MathrimC's poker journal

MathrimC

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great results over the last week or so!

Do you have up to date stats for your SNG10s? I went though mine and found out that I finish ITM in 49.8 % of all time, however only 19 % in first place and 30,8 % in second place. I am curious to see how the distribution looks for your results.

Thanks

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Haven't got around to reading all the blog, but been through the intro and some of the more recent posts.

A great read and along with some other threads has inspired me to start playing again now there is finally a good site to play on.

As a former tournament player and husng player I'm looking to get back involved and play either husng or the 5 mans which are more appealing right now.

The goal is to play mtt but need something to build a roll with first so I will have a okay with the 2 and 5 man and see what works.

Hopefully before long I can join you guys in the majors.

Good luck 

I've noticed in this thread and some others people talking about ticket value increasing and what not. I'm looking to get into as many live events as possible so I was hoping someone could explain or point me in the right direction to find out more about this ticket system.

Assuming this is gonna make it harder but can't play weekends :/

@WuDu wrote:

Great results over the last week or so!

Do you have up to date stats for your SNG10s? I went though mine and found out that I finish ITM in 49.8 % of all time, however only 19 % in first place and 30,8 % in second place. I am curious to see how the distribution looks for your results.

Thanks

Didn't play that many SNGs since I began grinding MTTs at the start of last month.

Here are my up-to-date stats:

187110107_chart(1).png.2b7fb5e887a8dca14e702a70cccf6c10.png1329834915_chart(2).png.a6a95f0ed856bd98c4ab6be7c5c9a53e.png

That's 22,5% first, 21,27% second, 23,3% third.

@UAC wrote:

I've noticed in this thread and some others people talking about ticket value increasing and what not. I'm looking to get into as many live events as possible so I was hoping someone could explain or point me in the right direction to find out more about this ticket system.

Assuming this is gonna make it harder but can't play weekends :/

There are two main qualifier series for live events running on Unibet: those for the Unibet UK Tour and those for the Unibet Open. For the UK Tour, the levels are €1 -> €4 -> €25 -> €100 -> €500 package (there's also an alternative €10 -> €100 route), for the Unibet Open the levels are €2 - > €10 -> €50 -> €250 -> €2000 package (there's also an alternative €25 -> €250 route). Any of the intermediary tickets can be exchanged to multiple tickets of a smaller value. For example you can exchange a €25 UK Tour ticket for 6 €4 and 1 €1 UK Tour tickets, or a €250 Unibet Open ticket to 2 €50 and 15 €10 Unibet Open tickets. That way, once you won a few tickets, you can keep grinding the lower levels to build a decent ticket value, so you can take multiple shots at the higher levels without having to buy in cash.

You can request the ticket exchanges here: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Ticket-exchange/bd-p/poker-ticket-exchange

@MathrimC

Thanks for going through your stats. Interesting to see the different playing styles, since we have almost exactly the same number of SNGs played. I see you had some mad swings. I'm now slowly moving more into MTTs as well after reading this blog and watching your twitch stream, but due to the swings, I doubt I'd ever move away from SNGs completely.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@yarik_gr wrote:

@MathrimC Do you use any soft to improve your game? I'm thinking about buying ICMIZER but I'm doubt a little.

I had an ICMizer pro subscription for about a month. But the two free calculations a day can already help a lot. Also, you can find a free ICM calculator here: http://www.holdemresources.net/nashicm But this one doesn't allow you to play around with different opponent shoving and calling ranges.

I've also made my own ICM calulation sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m_Z4qOEtaunqxensy9AVC79weoFaR_m2zQfu-gNIMRM. You can make a copy to your own google drive to use it. It calculates the equity your hand need against your opponents range to call a shove. You can then calculate which range you can call in Equilab by estimating your opponents range and using the hand range calculator.

Paid software I have at the moment is Flopzilla and PokerSnowie. But for me so far, books and training videos have helped me more than software.

It's been a rough weekend in the cash MTTs, down €425. A mincash in the Cosmic Rays for €80 was my only payout.

But none of that matters given that I binked the UO Final tonight! Dropped down to 7bb when we were about 30 left, scored two double ups, then got it in with a full-house on the river in a huge 3-way pot for 100bb. Sailed on to the final table from there. It was close and tense in the end, but managed to survive, to win my biggest ever prize in online poker!

1314695292_2017-11-0600_54_50-250-10000UnibetOpenFinal-700_1400-Ante175(6902768).png.e7a4fa8f28d23f01f8a4725920e5a1fa.png

XJyemeI

I was checking the playing field around 10 PM and you were in last place with 1000 in chips! How many UO250s did you play until you qualified? 

@WuDu wrote:

XJyemeI

I was checking the playing field around 10 PM and you were in last place with 1000 in chips! How many UO250s did you play until you qualified? 

Yeah I pulled off a sick comeback. Only my 3rd final. Started playing UO qualifiers two months ago, nice to start on an upswing 😀

@Tillus wrote:

congrats & enjoy the venue

what did u think about FLONFro's game? he just showed up recently (or changes his alias) but seems to be quite solid & goes deep a sh*t ton

Didn't really pay attention to him earlier, but he really used his big stack to put down the ICM hammer near the end. It might be argued that at a certain point, when he had over 1/3rd of the chips in play, his stack was big enough to fold his way to a package, but he decided to keep bullying. Which was very useful for me, because he busted both the 7th and 6th place finishers.

I've played my 200th UK4 qualifier today since I started tracking my results at the beginning of April this year, time for a UK Tour qualifier results report for the past 7 months:

• uk1: -€3 or -9,38% ROI over 32 qualifiers
  • UK4: €483 profit or 60,38% ROI over 200 qualifiers
  • UK10: €320 profit or 320% ROI over 10 qualifiers
  • UK25: €830 profit or 37,73% ROI over 88 qualifiers
  • UK100: €1100 profit or 73,33% ROI over 15 finals

UK1.png.0d3cf604f9f0ec7b7788797b27a34c21.pngUK4.png.b86797c113b8dc200dc65d942bcb4640.pngUK10.png.20d9fa003526c467efd2e364f50bf721.pngUK25.png.9c6db7138d1dd81cdf79231d99868380.pngUK100.png.b762b852f42de544f4b2ea34c4553ea5.png

It's fair to say that I've been running very hot, especially in the finals.

Also, the positional graphs for UK4s and UK25s are a nice illustration of the edge you get from ICM knowledge (most of the ones I played had top 3 paid):

pos4.png.796460fab8b958651a1c6b2fc6806816.pngpos25.png.9e1e2c8b51c7e641974217e4f34d2359.png

Archived