Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

Inspiring and you are crushing dude! GL GL @Esir 

Esir Rank 14
Rank 14

Hello,

This hand will haunt me for a while. Roast me.

Hero (CO) - White

Villain (BU) - Red

A15B0446-DAB0-40E3-B4F8-F2F7ED3C820F.jpegNL25

Better to be lucky than good.
FreedoM Rank 22
Rank 22

From the info you just gave, it's a nice fold.

“The unfed mind devours itself.” – Gore Vidal
Esir Rank 14
Rank 14

@FreedoM wrote:

From the info you just gave, it's a nice fold.

Didn't have too much info on him as he sat down a few minutes before and didn't do anything out of line.

GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

Not knowing may well haunt you @Esir ,but sometimes finding out can cost too much. What price peace of mind? Scared

It Is What It Is
Esir Rank 14
Rank 14
 wrote:

Not knowing may well haunt you @Esir ,but sometimes finding out can cost too much. What price peace of mind? Scared

I got a little bit of mind peace a few hands later as I got my money back and the rest of his stack. But the question "what if?" keeps lingering in my mind. 

I'm not sure if this was the ideal way of playing this spot.

0 Likes
Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

Don’t really like the line. Why check on the flop?  Not a real fan of having AA in a check raise range on turn in here in a single raised pot. Can you give me a couple of other hands you put into your check/raise range on turn and which you play the same way? Likewise which hands do you check here on flop? Can argue for that AA can be checked at some frequency but I prefer bet the majority of the time. I’m not trying to say “You are unbalanced <GTO rant rant rant>......” but think this exercise will be a good one to better understand the spot and also your opponents line. He is on Button right?

(*Hint* He has all the two pairs and sets in his range on this flop and with this line.)

Esir Rank 14
Rank 14

@Silver1 wrote:

Don’t really like the line. Why check on the flop?  Not a real fan of having AA in a check raise range on turn in here in a single raised pot. Can you give me a couple of other hands you put into your check/raise range on turn and which you play the same way? Likewise which hands do you check here on flop? Can argue for that AA can be checked at some frequency but I prefer bet the majority of the time. I’m not trying to say “You are unbalanced <GTO rant rant rant>......” but think this exercise will be a good one to better understand the spot and also your opponents line. He is on Button right?

I want to have a strong checking range OOP at a low frequency especially on boards that rarely hit my range. I agree that the raise on the turn was bad as it is better for the V range. It was better a check raise on the flop as I get value from all the overpairs. Or maybe a bet/bet/fold line was optimal as well.

Tbh I don't think that the hands that I would check raise with on the turn oop would not bet on the flop, gutters, str8 draws, flush draws and sets. So yes a pretty bad move on my part.

(*Hint* He has all the two pairs and sets in his range on this flop and with this line.)

This is what I was thinking as well when I got to the river.

Thanks for the feedback.

Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

”I want to have a strong checking range OOP at a low frequency especially on boards that rarely hit my range.”

Sounds good! Especially good if V is a heavy flop barreling and bluffish type of player. Read less like in this case I go with bet though.

I lean towards bet/bet/bet-fold on this texture, position and stacks.

You got it! AA fits better into another range (see above) in this spot. I have hard to see any hands and a potential range you play this way and also how you balance such a range played in this way. I know that balancing can be a bit of overrated (for ex due to that V might not be observant enough) but if you think of it from the perspective that it helps you to not end up in complicated spots it can be a helpful tool for yourself to ensure you are not over bluffing or under bettering for value etc.

NP mateSmile

Esir Rank 14
Rank 14

Hello,

April is finally over. A lot of free time, a lot of grinding, shots taking and swings. I need a vacation.

April Challenge Update:

Hands Played: 118852 / 85000

Total Hands: 413059 / 1000000

Winrate: 

• 4NL:  51bb/100 (Under 5k hands)
  • 10NL: 15bb/100
  • 25NL: 1.59bb/100 (Bad run + bad play = poor results, had to move up for people to respect my raises)
  • 50NL: 8bb/100 (Under 10k hands)

Might get into more details later. Until then I wish you good luck at the tables and have fun.

Esir