Fourteen Years Of Heartache In The Microverse, Is The End In Sight?

Posted (edited)

You are still coming back there, so there's is something you like, even it's giving you a bad time. And also in this we are very similar. Don't know what else to suggest about cash, because I can't help myself either, but have you considered to play MTTs more now as it seem you are getting resluts from them? maybe you will start to enjoy them even more than cash game after some time

Im looking forward for Euro promotions, to have a little more fun like I had the last Christmas time and later for the 10th Anniversary.

Its very nice to see the garden life there! I'm far behind on that front, because I didnt had much motivation to work on it after the dog left us. 

Edited by HardGain
  • Thanks 1

Thanks HardGain.

I play mainly cash and have always done so just for the convenience. The number of times you play an mtt for three hours then go out with KK v JT is not fun to me, even the odd score here and there doesn't seem to make up for it. I'm too set in my ways as a lazy student, it seems hard enough to concentrate too long on the dynamics of similar stack sizes (100 BB)                         

without getting into ICBM

launch missile GIF

😂

push fold charts

200.gif?cid=815b7430xe2l4hnlhnwedewy46vb

and stuff like that. 

I really don't know whether to do Euro Missions this time, certainly the prizes look very tempting, but all those Hexas,  BadBeatBanzais and sitting around waiting for AA don't really inspire me much, and for the cash game flips or whatever they are I'll be playing anyway. 

I'm sorry about your doggie, my last little friend was a cat (I like both) but when she left I said never again. It's trite to say, I know, but time does help a bit, hope your back grinding soon as the ache fades a little.

It takes me some time to get going in the garden (longer each year as age creeps on) but once started it is a way to forget worries and cares. An hour on the tables getting more frustrated and madder and madder or an hour in the garden digging a hole to replant something you've nursed through the Winter, it's a hard choice.  

Good Luck

image.png.3b69db82f397f6cd08b4a1d5f81d8252.png

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

"La-dee-da, la-dee-da."

First hand of the day.

image.png.ca62c1a57415d911bc674a0068a96328.png

image.png.01bd8fcb51db632e585a5bcba1f522d9.png

image.png.fca60a41513b557ce31b53b2a20a0610.png

At this point I knew I was in trouble.

image.png.fb9d18b43498648fdc3e43d840c8479c.png

The old me would have collapsed to the ground followed by gnashing of teeth and rending of garments, 😱  the ever so slightly improved me only did some mild gnashing and rending,  😖  ending the session with a win.  🙂 

More gnashing and rending might be found here.

• Sad 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

"All Quiet on the Poker Front"

A fairly quiet week poker wise. A few days limping upwards followed by the seemingly inevitable slide downwards left a small profit for the week, welcome nonetheless. 

image.png.fe24ef59441545f7eb57567fe9eaca68.png

Not many interesting hands, they all seem to fall into two categories. I either win a small pot when I'm ahead and stay ahead or lose a larger pot when I'm ahead and fall behind. Maybe that's because I've changed my mind yet again over the number of tables to play. I find one, two or even three tables too slow, and tend to start overthinking how to play hands. 

image.png.43980e0dfc0e00349a59cadfda72d326.png

The button is raising here (2 1/2 BB) simply because he's on the button, so I raise.

I'm not calling out of position and ( I think) my hand has promise,

big blind calls simply because that's what he does. 😬

Having both called I'm already I think I'm going to get into trouble,

mindset problems again.

image.png.687d7c17a1098fe51aa9a1bb344a6ae8.png

A reasonable flop and being the pre flop aggressor but OOP I don't want to be passive so raise,

The caller calls, that's what he does, 🥴

The button folds, as I expected. 🙂

image.png.5bb7fd9d18e85b11eafb1e72769d2ced.png

Not to go into whining mode but whenever I get a huge draw they just never seem to hit. 

Isn't this one about 60% to hit by the river? I'm seriously running way below that. 😖

Anyway I feel I have to continue, bet again, called again, as he does. 🥴

image.png.9ee8b6d6eb7c7edd50e4ca994e8756cd.png

Of course the draw misses, but would I have got any more by betting what looked like a draw that hit?

I felt I had to bet, if I'd checked he would have bet big, (he'd done that a couple of times)

or he would have checked back and shown me an Ace or a pair of eights. 

He folded this time 😓 but these are the situations I struggle with. I was being aggressive there but I seem to be guessing which way to play. I know it can be very player dependant and if I hadn't seen any hands against him I could just as easily check all the way and be blasted off on the river. 

I tend to think there's little point in the 2-4c zone trying to outplay the rest so I'm now going to play 6 tables at a time, rigidly folding all the tatty flops, only playing very strong draws or good flops, not getting too involved in unfavourable situations just because I'm playing so few hands and want to get involved. 

On the weekly community tournament front this week was even better than last week's surprise second.

image.png.3263688172631a82c32314ea427d317c.png

I could say I played well, brilliant timing of the bluffs, making hero folds, knowing when to push or chill, reading the players like a true pro, but the truth is I just hit one of those runs. Every time someone pressured me I seemed to have it, and the pots I did lose were minimal. I'm not counting the winnings towards the blog, that's strictly the Microverse Cash games, but welcome anyway. Come along to the stream if you'd like a bit of chat and me critiquing your play. 😂  

Happy Days. 👍

The garden is calling, some replanting to do, 🌳💚  bye for a bit. 

image.png.62f258f16020da40df50b4dd8d91cd0c.png

• Like 5

You need to make your 3B OOP bigger, 4x at least, you raise to 8.5BB and BTN only has to call 6BB to continue which is a good price. As played I would not bet the flop but probably go for a x/r if possible and then mostly jam turn to deny equity and you have decent outs. The flop isn't a terrible board for your range but not a great one either, AA AK QQ etc are all devalued on a wet flop like this especially multiway. Also depends on BB coldcaller as lots of people coldcall AQ JJ TT 99.

I don't mind the 1/2 flop cb multi but as played you could always x/r all in on the turn if you know fish? villain is stabby. Double flush boards on the turn often get shoved.

Not sure what to think of the riv shove as played, normally you don't want to bluff missed flush draws, especially A high ones, but as you block some straight combo's it's maybe not as bad, not sure. And all the other draws bricked so guess it can be ok, again depends on villain, if they are sticky with TT etc its terrible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1