed to win a giveaway ticket and you open an account, hoping you could play the ticket ASAP.

In worst cases, it will take some days to go through the process. It would only have a negative impact on accounts created (=easier for recreational players to create an account and have some fun with poker = more money for you ;P) and it would only be "helpful" for the users who currently has a verified account. 

On another note, please people, keep on reporting the accounts that do manage to get to the tables and ruin your fun, it will be handled ASAP. You can either report the accounts here on community, or you can contact livechat about it and they will take it further. Taking a screenshot is always good. That way we can eliminate typoes and such. :)

Have a fantastic night! 

And for this, there is so much hsit  :D that i can reply, maybe tomorrow if i have time

@ReCorpH wrote:

It is almost like free money. Wouldn't you like to play with 2 guys who just keep on raising ATC? No one said it's fun, or fair, or allowed. Don't take it the wrong way. 

Almost free money?:laugh: Like i almost won in lotto? :laugh: Are you kidding me :laugh:

And no i wouldn´t if i don´t see the cards by xray vision. 2 against 1 is really bad way to go. I would prefer fair game ,no matter if i lose or win :)

@ReCorpH

unbelieveble what brainwash can do !

if you were the same you start you first post on this community i dont think you would ever had that thought about new accounts created without verification. i am really amazed now by how you find an opportunity to work at Unibet you suddently try to find protect the new accounts created without any verification .

darling , most of the countryes has now legislation about gambling and most of them they have in their license t&c that the new accounts created must be verified before playing (specific period) . what Unibet is doing in this moment with the no deposit money ( without deposit , without verification etc) is only on the Unibet favour and not in the player favour. For Unibet is generating rake= money =profit .For fair players is - rake - money ( in case they will ever receive anything from the colluders ) - pleasure .

If Unibet will ever be fair enough should keep no verification but instead of No deposit should introduce Deposit Bonus .

Nice brainwash instead .What people can do to keep their job instead

Guys, you really think it would be in anyone's best interest, if Unibet requested multiple documents upon signup, and the customers couldn't play before the documents had been approved? I honestly think that's a bit ridiculous. Here's a bit of reasoning:

- it'd require a huuuuuge amount of resources. Unibet is a listed company and need to generate a profit. It'd likely mean another part of the experience would get less resources. 

- Unibet would be the only place doing so. It'd mean significantly less customers, which would result in less money in da bank = not as many resources for product development etc. Look at e.g. Trustpilot or here on the community, and you'll see how much people hate to send in documents. It's the most painful experience, but sure, let's just get everyone to go though it, even though there's no need for it.

- it's idiotic to request unnecessary documents. This is really the main reason in my opinion. I simply don't see why you'd want to request a document from someone when it's not needed, and he/she would not be asked for it in the future. Not only is this a pain to the customer, but also Unibet.

- it wouldn't mean that the customers would not be asked to send in documents. Unibet can never request ALL documents upon signup. They can only request documents to verify address and ID. Payment methods would (maybe) have to be verified later on. Or would you ask the customer to deposit and then close the account for verification? - even this would not help, as many customers use multiple deposit methods.

- There're so many different types of documents, and every account is unique. Unibet can't request the same documents from all customers, and then everything is fine. Every customer is unique and different documents will be needed depending on a lot of variables. 

For the record I want to state that in most markets there's a sort of electronic verification where the details are compared to that of a national database.

@polarbear LOL. You've no clue what you're talking about 🤣

Hello again @polarbear.

First of all, this is by no means "brainwashing" but my honest opinion. I would give almost anything (than my job) to be able to sit down at Unibet tables and enjoy the soft field. 

You are correct, in some legislations you do need to identify yourself by one way or another before being able to actually play poker, or deposit/withdraw funds. It still is not the same in every legislation and forcing it is not a choice. 

I really don't see your point in "what Unibet is doing in this moment with the no deposit money ( without deposit , without verification etc) is only on the Unibet favour and not in the player favour. For Unibet is generating rake= money =profit" If I give you a 10€ cash ticket to play with and you lose it, it was a free 10€ and you created way less rake than that. In case you manage to spin it up to hundreds of thousands, and generate rake in the tens of thousands, it's still a free 10€ you got which was put in the system by Unibet so 0% of the rake is actually paid by you. Yes in a way, that with less rake that would be in your pocket, but the monetary investment to it is still 0€.

And yes, with 100% certainity a business is built to make profit. That's how businesses work. 

By being able to register without verifying your account with electronic verifications or by manually sending documents is good for the players. The access to games is easier and you don't need to immediately go through the hassle. It's also good for the company, since it requires less  work (Even tho eventually people will have to verify the accounts) and all the manpower can be focused elsewhere, to improvements. 

I'm not going to lie to you, I'm sure I would not have thought about the subject to this extent as I am now, but I also wasn't included in the process from this side. The only thing I absolutely hate about the job is the fact that I can't no longer play at Unibet. 

What I don't understand is why don't you want to give other people the same chance you got when you signed up, (Country specific) welcome package? Why should it now be taken away from the new players? And by giving out the package to complete newbies is actually giving you money aswell, since you play better than the average starting player. 

"Nice brainwash instead .What people can do to keep their job instead" I am not doing this to "keep my job". I keep my job by doing it well. Being ambitious.

I do this because I love the game of poker, and I do want to try my best to keep the game alive. Every contribution matters. 

Lets make poker great again.

E: Stubbe beat me to it. Well phrased.

Archived