MathrimC's poker journal

MathrimC

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off from work until the 22nd of May. During my days off, I want to try and get my studying habit back and will try to do at least 1 hour of poker study each day. Topics I want to cover:

• 3 betting ranges in MTTs
  • 30-50bb play
  • HU play
  • Go over some of the content of the book NL Hold'em For Advanced Players again
  • Go over some of the hands in Moorman's Book Of Poker again

I will also do some pokersnowie sessions, and might stream some of that on Twitch.

In the meantime, my Belgian Poker Championship grind isn't going that well. My results on the €4 level are great, but I can't get over the €20 level. Because most of the €20 qualifier are winner-take-all, there is no ICM involved, which lowers my edge, and I'm definitely lacking in HU skills. But I'll keep trying and will work on my HU skills the coming week.

• 3 weeks later...

Results update:

• For the Belgian Championship, I played 3 finals so far and busted them all quite early. My last one even in the very first hand (https://clips.twitch.tv/MushySteamyClipsmomLitty). Tonight I'm going to take another attempt. I'm making good profits on the €4 level with a 83% ROI after 30 qualifiers.
  • My UO ticket roll is now at €160. I'll keep playing the €10s and might play a €50 qualifier this week. My UO10 ROI is at 38% after 144 qualifiers.
  • In the UOS qualifers, I managed to win 2 €100 UOS tickets and 1 €25 UOS ticket
  • My overall bankroll dropped below the 3k level to €2741. This is due to my bad MTT results: down €1320 after 439 MTTs (mix of €10, €25 and some €50 and €100 buy-ins). Behold the graph of doom:

503411843_chart(10).png.bb10e61943533cf80fcf33987cab2df9.png

In the coming weeks I plan on playing the €5, €10 and €25 UOS events, and as many qualifiers for UOS tickets as possible, because my ROI in qualifiers is higher than in normal MTTs.

On the study front, I reviewed my notes on Janda's book and have been doing some snowie sessions. I'm thinking about cancelling my Run It Once subscription, because I hardly make use of it anyway, and going for a Snowie pro subscription instead, to do more range analysis in Snowie. I've been streaming some of my snowie sessions on Twitch and will do some more in the future. Tune in if you're interested, and don't hold back your criticism if I'm talking nonsense :Smile:

Tonight, I'll be streaming the Belgian Championship final starting around 19:00 CET, so tune in to www.twitch.tv/mathrimc if you want to see how I'll ruin it this time :Cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't play too many UOS events, due to missing a couple of days. The evenings I did play, I sometimes skipped some events to keep table space for qualifiers, because my ROI is bigger in those, and because most of the highs were too high for my bankroll.

In the UOS events itself, I'm down €282. My best result was a 13th place in the ante-up high for €90, after blinding out (or is it anteing out) too much. Given how much money was on the final table, I should have played much more aggro instead of folding for a ladder (which failed).

In the UOS qualifiers, binked 3 €100 tickets in 10 €10 qualifiers. I played and busted 5 €10 qualifiers for €50 tickets, and cashed 2 out of 3 €5 qualifiers for a €25 ticket. In total I'm up around €100 in the qualifiers. Also got 1 €100 ticket left to play a supernova.

Meanwhile, the UO grind is going ok, my ticket value is at €310. I'm not planning on playing any finals for Bucharest because the date doesn't really fit me, so I'm going to be saving up for le dernier de l'année 😉

Today I tested out if homonyms of VanillaC run as well as the real deal. Confirmed:

1681632550_2018-06-1122_15_20-10-QualifiertoUnibetOpen504TIX-150_300-Ante40(8730422).png.2fef563e2cdf28e1306e8854bf19dccd.png581308765_2018-06-1122_41_32-10-750EventHorizon-1800_3600-Ante450(8730063).png.b102bc87e59012a36d4124ca5a085fd6.png

On the study front, I upgraded to a pro PokerSnowie subscription. I feel like I'm learning a lot now that I can range analyse all the snowie hands I play. For those interested, I occasionally stream a Snowie study session on Twitch, mostly in the afternoons in the weekends. Tune in if you like to discuss poker strats 😃

• 3 weeks later...

It's been two weeks since my last update, but there's not much to mention.

Been going slightly down in MTTs, UO qualifiers and some cashgames that I'm playing on the side. I did win a 50NL cashgame ticket through the silver penalty promotion, exciting to get an opportunity to play some 50NL 😃

I'm going to the UK Tour in Glasgow this weekend, playing day 1b with 1 bullet. I'm gonna be there on Friday evening to hit the bar and smirk at the regs busting. Would also be an ideal opportunity to try and ping @theMachine.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I posted any blog updates. I participated in the Unibet Belgian Championship one month ago, where I busted early on day two. Other than that, the online grind is kind of break-even recently, so not a lot to mention except a bink in the Event Horizon last weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm doing a twitter giveaway for Layers of Fear, a horror game that I played on my stream a few months ago. Make a horror themed drawing/painting/photoshop-creation and post it here: https://twitter.com/mathrimc/status/1045993949150760961

I recently bought a package of horror games which contained another Steam key for the game while I already had it, so I'm giving away that new key.

Archived